Mwo Is In A Really Bad Shape Player Wise

140 replies to this topic

#1 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:36 AM

Jarl's has updated their global stats and this is the result for the player count:
https://leaderboard.isengrim.org/stats

Posted Image

I thought it would be bad but not this bad to be honest.
MWO is in a really bad shape player wise... Posted Image

F

Edited by Antares102, 01 September 2019 - 09:38 AM.

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:10 AM

Why did you edit the graph to ad the drop to zero line? Isn't it bad enough without adding that?

#3 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:11 AM

Hm seems like they have updated the database.
The big drop is no longer present. The entire August is missing now.

View PostBombast, on 01 September 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

Why did you edit the graph to ad the drop to zero line? Isn't it bad enough without adding that?

Uhm.. that was a screenshot.I did not add that drop myself.
As i said the drop is gone now.

Now it looks like this:
Posted Image

Edited by Antares102, 01 September 2019 - 10:12 AM.

#4 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:32 AM

Meh. We all knew this was the most likely way the game would end. The game has been bleeding off players over the entire time that they have made player data publicly available. The hickups of interest that occured with various changes were never going to overcome that overall negative trend, especially given that those "hickups" of interest/population recover always followed a plummet in numbers once the disappointment to a given change, set in. It was inevitable that at some point it would become untenable to get regular matches. PGI's historic indifference to that trend of loss, and Russ's statements of late, regarding the game's here on out, effective, maintenence mode (not to mention the whole EPIC mess) has just accelerated the coming of the end a little bit.

I suspect many of us will keep playing until our own personal triggers regarding wait times, match quality, etc. are pulled or the servers are officially shut down. That "end" isn't here yet, but it's coming. Nothing to worry about. Just enjoy it while you can.

#5 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:35 AM

I played twice since early May, I was heavily intoxicated both times and thats probably the only way to get me back into it.

#6 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:55 AM

This is sad. I have taken a brake to finaly finish some other games and do something different but I hoped then when I return that there would still be an MWO.

About the change in Jarls page...could it be that they pulled the wrong data file and corrected that later on?

Edited by Nesutizale, 01 September 2019 - 11:56 AM.

#7 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:07 PM

Scurro (guy who made Jarl's) informed that season 37 data is borked ..

#8 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:12 PM

View PostSsamout, on 01 September 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

Scurro (guy who made Jarl's) informed that season 37 data is borked ..

Ah ok thanks. Then it makes sense.

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 01:04 PM

im still waiting for that fp event pgi said was coming.

#10 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 01:08 PM

View PostToothless, on 01 September 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

I played twice since early May, I was heavily intoxicated both times and thats probably the only way to get me back into it.

weed helps

#11 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 01 September 2019 - 01:20 PM

Not that surprised since they do nothing to even retain the few active players. Outside of some sales or events there is nothing to get or keep people interested in mwo. Guess that E-sport sorlais rebranding from a team based shooter to a 1vs1 and 2vs2 paid off. But what would a founder that's been here for seven years know? Join me on my Island for I have free beer. I won't go into the cw-epic messes. Just google that. What a shame I can't even play with family except for privet lobby to have any fun since they casual are very not into mwo or mechs.

#12 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 01 September 2019 - 03:12 PM

PGI broke leaderboards with their pokemech update. You can see it through the profile.
But population steadily decreases, yes.

Even booze doesn't help much anymore.
I don't know what i'm waiting for here. A few more empty patches? A sudden delivery of "the Year of Faction Play"? Oh, dammit.

#13 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 03:16 PM

Organising private matches seams to be the way to go, as it sounds, when you want some interesting matches it. That is if you can find enough people on your friendslist or the forums. Don't know is there an MWO Discord channel? Might as well be a source.

Well since PGI seams to have decided to go into silent mode until MW5 is out the door we have some month to wait until we might hear something interesting about MWO I guess.

#14 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 03:51 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 01 September 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

weed helps

I agree.

Only caveat being it is requiring increasingly more for it to be as effective.

#15 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 01 September 2019 - 04:04 PM

Back when the game was in closed beta it was said that (not an exact quote) " MWO will never be about go here and cap this" But that is all MWO has ever been. While the combat is good the game modes are very lazy. Back when they first started to appear I wrongly assumed that the game modes were place holders until more assets could be added. I was wrong.

The now missing turrets on the base assault mode were a step in the right direction. Shame they didn't continue on that path of making the game more dynamic. Fighting over progress bar capture points that offer no advantage for either side gets boring.

Edited by Kaptain, 01 September 2019 - 04:07 PM.

#16 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 04:05 PM

View PostKaptain, on 01 September 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

Back when the game was in closed beta it was said that (not an exact quote) " MWO will never be about go here and cap this" But that is all MWO has ever been. While the combat is good the game modes are very lazy. Back when they first started to appear I wrongly assumed that the game modes were place holders until more assets could be added but I was wrong.

The now missing turrets on the base assault mode were a step in the right direction. Shame.

They were supposed to be placeholders. Then Russ & Co. decided they preferred to just keep the returns from whales spending money instead of investing in the product in any meaningful way.

#17 Tsukimi

• PipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 36 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 September 2019 - 04:59 PM

I was playing a fair bit from mid March to Mid April for the events. hit a bit of a burn out after the MAD II event wrapped up and had other games running more valuable rewards from events until mid August. So my game time was eaten up getting the most rewarding events in the 15 or so games that I play.

When there is a mech to be earned I try and grind out that event. During the summer Star Trek online has their summer event for earning a free endgame ship, plus a couple weeks of an overlapping event for rewards that I wanted. Warframe had a few limited time items unvaulted plus a couple other events running. Fallout 76 had Meat week and a double xp week. Then there was Black Dessert Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, World of Tanks, Dauntless and a few other games that have had slightly more rewarding events vs grinding time compared to the MWO events over the summer.

Factor in the MW5 Epic store thing and the slowing down of mech packs and pretty much being in "maintenance mode" as people are calling it due to no new mechs announced since the Dervish, no news on the annual customer appreciation program for 2019, the last 2 updates more or less just being bug fixes and not really "content" updates. (New season of Solaris and and adjustments to Faction play adjustments don't count as content updates) Just a bit hard to get motivated to play a game that feels like the devs have pretty much given up on while they work on the MW5 release.

The current sale is half tempting me to either upgrade my Orion IIC tier of the Origin IIC pack to the Highlander tier or buy a Warhammer IIC bundle plus been wanting the Hatamoto-chi bundle for a while but as things sit I am not sure how worthwhile it is to buy them currently. If there was news on the Customer appreciation program still being ran this year I am sure a few other people like me would buy a couple packs or upgrade some of their existing packs right now as it would show that the devs do plan on keeping the going for a while yet. But the last couple months is showing otherwise.

#18 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 05:01 PM

2016: Blah blah, numbers diving, game is dead.

2019: Blah blah, numbers diving, game is dead.

MechWarrior 5: Blah blah, Epic ruined the game, game is dead.

3035: Blah blah, steroids aren't working, **** stuck in toaster, send help.

#19 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:47 PM

We just completed 37, not 36...something is off

These are not updated stats yet

Edited by Surn, 01 September 2019 - 08:54 PM.

#20 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:58 PM

View PostSurn, on 01 September 2019 - 08:47 PM, said:

We just completed 37, not 36...something is off

These are not updated stats yet

Reading this thread might help...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users