Live Fire Test Results Srm6 Vs S-Srm6 @269M Vs Commando

98 replies to this topic

#1 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:18 PM

Screen shot at 10 salvos, then total salvo for kill.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Note the mech is cored, but weapons remain fully functional.

Next we test Streak-SRM6

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Note at 10 salvos with Streaks, an arm or two are missing, and enemy mech has reduced offensive power.

ETA: sorry I hit wrong button and prematurely posted.

Edited by John McClintock, 11 July 2019 - 05:22 PM.

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:35 PM

Static test on a stationary stock mech. Yawn.

#3 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:35 PM

Whats the point?

#4 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:37 PM

To show that SRM6s, even without Artemis and at near max range, still kill quicker than Streaks.

#5 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:39 PM

Too bad this test doesn't show that one weapon has to be aimed and the other does not.

3d Chess

Edited by Prototelis, 11 July 2019 - 05:39 PM.

#6 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:40 PM

Or to show that you can cripple light mechs with 360 missiles? Who knows....

#7 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:43 PM

View PostSergeant Destroy, on 11 July 2019 - 05:40 PM, said:

Well, to be fair, that is exactly what you need to do against lights. They leverage their speed to be effective, take that away, they are practically dead.

#8 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:45 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 11 July 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Well, to be fair, that is exactly what you need to do against lights. They leverage their speed to be effective, take that away, they are practically dead.

What you do is put 12 spl on a stormcrow and not cripple your cyclops with a ****** weapon system.

#9 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:47 PM

Also; I'm pretty sure this is just one srm6 at a time and not all 3-6 at a time.

A properly built 10Q can fire all 6 srm6A at one time and instantly delete a light mech.

A 3+3 ssrm cyclops is going to absolutely devastate any light; especially if they are running away.

3d Chess

Edited by Prototelis, 11 July 2019 - 05:48 PM.

#10 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:48 PM

View PostSergeant Destroy, on 11 July 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

What you do is put 12 spl on a stormcrow and not cripple your cyclops with a ****** weapon system.

Hey, he's the one doing 3d-Chess with a sub-optimal cyclops. A 3x SSRM6 Scat would have done better.

#11 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:56 PM

This is least beneficial circumstance for SRM6, as both lag and target movement effect hits. Real world hit ratio would be from 10% to zero for average players. Maybe 20% for top players, on a moving Commando at that distance. Anybody claiming much higher is lying or using an aimbot while living in the server's basement, and calling it Mom.

For SRM we have average of 13.6 salvos for a kill under perfect conditions, at max range.

At 50% hit ratio Posted Image , that's 27.2 salvo for a kill. The more rational ratio of 20% is 68 salvos.

Streaks got the kill in 18.2 salvos, Streaks also partially or fully Dis-Armed the opponent at ten salvos.

It would be hard to argue against Streaks getting the kill in less than a third of the salvos that SRMs take, AND Streaks will seriously degrade the opponent's ability to fight back.

As stated, these are LEAST beneficial conditions for SRM build, and highlight advantages of Streaks.

One can certainly argue that, at close range, Streaks will maintain the same functionality. Where as SRMs will show a steady increase in applied firepower. The real question, is how good are you? How good is your opponent? Can you really claim to be able to hit a Flea or Commando at even half that distance (135m) with better than 50% accuracy? That's a bold claim, and even then you would fall short of streaks.

The cavet is this is VS lights only (a Commando, specifically), IF you are fighting another assault they will eat that damage up and kill you before you know it. Unless you use those lasers to good effect for a head shot. Which is why I like to have pinpoint weapons on all my missile builds. Not saying it would save you Posted Image , but it might. At least you will ahve a fighting chance. The lasers are also useful for shooting down UAVs, which should never be underestimated.

View PostPrototelis, on 11 July 2019 - 05:47 PM, said:

Also; I'm pretty sure this is just one srm6 at a time and not all 3-6 at a time.

A properly built 10Q can fire all 6 srm6A at one time and instantly delete a light mech.

A 3+3 ssrm cyclops is going to absolutely devastate any light; especially if they are running away.

3d Chess

yes, one shot at a time, to count hits. Sorry I did not specify this in my methods.

#12 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:58 PM

i don't know what your point is, if you need pgi to aim for you, you can kill lights without effort?

#13 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:01 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 11 July 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

To show that SRM6s, even without Artemis and at near max range, still kill quicker than Streaks.

What is your hit ratio with SRM6?

If it is less than 50% (IS) Streaks are winning VS commando.

Are you hitting 100% at 269m? How about 100m? Maybe? Probably not. I can easily believe a top player could hit 50% at 100 m. On a fast mover. Maybe.

Even at 50%, streaks are still winning by a large margin.

As long as you can get a target lock, that is.

#14 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:03 PM

View PostJohn McClintock, on 11 July 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

10% to zero for average players. Maybe 20% for top players, on a moving Commando at that distance. Anybody claiming much higher is lying or using an aimbot while living in the server's basement, and calling it Mom.

For SRM we have average of 13.6 salvos for a kill under perfect conditions, at max range.

At 50% hit ratio Posted Image , that's 27.2 salvo for a kill. The more rational ratio of 20% is 68 salvos.

LOL.

3d Chess

#15 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:05 PM

View PostSergeant Destroy, on 11 July 2019 - 05:40 PM, said:

10 salvos of 6 = 60 missiles.

IF you are going to try and degrade someone's argument, at least get your math right.

Complete kill in 18.2 salvos is only 110 missiles.

Less than one ton.

And you just did 220 dmg. Them scores won't pad themselves.

#16 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:12 PM

Sorry, didnt expect someone to fire single launchers and call it a salvo, absolutely my bad. Also, dont use streaks.

Edited by Sergeant Destroy, 11 July 2019 - 06:12 PM.

#17 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:17 PM

View PostSergeant Destroy, on 11 July 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

Sorry, didnt expect someone to fire single launchers, absolutely my bad. Also, dont use streaks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I showed you mine...

#18 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:19 PM

You just showed how your own stats probably prove you wrong.

3d Chess

#19 Pseudo98

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:21 PM

https://i.giphy.com/...MWMo/giphy.webp

#20 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:35 PM

Those stats are against ALL mechs, not ONLY against fast moving lights...

My stats also show I hit 66.69% of MPL shots, 67.82% of ER-PPC shots. Posted Image (most of those ER-PPC would be in a pop tarting spider)

They show my hits for SRMS (small sample size) are almost as good as Streaks. The cavet is that the vast majority of those SRM hits are against NON-light mechs, where as streaks don't care. My only misses with streaks were because of pilot error or AMS, or enemy moving behind cover. With SRMs I would tend to be closer and pick shots more carefully (usually less than 150m). But one must look at sample size, I tend to rarely use SRMs.

Maybe my data contradicts my premise, maybe not. One must be careful how one interprets the data. One can easily allow bias to effect discussion.

Posted Image

View PostPrototelis, on 11 July 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

You just showed how your own stats probably prove you wrong.

3d Chess

Actually they don't prove me wrong, per se, or prove me right... Lets see someone else's stats?

For comparison?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users