146 replies to this topic

#41 HauptmanT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:08 PM

"Earn a loot bag for every 80 match score."

Wrong. Live for a few minutes already "bugged". Either change the wording or fix the event please.

It only gives one bag per fight regardless of matchscore.

#42 byter75

• PipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:27 PM

Yup can confirm phase one is seemingly limited to just one bag per match. Friend earned 380 match score, got just one bag (should've earned at least 3). Personally I really prefer to earn a total of 8k match score than 80 match score over 100 matches.

#43 Zlobny

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:33 PM

Play 100 matches for a grand prize of a Mech bay and 1 mil c-bills! Posted Image

#44 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:55 PM

Free digital stuff just to play a game I enjoy playing without getting free digital stuff?

Cool :)

#45 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:06 PM

Maybe 5 Mech Bays would be a "Grand" Prize. 1 Mech Bay is just....

PGI, please think on this...

View PostAverage Sloth, on 27 June 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

I waited for this comment. Go back a few weeks in the Forum and you will notice people complaining that a mech is too big a reward and that the lootbag format forces you too grind beyond what you would usually do ;-)

I would like to see who these "people" are. It's not that the current event doesn't give a Champion Mech as a Grand Prize. It's just that 1 Mech Bay is not a Grand Anything lol. Maybe 5 Mech Bays...

#46 Aufelir

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:13 PM

The Beach Party event page says that you receive a loot bag every 80 match score.

Score 1
Score 2
Loot Bag Count

I made 668 match score which is equivalent to 8 loot bags. I only received 1 loot bag.

Does the event page really mean "receive 1 loot bag per match upon attaining 80+ match score"?

Edit: If this is the case, this event (yet again) encourages bad play, i.e. people shooting something, maybe popping a drone, intentionally getting their face melted, rinse and repeat.

Edited by Aufelir, 27 June 2019 - 10:16 PM.

#47 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:46 PM

Mech bays are nice. I was a little surprised not to see a (c) mech when I pulled open that dropdown menu. I've earned two through loot bag events so far. Oh well. The camo thing is cool.

Come on, dudes. It's not literally 1 bag for every 80 points of score. It's never been that way afaik. It's per game of at least 80 points, and when multiple event days with something like that overlaps, they'll come in multiples. Duh.

Edited by Renzor the Red, 27 June 2019 - 10:57 PM.

#48 LastActionHobbit

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK.

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:13 AM

Yerp; please fix matchscore issue; 'every 80 matchscore' is what it says ;-)!

#49 Culnan

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:35 AM

View PostRenzor the Red, on 27 June 2019 - 10:46 PM, said:

Mech bays are nice. I was a little surprised not to see a (c) mech when I pulled open that dropdown menu. I've earned two through loot bag events so far. Oh well. The camo thing is cool.

Come on, dudes. It's not literally 1 bag for every 80 points of score. It's never been that way afaik. It's per game of at least 80 points, and when multiple event days with something like that overlaps, they'll come in multiples. Duh.

Pretty sure that's how the last couple of loot bag events have worked though. Plus (more critically) that's what the event description says. If it was meant to be 'one bag per match with 80+ match score', that's what the event should have been described as. It's either an error, or very poor communication on PGI's part.

As for the prize. It's pretty disappointing. Especially as it uses the 'pick a prize' format but only gives you one choice. It just seems like a really weird decision. If there's only one prize option, why not just fold it into the regular event page? Don't want to give away a champion mech? Fair enough, but a solitary mechbay seems pretty anaemic. At least doing something like 'choose a faction pack of cockpit items' would feel a bit more substantial, and make actual use of the 'choose a prize' menu.

#50 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:43 AM

View PostCulnan, on 28 June 2019 - 12:35 AM, said:

Pretty sure that's how the last couple of loot bag events have worked though. Plus (more critically) that's what the event description says. If it was meant to be 'one bag per match with 80+ match score', that's what the event should have been described as. It's either an error, or very poor communication on PGI's part.

As for the prize. It's pretty disappointing. Especially as it uses the 'pick a prize' format but only gives you one choice. It just seems like a really weird decision. If there's only one prize option, why not just fold it into the regular event page? Don't want to give away a champion mech? Fair enough, but a solitary mechbay seems pretty anaemic. At least doing something like 'choose a faction pack of cockpit items' would feel a bit more substantial, and make actual use of the 'choose a prize' menu.

^ That!

Also, I wonder what the mechs in the Dropship Deals will be. I'm hoping it'll have most of the good Heroes from each weight category.

#51 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:17 AM

Wow is this event bringing out the potatoes. Many matches have 1-2 players getting sub 80ms, people are suiciding and hoping a couple of alphas gets them over the MS line. It isn't. Please don't do that.

Edit- yuck, just saw 2 from each team <80 and it wasn't a 1 sided stomp. Two assaults with 23 damage each. Takes a bit of fun out of the game.

Edited by crazytimes, 28 June 2019 - 02:23 AM.

#52 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:01 AM

With 23 open mech bays and 135 mechs, I'm not that excited to win a free mech bay. Loot bags are nice, looks like can be won easily by just regular play. Also happy to see another engine sale.

Doubt I'll play any this weekend, pretty busy in real life and just not that interested in playing much anymore.

Good luck anyway.

#53 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:50 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 27 June 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

I would like to see who these "people" are. It's not that the current event doesn't give a Champion Mech as a Grand Prize. It's just that 1 Mech Bay is not a Grand Anything lol. Maybe 5 Mech Bays...

I don't think it was about the Hero Mech being too big a prize, complaints were about the 500 match score *five times* to get it. The work for it was "too big" for the average player.

So, here we have a Grand Prize that is attainable to everyone. It may not be "Grand" to the more experienced or long-term folk, but it's something that normally costs real money to get ... or banked from previous events.

#54 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:26 AM

Disappointed that there wasn't a mech to earn. Maybe will play a little over the weekend.

#55 Brian McDurmot

Rookie

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:29 AM

Sorry guys, where do i find my earned loot bags (one per match but 80+ score)? Cannot find them in-game or my account at mwo?

Thx

#56 Zlobny

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:55 AM

View PostBrian McDurmot, on 28 June 2019 - 05:29 AM, said:

Sorry guys, where do i find my earned loot bags (one per match but 80+ score)? Cannot find them in-game or my account at mwo?

Thx

https://mwomercs.com/beachparty

#57 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:04 AM

so, you only get 1 bag per match and the grand prize is 1 mech bay? you're joking right?

#58 Myj

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 47 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationColorado

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:31 AM

Makes me sad to see so many people complaining about something so minuscule, now I see why PGI doesn't listen when we complain about things that actually matter. If all they hear is complaints for every little thing they do, of course they're going to stop listening...

To all the complainers: it's free stuff, just play and earn it and stop having such entitled attitudes. To feel the need to point out your opinion about free stuff is just...not right.

The whole "for every 80 match score" thing, you're simply paying too much attention to semantics (I do realize it's an important part of communication, but give them a damn break...). They've done dozens of loot bag events and they've all worked the exact same way, it's never been "for every 80 match score" I can't believe any of you all would even think that. Unless you're brand new you should have just passively assumed they just typed it wrong, it's super obvious.

Let's instead focus only on complaining about how literally every mech needs torso pitch buffs. Or that most mechs need more agility. Or how it costs like ~$13 to buy enough MC to convert enough XP in GXP to skill 1 SINGLE MECH. And you STILL have to spend 4.5 million cbills after that! How crazy is that?! These are types of things that matter, let's not waste time complaining about how PGI offers to give us free stuff. Whether they do it to your liking or not, at least it's something they're actually doing with the right idea, unlike the other things I mention here.

#59 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:44 AM

@PGI :

Thank you for :
- Not asking us to farm 500 Match Score, because we have all had that 499 score too many times... Posted Image Posted Image
- Not asking us to shoot down UAV's that causes my team to stair to the sky all the time! Posted Image

I will use this event to Skill/Level my 3 brand new mechs Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 28 June 2019 - 07:44 AM.

#60 Culnan

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:19 AM

View PostMyj, on 28 June 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

Makes me sad to see so many people complaining about something so minuscule, now I see why PGI doesn't listen when we complain about things that actually matter. If all they hear is complaints for every little thing they do, of course they're going to stop listening...

And it makes me sad that people see the need to complain about complaints...

To all the complainers: it's free stuff, just play and earn it and stop having such entitled attitudes. To feel the need to point out your opinion about free stuff is just...not right.

Firstly, no. 'This event is not as good as your previous events' is a perfectly valid stance to take, and opinion to express. It has nothing at all to do with 'entitlement' (if there's one word I'd like to see never brought up again in gaming discussions...).

Secondly, 'you can't complain about free stuff' is a weird idea for a f2p game. One would assume these events are meant to encourage people to play the game. If they're not doing that, telling PGI why seems perfectly legitimate.

Thirdly, if the event was great, we'd not be able to praise it either if we're not allowed to point out opinions about free stuff. Which seems like a silly idea to me.

The whole "for every 80 match score" thing, you're simply paying too much attention to semantics (I do realize it's an important part of communication, but give them a damn break...). They've done dozens of loot bag events and they've all worked the exact same way, it's never been "for every 80 match score" I can't believe any of you all would even think that. Unless you're brand new you should have just passively assumed they just typed it wrong, it's super obvious.

It's not super obvious, because as far as I (and apparently others too) recall, previous loot bag events did operate on the 'for every x match score' system. It's also not semantics, it's either a bug or poor communication, and both options deserve to be pointed out.

Let's instead focus only on complaining about how literally every mech needs torso pitch buffs. Or that most mechs need more agility. Or how it costs like ~$13 to buy enough MC to convert enough XP in GXP to skill 1 SINGLE MECH. And you STILL have to spend 4.5 million cbills after that! How crazy is that?! These are types of things that matter, let's not waste time complaining about how PGI offers to give us free stuff. Whether they do it to your liking or not, at least it's something they're actually doing with the right idea, unlike the other things I mention here.

This is a thread about the current event. Of course people will talk about and complain about the event. That's what this thread's for. There are other places for other complaints.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users