Group Queue Update 2020

297 replies to this topic

#281 Slopey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:57 PM

Well the reality is I'm loving it, so I'm happy :) As I said, YMMV.

See you on the dropship!

#282 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 06:10 PM

View PostSlopey, on 15 May 2020 - 03:57 PM, said:

Well the reality is I'm loving it, so I'm happy Posted Image As I said, YMMV.

See you on the dropship!

Exactly, you got what you want at the expense of others. Shortsighted attitude, but hey, you're human. But guys like me have quit until they revert. And if they don't, we're gone. Questionable trade from a corporate perspective, but Russ has gotta Russ.

#283 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:53 AM

View PostSlopey, on 15 May 2020 - 03:43 PM, said:

I just want to pew pew in 'Mechs while we can't get out to do tabletop, so it works for me Posted Image
A small aside - while you can't get out to do tabletop in person, there are means to do it with your friends online using Megamek or the Battletech modules created for Tabletop Simulator, Roll20 or VASSAL.

#284 Niko85

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 05:56 AM

I, as a solo player, cant really understand all the salt about the merge of group merging into solo tbh.
there were a couple of really fun games the last few days. stomps happen yes, but we had that pre merger as well and i dont really feel it has become more.
maybe its just luck of the draw on my end, but i felt that most games have been more structured and communicative prbly thanks to ppl in 4mans playing the commander for the whole bunch.

im not saying that there arent things to fix. i personally dislike having 6 assaults on the team with like one medium(me) and a handfull murderous lights but thats what ppl play so idm.
back then (pre invasion or rather pre splitting group queue) groups were limited to only 3 mechs per class, would wonder if that changed.

tl;dr i had fun as a solo player

#285 Brom96

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 08:03 AM

I had number of games where I suspect the team members thrown the matches to help their unit members on the opposite side, or just friends, win. I have no other explanation for what I have seen.

#286 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 May 2020 - 08:47 AM

View PostBrom96, on 16 May 2020 - 08:03 AM, said:

I had number of games where I suspect the team members thrown the matches to help their unit members on the opposite side, or just friends, win. I have no other explanation for what I have seen.
If you see something that looks like that to you, take a screenshot of the end-of-match scoreboard (it contains the ID of the match) and report it to PGI with the screenshot attached.

#287 Negat1ve Nancy

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:01 AM

Sounds like PGI cannot tell the game ID from the in game reporting mechanism. Is this true?

#288 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:34 AM

View PostNegat1ve Nancy, on 16 May 2020 - 09:01 AM, said:

Sounds like PGI cannot tell the game ID from the in game reporting mechanism. Is this true?
No, but the in-game reporting mechanism is extremely limited. You only get to pick a report type from the list and nothing besides that. In cases like he's describing, providing the context can make a difference between his report being investigated or disregarded.

#289 PCHunter

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:14 PM

I played a crap load of games last night and I swear I saw maybe 2 500 match scores. This involved several hundred players in all these games. I did get close at over 400 with a Piranha, of all things. The missile boats I brought got better than 400 too, but 500 is very elusive. I think its the AMS everyone is bringing. My AMS boats never get close to 500, so I don't know where that suggestion came from. It seems the criteria one needs is a high damage output - 700 or so; several kills - 3 or more; no team damage; be on the winning side; and survive. And then maybe add in a bunch of those miscellaneous team achievements - UAV, spotting, lance in formation, missiles intercepted, etc. Really, how many of us do all five in any match?

#290 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:30 PM

View PostPCHunter, on 16 May 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

My AMS boats never get close to 500, so I don't know where that suggestion came from.
Then you may be running them wrong.
Here's an AMS Nova breaking 500 score while getting just under 350 damage:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Horseman, 16 May 2020 - 02:34 PM.

#291 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 05:40 PM

Definitely need to get 1000+ missiles destroyed along with ok dmg/kills/kmdd. If you get a match without any ATM or LRM boats you're not gonna get close. Figure every 500-600 missiles destroyed will get you at least 100 extra match score.

#292 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:39 PM

Yes. I'm not saying it's an automatic 500, but it's a passive means of padding your score that - if you live sufficiently long and the enemy brings missile boats - adds up to enough that you can break 500 with an otherwise unexceptional performance.

Edited by Horseman, 16 May 2020 - 11:40 PM.

#293 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:09 PM

AMS is a good booster but can't do it alone. I score well enough on my Kit Fox with 2 AMS and 1 1/2 tons of ammo to increase my tier over time. Not as much as running a higher damage mech like an AC-2 Jager, Arctic Wolf with ATMs or Wolverine with LRMs but it keeps me slightly positive.

Something people might want to do for events is have a mech for each damage type. For a long time I relied on lights with MGs for the ballistic portion, the Jagermech is much more effective and I have broken 500TS on it more than once. Seems like kills are like shooting in the X ring. Two players with the same damage, the one with more kills does better.

#294 Kyoptik

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:26 PM

From an EU-timezone fan, I can only say thank you PGI, this is the first time group play with a friend of mine has been playable (<10 minute wait time) for over 6 months. I'd forgotten how much I love this game.

Apart from queue times consistently under 2 mins, there's been less Nascar, more team play, more communication and a return to the awesome fun I had when I first came to Mechwarrior Online. Please please keep the changes!

Edited by Kyoptik, 19 May 2020 - 03:27 PM.

#295 Hoaggie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:01 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 23 April 2020 - 03:11 AM, said:

Ummm... create a new account also, then attempt to sync drop together. That's what I would do to try and play with friends with new accounts rather than depend on group queue fixes.

Yeah, we tried that and it didn't work. Shame on me for expecting a working product. The real shame is that my friend is never going to play again.

#296 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 May 2020 - 03:12 AM

View PostHoaggie, on 24 May 2020 - 06:01 AM, said:

Yeah, we tried that and it didn't work. Shame on me for expecting a working product. The real shame is that my friend is never going to play again.

Now the Solo-Group queues are now combined, no need for sync dropping nor waiting forever grouped up. Just do not allow tonnage to go unused. Go heavy, but not assault (for newer players), since heavies are more maneuverable while assaults takes some getting used to.

Edited to add for newer players...

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 31 May 2020 - 10:23 AM.

#297 NosehairOMO

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSharon, MA

Posted 01 June 2020 - 05:30 AM

OK I rarely get into this forum. What is the Damn max size for groups to drop? Is it 4, 6 or 8 or what?

#298 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:51 AM

View PostNosehairOMO, on 01 June 2020 - 05:30 AM, said:

OK I rarely get into this forum. What is the Damn max size for groups to drop? Is it 4, 6 or 8 or what?

In QP it is 4. You can wind up with as many as 5 players in groups on a team because the MM will allow a team of 2 and a team of 3 to both be on the same team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users