Mwo 2019 Rewards Program Cupcake And Decal Update!

130 replies to this topic

#41 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:27 AM

I'd laugh at this, but its gone beyond ridiculous now.

#42 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:00 AM

Thanks for the reward ish.... Even if they are a little lacklustre.

This basically points out that the game is nearing the end of the road. No real incentive to keep playing.

#43 Moochachoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:47 AM

I don’t fully understand the top tier collection requirement, so I’m guessing it’s not enough to just own the required collection, but it must also be purchased after November 13th, 2018?

#44 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:00 AM

We all knew there would be no loyalty mechs this year.

Matt please rethink this years rewards programm being limited to a purchase date. Devolton, a legendary founder, gets punished for buying all your stuff? My Solaris 7 pack doesn´t count cause i bought it when it came out? Let´s be honest, a lot of people, who supported MWO for years with real money, stopped spending money when they realized PGI is busy with MW5 and doesn´t have time or staff for MWO anymore. The year of Faction Play ended in a disaster. All those lies about Epic exclusive. And now a reward program without new mechs for people who still spended money in 2019 only?
What do you say? Let´s give the people one last big reward for supporting MWO all these years, before the curtain closes next year.

#45 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:28 AM

PGI could have easily conjured new variants, reusing existing models.

IS:
Light - Commando 5S (same as 2D, but with SSRM quirks)
Medium - Wolverine 6M (6K variant with JJ and armour quirks)
Heavy - Grand Dragon DRG-5K (your usual Dragon, but with energy right arm - no modelling required, since Flame hero mech have it already modelled)
Assault - Banshee 5S (same hardpoints as 3S, sniper quirks).

Clans:
Just cobble together some P omnipods, for unpopular mechs.. You have enough hardpoints modelled to combine something new.

Even without unique skins, this would be better than pissing on previous loyal customers, giving away their reward mechs.

#46 3m2oo5

• Pip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPL

Keep spending my money on MWO... Seems I`m eligible for all of 2019 rewards..

I haven`t been here for a month or so - whats the current status of overall future? Would MWO servers be shut down in nearby future?

I really like playing that game from time to time :)

Its really enjoyable with joystick + mouse combo :)

#47 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

View PostKuaron, on 19 September 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

How to best tell players that their product is end of life and they should stop investing.

My thoughts excatly!

#48 CHAOS Ward

• PipPip
  • The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:19 AM

Always love free stuff, never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Thanks for the free hero mechs, love 'em

Edited by CHAOS Ward, 20 September 2019 - 08:49 AM.

#49 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:19 AM

I'm always happy to get free stuff. Posted Image

#50 Myj

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 47 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:09 AM

All the stuff you all purchased before Nov 2018 you got rewards for last year. That's why they don't count this year. You were already rewarded for them, you don't get rewarded again unless you buy more.

That said, it does feel weird since they haven't released much, lol. But, still stands you've already been rewarded for the purchases. You can't forget about the rewards you've already received for those purchases just because you see new stuff a year later and feel like you deserve that, too.

Edited by Myj, 20 September 2019 - 07:10 AM.

#51 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:39 AM

View PostLordLosh, on 20 September 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

My thoughts excatly!

I don’t even mind getting a 2015 (L) Mech instead of a completely new one because I didn’t join the game until 2016 anyway.
But I feel that the impression of MWO fading out is a major problem of this game since last spring, and if there was a way to make it worse, PGI just found it.

Speaking of 2015 loyalty Mechs:
https://mwomercs.com...y-program-mechs

Anything useful amongst them, preferably on the standard level?
I see a jumping Cicada, a Wolverine with MASC and a Nova I don’t see any reason to exist of.

#52 Therrinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 197 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:44 AM

I know its probably off limits, but I'd love to be able to get a project phoenix Battlemaster :'D

#53 Battle-mage

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:48 AM

New to the game this year. Is there anything on the list that is a must have? Or is there somewhere to see how the mechs are configured/painted?

#54 Wild_Alaskan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 159 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:07 AM

View PostBattle-mage, on 20 September 2019 - 08:48 AM, said:

New to the game this year. Is there anything on the list that is a must have? Or is there somewhere to see how the mechs are configured/painted?

https://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ is a great resource for seeing stock loadouts and testing new builds before actually doing them in-game.

As for the must-haves, there's quite a few, but they're not worth purchasing the packs just to get one mech for free. If you want to purchase one of the packs for the pack itself, then by all means go ahead. However, purchasing even a small amount of MC will get you one of the free lights and that might be worth it. In that case, I'd recommend the Oxide, Pirate's Bane, and K-9.

Edited by Wild_Alaskan, 20 September 2019 - 09:12 AM.

#55 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:35 AM

And for Clan lights probably the Purifier.

Also:
MechDB
Newer alternative to Smurfy.

#56 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 11:02 AM

Nothing new? So You, dear Matt +Co going to say you're all so busy, so have no time to make new variant of existing chassis?.. Don't tell me it'll take a whole week to make few (8, to be correct) new mech' variants! Don't tell me "we are so bisy with MW5 so have absolutely no time for MWO". Becouse after You failed with MWO, there are more players who cares about MWO then about "unknown" MW5... Because MW5 is going to fail same way as MWO - a lot of promises but very low result. Sad to say this here, in "Anniversary" topic but it's all what I'm thinking about it. I'll get no rewards this year? Ok, fine, because there are NO REWARDS this year. Some of us here, with MWO, for 6 years and You reward them (us) this way? Keep yours rewards this time, we all understand that You, dear devs, don't care about us at all, and cares only about that "unknow" MW5 (because no one know how many players will play in it).

P.S. Make a decal instead cockpit standing? seriously?.. eh.. yes-yes "make a cockpit standing is more time-wasted then make a decal, so since we all are busy with MW5 we can't waste time for cockpit standings for MWO"... You think there are a lot who will believe in this?..

P.P.S. And make "special" variants available is a terrible fail.

Edited by Pz_DC, 20 September 2019 - 11:09 AM.

#57 Sabertooth1966

• PipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:37 PM

Thank you Matt for getting them to let you put at least something together for us. I, at least, appreciate that. It would of been nice if somebody could of gotten one of the art guy's / gal's to take last years cupcake and change the 5 to a 6 but...

I picked up the K9 and golden boy. I been looking at those trash cans and this let me get one of the better ones. As for the golden boy, it's old but I couldn't pass up the potential damage it can put out for it's size.

#58 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:19 PM

In the drop-down selection menu the WVR-7D is listed without its (L).
Does one still get the (L) variant or is this more than a mistype in the menu?

#59 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:22 PM

View PostHorseman, on 20 September 2019 - 02:58 AM, said:

You got the preorder bonus variants for the first wave preorders (admittedly, people who cancelled still got those as well)

its not like i didnt drop a sizable quantity of money on a pgi product. i even let them keep it after they lied to me. if thats not loyalty idk what is.

#60 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:36 PM

Loyalty rewards are to encourage spending in the qualifying period. Its nice that this year its nearly instant injection for the chosen hero/loyalty mechs if you already qualified for them, as well as being offered a choice. It would be nice if they offered the (S) version mechs from previous mech packs also for the choices. I could always use another cyclops covered in eyeballs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users