#101 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:05 AM

Not for me.

The Two series of clan mechs epitomize everything that went wrong with the franchise.

An old 70 ton war hammer simply refitted with clan tech, would have made it clearly superior to the old, and would to a degree make far more sense than an almost childish need for everything clan to be not just superior but overwhelming so.

For all P.G.I's faults balancing clans to a sane level can be something they can feel some sense of achievement with

#102 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:30 AM

A create your own problems issue.
So now due to hard point power creep:
Mandatory 8+ hard points
Mandatory ECM
Mandatory high mounts
Mandatory ballistics.

I suggest following:
IIC +1 missile in same torso
IIC 2 put the head energy back in
IIC 3 double ams and ams quirk
IIC 4,10,and Maul have enough hard points and differences to leave alone.(I don't find Maul PTW but blatantly the best one of the bunch)
(Possibly in the 10 swap one missile for one ballistic)
If you HAD to have ecm put it in the 2 or 4
MASC is a joke
Why no JJ? (HoverJetsTM are a joke also and need a fix)

Edited by HammerMaster, 04 October 2018 - 11:51 AM.

#103 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:52 PM

View PostLance McRaven, on 04 October 2018 - 06:09 AM, said:

I am a fan of the Warhammer IIC, but am still leaning towards the Blood Asp, when looking at a Clan Assault

I wouldn't waste money on a Blood Asp, get the Mad Cat Mk II instead. If you already have a Mad Cat Mk II but still want a Clan Assault, I'd get the Supernova, Marauder IIC, Warhammer IIC and Kodiak before the Blood Asp.

#104 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:05 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 04 October 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

I wouldn't waste money on a Blood Asp, get the Mad Cat Mk II instead. If you already have a Mad Cat Mk II but still want a Clan Assault, I'd get the Supernova, Marauder IIC, Warhammer IIC and Kodiak before the Blood Asp.

Kodiak drives like a semi truck. I would get a Basp for guassvom, the only KDK that is really better is the 3, which isn’t as good as the MK2 B anyways.

#105 Aratiles

• Pip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:28 PM

Insta bought damn only 2 balistik slots tough.....

#106 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:39 PM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 04 October 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

In case you didn't know, PGI is going to nerf the clan laser vomit meta in the october patch, they have already released the PTS results and the roadmap back in early september.

The heat dissipation buffs easily cancel out the heat cap reduction, especially because the heat cap is still going to increase with more DHS (just not increase as much). The super high-end stuff like 6 ERML + 2 HLL will have a hard time with the cap, yeah, but 4 ERML + 2 HLL will easily let you still fire a full alpha without overheating (and now you'll cool down way faster for higher sustained damage).

#107 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:45 PM

I did hear there were supposed to be 2 Clan mechs announced after the Charger and Hatamoto. With the Warhammer IIC announced, if going by a pattern of same tonnage and similar relation....

....Phoenix Hawk IIC

It's also 80 tons and another IIC. That may be the missing January mech. Or maybe that will be March and January will be another original.

Edited by Sevronis, 04 October 2018 - 01:48 PM.

#108 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:10 PM

View PostSevronis, on 04 October 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Or maybe that will be March and January will be another original.

We don't want or need anymore of that negativity.

#109 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:34 PM

View PostNinjah, on 04 October 2018 - 02:54 AM, said:

PGI 1: Let's do something about the Clan laser vomit meta. PGI 2: OK. *Realeases new OP Clan laser vomit mech*

Passing on this and the game itself till some meaningful updates show up.

In case you didn't know, PGI is going to nerf the clan laser vomit meta in the october patch, they have already released the PTS results and the roadmap back in early september.

View PostFupDup, on 04 October 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

The heat dissipation buffs easily cancel out the heat cap reduction, especially because the heat cap is still going to increase with more DHS (just not increase as much). The super high-end stuff like 6 ERML + 2 HLL will have a hard time with the cap, yeah, but 4 ERML + 2 HLL will easily let you still fire a full alpha without overheating (and now you'll cool down way faster for higher sustained damage).

Frankly, I find that PGI's current course of action does NOTHING to counter the "Combined Gauss+Laser Vomit Meta" which has been tearing up the battlefields. Heck, if I mess up in an Inner Sphere Mech, then I do NOT want to be able to just shrug off a pounding from a Clan Mech Pilot trying to hammer on me. Unfortunately, that's what PGI's changes WILL allow! If anything, Chris Lowrey (and the Other PGI Staff) should take a look at my idea on how to fix the problem (which suggests using Ghost Heat Penalty Linkage to better control certain issues), as well as they should have done a PTS 3.0 to find out if their own idea would even work properly. Sadly, they have decided to get stuck on their Spreadsheets again, much to the dismay of many. Their current Roadmap will make the Inner Sphere into "Easy Mode", and leave anyone who isn't an 'Elite-type, Competitive-Class Player' effectively unable to adapt on the Clan side. But, PGI seems to think that everything has to be fixed from the top-down, instead of configuring it so Balance is even at all levels, so tons of people are going to get screwed over while only a few keep on rolling. It wasn't bad enough the Clans are so-called "Glass Cannons", edging on being "Worthless Paper", but PGI's intended changes WILL cause that classification change and result in severe Clan Mech (and therefore Clan Weapons) disuse, where they'll just collect dust for some time to come. :(

~Mr. D. V. "We're looking at the 'Death of the Clans' at this rate." Devnull

#110 LadyKayBee

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:05 PM

I've been wanting this mech for years now and i'm super happy it's being added. I would've immediately bought the Ultimate pack if i hadn't noticed a slight problem; The layouts are all rather "samey" and what's worse is that there's none with arm-mounted ballistics. Hell, only the hero even *has* ballistics.

I really want HAGs to be added, but even without them, couldn't we have gotten a variant based on the IIC-5 except with some other ballistic weapon in the arms, e.g. LB10s or Gauss Rifles, rather than the HAG20?

As it stands, both Reinforcements variants are very similar to each other, and very similar to the IIC-2 in the standard pack, which really makes me unlikely to buy the Reinforcements package.

Although i'm only one voice in thousands of people, I hope PGI can reconsider a variant.

#111 Bonfor

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:13 PM

Wow...none of these come with XL engines...now who's being a cheapskate, eh?

#112 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:06 PM

View PostBonfor, on 04 October 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

Wow...none of these come with XL engines...now who's being a cheapskate, eh?

Lore stockbuild are cheapskates? Posted Image

http://www.sarna.net...i/Warhammer_IIC

Edited by WarmasterRaptor, 04 October 2018 - 05:06 PM.

#113 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:22 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 04 October 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

A create your own problems issue.
So now due to hard point power creep:
Mandatory 8+ hard points
Mandatory ECM
Mandatory high mounts
Mandatory ballistics.

I suggest following:
IIC +1 missile in same torso
IIC 2 put the head energy back in
IIC 3 double ams and ams quirk
IIC 4,10,and Maul have enough hard points and differences to leave alone.(I don't find Maul PTW but blatantly the best one of the bunch)
(Possibly in the 10 swap one missile for one ballistic)
If you HAD to have ecm put it in the 2 or 4
MASC is a joke
Why no JJ? (HoverJetsTM are a joke also and need a fix)

I suggest you learn how to pilot instead of relying on specific stuff to save your ***.

ECM isn't "Mandatory." it's "I want to stand in the open like an idiot and still get shot by everything anyways."

any halfways competent MechWarrior when dealing with LRMs uses cover, use AMS, and coordinates the team to kill spotting mechs. ECM isn't mandatory. it's useful, sure, but it's far from mandatory.

People who think it's mandatory frankly are guilty of what i said above, and generally can't Teamplay worth @#$%.

Edited by Arkhangel, 04 October 2018 - 07:26 PM.

#114 Bonfor

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:27 PM

View PostWarmasterRaptor, on 04 October 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

Lore stockbuild are cheapskates? Posted Image

http://www.sarna.net...i/Warhammer_IIC

Since when did they worry about lore to such a strict degree? Posted Image

Oh, and I'm not seeing the Hero in canon...do you have a source for that? If they made that one up, why not XL on it, since later variants had XL, and even XXL?

Edited by Bonfor, 04 October 2018 - 10:32 PM.

#115 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:01 PM

Those hardpoints are a tough sell for me. $70 is a bit outrageous

#116 Eiswolf

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationRedfield

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:06 PM

*Wallet open*

All Mechs can Select by ala Card?
No?
Okay.

*Wallet closed*

Waiting on C-Bills Relaise.

#117 PAQUERA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:19 AM

Bought standart pack, best 80 tons for claner ATM

#118 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:59 AM

Poor Gary the gargoyle. With it's horrible hard points, no endo, locked oversized engine. It will always lose to this Warhammer battlemech. Please reconsider this oversized medium.

#119 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:22 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 04 October 2018 - 06:11 AM, said:

And is the current MWO not already in a different Dimension?
Using (for example) HPPPCs in a Civil War Era before the eradication of the Smokeys?

And yes neither HAG nor XXL nor Heat-Dissipating Armor nor Improved JumpJets are ingame now... and?
6 Improved JumpJets consume the same mass and same space as 12 JumpJets... and seriously an Assault with 12 JumpJets will finally be able to jump again.....
and the thing about HAGs is to have a variant with two ballistics in the arm (would not even overpower the thing) .... and the XXL with Heat.Dissipating Armor -> this thing becomes simple a 400XL version with 15t Standard Armor.

At 80tons its more like a fat Heavy... not an Assault....Posted Image and a 75t Mech is 90% of all cases the better choice - say thanks PGI for sticking with the build rules

So... you're not getting them (yet) then... ;)

80t works nicely for FW when tonnage not weight class is relevant. At least the Piranha gave us a lot more flexibility to take assaults. ;)

#120 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:30 AM

Over dramatisation as we can all see the actual changes - they slightly tweaked several weapons down in ways which really won't effect things desperately. The heat changes are actually more interesting. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users