game is maxed out, never get anything nice then 60 fps thats all she has,

#42 Blowfeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 322 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:55 AM

Why are all the people here running 1k power supplies? Am I missing something?

I run an overclocked and watercooled 1080GTX, an overclocked 6700K, 16 GB or DDR4 Ram, 2 SSDs and 2 HDDs, a soundcard, several fans, some USB devices, etc.

I do not even come close to challenge my 750W PSU.

Edited by Blowfeld, 02 January 2019 - 04:58 AM.

#43 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:13 AM

View PostBlowfeld, on 02 January 2019 - 04:55 AM, said:

Why are all the people here running 1k power supplies? Am I missing something?

I run an overclocked and watercooled 1080GTX, an overclocked 6700K, 16 GB or DDR4 Ram, 2 SSDs and 2 HDDs, a soundcard, several fans, some USB devices, etc.

I do not even come close to challenge my 750W PSU.

You're not missing anything, 1000W PSU's are overkill for such systems.

#44 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:57 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 31 December 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

My buddy's new rig has a CPU of 8 cores and 16 threads. He still dips below 40 fps in MWO. That's how unoptimized this game is.

Here I am with with 6 cores and ~130FPS avg @ 1440p on most maps.

Pointless statements are pointless.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 02 January 2019 - 05:57 AM.

#45 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:44 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 02 January 2019 - 05:57 AM, said:

Here I am with with 6 cores and ~130FPS avg @ 1440p on most maps.

Pointless statements are pointless.

You are delusional if you don't think this 6 year old MWO is an unoptimized piece of game. And I will bet a mech pack that the majority of the players struggle to reach constant 60 fps in combat, let alone 130 fps. Heh.

Edited by El Bandito, 02 January 2019 - 06:49 AM.

#46 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:49 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 02 January 2019 - 06:44 AM, said:

You are delusional if you don't think MWO is an unoptimized piece of game. And I will bet a mech pack that the majority of the players struggle to reach constant 60 fps in combat, let alone 130 fps. Heh.

And what does that have to do with what you said initially I wonder...

Nothing.

#47 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:02 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 02 January 2019 - 06:44 AM, said:

You are delusional if you don't think this 6 year old MWO is an unoptimized piece of game. And I will bet a mech pack that the majority of the players struggle to reach constant 60 fps in combat, let alone 130 fps. Heh.

Is cryengine notorious for being a CPU hog? Yes. No one is denying that MWO uses a ton of resources to run well. Can the game be brute forced to run at high fps? Also Yes, by running overclocked Intel processors. This has been known since 2012, that MWO craves high clock speeds, and strong per core performance. If people don't put their computers together properly to prepare for this, it's their fault (or a budgeting fault, but even a cheap i3 plays MWO far better than all pre-ryzen AMDs)

Despite all this known advice, the OP is probably still going to buy AMD parts, then wonder in a week or so why his fps still sucks.

Edited by Vxheous, 02 January 2019 - 07:07 AM.

#48 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:11 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 02 January 2019 - 06:49 AM, said:

And what does that have to do with what you said initially I wonder...

Nothing.

Pfft, if you haven't gotten the point by now, then its useless to say anything to you.

#49 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:17 AM

View PostVxheous, on 02 January 2019 - 07:02 AM, said:

Is cryengine notorious for being a CPU hog? Yes. No one is denying that MWO uses a ton of resources to run well. Can the game be brute forced to run at high fps? Also Yes, by running overclocked Intel processors. This has been known since 2012, that MWO craves high clock speeds, and strong per core performance. If people don't put their computers together properly to prepare for this, it's their fault (or a budgeting fault, but even a cheap i3 plays MWO far better than all pre-ryzen AMDs)

Despite all this known advice, the OP is probably still going to buy AMD parts, then wonder in a week or so why his fps still sucks.

I wouldn't say it is purely the player's fault when PGI made a game that requires such additional tweaking. A lot of players simply can't be bothered with overclocking their CPUs (or don't want to), and many occasions overclocking will require additional cooling, which means more money. Instead, many players will simply switch to different, more modern games that actually supports multi-threading. It is PGI's loss, not the player's.

Edited by El Bandito, 02 January 2019 - 07:18 AM.

#50 The Lighthouse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:29 AM

He is upgrading from FX-6300. Pretty much any upgrade is a decent upgrade for him. Initially I said he would see 20~30% CPU performance increase if he grabs Ryzen 2200G, but I looked numbers again and it seems it is more like 50%.

I mean his graphic card is also a big problem. It's most likely R7 240 which is truly weaksauce compared to 2200G's graphic core. It's general upgrade and he will experience massive performance boost.

However, it seems he does have money to consider Vega 64. Then he really should wait. AdoredTV has incredible predictions these days, and if these leaks are true, R5 3600X with semi-decent card like RX 590 or upcoming RX 3070 would set him well.

I also would recommend Intel and Nvidia graphics card, but right now the prices are downright too insane. Even 8400 is reaching 220 dollars. Most people just don't use their computer for gaming only, and Intel's deal is way too terrible to recommend.

OP chooses the literally the worst time to upgrade, but it can be the best time if he can wait for about 7 days more.

Edited by The Lighthouse, 02 January 2019 - 08:30 AM.

#51 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:32 AM

No one in his right mind would buy AMD, or even Intel until CES is over.

CES is next week, new AMD parts rumored, very interesting parts actually.

#52 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:38 AM

Haven't read all of the thread just wanted to add 2 thing.

The ryzen is almost the weakest of the lineup, that said, for under 100 bucks it's also the best value currently, it's not the best AMD has to offer but it's a really good CPU.

Instead of the A320 chipset Motherboard, i would suggest the newer B450 board, it's almost as cheap as the predecessor and it's from the same manufaturer.

https://pcpartpicker.../vs2rxr,LLYLrH/

Oh, and a third opinion, 350W psu is kinda pushing it, barebone board+cpu+2 RAM+2 HDD are @ 104ish Watt
add a bit for peripherals and you're left with 230ish Watt for your GPU, which might not be enough for some cards (especially if the Power Supply Unit is a bit older).

Edited by Kunato Developments, 02 January 2019 - 08:46 AM.

#53 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:56 AM

At this point, I realized OP has not posted his budget.

....So Grus, how much are you willing to spend?

#54 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:17 AM

My anecdotal experience says this game is mostly CPU bound. Was running a i7 3770- getting 50ish fps... upgraded to a i5 9600- 120-150 fps same video card for both -1070ti.

Also I would go minimum of at least 500 watts for your PSU, take care of now and the future.

Edited by Papaspud, 02 January 2019 - 09:19 AM.

#55 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:42 AM

View PostGrus, on 31 December 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

So IDK what happened in the last update but ive have a significant FPS drop from 30-40 to 10- 25. So im shoping for some upgrades like...

https://m.newegg.com...888&comboType=2

Any input and or suggestions welcome.

(Keep in mind i really cant spend a lot.)
((Also, was able to get a 8gig vid card for 200 and will install on new rig))

Well, first I have a question was it 30 to 40 fps on like canyon network and then next match 10 to 20 on Solaris City? Because Solaris City has that issue which yeah buying a new GPU can help but ultimately you will always see the difference from just about all other maps to solaris map.

Now as for a complete system rebuild the AMD Ryzen 3 and Motherboard is a great base for the game. But if you plan to do any streaming as well then you may want to go up to an AMD Ryzen 5.

As for GPU here is a decent one: https://www.newegg.c...N82E16814137291

Yeah I know it isn't Nvidia but AMD is a good choice for bang for your buck when it comes to builds.

#56 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:37 AM

Not really.

The research ive done showes that even though i have a AMD video card that dosnt lock me into a AMD processor. I just havent had a intell in forever so im kinda lost on what cpu to get for intel.

#57 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:44 AM

Granted ill need to change my mother board but still..

#58 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:00 PM

View PostGrus, on 02 January 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

Granted ill need to change my mother board but still..

A lot of people can help you if you can tell us the budget you have in mind. Also, better wait til CES AMD Keynote as Peter2k and I.

#59 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:09 PM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 02 January 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

A lot of people can help you if you can tell us the budget you have in mind. Also, better wait til CES AMD Keynote as Peter2k and I.

So theres a speach happening next week?

#60 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:21 PM

thermalTak 1000w gold.... youll never buy another power supply EVER....
water cooled cpu,

This game plays better on a ssd... Well everything does but thats another story..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users