240 replies to this topic

#181 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:59 AM

View PostMajor Lag, on 25 March 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

Are the "grand prizes" sellable or do they just fill up your inventory?

Depends on how long you've been playing the game. I've spent much of the past week doing group drops with two returning players (originally from Beta era) who lack for many mechs, and one brand new player. They're all trying to get a free mech OR at least as many loot bags as they can. Myself I already got the mech and camo pattern on this account and I'm currently more than half done working on my other account. I took the kodiak-3 even though I already have five of them. I just have a huge pile of historical XP on that kodiak variant so I can keep taking that as the prize for a couple more events and never have to grind out different builds. Currently I have UAC5/10 build, a quad LB10, quad LB5, quad AC2 twin PPC, and a UAC10/LB10 build. The "mountain line" camo unlock I took for a clan chassis i don't own as it'll make it easier to do ALL black on it.

Edited by Dee Eight, 26 March 2019 - 03:00 AM.

#182 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:27 AM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 25 March 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

You can sell them. Kodiak goes for almost 8 mil.

This, already had them all so opted for one I could sell for most money.

#183 Flashdance

• PipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 04:31 AM

I tried reading through the pages and if someone has asked and answered already I apologize. If we got the Marauder II via the MW5 preorder, don't we get loot bags for it? I'm showing the package is redeemed, but no loot bags.

#184 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 04:37 AM

View PostFlashdance, on 26 March 2019 - 04:31 AM, said:

I tried reading through the pages and if someone has asked and answered already I apologize. If we got the Marauder II via the MW5 preorder, don't we get loot bags for it? I'm showing the package is redeemed, but no loot bags.

bonus bags appear at the bottom of the event page

https://mwomercs.com...s?t=201903lucky

#185 Flashdance

• PipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 04:43 AM

Thanks for the quick reply.....yeah...I haven't gotten credit for them...i'm getting the damage ones Posted Image

#186 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:27 AM

you probably did not redeem the Marauder codes from mw5mercs. There are by now 4 codes to redeem, including the marauder 2 pack. You can check your preorder status https://mwomercs.com/profile/preorders

#187 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:03 AM

View PostChurzy, on 24 March 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

-"He's nearly dead, shoot it!"
-"But I don't want the kill, I want the assist!"
-"Me too!"
-"Same here!"

And thus, the lone 8% Urbie proceeded to kill all of their enemies.

Next day after that post:

Posted Image

Can You please tell me lottery numbers for the next week?

Edited by ExoForce, 26 March 2019 - 09:07 AM.

#188 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:20 AM

This is what you get if you say "Hold G7 !" during the event:

Posted Image

#189 SVTmk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:04 AM

In the future please set event tasks to "Accumulate/Earn XX Kills or Kill Assists" instead of "Accumulate/Earn XX Kill Assists"!
Because this is sooooo stupid situation when players trying to damage enemies only without killing to get assists, but not kills.

Edited by SVTmk, 26 March 2019 - 11:07 AM.

#190 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:33 AM

This is the worse Loot Bag event ever!!!Posted Image

#191 Major Lag

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:54 AM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 25 March 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

You can sell them. Kodiak goes for almost 8 mil.

Thank you. That's what I wanted to know. :)

#192 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:03 PM

Finally have this crazy event done. Started doing the event on phase 2. Not surprising the kills assist is the hardest part.

Here are my stats in completion of the event.
Damage:79,317
Matches: 134
Kill Assists: 756

Last few kill assist were painfully slow. I was getting 1 to 2 kill assist per game due to my team getting stomped.

My advice is if your team is tied or losing. Just focus on killing the enemy mechs instead of crippling them to let them live because you will probably get more kill assists while the team is winning. Maybe try coring out the enemy CT cherry red and let another teammate finish it off with 1 touch.

#193 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:52 PM

Enjoyed the event, grindy or not. Wish there were a few smaller mission to complete. Like leg someone 10 times or something random like that.

#194 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:51 PM

View PostGamerPro4000, on 26 March 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

Finally have this crazy event done. Started doing the event on phase 2. Not surprising the kills assist is the hardest part.

Here are my stats in completion of the event.
Damage:79,317
Matches: 134
Kill Assists: 756

Last few kill assist were painfully slow. I was getting 1 to 2 kill assist per game due to my team getting stomped.

My advice is if your team is tied or losing. Just focus on killing the enemy mechs instead of crippling them to let them live because you will probably get more kill assists while the team is winning. Maybe try coring out the enemy CT cherry red and let another teammate finish it off with 1 touch.

That (the coring) is what I was doing for a while with my 'Deathray' Linebacker. I make something cherry red with my alphastrike (or just kill it), then move on. I realized quickly that the more mechs I core, the more easily the whole team can win.

I'm close to finishing myself. Even if I don't get all of the assists, I know that the 25 loot bags from Phase 3 will make up the difference, so I'll just miss out on the Mountain Line pattern at most.

Can't play every night after all.
(Proceeds to play every night.)

Edited by renzor51, 26 March 2019 - 05:51 PM.

#195 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:28 PM

(Later)

I hit my 175 loot bags and got my free mech. I did it in 54,216 damage, 144 matches, and 358 Kill Assists.

Funny thing was, I realized that the numbers comprising the 175 loot bags I needed between the three phases were weird and didn't add up. I can still get another 50 loot bags from kill assists and phase three match score (and I will ... come on, more warhorns!), so how the hell did I get 175? I thought it was a glitch, then I realized that it was my Marauder II pack. Those extra 25 loot bags you get from having one of the new mech packs (I bought the MW5 preorder with the Marauder II pack) count toward the free mech. That makes things easier.

Looking forward to skilling up my Orion IIC-A(C). :)

#196 Fae Puka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:53 AM

Ordinarily I complete these events on at least three accounts, once competative, one high end CW and one fun account; however, this time around pretty much given up the ghost. Not seeing friends online for more than a quick helloe and comment about shifting to other games, matches I do play in inevitably end up with hard nascar and/or no team work, so fast losses or wins with no quality or enjoyment.

Thank you PGI for killing MWO in favour of Solaris and MW5, thank you for the never ending procession of balances that just cause faster and harder swings in play, thank you for ingoring all of the suggestions (and remember Paul actively asked for suggestions) that would have turned MWO away from its ongoing decline.

This event, looking to the casual player, is probably the worst I've seen to date with the ludicrous high targets (yes they are achievable, but really, you need to have a life away from the screen) and from first appearances, have done little to encourage participation.

#197 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 12:00 PM

View PostMummyPig, on 27 March 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

Thank you PGI for killing MWO in favour of Solaris and MW5, thank you for the never ending procession of balances that just cause faster and harder swings in play, thank you for ingoring all of the suggestions (and remember Paul actively asked for suggestions) that would have turned MWO away from its ongoing decline.

Rejoice instead, for killing this abomination will make multiplayer MW5 like dream come true!

#198 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 12:02 PM

View PostApollo777, on 26 March 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

This is the worse Loot Bag event ever!!!Posted Image

Why ? Your inability to play well enough to earn loot bags is not PGI's, or anyone elses fault or problem.

#199 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 27 March 2019 - 12:34 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 27 March 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

Why ? Your inability to play well enough to earn loot bags is not PGI's, or anyone elses fault or problem.

I'm not the only one who said that and I got enough loot bag.
You just keep showing off yourself but I have seen you in the game , you're not that good either, you just have more time to play white knight!Posted Image

BTW who cares to be better player or not, this is just a video game and I play for fun, I'll be very happy and proud if i achieve something in real life!

Edited by Apollo777, 27 March 2019 - 01:15 PM.

#200 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:34 PM

View PostApollo777, on 27 March 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

I'm not the only one who said that and I got enough loot bag.
You just keep showing off yourself but I have seen you in the game , you're not that good either, you just have more time to

The evaluation of a consistently bad player means little. I've a friend, brand new to the game, who hasn't complained with getting loot bags. You've led tooo comfortable an existence here with PGI just giving you stuff for no meaningful effort in the past. Well suck it up buttercup, this time around you have to actually work for the bags.

Edited by Dee Eight, 27 March 2019 - 01:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users