298 replies to this topic

#81 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 2,982 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:36 PM

The weapon you should be comparing with the RAC5 is the UAC10, not UAC20. Same damage per heat, higher burst damage (you can double-tap the UAC10 to deal as much damage in under a second as the RAC5 would take 3s to deal factoring in the spin-up) and higher long-term DPS (factoring in weapon jams, the UAC10 does as much average DPS as the RAC5's peak DPS).

EDIT: That's what I get for writing when half-awake. Ignore that last bit.

Edited by Horseman, 15 January 2020 - 11:29 PM.

#82 BLOODWOLF333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:45 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 09 January 2020 - 10:40 PM, said:

Regarding unlocking more nodes, know that you can only have 91 ACTIVE skill nodes at a time. If you unlock more, you need to disable some old ones to accommodate the new nodes. At a later time, if you decide to change back, you can just swap them out. Just don't click "RESPEC". It removes all of you nodes and doesn't refund your XP. You can re-enable those nodes again for no cost but you cannot trade them for new ones. You'll still need to purchase the new ones with C-bills and XP.

I tested this and respec just unselects all the nodes of a tree but, you dont lose them or have to buy again and re-enabling them is free from what I have seen.

#83 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,842 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:10 PM

View PostBLOODWOLF333, on 14 January 2020 - 05:45 PM, said:

I tested this and respec just unselects all the nodes of a tree but, you dont lose them or have to buy again and re-enabling them is free from what I have seen.

Yes, I've already said that you can re-enable them. What Respec should ACTUALLY mean is that your previous exp should get refunded so that you can enable new nodes for free. THAT doesn't happen. So, there is no point in Respec except for disabling all the nodes while never getting any refund. You might as well buy more than 91 nodes and enable/disable anything after.

#84 BLOODWOLF333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:07 PM

Oh, ok. Yeah that kinda would be nice to get all the SP back in case I made a mistake and could redo just that tree. Like many other games allow the player to do which should be standard practice I would think but, oh well.

#85 Mech Walesa

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:33 AM

750h clocked. still not using consumables. too expensive.

#86 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:37 AM

^ You're doing something really wrong.

I had no problem affording consumables even before I had hero/cbill bonus mechs.

#87 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 4,973 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:03 PM

View PostHorseman, on 13 January 2020 - 11:36 PM, said:

(factoring in weapon jams, the UAC10 does as much average DPS as the RAC5's peak DPS).

Um... no, not by a long shot.

#88 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:33 PM

View PostMech Walesa, on 15 January 2020 - 12:33 AM, said:

750h clocked. still not using consumables. too expensive.

Everyone can do what they want....but, you are not just gimping yourself, you are gimping your team. You not being able to cool shot and thus maintain fire will cost teammates their mechs and in some matches cost you wins. Even if you don’t use Artillery, cool shots alone should earn you back most or all of the c-bill cost in the extra damage (components, kills, etc) you do.

As the saying goes: “penny wise, pound foolish”

#89 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:07 PM

Yeah consumables are pretty necessary and usually worth the cost. 2 consumables which is only 1 node is only 80k c bills and well worth the cost

#90 BLOODWOLF333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:52 PM

If Im a scout build I will have 1 UAV and 1 Coolshot on auto refill, if a fire support/sniper build will have an air strike and coolshot, and if a brawler build will do an artillery strike and coolshot. The strikes are useful for at least stopping the enemy advance or getting them to move away from a hill they keep turkey-peeking around or over if I dont actually hit any of them. I know there was some advice not to but, Im doing consumables anyways cause I am making at least 150k during a loss now so, i dont notice the expense. Got rid of the WLF-2 and GRF-2n and just have a hero and champion of each weight class now.

And I noticed while spectating, why do so many people play zoomed in constantly? It's annoying to spectate for one and you get tunnel-vision (while they are being timid in their assault mech hiding behind a rock at x2 zoom not noticing a raven flanking or stabbing them in the back for a kill).

Edited by BLOODWOLF333, 15 January 2020 - 01:53 PM.

#91 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,842 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:12 PM

View PostBLOODWOLF333, on 15 January 2020 - 01:52 PM, said:

And I noticed while spectating, why do so many people play zoomed in constantly?

Have you noticed someone who has put 5 ERMLs and 2 LRM20 in the same weapon group and chainfire? I'd rather watch someone who's zoomed in.

#92 Horseman

• 2,982 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:04 AM

View PostNightbird, on 15 January 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

Um... no, not by a long shot.
You're right, I don't know WTF I was thinking when I wrote that part.
Still... being able to hammer out a 40-point burst in a relatively tight spread, GTFO and repeat beats having to keep a stream of fire on target for several consecutive seconds and spreading the damage all over the target. :P

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 15 January 2020 - 12:33 PM, said:

Everyone can do what they want....but, you are not just gimping yourself, you are gimping your team. You not being able to cool shot and thus maintain fire will cost teammates their mechs and in some matches cost you wins. Even if you don’t use Artillery, cool shots alone should earn you back most or all of the c-bill cost in the extra damage (components, kills, etc) you do.
Truth. Consumables are something you take to help you out of a tight spot, but taking them doesn't mean you must spend them every match (doing that is in fact a tactical error).

View PostBLOODWOLF333, on 15 January 2020 - 01:52 PM, said:

If Im a scout build I will have 1 UAV and 1 Coolshot on auto refill, if a fire support/sniper build will have an air strike and coolshot, and if a brawler build will do an artillery strike and coolshot. The strikes are useful for at least stopping the enemy advance or getting them to move away from a hill they keep turkey-peeking around or over if I dont actually hit any of them. I know there was some advice not to but, Im doing consumables anyways cause I am making at least 150k during a loss now so, i dont notice the expense.
Generally the preferred solution is to build your aux tree with two consumable types maxed out and three consumable slots unlocked (so that you can take two of each). Most mechs will enjoy double coolshots and double arty, while lighter mechs might replace the coolshots with UAVs.

#93 BLOODWOLF333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:39 PM

So will we still get penalized for a disconnect in-game when it is the monopolistic ISP's fault? Got a new computer with the thing hardwired to the router/modem (CATVI cable) thinking that would solve my packet loss issue we keep having with Cox but, no we still have to deal with this garbage.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's kinda icy rain today but, our cable is buried and last night had no issues. Maybe their new Panoramic Technicolor is trash? https://www.cox.com/...or-cgm4141.html

#94 Horseman

• 2,982 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 January 2020 - 12:35 AM

View PostBLOODWOLF333, on 17 January 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:

So will we still get penalized for a disconnect in-game when it is the monopolistic ISP's fault?
Unfortunately yes, since on PGI's end it's impossible to tell if the ISP messed up or someone pulled out their network cable on purpose (trust me that in some games it HAS been a thing before)

#95 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,842 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:38 AM

@Bloodwolf333 :- Try tethering your mobile phone to the PC with the USB cable and enabling the hotspot. You can play MWO like that and then use the regular internet for other things.

#96 BLOODWOLF333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:31 AM

Lol this is my phone:
Posted Image

But its all working correctly now. At about 10:45 last night I ran the traceroute again and magically all the packet loss had disappeared. Makes no sense.

#97 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:48 AM

View PostBLOODWOLF333, on 18 January 2020 - 09:31 AM, said:

Lol this is my phone:
Posted Image

But its all working correctly now. At about 10:45 last night I ran the traceroute again and magically all the packet loss had disappeared. Makes no sense.

ComStar has finally brought your local Class B HPG station online.

Welcome in the future. Posted Image

Posted Image

#98 BLOODWOLF333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 18 January 2020 - 10:18 AM

Watching the MWO World Championships on YT, are air artillery strikes worthless? All I see these guys using are air and seem to be much more useful.

Edited by BLOODWOLF333, 18 January 2020 - 10:31 AM.

#99 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 10:25 AM

View PostBLOODWOLF333, on 18 January 2020 - 10:18 AM, said:

Watching the MWO World Championships on YT, are air strikes worthless? All I see these guys using are arty and seem to be much more useful.

Personally I prefer artillery strikes.

#100 BLOODWOLF333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 18 January 2020 - 10:30 AM

Oh, i just watched a video on the difference. I thought airstrikes dropped only a single bomb but, thats what they all are using in this tournament. I've never actually hung around to see what the strikes do in a fight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users