• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 03 February 2020 - 07:47 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 03 February 2020 - 06:54 AM, said:

You're wrong.

This would be making a small change to the weapon that would make sense, vs., a 90%/100% chance of explosion, regardless of charge level.

PGI doesnt have the ability to program that change regardless. Gauss has played fine for years, a lower explosion chance would be nice but not required.

Edited by Vxheous, 03 February 2020 - 07:47 AM.

#202 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 03 February 2020 - 08:39 AM

Can we just stop with weapon balance and hope instead for more maps? Pretty please? Balancing weapons and mechs hasn't taken this game anywhere except down the sink hole.

#203 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 08:43 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 03 February 2020 - 08:39 AM, said:

Can we just stop with weapon balance and hope instead for more maps? Pretty please? Balancing weapons and mechs hasn't taken this game anywhere except down the sink hole.
Many of the weapons changes only require changes to XML files. While THEORETICALLY easier than a new map, though, if we got Tera Therma classic back, that "should" be fairly easy too...

#204 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 03 February 2020 - 08:44 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 03 February 2020 - 08:43 AM, said:

Many of the weapons changes only require changes to XML files. While THEORETICALLY easier than a new map, though, if we got Tera Therma classic back, that "should" be fairly easy too...

But there's no guarantee that PGI wouldn't screw that up whereas adding a new map (new or old) would actually qualify as "Content", which this game sorely needs.

#205 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 08:56 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 03 February 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

But there's no guarantee that PGI wouldn't screw that up whereas adding a new map (new or old) would actually qualify as "Content", which this game sorely needs.
I understand what you're saying and for the most part, agree.

I'm just thinking, given that it appears that PGI doesn't want to touch weapon XML files and/or apparently lacks the ability modify code, what's the probability that they'll be able to create a new map?

How much easier and therefore more likely would it be for them to add back the original Tera Therma as, "Tera Therma - Classic"?

I'd love new content, but hell, PGI isn't even bothering to design new 'mechs, or what should be even MORE easier, give us new variants of the existing 'mechs they've already designed (something that again, just a simple XML update, something that shouldn't require new skins, art, or anything complicated).

We should be very angry at Russ about this.

#206 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 11:41 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 03 February 2020 - 06:38 AM, said:

(*) The comment I made about hit/damage registration will of course bring out the white knights to tell us that hit/damage registration is perfect...

There, I made it normal size because you're too afraid.

No one has ever said the game has perfect hitreg. No online game has perfect hitreg.

This game has really good hitreg.

#207 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:27 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 03 February 2020 - 11:41 AM, said:

There, I made it normal size because you're too afraid.

No one has ever said the game has perfect hitreg. No online game has perfect hitreg.

This game has really good hitreg.
<sigh> What is it with you and trying to make things so personal?

Wasn't being afraid, was being sarcastic.

And if you think this game has "really good hitreg" your standards are low.

It's "ok", but "really good", no, not at all.

#208 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:42 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 03 February 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

<sigh> What is it with you and trying to make things so personal?

What is it with you being continually wrong?

#209 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:57 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 03 February 2020 - 01:42 PM, said:

What is it with you being continually wrong?
You're acting quite the troll...

#210 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 03:16 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 03 February 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

&lt;sigh&gt; What is it with you and trying to make things so personal?

Wasn't being afraid, was being sarcastic.

And if you think this game has &quot;really good hitreg&quot; your standards are low.

It's &quot;ok&quot;, but &quot;really good&quot;, no, not at all.

Hit reg is quite good in this game in my experience. I only very rarely notice issues with reg and it tends to be when my connection is bad. In my experience when people have complained about hit reg and provided video evidence at least half of the examples provided appeared to be legit misses rather than reg issues. It sucks when hits don't register, but there seem to be far greater problems with the game than hit reg.

#211 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 05:01 PM

View PostBrauer, on 03 February 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

Hit reg is quite good in this game in my experience. I only very rarely notice issues with reg and it tends to be when my connection is bad. In my experience when people have complained about hit reg and provided video evidence at least half of the examples provided appeared to be legit misses rather than reg issues. It sucks when hits don't register, but there seem to be far greater problems with the game than hit reg.

I think part of it could be simply because of the amount of facetime required in this game. In faster games, if I "miss a shot" due to (actual server/client) hit reg issues, I'm not really gonna notice it that much if it's just a quick flick shot. Just like if I miss that shot due to some packet loss or whatever on my connection's end, I might not notice it.

So a lot of "HIT REG HIT REG" that people complain about is probably pretty normal for most games but just more noticeable in a game like mwo.

There's also the whole instant convergence things that is responsible for a lot of wonky misses sometimes.

Oh yeah, and all the atrocious invisible walls.

TLDR; hit reg issues happen sometimes but they aren't responsible for probably around 99% + of people's misses.

#212 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 05:15 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 03 February 2020 - 05:01 PM, said:

I think part of it could be simply because of the amount of facetime required in this game. In faster games, if I &quot;miss a shot&quot; due to (actual server/client) hit reg issues, I'm not really gonna notice it that much if it's just a quick flick shot. Just like if I miss that shot due to some packet loss or whatever on my connection's end, I might not notice it.

So a lot of &quot;HIT REG HIT REG&quot; that people complain about is probably pretty normal for most games but just more noticeable in a game like mwo.

There's also the whole instant convergence things that is responsible for a lot of wonky misses sometimes.

Oh yeah, and all the atrocious invisible walls.

TLDR; hit reg issues happen sometimes but they aren't responsible for probably around 99% + of people's misses.

If I had a choice between magically fixing all hit reg issues and magically fixing all invisible walls I think I'd go with the walls. There are sooooooo many of them on pretty much all maps. Sure as you learn where they are you can often play around them, but they really shouldn't be this bad. Not to mention the hole in the mountain on Alpine where players on the low side can't see through, but players on the high side can and both sides can shoot. I think it's like K8? But I'm naming a grid square off the top of my head and it's been over a month since worlds.

Also, I agree, reg issues happen sometimes, and I am sure they happen in all games. I could see them actually being worse in a game with lower ttk though because a shot not registering properly could be the difference between a kill and a death more often than in MWO. But in either case it sucks to see a shot not deal damage when it seemed like it should have.

#213 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:46 PM

View PostBLOODWOLF333, on 03 February 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

Last night I learned: (just the for the gate breach section)

Posted Image

Joined Ash's Discord so they've been giving me tips.

Gonna print it and hang on the wall. Those orange lines crisscrossing at the gates looks very dramaticPosted Image

#214 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 February 2020 - 07:10 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 03 February 2020 - 06:38 AM, said:

The suffer the hit registration/damage registration problems equally with all other ballistics and PPC's (*) , so "meh" there (if PGI were to suddenly perfect hit/damage registration, maybe my opinion on that would be different)

(*) The comment I made about hit/damage registration will of course bring out the white knights to tell us that hit/damage registration is perfect...

lol...

Come on, this again?

Yes hitreg occassionally fails. Does it fail anywhere near as often as you claim? No.

I mean you can watch my streams any time you want, very rarely do I have these issues.
Now I've watched your stream and seen you complain about hit-reg - when you replay the VOD, you clean miss...

Especially with that chainfiring AC2 King Crab, which misses due to how arm convergence works, again user not hit-reg.

A miss is not hit-reg issues. A miss is just a user issue. It's absurd to continually confuse the two.

#215 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 February 2020 - 07:20 PM

Ask anything you want. Everyone is there to help. You will 110% not be mislead on my discord - anyone that engages in such behaviour is stopped in their tracks immediately. A stark difference to this forum.

Of course there are many in the community who cry "Comp / Top players are toxic" blah blah... Garbage. They will help ANYONE that wants to be helped. Freely spend hours explaining and going into detail about any area of the game.

I mean yeah there was some issues circa 3-4 years ago and certain players/teams, but that is a thing of the past.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 03 February 2020 - 07:20 PM.

#216 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 07:34 PM

Posted Image

Huh, that is a really cool diagram.

Thankyou

#217 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 03 February 2020 - 08:24 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 03 February 2020 - 07:20 PM, said:

Ask anything you want. Everyone is there to help. You will 110% not be mislead on my discord - anyone that engages in such behaviour is stopped in their tracks immediately. A stark difference to this forum.

Of course there are many in the community who cry "Comp / Top players are toxic" blah blah... Garbage. They will help ANYONE that wants to be helped. Freely spend hours explaining and going into detail about any area of the game.

I mean yeah there was some issues circa 3-4 years ago and certain players/teams, but that is a thing of the past.

Yup, pretty sure I spent close to an hr chatting with Bloodwolf specifically about sulfurous as you were streaming sulfurous yesterday, which lead to those positioning pictures.

#218 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:52 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 03 February 2020 - 07:20 PM, said:

Of course there are many in the community who cry "Comp / Top players are toxic" blah blah... Garbage.

Well… If some comp/top players are enjoying chasing other players in a match (and that became their only reason to play) only because those players said what they think what is it? It's not that only top players were offended.

#219 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:34 PM

View PostBistrorider, on 04 February 2020 - 04:52 AM, said:

Well… If some comp/top players are enjoying chasing other players in a match (and that became their only reason to play) only because those players said what they think what is it? It's not that only top players were offended.

Can we get that again in English?

#220 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:51 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 04 February 2020 - 02:34 PM, said:

Can we get that again in English?

No, you can't. I'm talking BS as always.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users