208 replies to this topic

#81 Angrius Windstorm

• PipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:58 AM

Warhammer IIC: FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE MAH MONEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh already did just then lol.

#82 Ery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:08 AM

Cant see the superior firepower with this hardpoint setup. I put so much hope in this mech. Now I‘m sad :(

When I see the variants, I see lurms... and much more lurms.
The area around 80t is very interesting for me and its the third 80t mech in a row. And again nothing interesting...

Edited by Ery, 04 October 2018 - 02:52 AM.

#83 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:54 AM

PGI 1: Let's do something about the Clan laser vomit meta. PGI 2: OK. *Realeases new OP Clan laser vomit mech*

Passing on this and the game itself till some meaningful updates show up.

#84 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:59 AM

Missed Chance Pal....

I give you some numbers: 5;6;7 and 12.... why do we have only 2 worse copys of the 1 and 2... and a paywalled bigger version of the Standard MWO IS Whammy (Ballistic and Energy in Torso)

#85 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:43 AM

LOVE the concept art. and it's truly art Posted Image

wish the hardpoints where more different between all the variants. the one -really- different is the hero, the rest is laservom or las+missiles;
a ballistic hardpoint here or there would do the trick, really... come on PGI.. you know you want to ;)

#86 Timberjac

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPamplona, Navarra, Spain

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:46 AM

I want them… I need them...

#87 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:03 AM

My guess is that they're gonna announce another orivinal design during mechcon, which will be your missing january mech. Just a wild stab, but we'll see.

#88 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:05 AM

I really wanted to get this mech, since it’s like a grizzly tonthe Kodiak

However, the choice of basic pack is really poor. With Two Mechs being essentially the same

Since the need for three mechs has been removed, the sales model should really be updated

Let us choose which three of the five basic models we want!

I am not willing to pay extra just to get the add on mechs when the basic mechs are essentially of little use

Then again, the Orion IIC is the superior missile mech.

If only they could makes packs more attractive, or at least update the sales model, like how they did with the 5 mechs for $Xx

That was pure joy for new comers.

#89 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:43 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 04 October 2018 - 02:59 AM, said:

Missed Chance Pal....

I give you some numbers: 5;6;7 and 12.... why do we have only 2 worse copys of the 1 and 2... and a paywalled bigger version of the Standard MWO IS Whammy (Ballistic and Energy in Torso)

Aren't all of those using tech not in game or massively out of the time line (Dark Ages etc)?

#90 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 166 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:09 AM

I am a fan of the Warhammer IIC, but am still leaning towards the Blood Asp, when looking at a Clan Assault

#91 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:11 AM

View PostAramuside, on 04 October 2018 - 05:43 AM, said:

Aren't all of those using tech not in game or massively out of the time line (Dark Ages etc)?

And is the current MWO not already in a different Dimension?
Using (for example) HPPPCs in a Civil War Era before the eradication of the Smokeys?

And yes neither HAG nor XXL nor Heat-Dissipating Armor nor Improved JumpJets are ingame now... and?
6 Improved JumpJets consume the same mass and same space as 12 JumpJets... and seriously an Assault with 12 JumpJets will finally be able to jump again.....
and the thing about HAGs is to have a variant with two ballistics in the arm (would not even overpower the thing) .... and the XXL with Heat.Dissipating Armor -> this thing becomes simple a 400XL version with 15t Standard Armor.

View PostLance McRaven, on 04 October 2018 - 06:09 AM, said:

I am a fan of the Warhammer IIC, but am still leaning towards the Blood Asp, when looking at a Clan Assault

At 80tons its more like a fat Heavy... not an Assault....Posted Image and a 75t Mech is 90% of all cases the better choice - say thanks PGI for sticking with the build rules

Edited by Karl Streiger, 04 October 2018 - 06:12 AM.

#92 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:31 AM

The Game's still gonna be around in February. You guys keep forgetting about MW5. MWO's still going to be making them cash, but MW5's going to help a lot on that as well.

#93 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:37 AM

@ Everyone ---

Having looked at the Sarna.net BattleTechWiki and MWO Store pages, there is a valid way they could have added Ballistic Arm HardPoints. It would have just been a matter of starting from a Variant that we don't have the Weapons for yet, then selecting appropriate MWO In-Game Weaponry as replacement options. Sure, there would have to be some swapping of weights and underlying equipment as needed. And heck, I could have sworn that there were some variants back in "MechWarrior 2" with Ballistics that were not Torso-mounted. All in all, this is a missed opportunity by PGI, particularly since I can remember when I got to treat a WHM-IIC like an OmniMech with some wild options. :(

On the other hand, this makes me wonder about something. Is there some 80-Ton Clan BattleMech that I'm unaware of, which PGI would then use as the alternate option for having those wanted Ballistics on? Are we possibly looking at some unknown and unexpected Future MechPack that would be incoming? Only time will tell, because otherwise PGI might have some editing to do. :huh:

~D. V. "Yeah, the WHM-IIC is missing something to make it not bland." Devnull

#94 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:56 AM

I am still hesitant whether I should buy or not. Also, yes, the only ballistic hardpoints are behind an extra paywall..meh. We'll see. Watching Kanajashis "should you buy" right now. I have a strong feeling that I'll be buying, though. Even if it is for "support MW5" only.

Edited by latinisator, 25 November 2018 - 04:40 AM.

#95 Alvar Von Kenesthor

• PipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:19 AM

I bowed not to buy any new mech until Urbanmech IIc appears...
This mech's hurts me in that statement on so may levels...

#96 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,603 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:39 AM

Rifleman IIC please!!!!!

#97 Haazheel IIC

• PipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:55 AM

Lasers are my cup of tea and the design is really nice and 80t? I ll get this one!

#98 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:09 AM

View PostNinjah, on 04 October 2018 - 02:54 AM, said:

PGI 1: Let's do something about the Clan laser vomit meta. PGI 2: OK. *Realeases new OP Clan laser vomit mech*

Passing on this and the game itself till some meaningful updates show up.

In case you didn't know, PGI is going to nerf the clan laser vomit meta in the october patch, they have already released the PTS results and the roadmap back in early september.

#99 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:22 AM

I would have bought this pack if there were more ballistic variants.

#100 salimander138

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:39 AM

It has been said,
but this chassis needed at least one serious ballistic variant in the standard pack. Where's the boom??
The concept art is gorgeous, but the variants look nearly identical on paper. Posted Image

Quick fix - Just add one or two ballistic hardpoints on some of the standard variants and I imagine this machine would sell like mad. Trade them out for some lasers or missiles.

Put it to a vote, and see for yourself!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users