• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:51 PM

Guys guys.

It's happening!

Check out the podcast above about the 45 min mark (on the soundcloud version).

#62 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:15 PM

We are getting old forest, forest snow (Which I only got to play like once to twice, HYPED) and old frozen

#63 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:22 PM

Old Frozen City! <3 (As for reskins, Frozen Therma?Posted Image)

Edited by HGAK47, 17 December 2018 - 08:24 PM.

#64 The Image

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:52 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 17 December 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

Old Terra Therma, plz plz plz!
Agreed, old Tera Therma! And in the theme of reusing existing maps, make a new version of Tera Therma, keep the pug zapper/main crater exactly the same, but reskin the rest of the map to match either Caustic Valley or Tourmaline Desert.

How crazy would that be?

Also, another thought on remakes of Canyon Network, how difficult would it be to "invert" map? Essentially turn it inside out, where the high points become the valleys and the low points now become the top? I've always wondered how a map like that would be... Perhaps skin it with Forest Colony type stuff...

Another thought on using existing resources: Could any of the FP maps be utilized in Quick Play? Yeah, they're designed around attack-vs-defend, but surely some of them might be ok in quick play?

#65 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:54 PM

FP maps only in QP if it has assymetric game modes. Otherwise its a pointless walk-fest.

#66 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:43 AM

People need to remember WHY those maps were removed in the first place..

Because they were TOO SMALL for 12 vs. 12..

The fact they are bringing them back.. will be terrible.

#67 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:49 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 18 December 2018 - 03:43 AM, said:

I agree, that said, ADD THEM, ASAP!!!

This game is stale with an obvious lack of development, it need new content even if it's old. It will shake up the game a bit.

#68 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:53 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 18 December 2018 - 03:43 AM, said:

Old Forest was too small for 12 v 12 for sure. Frozen city ends up fighting in the exact same place on the new map, just with 35% less walking. Terra therma was actually a really, really good map IF YOU STAY OUT OF THE MIDDLE. It was possible with a group on coms. I was an advocate for years that the middle should raise your heat to 99% so it could only effectively be used as a shortcut and this would change gameplay and opinions about the map in a hurry.

But the reality of old terra therma was the irresistible pull of the warm glowing middle. Straight into the pug zapper every damn time.

#69 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:46 AM

My goodness!

I didn’t think that classic Forest Colony and Frozen City were bad 12v12 maps, but you’re going from zero to brawl in seconds flat, bet that.

I’d like to see old Terra Therma running in tandem with new Terra Therma, just to revisit the original PUG zapper, and I’d also like to see Frozen City Night again. And lose map voting!

Edited by Chados, 18 December 2018 - 10:51 AM.

#70 A Really Old Clan Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:26 PM

After listening to the podcast my first impressions where:
They are winding back MWO as piranha has been doing it all themselves and the talk was on that we should really happy we have had 3 events just on battletech, bythe middle of the podcast it turned about what might be done for next year

I dont understand why they dont have a Solaris champions ship also at the event since it is a perfect tournament or esports type setup. (try stock mode solaris or choice of 15 pre-configured mechs, only for anyone who attends onsite event and signs up on the day, pure knockout, $10 sign up fee, no second chances, winner takes all, this could drag another 200-300 to come to the event).

Map: Bringing back the old maps, great if they players like them they will get used. Let the players make that choice during map selection.

Re-skin canyon network: Fantastic, creating a bog/ice/flooded map features with different heat scale is great and leverages all the IP put into the map design but giving a new experience.
Re-Skin other maps: Dont stop with canyon, look at all of them. A forest tera therma, a flooded/normal city scape for frozen, even alpine could have so much done to it with just a fresh skin.
I cant wait for these.

#71 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:53 PM

I'm ecstatic that they're putting old Frozen City and Forest Colony back in! I'd like to see old Terra and Caustic as well but this is still great news nonetheless for those of us that miss those maps. Can't wait for the March patch to play them again. Posted Image Posted Image

#72 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:43 AM

View Postocular tb, on 18 December 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

I'm ecstatic that they're putting old Frozen City and Forest Colony back in! I'd like to see old Terra and Caustic as well but this is still great news nonetheless for those of us that miss those maps. Can't wait for the March patch to play them again. Posted Image Posted Image

Old Terra is okayish even though PUGs played it poorly, but old Caustic was so rubbish that even though it's the map that improved the most with the redesign it still currently sucks. Similar things can be said of Old River City.

#73 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:49 AM

Old Terra Therma should have been left in play but tweaked. It wasn't that bad of a map, just the middle was.

I'd love to see a jungle reskin of Alpine, or the forest colony treatment. Large, open areas with trees for cover would help that map.
Snow-Tourmaline would play well also.

I'd love to see the assets in FP maps used in QP maps to make unique combos. I'd even love to see FP maps used in QP, or parts of them anyway. I still can't believe they can't seem to make different respawn points or different objective locations on each instance of loading the match. Knowing where everyone spawns takes away the mystery and purpose of scouting.

#74 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 04:47 PM

Old Terra was quite good in Conquest and, unlike New Terra, still offers decent flanking options if only for fast-movers.

#75 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:29 PM

When the solution to lack of new content is old content, that seems like a really bad sign.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users