Mechwarrior 5 Release Date & Epic Games Store Exclusivity

1380 replies to this topic

#1361 Rojar Paren

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • Locationin the cockpit of the assault Mech that is bearing down on you.

Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:42 AM

well color me disappointed .. the mighty jingles rails against epic exclusivity in his monday video and in the same video says he is buying MW5 in december... color this salt miner crushed

#1362 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:49 PM

Shameful and shameless at same time, You promise us steam/gog keys with preorders while actively looking for epic deal? you still sold preorders for steam/gog when the epic deal was already done? you waited like 3 months after signing it to tell us about epic exclusive deal? and you are stupid enough to admit it? wow Russ just wow.

Well i already knew that Russ and PGI are great at delivering disappointment but apparently they always look for a new low to reach too. I knew you ppl didn't deserve the money after how you treated MWO and how you treated the community.

I hope you will get sued for this bs or at least that your epic gambit will backfire, you sure are doing a lot to get your new shiny game in trouble; very limited mechlab, half assed co-op thru campaign that you can't play from very beginning with 4 ppl and now epic store exclusivity not to mention lack of comfortable steam workshop.

Eh if only at the very least you would honor your promise of steam/gog keys for all those people that already preordered your damn game during first wave of preorders but noo, that is too much to ask for apparently.

Your word means nothing Russ, those MW5 AMAs are waste of time, you show us nothing and feed us words, who knows how much you lied already about the game and how many more lies we will hear before the game will be finally out.

But hey ppl could refund for a whole month and can keep all that garbage for MWO that came with preorders, garbage for a dying abandoned game, how generous, thanks.

I wonder how many ppl really refunded EpicStockWarrior5 and how many ppl will preorder on epic but we will never know the truth.
My copy of EpicStockWarrior5 was a gift from my good friend and I refunded it anyway, can't support such shady company & their shady practices even with my friends money heh.

Edited by Kell Aset, 06 September 2019 - 01:50 PM.

#1363 Rojar Paren

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:36 AM

jingles saw the light..2020 here we come (maybe)

he says he waited 17 years and has no problem waiting 18.. you go man.. and I hope every one of your followers: follows.

just as an aside: I havent had the heart to login again to mwo since this storm blew up.. dunno if I ever will even though I REALLY did like the marauder IIs..damn..

Edited by Rojar Paren, 09 September 2019 - 08:39 AM.

#1364 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:20 AM

Over NINE HUNDRED games released on steam during a one month period... gee... i wonder why so many developers might want to use Epic instead.

#1365 Rojar Paren

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:30 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 18 September 2019 - 04:20 AM, said:

Over NINE HUNDRED games released on steam during a one month period... gee... i wonder why so many developers might want to use Epic instead.

If they had kept their promises to us about where we would get what we had purchased none of this would have been an issue.

Exclusive deals are BAD. On this issue there is no discussion possible.

Anyone pushing is exclusives is screwing the buyers over, I dont care what system they use. Its why I personally will never invest in a console. Never have never will. Any game company that goes exclusive is saying "screw you all." to the pc market.

It is also why I will never buy into the farce that is apple be it cell phone, software, or computers. (come crucify me and I will laugh as you all illustrate your ignorance of an open ecology. I will laugh at anyone who does.)

Edited by Rojar Paren, 19 September 2019 - 10:31 AM.

#1366 Odiesel

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 10:11 AM

Just got back to working non-insane hours and found out MW5 will release through epic.
I'm not wading through the shi$%y comments and flamewar nonsense and my question is will my prepurchase be honoured?
If a link is provided and I get my game, no problem.
My son is convinced EPIC will act like mobile game platforms and make it pay-to-win and I won't pay a subscription service just to play a game I own.

#1367 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 11:18 AM

Its single player so no pay to win

You won't pay a subscription service, its an off line single player game, once installed you dont need to use the epic launcher

Check MW5 website when the times right, their should be information there about accessing the game.
Not long now...barring additional delays.

#1368 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 October 2019 - 12:13 PM

View PostOdiesel, on 26 October 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

Just got back to working non-insane hours and found out MW5 will release through epic.
I'm not wading through the shi$%y comments and flamewar nonsense and my question is will my prepurchase be honoured?
Only via Epic store. No backer-only steam version, no backer-only DRM free version either.

My son is convinced EPIC will act like mobile game platforms and make it pay-to-win and I won't pay a subscription service just to play a game I own.
That's one thing you don't need to worry about, since the game will not have any PVP. Single-player and 2-4 player PVE co-op only.

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 26 October 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

You won't pay a subscription service, its an off line single player game, once installed you dont need to use the epic launcher
1. True.
2. It's single player with co-op PVE. No PVP.
3. Or so Russ says. Unfortunately, we have no way to verify that in advance

#1369 mxs

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 October 2019 - 10:21 AM

So, MechWarrior 5 is strictly PVE? I didn't know that. I'll wait and see what the reviews are like. Not sure I want to pay for it without trying it first. God only knows (not my wife) how much money I've spent on MWO.

#1370 MrStude2r5

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:38 PM

Just tried the new Mech 5 Beta / early access. No Hotas support, my X52 does not work at all, yet it works very well in MWO Online. WTF. Can anybody chime in to see if any HOTAS support is working in the beta / early access??

Edited by MrStude2r5, 27 November 2019 - 07:39 PM.

#1371 MrStude2r5

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:47 PM

Anyone got any news as to why the X52 or HOTAS does not work at all in the Early Access for MechWarrior 5?? What a let down, yet it works flawlessly in MWO Online...….wtf

#1372 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:54 PM

Don't spam the MWO forum, check the discord. There's a vivid discussion in the beta-feedback-channel.

#1373 realWolfy

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:35 AM

Of all the game servers in all the world, they had to choose Epic. Epic failure!

#1374 Karkomak

Rookie

• The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:02 AM

DO NOT BUY MECHWARRIOR5
I have been playing MechWarrior since the DOS days when the mechs were made of green sticks. We thought it was cool when the mechs blew up and the green sticks went flying! I guess that was 40years ago? Never had any problem with MechWarrior until now. It seems Epic is the problem. I feel PGI may of let me down on this one. I am still working with Epic but its not looking good. If I cant work this out with Epic I am done with PGI. UPDATE: I looked up Epic review, its rated 85% bad / 1 star. Lets hope Epic comes through for me.
UPDATE: EPIC still working on problems, no progress so far. still cant get into MechWarrior 5. UPDATE: PGI was helpful. I got more info from PGI in one letter then I got from EPIC in 3 letters.

Edited by Karkomak, 13 December 2019 - 12:52 PM.

#1375 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:15 AM

View PostKarkomak, on 11 December 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

I have been playing MechWarrior since the DOS days when the mechs were made of green sticks. We thought it was cool when the mechs blew up and the green sticks went flying! I guess that was 40years ago? Never had any problem with MechWarrior until now. It seems Epic is the problem. I feel PGI may of let me down on this one. I am still working with Epic but its not looking good. If I cant work this out with Epic I am done with PGI. update: I looked up Epic review, its rated 85% bad / 1 star. Lets hope Epic comes through for me.

All this "Epic MIMIMIMI"... lol
I need it to install and update the game, like I need Ubi-launcher, Steam, Origin, Battlenet, whatever, BUT:

I do not need Epic to run in the background while I actually PLAY the game.
No "always online", like ubishit and others...

This cryin' is just "thinking from yesterday"...

For all the haters, enjoy waiting a year for Steam while it runs in the background. gg

#1376 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:29 PM

I doodled a bit with my Preorder last night . The Devs did a good job on making me feel like i pilot a giant mech .

Still need to tweak my video cut scenes .

#1377 Thanassis79

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 101 posts
  • LocationAntwerp

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:40 PM

no Steam, no money

#1378 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 December 2019 - 05:25 AM

View PostUnleashed3k, on 11 December 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

I do not need Epic to run in the background while I actually PLAY the game.
In the mean time, I've seen a few reports of the game refusing to run without Epic's launcher and one of the game refusing to run even with said launcher.

#1379 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 December 2019 - 02:14 AM

View PostHorseman, on 28 July 2019 - 12:42 AM, said:

View PostShadowViper70, on 27 July 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

Unless you are doing co-op and even that can be done without Epic using per to pre, Once you down load it you can close or uninstall Epic's launcher. The game is solo play and need no internet connection.

According to a guy who misled us all of us about the game multiple times. If he is wrong about this, you won't find out until it's too late to refund.
Called it.

View PostKifter, on 10 December 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

I've purchased through the Epic Store which will not allow the game to be launched through the MechWarrior.exe or MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe file - 'Could not verify production ownership. Please ensure you launch the game through Epic Games Launcher and have a working internet connection.'

#1380 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:24 AM

View PostHorseman, on 16 December 2019 - 02:14 AM, said:

Called it.

I thought so initially, too. Until I found out: It works. You just have to the EGL up the first time you run the game through the .exe from the installation directory. No online functionality, ofc, which means your Pilot will be named "257" and the likes.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users