How Many Of You Remaining Plan To Buy Mw5?

103 replies to this topic

#1 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:44 AM

Just curious.

For myself, I've developed such a dislike for all things PGI , in particular "management", that I did not pre-order the game. The only other game that I've been involved in before that generated this amount of dislike was War Z, aka Infestation: Survivor Stories, and their shady Russian publisher Sergey Titov.

As time goes on and I've distanced myself from this game, I'm even less inclined to get it unless it gets rave reviews. No way in he11 I'd pre-purchase a product from anything RB and PGI produces because I've been around for all the grand statements and broken promises. The fact that they are Canadian, as am I, just rubs salt in the wound.

I will definitely wait. Even then I think I will wait for it be reviewed and then go on sale.

I don't really care about EPIC games and PGIs selling out. It's obvious EPIC offered them upfront money and/or guaranteed sales, which has replaced their plummeting income from milking the mechwarrior faithful and will allow them to finish the game.

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:49 AM

I’ll buy it if and when, and only if and when, someone mods it to be multiplayer. I am just not interested in a single player video game (even one with cooperative play) at this point in my life.

#3 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:54 AM

I don't even come around here much anymore, but I'd just like to acknowledge your signature quote;

"I feel like the only thing we really do, outside of our main feature development, is listen to the community.
-Russ Bullock
March 2, 2018."

Holy poop on a stick.....the guys got balls doesn't he?!!

#4 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:08 AM

I will probably buy it when exclusivity ends. If it will not be a total disaster.

But maybe not - i don't see PGI staying in business that long to renew BT license. I wouldn't be surprised if they treat MW5 from the start with same neglect as they did with MWO for the last year, and go broke before exclusivity ends.

I must admit, this year made me to grow a dislike for all things PGI, too. For me, their behaviour with MWO is unacceptable and unforgivable, and it annihilated any goodwill i still had.

But it would be fun if they turn their supposed profits from MW5 to further develop MWO. I would love that.
Though if you look at player numbers stat (we lost 10k since May, and were at 14k total for September), it will take some archmage level necromancy.

#5 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:22 AM

I already have it pre-ordered.

Next month I'll be playing the closed beta.

I'll be posting pictures of myself playing it.

In front of a mirror.

Naked.

Joking aside I'll be playing it and comment on it here. As to the Epic exclusive bit I have acquired 4 games through the Epic store and play all of them without ever opening the Epic client. I could add them to my Steam games list if I wanted. The Epic exclusive is no different than if it was only available directly from PGI.

I've had my ups and downs with PGI but MWO has given me thousands of hours of entertainment over many years. I'm expecting MW5 to be a lot of fun. I hope it gets the modding attention it deserves, as HBS Battletech has, and grows the longevity of it.

#6 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:47 AM

Nope. Maybe in a few years, but not until its cheap. I have zero interest in giving more money to PGI.

#7 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:21 AM

I keep my pre-order mainly because of laziness.
And my love of Battletech/Mechwarrior.
I've long since given up on PGI and as for Epic client meh.
I'll just hold my nose and enjoy.

#8 MadcatX

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:35 AM

I'm giving PGI the benefit of the doubt. Once it releases and if it gets good reviews, I'll pick it up.

Edited by MadcatX, 02 October 2019 - 11:35 AM.

#9 Grimm Shado

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:03 PM

I kept my MW5 pre-order. I have a big nostalgia soft spot for BT and MW and I'm hopeful MW5 could be good.
I'm emotionally OK if MW5 sucks or is mediocre . To me it's worth the $50 to get early access, get a bunch of free stuff in MWO, and support an IP I have an unreasonable attachment to.

I've gotten way more enjoyment out of MWO than I expected, given my strong dislike for PVP multiplayer and skepticism of F2P model. I super love the fact that people are releasing games in the BT universe again. I love MWO's mech artwork. I love the feel & mechanics of most of the weapons. I like the feel of the updated hud. I didn't hate the switch from "master 3" to skill tree. I didn't mind the grind to get new skills & earn money for mechs. One could pay to get skills/mechs faster if they wanted, I preferred to enjoy it mostly free doing the grind.

The things I dislike most in MWO are:
1) Abusive whiner teammates (in my experience common to PvP multiplayer games with voice comms. I'd actually say MWO is better than average.)
2) The feeling that there is a significant random element to wins & losses depending on how much the team you drop with is willing/able to communicate & cooperate.
These two keep me from playing MWO anymore, but I don't think they are PGI's fault. I don't really see how PGI could have designed MWO differently to prevent my 2 pain points while keeping the game accessible to casuals.

I've paid about $50 into MWO total from early 2016 to end of 2018, almost entirely because I enjoyed the game PGI made and thought I should give them some money for the enjoyment I received. I'd look for sales or excuses to buy something from them. I never felt like I had to buy something to enjoy the game. I don't think PGI is perfect, but it's not clear to me that some other much better dev would be doing unicorn amazing things with the MW IP if PGI never existed. I'll take the devil I know who has put out work I've gotten enjoyment from, thank you!

I preordered Overload because of a similar soft spot for Descent, and ended up not finishing the game because it got to feeling like work to get through levels. I don't regret that $25 purchase at all. I enjoyed it for a decent while and my money supported a new 6DOF game that was fun-ish.

#10 RogueDK

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:26 PM

Once its off Epic exclusive and I've seen some positive reviews... So between a year and never.

#11 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:33 PM

Kept preorder

#12 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:44 PM

Single player
PGI/Russ
Epic

Top 3 reasons why I didn't buy it (and yes, single player is a bigger problem for me than even Russ is - gotta be PvP for me). AI and NPCs are dull.

#13 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:47 PM

I had no intention of preordering MW5. With PGI's past well documented history of blatantly lying to their customers, along with their failure to deliver anything but the most basic outline of a game (MWO), I will sit on my money. IF they actually deliver MW5, and IF it's just amazing and well polished, and IF multiple 3rd party reviewers all shower it with praise, THEN I will consider buying it.

The whole Epic blowup doesn't really upset me much. I mean seriously? What's one more lie from PGI in a whole stack of lies?

I also don't believe Russ will spend one penny of that Epic money on MWO. As far as he's concerned, this game is over. "Job Done" and move on to the next one. I'm also quite sure they will treat MW5 the same way. Once it drops, that's IT. It's done and MOVE ON.

You guys seriously think they're not working on TRANSVERSE 2.0 RIGHT NOW?

THAT IS WHERE THE EPIC MONEY IS GOING.

To Transverse. No way they're not "making" that game. The same guy that's been "in charge" of making MW5 was (and still is) the guy making Transverse.

That's where you're money's going now.

#14 MadcatX

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:53 PM

View PostUnnatural Growth, on 02 October 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

You guys seriously think they're not working on TRANSVERSE 2.0 RIGHT NOW?

THAT IS WHERE THE EPIC MONEY IS GOING.

Can't say I was expecting to hear that. Is there ANYTHING to back that up?

#15 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:56 PM

Not until its on steam with full steam workshop support or mod support from a community like nexus mods on a sale on steam or though gog games. That is half my required condition to buy the game, the other half is how well the co-op works as I really wanted to get multiple copies of the game for the family. Russ decided otherwise thus far for me about spending my money on mw5 with their bait and switch exclusivity bs.

I might even "acquire" it before the epic exclusivity not spending a single penny to pgi. As far as a paying customer I won't buy from pgi,russ or paul no matter what studio they make or rename in the future. I'll play mwo til the end.

#16 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:00 PM

View PostMadcatX, on 02 October 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

Can't say I was expecting to hear that. Is there ANYTHING to back that up?

I will just say, "You heard it here first, folks".

And stand by...

#17 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:07 PM

Once is goes into Steam, then I will buy it.

#18 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:26 PM

i forgot to cancel my preorder.

#19 Ikester

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 91 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:55 PM

Patience. It keep the duct tape away from the head. I just want the digital copy and then uninstall Epic.

Now, which mech should I take down to the bikini mech wash? umm? LOL

Wishing everyone well. Posted Image

#20 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:19 PM

ill buy it when its like $10 lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users