#41 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:26 PM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 20 August 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

He also couldn't hold a lock while moving at the same time, something we generally point to and invoke terms related to tubers. We already mock people who can't move and shoot at the same time, why are we pushing any weapon system closer to that?

God forbid you find an sensitivity setting that will allow you to get good and move and shoot at the same time. The people who use direct fire weapons and can hold their aim on a single component are doing a way better job than what you suggest is possible.

Also what's this "we" business you speak of? You sound like you belong to some sort of Cult of the LRM.

Edited by NUMBERZero1032, 20 August 2018 - 01:27 PM.

#42 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:29 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 20 August 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

ATMs are considered to have Artemis baked into their core stats. This change will not affect their spread values as they where not affected by the Artemis upgrade just like MRM's and Rocket launchers. This will only affect the lock on angle and lock times.

Didn't you have that precise issue when ATMs were first introduced, as you couldn't separate Artemis bonuses from anything that locked on to a target?

Two steps forward, three steps back Mr. Lowery. This is a massive change to the performance of an entire type of weapons.

View PostNUMBERZero1032, on 20 August 2018 - 01:26 PM, said:

God forbid you find an sensitivity setting that will allow you to get good and move and shoot at the same time. The people who use direct fire weapons and can hold their aim on a single component are doing a way better job than what you suggest is possible.

Also what's this "we" business you speak of? You sound like you belong to some sort of Cult of the LRM.

Nah, just the general mockery on forum and Reddit alike of players who have to stop moving to fire their weapons- and until now, I really didn't care what kind, but it was generally direct-fire shooting. I've seen this happen. It makes me a sad giant robot pilot when they're on my team.

#43 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:31 PM

Also to keep on about LRM's, the changes to the lock angle won't actually affect anyone who can aim. Additionally, the Artemis nerf to accuracy will kinda slow the time to kill, but there's still an endless stream of LRM's coming down.
Hopefully PGI has taken a look at this video. It reviews the DPS and sustainability of an extremely common LRM80 missile boat. It's possible to keep up the LRM spam indefinitely from a single mech.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHJ3Eek0oTQ

Edited by NUMBERZero1032, 20 August 2018 - 01:55 PM.

#44 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:31 PM

I have one simple question.

Artemis Bonuses required line of sight or not?

PLEASE PGI.

#45 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:35 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 20 August 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

ATMs are considered to have Artemis baked into their core stats. This change will not affect their spread values as they where not affected by the Artemis upgrade just like MRM's and Rocket launchers. This will only affect the lock on angle and lock times.

Sorry to bother you Chris but a couple things if you have time.

#1. When can we expect to see action from the Clan Laser Alpha topic or is this still buried in the PTS?

#2. I noticed PGI rarely tweaks the Skill Tree since it came out. I am just curious if the skill tree is outside of balance and is more a fixed position to serve as a grind / gating. Lots of people seem to hate the skill tree but I don't mind it that much....However.... the skill tree still isnt as good as it could be and the lack of tweaks is going to push me into the anti-skill tree camp (not that PGI would care :D ).

Edited by Kin3ticX, 20 August 2018 - 01:36 PM.

#46 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:39 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 August 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

Weapon Lock changes
  • Weapon lock assistance angle tightened by ~50%
Posted Image

This is more than 50%.

Area of a circle with radius 60 units (blue): 11309 square units
Area of a circle with radius 100 units (orange): 31416 square units

Reduction in area going from radius 100 to radius 600: 64%

Missile lock-on target area has been nerf-bludgeoned by approximately 64%.

At this point, if you can hold a missile lock on something, it's more efficient just to shoot lasers or ballistics at it, since anything that misses the target would also lose the lock.

Guess I'll break out my locusts tomorrow.

Edited by Jonathan8883, 20 August 2018 - 01:48 PM.

#47 SuperMCDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:48 PM

Can we please have an answer to Navid's question. Seems kinda important.

#48 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:56 PM

Also where's mah Atlas and Victor mobility buffs >=O

Edited by NUMBERZero1032, 20 August 2018 - 01:56 PM.

#49 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:56 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 20 August 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

Sorry to bother you Chris but a couple things if you have time.

#1. When can we expect to see action from the Clan Laser Alpha topic or is this still buried in the PTS?

#2. I noticed PGI rarely tweaks the Skill Tree since it came out. I am just curious if the skill tree is outside of balance and is more a fixed position to serve as a grind / gating. Lots of people seem to hate the skill tree but I don't mind it that much....However.... the skill tree still isnt as good as it could be and the lack of tweaks is going to push me into the anti-skill tree camp (not that PGI would care Posted Image ).

#1: When we feel that we can move in a direction we are satisfied with. We are still reviewing PTS results from over the weekend. Some things we may decide to move on sooner, some later, some not at all. All of it is still being internally reviewed.

#2: We make minor value alterations periodically, but any kind of node change is something that has many ripple effects in many skill tree builds that would almost certainly have to be refunded and reset with any form of node change. And would result in literally everyone who invested in such trees to have to reset and re-allocate points to whatever tree was altered.

Never say never, but this is something that we would only conciser if we felt that enough significant change has to be made to the tree to warrant a reset and asking the entire playerbase to re-assign points to their trees under a new layout.

#50 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:00 PM

Only thing I'm concerned with is the Streak nerfs. They are quite literally the only thing to counterattack light mechs (and some mediums) effectively. Lurms definitely needed a nerf though. Also...massive ghost heat for firing 2 Heavy Gauss at the same time like the AC/20 please.

#51 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:06 PM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 20 August 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

Only thing I'm concerned with is the Streak nerfs. They are quite literally the only thing to counterattack light mechs (and some mediums) effectively.

I find IS AC/20's (not UAC/20's do to multi slugs) and PPCs wreck them light fishes just fine. But then again, I've spent a lot of time practicing my aim with PPFLD, so your mileage may vary.

#52 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:12 PM

So were expecting more slaughtering using LRMs after this patch goes live.. Sure let the torture continue. After seeing Nico get his butt handed to him yesterday, clearly PGI rarely plays the game when actions speak louder than PR's.

Edited by Wing 0, 20 August 2018 - 02:13 PM.

#53 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:17 PM

, the Artemis upgrade was also applying these benefits to ATM's and Streak Systems without any further cost investment to the base launchers. This change will close the Artemis loophole on those systems, making their overall performance no longer dependent on any kind of hidden mechanic / upgrade. ATM and Streak launchers will now behave identically to one another whether a 'Mech has an upgraded Artemis system or not. </

It's only taken you SIX years to do something about the Artemis cheat.

Six years.

Even with Russ knowing about it for a long time and saying he didn't care.

What on earth gives you the mentality that Artemis should have it's tracking and locking bonuses removed. What's the point of the upgrade for a paltry 30% boost.

As for the cool shot change. Another case of no one asking for it and there being no need for it but you'll change it anyway.
Yet another patch of PGI's stoned meaningless arbitrary changes.

#54 Giedi Prime

Rookie

• The Medieval
  • The Medieval
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, England

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:18 PM

I am very concerned about the ECM range increase. This was a major issue for a long time a few years back, and reducing it by half was en excellent move.

#55 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:23 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 20 August 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

#2: We make minor value alterations periodically, but any kind of node change is something that has many ripple effects in many skill tree builds that would almost certainly have to be refunded and reset with any form of node change. And would result in literally everyone who invested in such trees to have to reset and re-allocate points to whatever tree was altered.

Never say never, but this is something that we would only conciser if we felt that enough significant change has to be made to the tree to warrant a reset and asking the entire playerbase to re-assign points to their trees under a new layout.

You created a monster!

#56 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:31 PM

So it took non LRM guys abusing LRM for them to get looked at.
Ok. I'm fine with that.
But one Nerf at a time please.
It's like 4 hits in one.
Honestly it seems to me more if a NARC exploitation as if late.
NOT Artemis
NOT lock on window.
NOT lock on speed.
NOT velocity.
So let's adjust to the new new new NEW meta which I'm guessing will be!
Return to AC spam.
Can't be bothered to care anymore.

Edited by HammerMaster, 20 August 2018 - 03:45 PM.

#57 Composite Armour

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:34 PM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 20 August 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

Only thing I'm concerned with is the Streak nerfs. They are quite literally the only thing to counterattack light mechs (and some mediums) effectively. Lurms definitely needed a nerf though. Also...massive ghost heat for firing 2 Heavy Gauss at the same time like the AC/20 please.

hello yes I would like to let you know about a secret OP technique to counter lights and every other mech in the game.

It's been passed down from generation to generation by ancient masters. Some have been known to call such a thing "impossible" or "hacks" by the sheer level of mastery and willpower required.

"What is this technique" you ask? It's called...

Aiming.

Also no massive GH for firing two 11 slot 18 ton weapons with a 250 optimal ok? ok.

#58 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:37 PM

Design Notes: The weapon lock change coupled with the closing of the Artemis lock on boost loophole will directly affect Streak SRM's ability to both lock and maintain locks against a target. Due to the short range nature of Streak Launchers, these changes will impact the streak system more than ATMs or LRMs. Especially against smaller, highly evasive targets. We did not want these changes to swing the dial on streaks too far into a negative direction, so we are providing an offsetting increase to their velocity so provided you can acquire and maintain locks with the more restrictive lock on system, it will provide similar times between starting the lock on sequence and hitting a target.

Hmm, I wonder...what is the velocity of SSRMs if they're never able to get a lock? And what improvement will faster missiles have against targets too slow to evade the more restrictive locks? The time between launch and detonation is largely irrelevant for targets that can't get out of the way...you're giving nothing back to compensate for what you're taking.

Good light pilots can already juke away and evade or break Streak locks right now. You should have no sympathy for bad light pilots who don't take full advantage of their superior maneuverability.

#59 ArcRoyale

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:54 PM

The "fan"base:
"Oh, so you nerf (Clan Gauss/Lasers/Literally Anything), but buff LRMs!? I am totally never gonna stop playing but gonna start complaining a little bit more!"

Also the "fan"base:
"You're nerfing LRMs!? I am totally never gonna stop playing but gonna start complaining a little bit more!"

At this point, we should get a hotfix that replaces the coffee mugs with mugs of tears. Sweet, salty tears. Posted Image

#60 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:55 PM

Far as I’m concerned, job one is to drop Artemis off all my missile mechs.

Job two is to park them. They’re all trash tier now.

This nerf has simply made the old saw true, that LRMs are bad and only bads LRM. This nerf is geared to one and only one kind of LRM play: Hanging back as far as possible and boating. The most spudly play with that system. It’s going to be a lot of fun for Locusts and Piranhas, because hunting season is officially open tomorrow night. Glad I’m able to half-*** aim nowadays and spend a lot of time under 40 tons. If this nerf had hit two years ago when I was running Catapults as primary I’d be hanging up the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users