#101 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:09 PM

View PostGrus, on 08 April 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

WTF is a CLAG, why does it need a nerf, and why am I and Chris confused about what it is?

Never heard that one either but apparently it means this.

https://www.reddit.c..._its_etymology/

Edited by tollas669, 08 April 2019 - 09:16 PM.

#102 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:19 PM

yeah can't switch faction, after chossing one, is that a new thing ? or something broke ?

#103 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:03 PM

what is this ? the HUD_AWARD
Posted Image

#104 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:04 PM

Woke up. Reading how another meaningless PTS is not even working drinking my morning coffee. Like seriously you break basic function as group dropping?

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 08 April 2019 - 10:07 PM.

#105 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:24 PM

My opinion on merging scouting phases to 12v12 phases:

If i log in and see that faction play is on scouting for more than an hour or two during my limited game time id get pretty salty.

#106 Oor Wullie

• PipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:38 PM

6 hours of scouting? No thanks. I don't mind doing a few drops of it but just scouting for 6 hours, nah man that just wrong.

#107 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:50 PM

Now that there are so many Marik loyalist I expect to see you all on the discord and ts server.

View PostNr1Noob, on 08 April 2019 - 10:38 PM, said:

6 hours of scouting? No thanks. I don't mind doing a few drops of it but just scouting for 6 hours, nah man that just wrong.

I personally like scouting and would do it for 6 hours but Paul still doesn't understand "loyalist" i will not be fighting under some other flag.

#108 ZimVader

Rookie

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:03 PM

why not restrict CW to tier3+ so tier5 pilots aren't there, and remove trial mechs from CW/invasion.
i will tolerate being forced to play a scouting match before i can play 12v12 but more than 1x scouting can get stuffed.
thankyou PGI for trying, please KEEP trying because the PTS conditions are not win.

#109 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:11 PM

the war log is working.
the matchmaker SEEMed to be filtering potatoes (in 4v4) but the beeping is literally torture.
it's nice to fight IS vs IS for a change.
the beeping is torture and the crying from everyone in teamspeak crying about the torture of the beeping is torture.
six hours is too long to wait for an alternative... imagine six hours of the ****** beeping...!!!

...impossible to know anything beyond 4v4 because there have been max 17x players searching at a time for the past hour. so after enduring more scouting in the previous couple of hours than i have ever chosen to do ever since scouting has existed i am now lingering listening to the mind numbing life support beep beep ******* beep of MWO... may i just say i appreciate all the effort that PGI is apparently doing but i am not buying mech packs so you can force me to scout, and whilst i am happy to play test stuff i am not waiting an hour for a ten minute game, no matter how insane the beeping drives me.

Edited by BROARL, 08 April 2019 - 11:45 PM.

#110 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:36 PM

I dont like the Solaris style timer being put on faction play when you hit "fight now".

Worse is the continuing trend of Locking out the remaining UI so that you cant do anything else while queueing.
Please learn to use windowed elements better.
It sucks that most of the waiting time in faction play you cant have access to modify your drop decks. Eventually you get a game. and either wait 10 min for nothing OR 1 minute scramble to edit a deck into place appropriate for the map.... Oh and then after you save the deck you THEN need to press <Select> or all your effort is for naught... oh and if its in the last 10 sec. it might not stick anyway.

The whole time ive been writing this there has been a 10 second timer on a loop on my screen. A vague indicator of total number of players in the queue, But only on the greyed out layer below can you see that its actually 9/7 and the war log, but you cant access that information as the screen is locked unless you Quit from the queue.
And if you are leader in a group, then you cant even see that because you launched from the group screen that is now locked in front of it all.

I will continue to add feedback IF i am able to get into a game

#111 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:44 PM

played 1 scout match won 20min wait, second scout match crashed and I never got it play it 15min wait.
Third match never happened cause I wait 30mins and since I live in Australia, all the mericans are asleep, better luck next time.
I dont think the rewards are worth my time.

Edited: was hoping for a happy post for my 1000 post oh well.

Edited by BrunoSSace, 08 April 2019 - 11:46 PM.

#112 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:50 PM

trying to understand the Queue, on the count down clock, shows 7 other competitors, I am guessing that's the other side, since the faction I'm in reads 2

but

on the conflict panel, it shows 6 enemy

#113 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:51 PM

6 hours of only Scouting...?!!!

I applaud the effort to make FP more story-driven.

But restricting one phase to Scouting, a very limited mode, isn't going to keep us playing, sorry.

Edited by Appogee, 08 April 2019 - 11:53 PM.

#114 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:58 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 08 April 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

Elo and Tiers will have to be addressed at a later time. Right now we'd rather see:

Team 1: 12 man
Team 2: 10 man, Elo 3750 player, Elo 3750 player.

Rather than:
Team 1: 12 man
Team 2: 20 man, Elo 900 player, Elo 150 player.

Stop playing with symptoms and address the Root Cause of the problem.

PSR =\= skill level. XP bar is bad.

Until you reset and address that, every other related system you play with is still going to seem broken even if they work properly.

Garbage in = Garbage out.

Edit: also you seem to mention PSR and Elo interchangeably? are they really? or are they totally different systems.
Just please please don't seed any new system using rankings derived from the current broken system. Start a Fresh.

Edited by Kamikaze Viking, 09 April 2019 - 12:00 AM.

#115 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:00 AM

OOoooh, late now, been in Queue a long long time, out of scouting, an now the phase is Assault, I won't be around for Phase 3, I'll be sleeping, then when I do get back online, it'll be back on Phase one ,. . Scouting .. that's just not going to work, at least for me, always being stuck doing Scouting if i want to do faction, eeewwweee

#116 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:01 AM

View PostAppogee, on 08 April 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

6 hours of only Scouting...?!!!

I applaud the effort to make FP more story-driven.

But restricting one phase to Scouting, a very limited mode, isn't going to keep us playing, sorry.

Forcing me to play scouting mode just sucks in general. I want to play invasion. (although adding in a match of scouting here and there within a story event chain would be ok. But not 6 hours of only that mode)

Story elements in restricted time brackets? havent we been here before?
Why not event driven? Set a target and once that targets is achieved then move on to the next phase. That way different things might be happening in the story if you play the game at the same limited each day.

Edited by Kamikaze Viking, 09 April 2019 - 12:06 AM.

#117 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:06 AM

This timer is beyond annoying. Also after every countdown it makes MWO icon blip like if there is a game starting.

#118 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:07 AM

okay, guess testing is done for the night, been in queue for almost an hour, missed that one match, by a few seconds, and no one has queued up since

#119 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:30 AM

After reading this topic thus far, and still not having the opportunity to try the PTS myself, I have the following ideas:

1) Allow desertion, so that a player could switch sides during the event. Make it so they lose 30% cbill payout from the next 5 faction play matches.

2) If the first phase is usually scouting, I suggest introducing a 4vs4 mode with heavy and assault mechs. Not everybody likes to play scouting.. and forcing players to do so would make them skip playing faction play altogether.

Also.. a question.. If side A wins scouting, does it have the scouting benefits until the end of the event? That would be massively OP.. As having radar jamming and radar sweep can massively shift success.. side B must have the ability to flip or negate these benefits in the later stages of the conflict..

Edited by Vellron2005, 09 April 2019 - 12:31 AM.

#120 Thiak

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:47 AM

it would be interesting to know if the 6h scouting/12v12 mode is forced globally or per planet.

because if it is global it is seriously broken

i dont like having the 12v12 on a certain mode...
so are we back to 2016 where you could chose which mode to play and which you dont want to?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users