#101 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:55 PM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 09 September 2019 - 03:07 AM, said:

Paul, could you also ban cadets from playing FP? Anyone that has less than 25 QP matches under their belt is highly likely to be unable to carry their weight in Faction Play. Would also definitely help with match quality.

Interestingly I seem to show up on there as CADET despite having played a little more than 25 QP games... Is that something to do with swapping factions so frequently or am I reading something else entirely?

#102 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:32 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 09 September 2019 - 08:55 PM, said:

Interestingly I seem to show up on there as CADET despite having played a little more than 25 QP games... Is that something to do with swapping factions so frequently or am I reading something else entirely?

I'm not sure if it is bugged or what but the only accurate indicator of a cadet is the green-white C badge that shows beside a person's name.

#103 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:55 AM

It must be bugged, because i'm a cadet too, despite playing the game for some time.

I did never received the cadet bonus though, since this feature came much later.
But most likely "cadet" means a player who didn't play the new FP system very much. Then you can't ban cadets from FP, because non-cadet status is not achievable anywhere else. And you can't really blame them for not playing post May patch.

#104 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:59 PM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 10 September 2019 - 04:55 AM, said:

I did never received the cadet bonus though, since this feature came much later.

You never went into the academy to claim it? Depending on when you joined, you may have gotten a lump sum of like 5 mil cbills instead. That was still pretty early though, like 2013.

#105 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:45 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 11 September 2019 - 07:59 PM, said:

You never went into the academy to claim it? Depending on when you joined, you may have gotten a lump sum of like 5 mil cbills instead. That was still pretty early though, like 2013.

I did claim achievement rewards from the tutorial, but there was also a huge bonus for first 25 QP games played, which only new players could receive. That was the cadet bonus, 12.5 mil. You can see it in the achievements list, but without retroactive rewards.
On day one i had to buy my very first mech with MC, to skip reduced grind on trial mechs (which were stock back then, i believe). CN9-AL, still with me Posted Image In retrospective, i should have started with Commandos, lights were filthy easy back in the day. Jenner was the king, but screw that kuritan monstrosity.
Ah, good memories...

#106 El Maestro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 464 posts
  • LocationVleuten, Netherlands

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:25 AM

@Paul.. any news on FP patch??
don't tell me it has been pushed up .... :{

#107 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:29 PM

View PostEl Maestro, on 17 September 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

@Paul.. any news on FP patch??
don't tell me it has been pushed up .... :{

Why should PGI put any time and work into a mode that is dead?
Okay technically PGI are the ones who killed FP and one could assume they fix what they broke ... so ...

Posted Image

#108 Gandhi1

Rookie

• The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:51 PM

So was the cost of leaving a Faction implemented? I don't see anything about it. If it was how much is it if someone wants to leave a Faction?

Also the Setting to turn off the Call to Arms doesn't seem to be working. Edit, thanks for fixing the CtA notifications lol.

Edited by Gandhi1, 05 October 2019 - 06:00 PM.

#109 Deadeye254

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 205 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 08:26 AM

I take it it is too late to make suggestion's on how to improve FP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users