Mwo 2019 Rewards Program Cupcake And Decal Update!

130 replies to this topic

#81 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:28 AM

View PostAurimortia, on 22 September 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

What about Clan Heroes and Clan Heroes II? I'd buy one Hero mech, but these packs aren't listed. Make things clear, please.

They are. Third-to-last entry on the clan standard list. "Any wave 1 or wave 2 or IIC hero mech"

#82 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:27 AM

@ Wishmast3r und
Mighty Spike

Edited by Kinski Orlawisch, 22 September 2019 - 11:28 AM.

#83 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:56 AM

And once again, the sacred tradition of ******* over loyalist players continues with the insistence that they need to buy **** from the other side just to qualify for a reward. I've dealt with this for half a decade, but after the MW5 thing, I'm starting to really lose my patience with you guys.

You don't want me to, say, drop another $80 on a top-tier IS pack instead of a Clan one to qualify for the reward, having spent the same total amount of money in the end? Fine. I don't have to. It's not like there isn't stuff for me to waste my money on in other games; I don't care that much.

But maybe you don't care either, seeing as how you can't even get someone to spend a few minutes making this year's cockpit item, a process that can't take one person more than an hour with asset reuse. Hell, even a placeholder item with the promise of fleshing it out later would suffice, and do wonders for not breaking tradition and continuity.

But you can't, because you're running this ship with a skeleton crew, aren't you? You've overreached and overextended, and despite MWO being one of the more profitable F2P games per capita (I can see what mechs people use each round, and did the math), you're going to have to shut this **** down sooner rather than later, like some kind of fly-by-night, generic Chinese MMORPG.

This isn't the market speaking; this is what mismanagement looks like.

#84 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:00 PM

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 22 September 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

@ Wishmast3r und
Mighty Spike

Nope eher das

Edited by Mighty Spike, 22 September 2019 - 12:01 PM.

#85 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:34 PM

View PostMighty Spike, on 22 September 2019 - 01:18 AM, said:

Lol,they dont have to give anything, so be happy that they dont give you only a wet handshake and just say thx for buying our stuff...
amusing how people think they have to become something as a thx for buying stuff in the game they like play.

That "I have to become"mentality from the generations after mine gets on my nerves

give me a break, actually i am just happy we still have a server, i thought it would be cool if maybe they gave us the mw5 marauder or catapult, no reason to be a troll to someone who has played and supported the game since beta

Edited by GargoyleVine, 22 September 2019 - 12:35 PM.

#86 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:45 PM

View PostGargoyleVine, on 22 September 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

give me a break, actually i am just happy we still have a server, i thought it would be cool if maybe they gave us the mw5 marauder or catapult, no reason to be a troll to someone who has played and supported the game since beta

n.p. i also suported the game since CB and iam just annoyed by that " I HAVE TO BECOME" this and that for doing this and that mentality from many people. . That doesnt target explicit you.
They buyed something, they got it, So what? 7years around here and still have fun with the game,also leaved a lot of money here, why? I like the game and wanted to bring it forward.
No one said i have to leave money here so why i should become anything else then he ability to play the game for my own decision to suport it and buying somehing that I wanted?
The loyality thingy and xmas goodys are voluntary by pgi,they dont have to do it.but they do it, if thats not enough for some people okay,definatly their problem not PGI´s..

So,Peace iam outa here

#87 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 04:38 PM

Hätte nicht gedacht, dass im Westen irgendwo Englisch noch so schlecht unterrichtet wird/wurde.
Nem mittelalten Ossi, der noch Russisch lernen musste, hätte ich das nachgesehen.

Whatever.
If you establish a tradition, people expect it to continue. If you one day tell them that they are not as important any more for you to invest the effort, they will be less than thankful for getting "at least something".
It's not a generation question.

Edited by Kuaron, 22 September 2019 - 04:38 PM.

#88 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 September 2019 - 04:45 PM

View PostKuaron, on 22 September 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

Hätte nicht gedacht, dass im Westen irgendwo Englisch noch so schlecht unterrichtet wird/wurde.
Nem mittelalten Ossi, der noch Russisch lernen musste, hätte ich das nachgesehen.

Whatever.
If you establish a tradition, people expect it to continue. If you one day tell them that they are not as important any more for you to invest the effort, they will be less than thankful for getting "at least something".
It's not a generation question.

And especially if you wait until the tradition is due to come out again, THEN say "oh by the way...". It goes over much better for them to say early "we're really grateful, and really sorry, but this year's will be the last year".

#89 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:39 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 22 September 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

The loyality thingy and xmas goodys are voluntary by pgi,they dont have to do it.but they do it, if thats not enough for some people okay,definatly their problem not PGI´s..

PGI is a business, not a charity; their actions are guided by hard economic interests. Full stop. That explicitly includes the loyalty rewards which serve as an incentive to keep playing and spending money. It is a very common strategy in sales (and business in general). Sorry to burst your bubble: it is all about making money; PGI is not just handling out 'free stuff' because they feel like it.
TANSTAAFL

The deliberate devaluation of the rewards is also guided by hard economic interests; in this case PGI's focus on MW:5. As such they apparently fail to incentivise many players who, being customers, are actually doing PGI a favour voicing their discontent instead of just walking away in silence.

#90 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:54 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 23 September 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

PGI is a business, not a charity; their actions are guided by hard economic interests. Full stop. That explicitly includes the loyalty rewards which serve as an incentive to keep playing and spending money. It is a very common strategy in sales (and business in general). Sorry to burst your bubble: it is all about making money; PGI is not just handling out 'free stuff' because they feel like it.
TANSTAAFL

The deliberate devaluation of the rewards is also guided by hard economic interests; in this case PGI's focus on MW:5. As such they apparently fail to incentivise many players who, being customers, are actually doing PGI a favour voicing their discontent instead of just walking away in silence.

If more people would understand this, we wouldn´t have the situation in the video game industry that we have now.
Thank you for your reply.

#91 PiratexCore

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:58 AM

Got a reply back from support and they have fixed the issue.

Greetings,
Yes, indeed there was an issue with the Annual 'Mech selection and instead of the WVR-7D (L) the Cbill variant was available in our selection. That has been corrected now. We have gone ahead and reset the selection for the Inner Sphere reward for you so you can choose the Loyalty variant. You can keep the standard variant already delivered to your account.

Regards,

GM Patience
Senior Customer Support Rep
Piranha Games

Edited by PiratexCore, 23 September 2019 - 07:59 AM.

#92 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:34 AM

There's no reason they cannot just release a non-loyalty camo version of the previous loyalty mechs with an (S) designation for the cbill bonus. Same builds. Just plain camo like the non-loyalty variants. And thus NOT piss off the people who earned them previously in the correct loyalty years. Otherwise they might as well release sarah's jenner again, or put the gold mechs back up for sale also.

#93 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:14 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 23 September 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

There's no reason they cannot just release a non-loyalty camo version of the previous loyalty mechs with an (S) designation for the cbill bonus. Same builds. Just plain camo like the non-loyalty variants. And thus NOT piss off the people who earned them previously in the correct loyalty years. Otherwise they might as well release sarah's jenner again, or put the gold mechs back up for sale also.

I'd love to get a free Gold 'mech. That'd really piss off the people who actually forked over $500 for one. I want to complete my 'mech collections. :)

#94 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:07 PM

View PostPiratexCore, on 21 September 2019 - 06:44 AM, said:

I sent out the email last night, though it is the weekend now so I'm honestly not expecting to get any replies until Monday.

Will update here though when I get a reply.

For the rest of us still receiving the Mech, they fixed it to the (L) variant by now, I just tried and got the correct one.

#95 Aurimortia

• Pip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:58 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 22 September 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

They are. Third-to-last entry on the clan standard list. "Any wave 1 or wave 2 or IIC hero mech"

Oh, thanx! I misread 'or' as 'of'.

#96 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for the rewards and it is a very good idea to give all a chance to use exclusive mechs. No use keeping all those special mechs hidden when most of the folks that complain about them staying exclusive, aren't around to say it is too easy to collect mechs and skill them up.

Want to really shake things up? Add re-spawn as vote selection to QP. That would stop the Nascar at the drop zones. ;)

or force them to see the error in their ways and team up for Faction. Posted Image

#97 RRAMIREZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 183 posts
  • LocationIn the Blob

Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:04 AM

I'm so happy to get the loyalty Griffin... The paint job is sooo cool.
In addition, i'll have to really scratch myhead to find a build for it... And that s cool.

I wouldn't have buy it, but as reward, i m happy with that

My 2 cts

#98 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:45 AM

View PostRRAMIREZ, on 26 September 2019 - 03:04 AM, said:

I'm so happy to get the loyalty Griffin... The paint job is sooo cool.
In addition, i'll have to really scratch myhead to find a build for it... And that s cool.

I wouldn't have buy it, but as reward, i m happy with that

My 2 cts

4ac2s in the Right arm and you have the perfect nascar mech.

#99 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 26 September 2019 - 05:56 AM

View PostPaul Meyers DEST, on 26 September 2019 - 04:45 AM, said:

4ac2s in the Right arm and you have the perfect nascar mech.

Bro, can it even walk? Posted Image

I had to mutilate mine into LGR + 2ERLL sniper, but IMHO MRM40 + MGs/LMGs would be the best to make use of bonus.

#100 RRAMIREZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 183 posts
  • LocationIn the Blob

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:46 AM

Thx for your reply guys :)

If I remeber correctly, the 4 ac2s was on a TTB german mechgeniering episode… at least that's there that I saw the paint job.
I'll defenetly try this build at some point, but most likely I will grind with MRM + HPPC + MG.

sorry for if it's a bit off topic.

By the way, I will also undust my loyalty centurion…

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users