Weekend Brawler Event

68 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:23 PM

Weekend Brawler Event
Complete Challenges to earn C-Bills, MC, and Premium Time!

#2 Mechwarrior8985372

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:27 PM

Wheres the part to get people into Solaris Queues for final days of season ?

#3 UPnADAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:29 PM

They have given up on s7 sadly. Also no sale?

#4 Mechwarrior8985372

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:30 PM

match score level 3 says accumulate 1000 match score same as match score lvl 2, lvl 3 should say 5000 ? From the looks of this event I dont think ill be incentivised to bother with this one.

Well you fixed that error pretty quick ? no 300 mc for letting you know ? :(

Edited by ReichKaiser, 11 October 2018 - 04:32 PM.

#5 Lithology

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:39 PM

Seems like this one might be designed to help out some casuals, which I certainly appreciate. And the Premium Time for the highest achievement levels is also appreciated!

#6 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:07 PM

Thanks PGI!

#7 JazzTheKami06

Rookie

• The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:19 PM

Can't wait to earn those "c-bils". Posted Image

#8 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:38 PM

Nice doable challenges overall!!!! Thank you!

#9 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:58 PM

Yay, 0 stress. Not sure why it took me 150 matches to get 500 match score last one after getting a head shot on my 5th match. Last night I broke 650-750 on 5 lights with 460+ match score. Weeeee.

#10 Mechwarrior8985372

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:03 PM

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6173134 what happened to getting a Solaris event for end of season to get people to get decent games by everyone actually playing the mode for 3 days.......

Edited by ReichKaiser, 11 October 2018 - 04:30 PM.

#11 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:16 PM

*sigh* -_-

Well, this just figures. No Pre-Announcement again, which really sucks. Worse, the size of the Rewards looks like someone's lashing back at a ton of people complaining during the Fall Harvest Event. Those 'Level 2' Items seem like they're lacking on the (MC) just one tiny notch, like they could be bumped to 100 each instead of just 50 in value. :(

However even with that said, I've only got one request, and that's to 'Add 4 Hours to the Event Timer' for the Weekend Brawler Event. The only reason I'm asking for it is to make up for the time that will be taken from MWO's Whole Community on the Patch Day coming this next week. No reason to wander off with 3 Hours of someone's time and not make up for it! :mellow:

~D. V. "That's just my mind's $0.02 regarding the Event design." Devnull

#12 SleepyKraken

• Pip
  • The Scarecrow
  • The Scarecrow
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:44 PM

Nice more c-bills! Hoping for a large mech sale on halloween.

#13 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:41 PM

I like this event. It's good that the Premium Time can be activated only when you want to use it.

Edited by Alan Hicks, 11 October 2018 - 06:41 PM.

#14 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:40 PM

Its pretty cool that you have these started for Friday night Prime time Australia. I know we are a small minority of the player base but little things like this, makes us happy. Thank you for the continued weekend missions.

#15 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:52 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 October 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

*sigh* -_-

Well, this just figures. No Pre-Announcement again, which really sucks. Worse, the size of the Rewards looks like someone's lashing back at a ton of people complaining during the Fall Harvest Event. Those 'Level 2' Items seem like they're lacking on the (MC) just one tiny notch, like they could be bumped to 100 each instead of just 50 in value. :(

However even with that said, I've only got one request, and that's to 'Add 4 Hours to the Event Timer' for the Weekend Brawler Event. The only reason I'm asking for it is to make up for the time that will be taken from MWO's Whole Community on the Patch Day coming this next week. No reason to wander off with 3 Hours of someone's time and not make up for it! :mellow:

Uhm, I've completed all but two in the first three an half hours.

#16 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:46 PM

Conditions so easy that they can be finished in about 3 hours... yet will still have chronic forum whiners...whining.

#17 CarloArmato

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts
  • LocationPavia - Italy

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:03 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like free stuff, but such event is called "weekend brawler" and still:
  • there is no "get X brawl bonuses"
  • there is no "get X damage/kills/KMDD with Y weapons" (with Y any brawl weapon of choice)
Why? You did make challenges for LRMs and ATMs (e.g.: missile and tag challenge combined), "why not brawlers?" is my question.

I would like to see more people for a real brawl fest to support each other instead of a "play as you always played with any build you like".

IMHO you missed an opportunity to tempt people back to brawlers, as well as to show some love to brawlers.

#18 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:32 PM

Theses are bunch of nice doable challenges even for a newbie like me. Nice prices also :)

#19 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:13 AM

I am quite happy to see a no-brainer event. Should be achievable without anybody going full mechtard.
Plenty of time to do this one, just wish there was some more bling in the rewards, would love to obtain more bolt-ons.

Edited by ZortPointNarf, 12 October 2018 - 02:28 AM.

#20 Robertson Taylor

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:15 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 October 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

*sigh* -_-

Man, its an event in a free to play game that despite being named “weekend something or other” goes for longer than a weekend, enjoy the surprise. Its an event in a free to play game, how can the prizes not being good enough? Its an event in a free to play game, is that 3 hours of patch time really going to hurt? What do they have to make up for there? These reviews come off a little more than entitled lately... to my ears anyway.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users