• 2,773 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:35 PM

https://www.twitch.tv/piranhagames

#2 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:38 PM

What a disappointment, just wow, completely nothing was said about what is coming for MWO if anything new is actually coming for MWO, We can hear Russ say smth like "we decided to put a lot of work into FP" and then Paul with that other guy sorry can't remember now, said few super vague things, smth like "we have big list of what we can and can't do" and that something will be added in december patch, Russ then said FP update will be out in april, that's it, no details, nothing was shown, thanks for all that "info".

Well thanks to this topic here and posts made by Paul, from before MechCon we know that we are apprently getting a new matchmaker for our so called "Faction Play" that's it mostly https://mwomercs.com...8/page__st__340

I can't get excited bc of matchmaker, oh yea and perhaps "lore" will be added to FP too heh, bc "lore" will fix how pointless Faction Play aka Faction Warfare aka Community Warfare is, how planets are all the same and dont matter, borders dont matter, wins dont matter losses dont matter, ranks dont matter, we don't even have factions really since we don't have faction leaders nor representatives. Shallow game mode without any consequences.

But hey new shiny mech pack yay ! and a gift/bribe in form of two free mechs + 1250MC + 7 days of premium and some cbills + loot bags, I dont really want to sound ungrateful but eh.

I didn't expect much, sure I would love to see something big announced for MWO during this MechCon like melee combat, engine swap for MWO, I expected to see something about FP updates, perhaps some FP updates that were not mentioned in that topic i linked earlier or at the very very least that we will perhaps get a new QP map ? but nope, nothing, no new content for MWO.

Edited by Kell Aset, 04 December 2018 - 11:35 AM.

#3 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:19 PM

Scrolled through the stream video, nothing of interest. MWO was never meant to be great for E-Sports but that is what it is used for now and that is what game mechanics seem to have been adopted to. Just a "fast paced fps shooter"... and dont die too fast (time to kill vs alphas vs DPS and bad players whining).
I justed wanted some information and hope for MWO. Other companies have shown, that a switch of the engine IS possible if they kept running into problems using the old one (we cant do that and that and...). All I hear are excuses, the old good developers are long gone from PGI. And listening to the community means bringing Solaris, another game mode, to split the now tiny playerbase EVEN MORE. And bolt ons, useless crap. 3d designers had to be payed to create em and time was spent and wasted on all that stuff mentioned above.
Give us a roadmap of UPCOMING features and maps an enhancements (I really mean enhancements, not just trying to BALANCE stuff again, which you cant do obviously).
And make FP great again!

Do you want to buy a mech pack? Posted Image

Edited by Gartenlaube, 01 December 2018 - 11:51 PM.

#4 TTV Hotokuken

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:39 PM

I hope PGI realises that it's player base is becoming self aware. When players keep dumping 70 bucks per mech pack out to keep your project afloat they expect something in return. To some its more MWO content, to others its MW5, and then there are those that want both.

For those of us in the tech field we see that PGI has no intension to keep things going long term with the current MWO environment. This F2P game and its player base have been used to finance the MW5 project. You have hit limitations in your code and can't do much more to push the engine it's based on, hence the things we can and cannot do comment from PGI staff. MW5 is the future of PGI. There are only two paths that they can really take.

1. Launch MW5 and eventually release a MP environment for it. Keeping MWO as it is until it's phased out.
2. Launch MW5 and "update" MWO by simply recreating it using the MW5 environment.

I'm betting the latter will be closer to reality. A 1 time purchase of 60 bucks for a game and it's subsequent dlc is not as profitable as a F2P game with premium content . Either way being honest and transparent is what the players want. Just be honest and tell them you can't make the changes they want to see to MWO at this time, and wether or not you plan to release the MW5 verson of MWO in the future.

Edited by Hotokuken, 02 December 2018 - 07:30 AM.

#5 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:36 PM

i agree with you. I realy hope PGI is doing something the playerbase realy want: new Maps, maybe new Weapons (HAG! and others), import the game to a better engine. I expect some anouncements that shows what is planed, not what is ready. Something that brings the game forward. Other games are shiny and precious and players all on the world switch away from that old Game called Mechwarrior Online which looks more and more obsolete. It hurts me too see empty queues. And it would hurt me if i see, as above written, if you put your energy in twinkling but useless Bolt Ons which no one buys because this stuff is far to expensive! Even if you put a special price sign on them. Make your Money with new mechs which are good, balanced and necesary to the game is my humble meaning. And put your developers on the game, not the decoration. Faction play needs so much attention from your side.

Thanks for reading

#6 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:16 AM

Well the positive things I take away from it:

PGI realised that Solaris7 is a "flash in the pan" and Faction Warfare is where the endgame content of MWO should be!
(Sol7 is a very nice side aspect and I'm glad it's here, but it is just one world of hundreds...)

Continously working on game balance also is a good thing, and also very demanding with the different tech levels.

Possible Rework of LRM implementation (direct/indirect fire) is something I think would be very usefull.
https://mwomercs.com...-the-same-time/

Further quality of life improvments would be awesome:
- Cockpit item finder / Option to sell/hide cockpit items that convolut the menue
- Option to assign painting patterns and colors for each map or environment set
- Option to silence immersion breaking warhorns in one's own client

Edited by Ryoken, 02 December 2018 - 07:04 AM.

#7 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:51 PM

Was nice to see the MWOWC commentators dressing up a bit since last year. Looks way more professional that way.

#8 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:29 PM

Nice to see the people who assume they're "the entire community" are @#$%posting the forums again.

Got some news for you, the ACTUAL community was at MechCon.

Edited by Arkhangel, 02 December 2018 - 11:55 PM.

#9 TTV Hotokuken

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 12:40 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 02 December 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

Nice to see the people who assume they're "the entire community" are @#$%posting the forums again.

I see, so according to you, the people that could afford to go or had the time to go are the actual community and everyone else, including Moadebe and The_B33F are not part of the community? You live in BC, it's much easier for a person like you to go then the rest of the world.

Did you go? If you didn't then you are a hypocrite, if you did then you should have been more pissed about the lack of content for the MWO community, or about the lack of clarity regarding the MWO road map for the next year.

#10 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:01 AM

If i have to spend thousands to be part of your community I don't want to be.

#11 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:28 AM

Yeah, so we see with all the empty seats....

#12 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:57 AM

Didn't see much worth going there... or watching the stream...

#13 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:01 AM

I was going to watch but I was too tired. And I could not be bothered to print the list of smart things I was going to type in here.

#14 Haazheel IIC

• PipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:46 AM

I watched nearly the whole stream. I would propose to rent a smaller hall for next time or to invite people for free to fill the empty chairs. I wish more frenetic cheering people next time during the finals.

#15 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:43 AM

Anywhere the final standings of the Championship? Who won? 2nd 3d Videos of the battles?? thx in advance

#16 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:31 AM

No new maps, nothing about FP, nothing about balancing ... nothing about MWO. Posted Image
We were allowed to watch Russ play MW5. Posted Image

My 2 Cents? You are trying to keep the money flowing without any effort. A new mech per month and new srap (aka Bolt Ons) needs what, 2, 3 or 4 workers? What is the rest doing? Working on MW5 i presume. A non multiplayer game, which i´m not interested in.
I have 250 mechs in my hangar, 3 more mech packs are coming plus 2 heroes as gift. I think i spend enough money. The last mechs will arrive in february. You are giving away so much ****, i got at least 10.000 MC through events this year, that´s enough to buy several heroes during a sale. And i have enough mechs to play the game without spending real money.

Russ banned me on Twitter half a year ago for posting a meme, congratulating him for ruining MWO. The truth hurts, doesn´t it? Who is he? Some lucky guy who was gifted with making MWO. Did he get tired? There are bugs in the game that are 5 years old. In FP the voice still says "artillery is on/off". When was artillery canceled from the game?
You put so much work in Solaris, was it worth it? How many people play Solaris, FP and QP? I really want to know. I got bored by Solaris after 2 days. It´s brawl on a way to small map.
Nevermind.
You won´t see my money if you don´t tell me where the ship is sailing. End of the story.

#17 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 10:13 AM

You're absolutely correct. I really think we're entering MWO's maintenence mode, and that it will officially die September 10th when MW5 Mercs goes live.

That garbage heap they call the Corsair is a travesty, and it saddens me that such a steaming pile is going to become canon in Battletech.

#18 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:13 PM

Edit:
**Removed**

because.....

Now that my initial disappointment has faded, perhaps about not seeing anything that relates to MWO.
I have re-watched and listened to day 1 and day 2 for both the initial presentation and the Q&A session and there is some interesting bits of information.

Edited by 50 50, 05 December 2018 - 04:04 AM.

#19 Gojira Goth I-HOP Mecrenary

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:34 PM

I'm just going to leave this here.Posted Image

#20 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:34 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 03 December 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

Russ banned me on Twitter half a year ago for posting a meme, congratulating him for ruining MWO. The truth hurts, doesn´t it? Who is he? Some lucky guy who was gifted with making MWO. Did he get tired? There are bugs in the game that are 5 years old. In FP the voice still says "artillery is on/off". When was artillery canceled from the game?
You put so much work in Solaris, was it worth it? How many people play Solaris, FP and QP? I really want to know. I got bored by Solaris after 2 days. It´s brawl on a way to small map.
Nevermind.
You won´t see my money if you don´t tell me where the ship is sailing. End of the story.

Wow, I got banned by Russ on Twitter, too, pointing out mistakes and bugs and by keeping asking about NEW content and fixing old stuff! And pointing out how bad Solaris is going and where are the showcase fights you could watch within the game and all the stuff?
Now I feel proud belonging to the bunch of banned people by Russ Posted Image He is unable to take criticism and I guess it hurts the most when it is true stuff.... Shutting down single persons won't help, Russ. The community just tried to help and if you guys WOULD REALLY listen, MWO could (have been?) be rescued...

#boycottpgi
#makeFPgreatAgain

Edited by Gartenlaube, 03 December 2018 - 11:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users