Suspicious Activity

229 replies to this topic

#1 Colonel Wolfe

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:39 AM

Played a Faction battle that was completely one sided. Lost an atlas in 2 seconds, didnt even have a chance to fire or move. Just bang bang and the atlas was dead. Same thing with 2 of my other mechs. Didnt even get a chance to move barely and they were dead in a fraction of a second. If this isnt a cheat then this kind of gameplay should be removed. It was not fun waiting 30 minutes just to be basically spawn killed and no fighting chance.

My team lost with only a score of 3

Needless to say, faction play is no longer a game mode for me, I might as well pretend it doesnt exist if I am to expect results like that everytime

Edited by Colonel Wolfe, 15 June 2019 - 07:39 AM.

#2 SilentFenris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:52 AM

View PostColonel Wolfe, on 15 June 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

Played a Faction battle that was completely one sided. Lost an atlas in 2 seconds, didnt even have a chance to fire or move. Just bang bang and the atlas was dead. Same thing with 2 of my other mechs. Didnt even get a chance to move barely and they were dead in a fraction of a second. If this isnt a cheat then this kind of gameplay should be removed. It was not fun waiting 30 minutes just to be basically spawn killed and no fighting chance.

My team lost with only a score of 3

Needless to say, faction play is no longer a game mode for me, I might as well pretend it doesnt exist if I am to expect results like that everytime

Hi, Wolfe, I noticed you posted a "Returning Founder" topic a few days ago
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6269077

A few ideas about what might be going on:
1) I'm not sure when you last played, but meta has changed over the last few years. Two Alpha Strikes from the right builds can be enough to core out an Atlas.

2) Check your mech builds. Several mech chasis's were "corrupted" over the years, causing existing builds to automatically re-allocate armor or to loose all armor allocation entirely. If you haven't been in your mechbay since you left the game years ago, this could be the issue. Simply re-allocating armor again in the mechbay and saving will fix the issue.

Edited by SilentFenris, 15 June 2019 - 07:55 AM.

#3 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:28 AM

And how many mech where able to shoot u? I mean if it was 48 to 3 u prob faced a good premade with a full pug group. Even only 3 mechs with decent aim will destroy everything in 3 secs. Instead of giving up maybe try to learn from agroup?

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 15 June 2019 - 08:42 AM.

#4 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:00 AM

There can only be one answer. Cheaters.

#5 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:04 AM

Record the cheaters and post them on the forums

#6 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:37 AM

Guys. He will not understand, that u are joking...

#7 Colonel Wolfe

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:56 AM

Having spent most of my last matches getting cored in 2 or 3 shots from random mechs, I've decided this Online version is not for me.

I can have perfect aim with high alphas and no matter what I ALWAYS get killed by 1 random mech with 2 shots, i rarely even get to shoot anything.

This game was not like this in beta when I played, It was much better back then. This mess sucks

#8 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:12 AM

The problem most likely is your positioning and missing torso twist

#9 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:30 AM

The learning curve is high, if you're interested in learning, watch one of the streamers. If not, fare ye well

#10 Colonel Wolfe

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:36 AM

I've watched the streamers. I have tried those strategies. They obviously get better MM then I do. Everyone I have to fight is a friggin world champion player. No thanks. Not a problem with high learning curve, Ive been a mechwarrior player longer then most people have been alive here.

The game is just utter nonsense

#11 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:01 AM

In Faction Play is no MM. At least Not enough players to make it function.

Most times there are only 12 on both sides. So MM does near nothing

First 3 thinks to do, to improve your Faction Play experience.
Join a group
Join a group
Join a group

If u have not done, dont blame game.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 15 June 2019 - 11:10 AM.

#12 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:09 PM

Got ya, it cant possibly be your play, its either cheating or game mechanics. Well that about wraps up this thread. Nothing more to see here folks.

#13 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:23 PM

View PostColonel Wolfe, on 12 June 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

I used to have a 50:1 win ratio and nearly 10:1 K:D, stats have been reset. So thats no longer there, but anyone who used to roll with me thats still around should be able to vouch for me.

Must be. His W/L was 50:1 and his K/D 10:1 back then. I mean, take a look at Jarl's, see where that would put him today.

Edited by Roland09, 15 June 2019 - 12:25 PM.

#14 Colonel Wolfe

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:38 PM

Your elitist attitude is not helping the cause.

Yep, obviously must be all me. Thats why the population is just you guys. Enjoy your dead game.

I dont really care anymore

Cya

#15 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:53 PM

Well what did you want? A hug?

You were accusing people of cheating with literally no evidence to back it up, other than "waahhh, waaahhh, waaaahhh, I got killed". Some posters were giving you a bit of advice in order to make sure you are not suffering from an extremely unlikely glitch. But no, can't be, your aim is perfect and you are getting matched against world champion players all the time.

Lol.

Edited by Roland09, 15 June 2019 - 12:57 PM.

#16 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:44 PM

I'm sorry you're not as good as you remember

and yes, haxors, haxors everywhere

#17 Johnny Rico

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:14 PM

Fp pretty much is meta builds and meta builds only,check your armors,check your builds. compare with others, im willing to bet its more your builds than anything else. build 4 meta builds and get them skilled correctly and run a few drops with them in qp. once your comfy with them find a group to fp with.Or do nothing and complain you're not getting better. odds are your just getting a crap draw and landing emp or bcmc on the reds and as a 12 man its a daunting task yet alone as a skittle. also do the twist

Edited by Johnny Rico, 15 June 2019 - 04:16 PM.

#18 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:16 PM

View PostRoland09, on 15 June 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

Must be. His W/L was 50:1 and his K/D 10:1 back then. I mean, take a look at Jarl's, see where that would put him today.

It would put him nowhere because he would not have said stats because beta did not have a group queue. He could like in his profile and check the archived drop down, provided he stayed long enough to get it recorded.because Beta did not have a group queue, and actual groups was not possible until around Oct 2012.

And if he has not played since then he would have started in Tier 5 as a new player, and with only his Legendary Founder packaged mechs, Atlas, Catapult, Hunchback, Jenner. Stock mechs, and if he has not purchased anything else, he is not doing back, as a newbie, which he is in the mech lab. And with the number of resets closed and opened beta had, and dependent on when he left he had nothing for HSP/etc from modules and skills

(ranked avg MS) 15075 Colonel Wolfe W/L12 9 1.33 / K/D 7 13 0.54 / total matches 21 avg MS 153

And if he is using his Hunchback (his stats are only in Medium class for QP), he likely has not front loaded his armor, purchased/using isXL instead of LFE (instant death ST for isXL only). He has rosey glasses for closed Beta, esp early closed beta, especially after reading his other thread, and he is complaining about being OWNED in Faction Play when he is basically playing/mechlab at a recruit level...

Posted Image

As for FP, he didnt say anything about which faction he was facing, and there is the likelihood he is utilizing trial mechs, at least for Clans. And coming around a corner/entrance against a semi-organized team made of 12 players instead of random 4-8 players from early beta...I can see while his rosy glasses are being shattered. And all IS trial mechs come with isXL... no need to die to a CT loss, his opponents only need to take out a Side Torso.....

And he likely clicked through that one warning popup really fast...

Posted Image

Edited by Half Ear, 15 June 2019 - 04:25 PM.

#19 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:28 PM

This thread was only ever going to end one way Posted Image

My guess: the "problem" you are encountering is not cheating, it's stacking.

Because of the low population, when you drop as a PUG you can and will encounter groups comprising some of the best players in the game. They are friends, they play FP all the time, they invite each other to groups, they know all the best spots and strategies on every map.

So it's not surprising they end up in a very strong, very large group, and trounce any opposing team in short time. As FP is the group-oriented MWO mode, it's to be expected.

I've been on both sides of this equation - in the strong group, and opposing it. I think the best you can do when opposing it is to adopt a zen attitude, do the best you personally can, and gain some challenge and satisfaction from achieving a good score despite the overwhelming force stacked against you.

One final interesting thing to note...

After Tuesday's patch, we'll have the opportunity to switch factions during every Mission and Phase. That means strong groups will be able to split up and balance out the skill levels on both sides of the queue if they want good matches, instead of just steamrolling PUGs match after match.

I know a few excellent admirable players who, before PGI effed up FP with the last patch, would voluntarily switch sides just to make matches more even and interesting for everyone. Hopefully we'll see more of that from Tuesday onwards and all be able to enjoy more interesting matches.

---

TL:DR While there may be a few cheats around, quick deaths in FP are mostly due to good players focusing you down quickly and efficiently. Best you can do is get better at the game, recognise and accept when the odds are stacked against you, and do the best you can to achieve a high personal score.

Edited by Appogee, 15 June 2019 - 05:39 PM.

#20 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 June 2019 - 05:19 PM

View PostColonel Wolfe, on 15 June 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

I've watched the streamers. I have tried those strategies. They obviously get better MM then I do. Everyone I have to fight is a friggin world champion player. No thanks. Not a problem with high learning curve, Ive been a mechwarrior player longer then most people have been alive here.

The game is just utter nonsense

I doubt there was a single World Champ player on opposition team.

Essentially you're just not that good. I mean you claimed in your "I'm back" thread to have a WLR of 50.0... That's a pipedream.

Also you said your bringing an Atlas. Most maps / modes the Atlas is a horrible choice.
You've essentially just posted a "I got beat badly" thread and thrown in a thingly veiled claim other team was hacking - which will be absolutely not the case.

Anyway record some matches. Upload to YouTube - I'm sure many here can easily work out your issues. And that's what they will be, your issues.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 15 June 2019 - 05:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users