#121 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:36 AM

View PostC E Dwyer, on 04 October 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Not for me.

The Two series of clan mechs epitomize everything that went wrong with the franchise.

An old 70 ton war hammer simply refitted with clan tech, would have made it clearly superior to the old, and would to a degree make far more sense than an almost childish need for everything clan to be not just superior but overwhelming so.

For all P.G.I's faults balancing clans to a sane level can be something they can feel some sense of achievement with

Is this a troll as its a lore mech from the TRO - almost every IIC variant changed weight as the originals went with the SLDF and were redesigned with what they had after they were reborn as the clans?

#122 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:42 AM

View PostKrocodockle, on 04 October 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

Those hardpoints are a tough sell for me. $70 is a bit outrageous

Thats the normal price for the Ultimate aka all the mechs - its 20 for the basic, 40 if you want the +c-bill version, 15 for the reinforcements and 15 for the hero.

That said i still don't understand why they won't discount the ultimate by say $5 as an incentive to buy everything in one go, particularly on a chassis where the resistance look like duplicates and make the basic+hero buy a lot of us did far more compelling.

#123 tingod

• PipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • Leutnant-General
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 03:36 AM

Ok, now i want the hauptmann with the biggest light engine 400. 😂

#124 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:22 AM

View PostAramuside, on 05 October 2018 - 01:42 AM, said:

Thats the normal price for the Ultimate aka all the mechs - its 20 for the basic, 40 if you want the +c-bill version, 15 for the reinforcements and 15 for the hero.

That said i still don't understand why they won't discount the ultimate by say $5 as an incentive to buy everything in one go, particularly on a chassis where the resistance look like duplicates and make the basic+hero buy a lot of us did far more compelling.

Basic+Hero is all I did. Considering the Collectors too because it would give me a top-tier clan reward and another 30 days premium time, but I'll wait to see quirks on the (S) mech before I buy it. if it gets PPC quirks like IS warhammers or some kind of decent energy quirks I'll pick it up, but otherwise the Hellbringer is still a better laservomit mech at 15 tons less.

#125 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:31 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 05 October 2018 - 06:22 AM, said:

Basic+Hero is all I did. Considering the Collectors too because it would give me a top-tier clan reward and another 30 days premium time, but I'll wait to see quirks on the (S) mech before I buy it. if it gets PPC quirks like IS warhammers or some kind of decent energy quirks I'll pick it up, but otherwise the Hellbringer is still a better laservomit mech at 15 tons less.

How our the current IIc Quirks. I believe they were all stripped of quirks.

#126 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:51 AM

View PostHammerMaster, on 04 October 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

We don't want or need anymore of that negativity.

Hey I actually like the Roughneck and Sun Spider :P

#127 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:05 AM

View PostYumoshiri, on 05 October 2018 - 12:59 AM, said:

Poor Gary the gargoyle. With it's horrible hard points, no endo, locked oversized engine. It will always lose to this Warhammer battlemech. Please reconsider this oversized medium.

The Gargoyle is useful in one very small niche build area... the sub-200 meter knife's edge brawler. That thing can mount 16 micro lasers / small pulse lasers, and pump out more pinpoint damage than any other mech in the game. It's really good if your entire team is brawling in faction play on city maps like River City, Frozen City, or Crimson Straight.

It is straight up useless in quick play or in larger maps though, or if your entire team isn't committed to brawling.

#128 mgto

• PipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:07 AM

I'm obviously a big fan of the wh2c as one might remember

And I have to say this design is really really nice! Hardly anything to crit.. If I had to pick something I would have dropped the inner 'toe'.
Now I'm looking forward for the 3D version.

Great work as usual!

Edited by mgto, 05 October 2018 - 10:14 PM.

#129 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:56 AM

View PostAramuside, on 05 October 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

Is this a troll as its a lore mech from the TRO - almost every IIC variant changed weight as the originals went with the SLDF and were redesigned with what they had after they were reborn as the clans?

Really?

Beowulf / IIC - 45/45
Clint / IIC - 40/40
Commando / IIC - 25/25
Dervish / IIC - 55/55 (Apoc)
Griffin / IIC - 55/40
Guillotine / IIC - 70/70
Highlander / IIC - 90/90
Hunchback / IIC - 50/50
Jenner / IIC - 35/35
Locust / IIC - 20/25
Marauder / IIC - 75/85
Orion / IIC - 75/75
Ostscout / IIC - 35/35 (Proto)
Phoenix Hawk / IIC - 45/80
Rifleman / IIC - 60/65
Shadow Hawk / IIC - 55/45
Stinger / IIC - 20/20
Thunderbolt / IIC - 65/70
Urbanmech / IIC - 30/30
Warhammer / IIC - 70/80
Wolfhound / IIC - 35/35 (Unique)
Wolverine / IIC - 55/50
Wyvern / IIC - 45/45

If you ignore the Dervish, Ostscout & Wolfhound oddballs, it's an almost even split of 9/11 for change/no change. Most changes are heavier, all the 'mechs that became lighter are Mediums and the Phoenix Hawk has the most ridiculous change at +35 tons!

#130 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:03 PM

I wanted this mech but noticed it's another one with low torso mounts, not sure if I want it now. At least I have some time to think about it.

#131 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:56 PM

Beautiful Mech, but it is Clan, so that means it will be nerfed into the ground right out of the box. No more money on Clan Mechs from me.

#132 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:03 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 05 October 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

Really?

Beowulf / IIC - 45/45
Clint / IIC - 40/40
Commando / IIC - 25/25
Dervish / IIC - 55/55 (Apoc)
Griffin / IIC - 55/40
Guillotine / IIC - 70/70
Highlander / IIC - 90/90
Hunchback / IIC - 50/50
Jenner / IIC - 35/35
Locust / IIC - 20/25
Marauder / IIC - 75/85
Orion / IIC - 75/75
Ostscout / IIC - 35/35 (Proto)
Phoenix Hawk / IIC - 45/80
Rifleman / IIC - 60/65
Shadow Hawk / IIC - 55/45
Stinger / IIC - 20/20
Thunderbolt / IIC - 65/70
Urbanmech / IIC - 30/30
Warhammer / IIC - 70/80
Wolfhound / IIC - 35/35 (Unique)
Wolverine / IIC - 55/50
Wyvern / IIC - 45/45

If you ignore the Dervish, Ostscout & Wolfhound oddballs, it's an almost even split of 9/11 for change/no change. Most changes are heavier, all the 'mechs that became lighter are Mediums and the Phoenix Hawk has the most ridiculous change at +35 tons!

Think you're missing the point I was replying to. ;)

#133 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:51 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 05 October 2018 - 07:05 AM, said:

The Gargoyle is useful in one very small niche build area... the sub-200 meter knife's edge brawler. That thing can mount 16 micro lasers / small pulse lasers, and pump out more pinpoint damage than any other mech in the game. It's really good if your entire team is brawling in faction play on city maps like River City, Frozen City, or Crimson Straight.

It is straight up useless in quick play or in larger maps though, or if your entire team isn't committed to brawling.

I love my Gargoyle. My favorite build resembles that of Conal Ward's, with twin ER PPCs and Streak SRM-12. It's great when I want to play a heavy 'mech with quicker assault-class MM!

#134 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 October 2018 - 07:00 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 05 October 2018 - 11:56 PM, said:

Beautiful Mech, but it is Clan, so that means it will be nerfed into the ground right out of the box. No more money on Clan Mechs from me.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like PGI is trying to destroy any worth to Clan Mechs being present in MWO, and letting themselves be controlled by those whiners who wrongfully cried "Clanz OP, Nerf Plz!" for a while now. Heck, I've received no response back from Chris Lowrey and/or Paul Inouye since I posted on the "Alpha Balance PTS Results and Roadmap" thread, located over in the "Developer Outreach" board. Heck, my two posts (#252 & #254) which are on Page 13 indicate a path that PGI could use to lock down any stupidly Oversize Alphas on both sides, without wiping out so many Playstyles and Mech Quirks that a cat would want to claw the MWO Servers to shreds. Unfortunately, I think we're seeing MWO permanently go down a bad road which it will never recover from. :(

EDIT :: By the way, I'm throwing a 'Like' on your Post for the Discussion Value. B)

~D. V. "I think we're both seeing problems get introduced that should never be there." Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 06 October 2018 - 07:01 AM.

#135 Righter8

• PipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 09:21 AM

Not sure if anyone's pointed it out to PGI, but "Pre-order your Warhammer IIC Package before Nov. 30th 11:59:59 (PST) (Dec. 1st 7:59:59 UTC) and receive the following items as an added bonus when the Warhammer IIC ships Feb. 19th 2019."

Is incorrect. What happened to October 31st? Or, maybe it's only the US that has 31 days in October?

PGI, just insert my free Warhamer IIC hero into my account for pointing this out. Peace.

#136 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 09:34 AM

View PostAramuside, on 06 October 2018 - 05:03 AM, said:

Think you're missing the point I was replying to. Posted Image

Nah, I just like making lists Posted Image

#137 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:04 PM

From a business stand point I have to question a couple of decisions.

1. The reinforcement mechs are kind of pointless, you should have come up with a ballistic variant and put it in the reinforcement pack to encourage people grabbing the ultimate pack.
2. I would have put the 3 in the reinforcement back and moved one of the missle/energy mechs to the standard pack.
3. Hero mech is great nice job! Lots of load out possibilities there.

Pgi you should reconfigure the packs as
Prime- 7 energy hard points
2- 5 missle+ energy
3- 3 missle + energy
4- ballistic reinforcement mech
5-7 energy hard points
Hero- as is.

That’s an easy 70 dollars off of everyone who wants to preorder.
Ignore the lore nerds.

#138 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 04:10 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 05 October 2018 - 06:31 AM, said:

How our the current IIc Quirks. I believe they were all stripped of quirks.

Highlanders and Orions have structure/armor quirks. Hunchies, Marauders and Jenners have zilch. One of the marauders released with a single quirk but they removed it. MadCats actually did get some offensive quirks.

#139 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 04:22 PM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 06 October 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

From a business stand point I have to question a couple of decisions.

1. The reinforcement mechs are kind of pointless, you should have come up with a ballistic variant and put it in the reinforcement pack to encourage people grabbing the ultimate pack.
2. I would have put the 3 in the reinforcement back and moved one of the missle/energy mechs to the standard pack.
3. Hero mech is great nice job! Lots of load out possibilities there.

Pgi you should reconfigure the packs as
Prime- 7 energy hard points
2- 5 missle+ energy
3- 3 missle + energy
4- ballistic reinforcement mech
5-7 energy hard points
Hero- as is.

That’s an easy 70 dollars off of everyone who wants to preorder.
Ignore the lore nerds.

All the variants, except the hero, are straight from the TRO's and source books, and while PGI has given up on trying to match timelines as far as when variants appeared (the -10 doesn't appear until the Dark Age era) they're at least still avoiding variants which use equipment not actually in the game such as clan RACs, XXL engines, and HAGs. The Hero is the only PGI invented variant.

http://www.sarna.net...i/Warhammer_IIC

#140 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 October 2018 - 04:28 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 06 October 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

All the variants, except the hero, are straight from the TRO's and source books, and while PGI has given up on trying to match timelines as far as when variants appeared (the -10 doesn't appear until the Dark Age era) they're at least still avoiding variants which use equipment not actually in the game such as clan RACs, XXL engines, and HAGs. The Hero is the only PGI invented variant.

http://www.sarna.net...i/Warhammer_IIC

He was suggesting that PGI invent a few more variants for the sake of making the Whammy IIC packages much more attractive for purchase (particularly the very lackluster reinforcements).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users