• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:44 PM

Refunded

This is my request I sent to support@mw5mercs.com

I am a MWO player and had purchased the MW5 preorder understanding it would be released on Steam. I want to have my preorder purchase refunded because of your recent decision to go with Epic instead. My email registered for both MWO and the MW5 accounts are the same which is ##########@#####.com

My MWO player name is Mykor. I want to just add that I am very disappointed in PGI for this decision. I’ve been a dedicated player for over 2 1/2 years with at least 150 mechs in my inventory which a number of them where purchased with actual real money happy to support you at PGI up til this point. This decision leaves me less willing to do so. I hope you reverse this bad decision for the community’s sake as well as your company’s.

I responded in this way to express how sincere I am and disappointed in their decision. Some may be more blunt or angry some may express little to nothing at all. However you request your refund let them know they hurt their customer base that has been loyal to them through good and bad, through frustration and delays and bug fixes over the years but most of us stuck it out. Until now ... this may be the straw that breaks the PGI camels back. I still will be playing MWO for now but even that may change the way things seem to be going ... sigh ... good luck to you all and hope to see you on the battlefield until that sun finally sets on that as well.

#342 TheBossOfYou

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:45 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 25 July 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

Okay. I want to touch on this -

Epic Game Launcher isn't Chinese spyware or the like. Tencent has 0 access to your Epic information, the same as my owning stock in a company gives me 0 access to the information of their customers. They'll get the same reports that anyone can get access to like 10-Ks and such.

It tries to collect a ton of info about your system, everything you have installed and all your steam info and friends list and other contact information you've got. It's about as thirsty for your personal info as Facebook is, which is significant. However that's not inherently malicious. No more so than every single other platform you connect to is.

It is, however, clumsy and has 0 benefits for the consumer. None. There's 0 value in using that launcher. Whatever issues I have with Steam (and I have plenty) at least it provides me numerous benefits as a consumer. It's relatively light, it's got several built-in troubleshooting tools, communication tools, and I literally don't recall the last time any of the 197 games I have on Steam have had an issue.

There's 0 benefits to us for Epic. It's just a benefit to PGI in terms of more money but we are absolutely going to get an inferior experience than even what we'd get through even a PGI direct tool.

You've obviously never seen the Chinese government in action.

#343 PaleRider3025

Rookie

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:46 PM

I hope that going with Epic generates more money than what you would have made going with Steam and GOG so you can invest that money into your company but i doubt that happens. I'll just wait a year, or two, to play MW5 when it releases on Steam or just wait until it is on sale. I would have paid full price on Steam! And I think i just won't spend any more money in MWO on mech packs anymore either.You have to do what you feel is right and so do I. I hope that every penny you received from EPIC was worth all of that trust you lost with your customers.

Edited by PaleRider3025, 25 July 2019 - 05:51 PM.

#344 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:47 PM

We called it here many times... it was so obvious, despite the denying, pgi was probably negotiating already.
So I will prob be refunding and keeping the bonuses in mwo, thats not bad....
But you should have honored the preorders getting a STEAM key as promised, the rest could buy 1 year later!!
Hope Epics money is really worth it. In a way....! iam happy those brainless ppl at epic valued mechwarrior as a worthy exclusive...

#345 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:50 PM

View PostHaipyng, on 25 July 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

Perhaps the most interesting thing is they seem to know the reaction this would cause and they are like. "Oh well, take your money back". *shrug*

Because Epic's financial model in effect guarantees PGI the first n thousand sales and gives PGI an upfront cheque for that amount. Ie it's money in the bank for them, vs eking out sales over time.

PGI have probably calculated that they're still financially better off taking Epic's upfront money minus refunds, than if they persisted with broader distribution.

If you want to be paranoid, it may also be that PGI doubts their product will be a success - with all the delays, maybe it's buggy as hell - and doubts that they'll sell n thousand copies. But this is conjecture.

#346 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:56 PM

hahaha, no.

#347 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:04 PM

20 thousand pre-orders. Is that good in today's environment?

#348 Aufelir

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:05 PM

View PostRaptor007, on 25 July 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

The only thing they could possibly say in the AMA to prevent my refund is that pre-orders will still get a Steam key or stand-alone download in December. That's what we paid for, not an Epic key.

This

#349 WJP

• PipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:09 PM

Don't worry we still play MWO.i no money buy MW5.

#350 First Class Tramp

Rookie

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:13 PM

I'll be taking that refund. RIP MWO franchise.

#351 WJP

• PipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:13 PM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=mBtAyDbhYok

#352 Alstren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNext door to PGI's North American server room

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:14 PM

Tencent... nuff said preorder pulled

#353 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:15 PM

I have also refunded my pre-order.

#354 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:17 PM

MW5 had better be AMAZING Quality and Epic storyline, with lots of replayability if it wants to recover from this.

BUT - Don't underestimate the impact of BAD PUBLICITY. Even if your game is amazing many many people will never play it due to today's dumpster fire.

#355 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:18 PM

View PostAppogee, on 25 July 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

If you want to be paranoid, it may also be that PGI doubts their product will be a success - with all the delays, maybe it's buggy as hell - and doubts that they'll sell n thousand copies. But this is conjecture.

That would also explain the lack of video trailers. Remember the original where everyone picked it apart and pointed out all the failed aspects of the "demo".

#356 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:18 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 25 July 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

It's more like Tencent is a Chinese company, and all Chinese companies have the legal obligation to hand over their customer data to the Chinese Communist Party...

So you're not getting sold out, they're doing it for free.

You are aware facebook was just fined five billion dollars for privacy violations right ? That's an american company....

#357 WJP

• PipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:20 PM

No long time,some AAA game and indy games become to exclusive for epic game store.

#358 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:27 PM

I totally despise Epic lack of imagination when it comes to spend fortnites cash but i understand why PGI do this. Maybe some of those fortnite kids will migrate and maybe we'll get mwo2 or at least a population capable of supporting a good matchmaker.

and to all of you who are mad because you preordered... you gota learn somewhere, consider it done and dont preorder anymore. This preorder bs has done nothing good for the gaming world.

#359 Khan BuRNeR

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:35 PM

It was funny how Ross tried to defend this epic fail with expecting more sells on epic.
I mean, don't he realize that epic has a terrible reputation on every game related social media, forums, blogs, communities.
I am glad I didn't preordered, but I wanted to buy the game after it had the first wave of patches.
Now maybe a year later or maybe not at all.

#360 Carlton1228

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:36 PM

I supported this game as a Legendary Founder back when it was in pre-alpha, back when everyone said it would fail, back before i could even afford my own computer to play it on. Back then there was big talk of a stand alone MechWarrior game but it was years away. I believed in the vision of a badass MechWarrior, even with Harmony Gold causing problems

Fast forward to now, after taking preorders and a solid release date, you fail to communicate a special deal with Epic and push the release date back, acting like other AAA developers (EA comes to mind) and treating their player base with disrespect. No where on your FAQ page do you say if the game is downloadable and playable without the Epic Launcher. Did you bother to ask your player base if we wanted another Launcher?

Hopefully, this is the extent of the BS. I will say this: if the game launches like Fallout 76 and Star Wars, full of bugs, lootboxes and microtransactions, i will not spend another penny with you.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users