Mwo 2019 Rewards Program Cupcake And Decal Update!

130 replies to this topic

#61 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:54 PM

Heck, while they're at it, maybe they should make the Gold 'mechs available for anyone who wants them, too. Now that I can see what 'mechs I don't have, those Gold 'mechs are blemishing my otherwise complete 'mech collections. :)

#62 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:31 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 20 September 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

Heck, while they're at it, maybe they should make the Gold 'mechs available for anyone who wants them, too. Now that I can see what 'mechs I don't have, those Gold 'mechs are blemishing my otherwise complete 'mech collections. :)

At the very least Chrome so I can shout the Terminator theme over the Mike in my Atlas!

DUDDUD DUD DUDDUD!

#63 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:10 PM

View Postingramli, on 19 September 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

and reward....25GSP?

When skill tree first got dropped into MWO I maxed out the GSP on a mech or two just to see if that gave any hidden buffs.
Afterwards putting 91 GSP into each new mech was boring and took a break for a month or two. Returned to find (after some trial and error) that putting 25 GSP on a new mech was just the right balance where a new mech wasn't such and under-performing liability but not op and having to actually play MWO to max a Mechs skill tree became a thing.
I assume PGI found the same thing independently, that players who always instantly put 91 SP on a mech aren't playing as many matches as players who only put a smaller amount on, thereby giving 25 GSP might keep more players dropping into matches to get cbills, XP, GXP, etc.

View PostCh_R0me, on 19 September 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

What a shame that pre-ordering the actual Mw5 (and keeping it) doesn't qualify (I meant MC's, because Marauder II is being counted, but per se)... Posted Image

I believe PGI's choosing to not allow MAD II to qualify is a clear indication that the majority of players requested their preorder refunded.

#64 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:15 PM

700+ of 10k, IIRC.

#65 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:31 PM

utterly underwhelming, which is pretty much all we can expect from PGI now.

It's sad that they think this is a reward of any merit.

#66 PiratexCore

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:20 PM

View PostKuaron, on 20 September 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

In the drop-down selection menu the WVR-7D is listed without its (L).
Does one still get the (L) variant or is this more than a mistype in the menu?

It should be the Loyalty version, but it gave me the non-loyalty one instead. Which is annoying because I already own the non-loyalty one, and I picked the loyalty one so I could run it and have the c-bill bonus.

Guess I'll have to message support.

#67 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:06 PM

What I was afraid of.

View PostPiratexCore, on 20 September 2019 - 08:20 PM, said:

Guess I'll have to message support.

Would you, and tell us when this is fixed?

#68 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:16 PM

Thanks PGI.

For something you didn't have to do.

#69 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:31 PM

So much for "unique" appearances that were only available once. It was nice having a few Mech appearances that the majority of players did not have.

#70 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:23 AM

BUT if/when MW5 flops due to being too annoying and restrictive to be an enjoyable single player mechwarrior/battletech experience they'll need MWO again to keep the wolf from the door. So y7 rewards will not exist or be good again? Posted Image

edit - also a little cranky over the previous loyalty mechs being given away... those y1 loyalties lost their exclusivity and "ooh" factor (you know, loading in to a match and being like "ooh, a loyalty king crab! a y1 player!"

Edited by n00biwan, 21 September 2019 - 05:25 AM.

#71 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:12 AM

This is sad. They're realy staying their "no new content" course, not even new variants for the loyalty program.

#72 PiratexCore

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:44 AM

View PostKuaron, on 20 September 2019 - 10:06 PM, said:

What I was afraid of.

Would you, and tell us when this is fixed?

I sent out the email last night, though it is the weekend now so I'm honestly not expecting to get any replies until Monday.

Will update here though when I get a reply.

#73 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:06 AM

View PostFupDup, on 19 September 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

No new variants. Posted Image That was the whole fun of the rewards program.

Don't worry! Russ said MW5 would not take away development manpower from MWO remember? So obviously, this is a prank. I mean, he wouldn't lie to us after all, pfft...

#74 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:53 PM

To get the one loyalty mech I didn't get (Cicada)... or to get one of the newer medium heroes that I don't already have...

#75 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:56 PM

View PostDakkalistic, on 21 September 2019 - 06:12 AM, said:

This is sad. They're realy staying their "no new content" course, not even new variants for the loyalty program.

Considering that they are crunching an already twice post-poned game with a new "you must release at this date" stipulation as part of the Epic exclusive detail and influx of cash from it...

I'd say it is understandable.
Now after MW5 is released and they stay that no new content course... then feel free to hand out the pitch forks. If you need more of them, well I've got a shed out back filled with them from the last few times PGI got us up in arms.

#76 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:50 PM

PGI

First, no way should you be giving out the old loyalty mechs, mostly the Atlas and King Crab, they are mechs that us old and dedicated can break out when the mood hits us and when you see one you know your playing with someone that has been in the game for a long, long time and still playing, how about you show us old school players some "loyalty" and take them off the rewards! ( i don't care what your artists are working on, that is a sad excuse)
Second, after buying MC, a Corsair pack and a Marauder2 pack and a solo or two,all I qualify for is a light and a medium? dang.
GV

#77 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:31 PM

This post is to declare I've made choices and cannot change them. I'm ok with that and have joined the ranks of the "been there for a little bit".

I'm excited how my piloting skill will fare in the new chassis :)

#78 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:18 AM

View PostGargoyleVine, on 21 September 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

PGI

First, no way should you be giving out the old loyalty mechs, mostly the Atlas and King Crab, they are mechs that us old and dedicated can break out when the mood hits us and when you see one you know your playing with someone that has been in the game for a long, long time and still playing, how about you show us old school players some "loyalty" and take them off the rewards! ( i don't care what your artists are working on, that is a sad excuse)
Second, after buying MC, a Corsair pack and a Marauder2 pack and a solo or two,all I qualify for is a light and a medium? dang.
GV

Lol,they dont have to give anything, so be happy that they dont give you only a wet handshake and just say thx for buying our stuff...
amusing how people think they have to become something as a thx for buying stuff in the game they like play.

That "I have to become"mentality from the generations after mine gets on my nerves

Edited by Mighty Spike, 22 September 2019 - 01:39 AM.

#79 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:29 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 23 September 2019 - 06:25 AM.
unconstructive, replies removed

#80 Aurimortia

• Pip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 22 September 2019 - 06:36 AM

What about Clan Heroes and Clan Heroes II? I'd buy one Hero mech, but these packs aren't listed. Make things clear, please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users