Can We Buff Idf Locking?

171 replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 17 April 2019 - 12:27 AM

So, I don't know about you guys, but I think that not being able to lock a mech 300 meters away in IDF or a mech in ECM, is ridiculous.

You wanted Lurmes move closer and forward.. is 300m still to far for using LONG RANGE missiles?

Come on PGI..

You over-nerfed.. please bring IDF more in line with their intended role..

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 12:38 AM

Lawl. No.

#3 Gluten

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2019 - 12:53 AM

Troll post?

#4 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 12:57 AM

Arguments, suggestions and facts are totaly overrated in the age of the orange clown as you can see above.

Lrms are now in a state where they are bad at idf, but still not good enough for df.
Buffing df more is stupid, there are allready missiles that can do it better,
buffing idf needs nerfs for df.

My suggestion: Bring them back to the point before all the buffs and nerfs.
The ammo buffs where bad, brough more spamming,
the arc/artemis nerfs were bad and forced you to stay way back,
until that they were ok for df and idf.

Edited by Kroete, 17 April 2019 - 12:57 AM.

#5 S t P a u l y

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:24 AM

Ahahahaahahahaahahahaahaaaaaaaa

#6 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:26 AM

I don't like to see someone in an Assault mech sitting back raining LRMs using the locks of others in QP. I would like to see LRMs used as intended LONG RANGE MISSLES.

I don't know how to stop the play style I don't like. I don't know if we should stop the play style we don't like. Some people must like it since they do it enough to bother others. Is our opinion more important than theirs? Can we reach some point in the middle?

How can we please everyone? We can't!

LRMs have been a part of this game since the beginning. They should be in the game. How do we make them reasonable and more importantly FUN for all players?

A tiny handful of players come on these forums promoting their perspective of LRMs. They go so far as to say that they speak for the majority. When no proof of that is provided. I guess the age of the Orange Clown is truly upon us. Vellron doesn't treat it that way. His request is reasonable and no argument has been provided that counters his.

Let's have a legit discussion regarding LRMs. Make it a round table with perspectives from both sides. Have Russ be the decider of action.

Or for the sake of entertaining the masses with rant posts about Nerf and Buff LRM let's just go with the status quo.

#7 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:28 AM

[redacted]

Edited by Tina Benoit, 10 May 2019 - 02:47 PM.
leaderboard stat shaming

#8 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:39 AM

mate, you are THE lurmer around here.
probably way better than most of us at it.

so I have to wonder why my MadDogs do fine since 2 patches now on _every_ map, and run out of missiles at around 1200-1400dmg, and I use that ~300meter-band all the time (ofc there are games with less dmg, yay nascar and 12:2 games, but the norm for the rest is the above).

maybe "your 300m" are 900m and you're confusing things...? or maaaaybe you should.. I don't know... once in a while get your own lock with DF? without the "i" in front? just an idea. ;)

#9 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:02 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 17 April 2019 - 12:27 AM, said:

IDF

You wanted Lurmes move closer and forward.

You over-nerfed.. please bring IDF more in line with their intended role..

Key points left... The point was to try and STOP LRM'ers hiding and doing absolutely nothing but lobbing missiles around.

If you expose, even at 500m, you will get locks on ECM mechs.

Stop hiding and you'll find things improve markedly.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 17 April 2019 - 02:02 AM.

#10 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:07 AM

ECM only increasing lock-on times in IDF was not reverted, right?

#11 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:39 AM

The changes were specifically designed to curb parasitic behaviour and most of the people I know... scratch that all of the people I know appreciate this effort. The only complaint I have is that it took so long to address the issue.

As well in cw two days ago I pulled 2k on Boreal in my Novacat whilst safely tucked away in my hidyhole. How you may ask? Narcs and teamwork which is very much needed when you don't have much in the way of armor.... IDF still very effective if you do it right with a team on a map where lurms are appropriate. This is great news cause sometimes you need to eat some Kung Pao chicken while pushing a button.

#12 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:03 AM

Lawl please, a few extra seconds of circle gets the square wasn't that big of a nerf.

I really wish they hadn't walked back on the AMS changes (except for actual aim missiles, dat was good), AMS was only everywhere the first couple of days then it went back to normal.

#13 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:07 AM

View PostEatit, on 17 April 2019 - 02:57 AM, said:

LRMs got a huge nerf and he isn't enjoying the game as much.

Eh ... No. Only his playstyle got a huge nerf. And in fact the whole purpose of the patch was indeed to nerf his cancerous playstyle. It even says so in the patchnotes. If anything LRMs themselves actually got a huge buff.

I'm 100% certain if your favorite weapon system got a nerf that made your stats drop that drastically you would be on here crying your eyes out.

Heh. You are funny kiddo. I've been here for 6 years now and during that time "my favorite weapon system" got nerfed like four dozen times. And yet somehow "my stats" never dropped.

Just because you don't like the play style doesn't make it wrong, it just makes it different.

His "playstyle" is actually borderline violation of CoC. So yeah, it IS wrong.

#14 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:17 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 17 April 2019 - 01:28 AM, said:

Vellron2005 (Feb '19) W/L 1.24 KDR 1.45

Vellron2005 (Mar '19) W/L 0.71 KDR 0.90

I wonder what went wrong there!

LOL

As I've stated before, stats are way to situational to matter, or for me to care about them.. Here are just some of the things that could have caused me to be performing worse:

I'm not playing LRMs exclusively.
I'm adjusting to having my playstyle radically shifted, altered and nerfed into the ground.
I'm skilling up a bunch of new, squishy mechs.
I play less often, so the sample is smaller.
My great friend who used to NARC for our whole group left the game, so now we no longer have a dedicated NARC-er. (We miss you Mik!)

Were you trying to prove his point?

He uses LRMs in the game and derives fun. LRMs got a huge nerf and he isn't enjoying the game as much. Doesn't he have a right to enjoy the game too?

I'm 100% certain if your favorite weapon system got a nerf that made your stats drop that drastically you would be on here crying your eyes out.

Just because you don't like the play style doesn't make it wrong, it just makes it different.

also.. What HE said.

I know there's gonna be some toxic gloating people dissing this topic, and most of my posts. I ignore them, and speak of the larger issue. As someone stated i am THE lurmer here (apparently), and I know what I'm doing around LRMs.. so you can immediately drop the toxic assumptions that I just sit back at 900 meters and spam.

In fact, my most used consumable is a UAV - most usually popped to light up most of the enemy team. That alone should tell you things. So when I say that it is not ok to not be able to lock a target with ECM that is just a few hundred meters away, even in DF, much less IDF, then you people should take me seriously.

I understand most brawlers wanted lurmers closer to the front. What's the point? If I can't return fire before the enemy ducks back into cover, what is the bloody point?

Then, as contrast, if I do stick furher back - say, on the most ideal Lurmer map - Polar - and I'm like 600+ meters away, and I can clearly see an enemy cutting me in half with AC2, and I can't lock it.. how is that ok?

And look at the modern battlefield. Most teams have multiple ECM mechs. Then there's the super-fast lights, which are near impossible to lock just cose' it's impossible to hold the reticle near-dead center for the thingy to start spinning. So you have to wait until the enemy comes very close, just a few hundred meters, at which point.. you're better off not having LRM, but ATM anyway..

So I ask you then.. you wanted Lurmers not to be useless... yet you made them alot less useful for most of an average match. Great job there.

At least, before we were doing alot more damage with alot less effort. And that wasn't good enough. Now, we do less damage with alot more effort. How is that an upgrade? A buff?

I still have games with 800+ damage. It's not an issue. But the amount of effort, skill or luck needed to do that is getting absurd.

LRMs have become alot less fun, and it shouldn't be like that. It shouldn't be a cake walk, but it shouldn't also be a hard day's work to do well.

P.S.

My list of ignored people on this forum is growing. Thank you to all the toxic haters helping me identify them. It makes is so much easier to ignore their bullshait.

Edited by Vellron2005, 17 April 2019 - 03:31 AM.

#15 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:19 AM

Were you trying to prove his point?

He uses LRMs in the game and derives fun. LRMs got a huge nerf and he isn't enjoying the game as much. Doesn't he have a right to enjoy the game too?

Can you imagine not having favorite weapon system, just playing what is effective and hating lock ons because even legit disabled people can do well with them.

#16 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:34 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 17 April 2019 - 03:19 AM, said:

Can you imagine not having favorite weapon system, just playing what is effective and hating lock ons because even legit disabled people can do well with them.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking if I can imagine hating lock on weapons? If so yes I can see from the point of view that they take less skill to use. But who cares, they aren't game breaking. I'm not losing games or having all of my fun destroyed by LRMs any more than any other weapon system.

If you are backing me up saying that there are legit disabled people using them and they should be allowed to have fun too then, Cool, thanks man.

#17 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:40 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 17 April 2019 - 03:17 AM, said:

so you can immediately drop the toxic assumptions that I just sit back at 900 meters and spam.

most brawlers wanted lurmers closer to the front. What's the point? If I can't return fire before the enemy ducks back into cover, what is the bloody point?

And look at the modern battlefield. Most teams have multiple ECM mechs. Then there's the super-fast lights, which are near impossible to lock just cose' it's impossible to hold the reticle near-dead center for the thingy to start spinning. So you have to wait until the enemy comes very close, just a few hundred meters, at which point.. you're better off not having LRM, but ATM anyway..

So I ask you then.. you wanted Lurmers not to be useless... yet you made them alot less useful for most of an average match. Great job there.

At least, before we were doing alot more damage with alot less effort. And that wasn't good enough. Now, we do less damage with alot more effort. How is that an upgrade? A buff?

I still have games with 800+ damage. It's not an issue. But the amount of effort, skill or luck needed to do that is getting absurd.

LRMs have become alot less fun, and it shouldn't be like that. It shouldn't be a cake walk, but it shouldn't also be a hard day's work to do well.

It’s not assumptions. It’s how you actually play LRMs which I and other players personally saw.

A very hard to understand term for someone sitting in the back called armor sharing.

Get in 500m, get TAG because newsflash they counter ECM. Not being able to lock on light is really showing. Not being to properly more your mouse 1” per second is just lol

>lurmers useless
>still getting 800+

Something something admitting LRMs required 0 efford before something more whine that you now require at least 1% of your brain to be involved into positioning.

No it should be hard just like any other weapon system.

#18 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:42 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 17 April 2019 - 03:17 AM, said:

I'm not playing LRMs exclusively.

Thats a good joke bro, shame nobody believes it.

#19 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:42 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 17 April 2019 - 03:19 AM, said:

So basically, you're asking if we can imagine just blending in, being like everyone else, jacks of all traits but masters of none, and using what ever is the current meta?

As a person that is highly specialized in my field in real life - no. I don't like mediocrity, cookie-cutter-ness, meta, or doing something just cose' everyone else is doing it..

If I did, I would not be playing a niche game like MWO, would I?

#20 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:43 AM

View PostEatit, on 17 April 2019 - 03:34 AM, said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking if I can imagine hating lock on weapons? If so yes I can see from the point of view that they take less skill to use. But who cares, they aren't game breaking. I'm not losing games or having all of my fun destroyed by LRMs any more than any other weapon system.

If you are backing me up saying that there are legit disabled people using them and they should be allowed to have fun too then, Cool, thanks man.

Not really. I’m not against lower skilled and casual audience being able to have fun. I’m against the fact that you could literally stand on one spot holding LMB alpha striking LRM80+ for entire match and get 1500+ dmg from it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users