Patch Notes - 1.4.199.0 - 16-Apr-2019

166 replies to this topic

#41 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:04 AM

Yah "new" map and it looks good. Will be interesting to see where the pathes will be blocked and what new roads will open.
Also I like the mix of snow and vulcanic areas and cracks. Nicely done. Hope you keep new maps comming.

#42 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:25 AM

View PostTelemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, on 11 April 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

Sooooo, new renamed/retextured Canyon Network, New Mech, and some spreadsheet value changes for quirks and missiles. Cool.

How is this a month's worth of work lol? 3 people working on MWO and all the rest on MW5?

Thanks for the new map I guess.

Map probably took a lot of resources from 1 person but rest of the patch... 1 person could do those in one day IMHO.
So I would say 3 people working on MWO is greatly exaggerated.

#43 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:28 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 11 April 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

Clarification needed.

Did you fixed the regular KDK-3 to have the KDK-3(C) pitch angle stats?

Or did you messed up KDK-3(C) to be utter garbage like the KDK-3?

Given PGI track record, I think everyone should know the answer.

Well did they make all kodiak variants useless trash when they only had to nerf KDK-3?
I think you know the answer...

#44 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:30 AM

It is almost a year since last new map was released for MWO(Solaris City), it is getting really BORING, playing on all those way too familiar now maps all the time, yet instead of a new map(s) we get this reskin with some extra pieces, meh. Not sure how much different the layout really is compared to the original canyon network, I assume not really much different, well it is difficult to say just after watching that teaser, we will see soon enough I guess. Not excited at all, please no more reskins/remakes, give us new maps or maybe map maker tools already.

Edited by Kell Aset, 14 April 2019 - 12:46 PM.

#45 byter75

• PipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:00 AM

View PostSoulRcannon, on 11 April 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

Nice set of changes, the direction of those changes is appreciated.

Having said that, will SRM/MRM health continue to be monitored and adjusted? Can we see what SRM/MRM health was prior to the March patch? I'd love to see the 3 figures next to each other. You know, for the sake of transparency Posted Image

Before March all missile health was 1 (narc was 2).

So for example back in March when PGI claimed:
  • Smaller volleys will be tuned with more base health to allow for more missiles from smaller launchers to reach their targets.
This was only really true for atm 3-9 launchers.
Missile health for smaller launchers like the lrm5 remained exactly the same, whilst srms/streaks and mrms took at least 30-50% hit to their hp, even for the smallest launchers.

Basically they hurt most missile play in the name of improving smaller launchers. This patch is pulling back slighly on all the missile nerfs. Your srm2's will be back to their previously (mostly) useless state (except ams range is 15% greater) whilst your srm6's and streak6's are still missiing 40% of their missile health.

#46 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:51 AM

• During the 25 match Cadets phase for a new player, their ability to use in-game VoIP will be restricted.

OK, this is just STUPID! Why for crying out loud???? This is the time when new players need the help the most and should be talking to the old pros in VOIP for tips and advice.

C'mon...do you guys even play the game?

#47 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:05 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 12 April 2019 - 02:51 AM, said:

OK, this is just STUPID! Why for crying out loud???? This is the time when new players need the help the most and should be talking to the old pros in VOIP for tips and advice.

C'mon...do you guys even play the game?

I get the sentiment, but lets think it through. Any advice you get from an old pro in Tier 5 games .... probably isnt advice you want as a new player lol.

#48 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:04 AM

Ah come on... no high value armor quirks for RT and CT across all Corsairs? That is the only thing they need to make them good mechs. They are still way too easy to kill due to them effectively only really having an ST and RT.

Awesome work on the map though... beautiful as always. Question is... will it be stupid like Canyon or will this map be awesome to play on.

Edited by Acersecomic, 12 April 2019 - 04:09 AM.

#49 Nekkriss

• Pip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:04 AM

I'm on the fence about the VOIP thing. I can understand the need to block the trolls, it can ruin the experience of the new players. I can also understand the need for it to be open, again closing it off may ruin the experience of new players.

Personally if someone is a troll/annoying on VOIP I just block them, takes only a second to block them so I personally don't have a need of this (and a determined troll will just play the 25 games to get access).

#50 Rockcrusher

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:06 AM

Well, PGI gave us a missile rework nobody has asked for. Now they realize that they overdid the nerfs. What a surprise ...

Am I the only one who wants the old missile behavior and missile stats back?

#buffthemissiles

#51 Punkarelli

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:32 AM

Gag players and put a giant 'SHOOT THE NOOB' sign over their heads = Cadet experience improvement!

#52 Mechi Messer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:47 AM

Why the lrm-healthincrease? Why?? In Factionplay c-LRM and ATM combined with narc are killing the last ounce of fun as it is. AMS does next to nothing against that at the moment. Now you weaken a already weak counter? I don't get it.

#53 Warschnuffel

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 62 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMünster

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:56 AM

My 2 Cents:

LRMs in a coordinated team are just op right now despite AMS. Single LRMs in PUG are to weak because AMS. Thats weird, but thats how i experienced it.

AMS is way stronger now against MRMs, ATMs and SRMs – that impact is maybe a bit too heavy, but dunno atm.

I am curious how the meta will work out the next month. But i would propose to nerf/buff the LRMs and ATM,SMR,MRM separately. :)

#54 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:01 AM

View PostTelemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, on 11 April 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

Sooooo, new renamed/retextured Canyon Network, New Mech, and some spreadsheet value changes for quirks and missiles. Cool.

How is this a month's worth of work lol? 3 people working on MWO and all the rest on MW5?

Thanks for the new map I guess.

That's about it, 3 people... and they also had to get a pts for faction changes coded up... which is why the live server patch is so sparse and the pts was so buggy.

#55 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:20 AM

Isn't canyon the most played map already? We really needed a snow version of it out of all available options for new maps? Really now?
I'm all for new maps, but this is probably the least needed map ever.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 April 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

Solaris Season 4 Rewards:
To qualify for the prizes, players must have played a minimum of 25 matches in the given Solaris 7 Divisions. Note that these rewards do STACK if you participated in multiple Divisions.

Okay, this is a bit demanding i admit.
Still, top 100 gets like 45 cent worth of MC. Top 3 "only" gets 1000 MC, that's not even enough for the cheapest hero, nor a camo unlock.
Yes, i am aware that rewards stack. I still think that the rewards are underwelming. Especially considering how much MC prices flying around in the various events (perma events).

Isn't solaris the front header for the current game?

Edited by Kunato Developments, 12 April 2019 - 05:24 AM.

#56 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:44 AM

Good effort with the "clone" map, i honestly wasn't expecting much above a simple retexture. But it looks great, good job.

Will you consider making an Alpine Forest? With some trees to populate bald hills. Think of the Emerald Taiga.

Or Toxic Bog, with all the vegetation dead or dying, for some more visual clarity ? Throw around some space ship wrecks, and we'll blame it on the fallout.

Maybe HPG Manifold inside a proper atmosphere?

Forest Colony as a Desert Colony, without the green mess, with huge trees replaced by big stones.

Caustic Valley as a Tropical Volcano, with some lava flows to break rotation?

Terra Therma as a Mountain Ridge, with less hellish textures.

Or for more extreme, Tourmaline Desert as an Ocean Shore, you'll just need to level the deepest grounds, and pour some water onto the whole map. Something to feel like this:
Spoiler

#57 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:57 AM

Nice patch, my main issue with it is still this:

View PostMajor Malfunktion, on 11 April 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

So the nonsensical business of the same missiles having different HP depending on which launcher they are fed to continues.

Remember the days when MWO called oneself a simulation?
Please do things that have some sense!

Maybe big launcher ARE better against AMS and the small ones should compensate for it in other ways?

Concerning the cadet thing, I read is as an anti troll-smurf measure.
No idea what’s going on in tier 5, maybe it has some necessity.

#58 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:00 AM

Posted Image

I don't know if the devs know this... but you can mute unwanted chatter.

If you were after a real fix, you would introduce a feature that prevents Cadets from doing team kills.

#59 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:34 AM

There is one really good addition here that I can see other than the map. That is new players will have the title Cadet, so we can ID who may need help in the game as these players may need a helping guiding hand.

#60 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:43 AM

View Postblackcatf, on 11 April 2019 - 06:10 PM, said:

And here we see opposite ends of the the spectrum. I've not been Tier 5 for a while, and so don't know if there are really so many problems with trolls, but I have a couple of buddies who I'm trying to talk into trying out MWO and it's going to be a bummer if we drop and can't talk.
It only affects in-game VOIP, so you can still talk over Discord.

That's a JumpShip, isn't it? If it's a DropShip, what class is it?
Looks like a Leopard to me. Too small for a JumpShip.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users