Potato, This Expression Is Rubbish And Hurts The Game.

149 replies to this topic

#141 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 07:56 AM

Some people ARE playing drunk like that Archer pilot on my team a week ago, blocked me from retreating when I commented on it, he got hostile saying he did not give a **** what happened to anyone on his team, he would do what he wanted even if it got allies killed.

#142 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 March 2021 - 08:52 AM

If you think potato is bad, you're lucky you weren't around when Steering Wheel Underhive™ was a popular term.

Posted Image

#143 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 March 2021 - 03:39 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 20 March 2021 - 07:56 AM, said:

Some people ARE playing drunk like that Archer pilot on my team a week ago, blocked me from retreating when I commented on it, he got hostile saying he did not give a **** what happened to anyone on his team, he would do what he wanted even if it got allies killed.

Seen that sort of thing dozens of times over. Can't fix 'em. It's just disappointing that some of them managed to play the game from its' launch - beta, even - and still haven't learned enough to stop abysmally failing.

#144 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 March 2021 - 08:51 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 20 March 2021 - 07:56 AM, said:

I'm seeing these daily in tier 4 & 5 so many aholes lately.. I was explaining something to my friend and some ***** tells us to STFU in text..

Edited by Samial, 21 March 2021 - 08:51 PM.

#145 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 03:44 AM

View PostGhost Paladin117, on 01 July 2020 - 06:41 AM, said:

I'd say it's very accurate. Potatoes are just not good. Unless they're mashed.

You gotta be kidding me, everything from a cooked potato with salt, to oven potatoes, friend potatoes, hashbrowns and so forth are freaking delicious and tasty. Potatoes are the alpha and omega of food. Potatoes are life.

Don't bash the potato, mash it.

#146 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 22 March 2021 - 07:03 AM

THATS RIGHT! I AINT NO POTATO.

I AM A GOD DAMN BAG OF EXTRA SALT, SALTY VINAGAR CORN CHIPS.

#147 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 07:12 AM

Who still uses the term "potato"? I've long since moved on to more refined insults like "NASCARtards" and "puggles".

#148 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 22 March 2021 - 07:17 AM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 22 March 2021 - 07:12 AM, said:

Who still uses the term "potato"? I've long since moved on to more refined insults like "NASCARtards" and "puggles".

CORN CHIIIIIPS.Posted Image

#149 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 22 March 2021 - 09:14 AM

View PostJohnny Slam, on 30 June 2020 - 10:37 PM, said:

Howdy folks!

Before I get all giddy about the new event and waxing lyrical about my new mechs and working on my new PSR I wanted as a midland pilot who works hard to bring new players and returning players on board to take a second to say:

Enough with the 'Potato' comments and slang

It's not clever, it's not accurate, and it make you look like jackasses thirsty to be seen as 'elite' rather than elite. This goes for you gents who make the great videos every week showing pilots how to improve and play with a team and build decent rigs. When you use the friggen stupid reductive term you undercut all the great work that your videos accomplish for the game.

And before someone throws the 'git gud' or 'nancy boy' comments just know this, no one has called me a potato in years, but i have seen it used again and again, even more of late, and what is really obnoxious is that it is used in a lazy way, without the full intent, yet still does all the same damage to alienate players.

You want to make other pilots feel inferior to you? well if that's your kink do it on the battlefield and leave this term in the rubbish bin where it belongs.

If anything now I feel inspired to call people useless potatoes more than ever had I known people were genuinely insulted by it.

View PostKiran Yagami, on 22 March 2021 - 07:12 AM, said:

I do, very frequently.

Edited by 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie, 22 March 2021 - 10:53 AM.

#150 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 04:55 PM

It is not that they have not learned, it is they do not want to learn. Seen enough of these including their media posts to knwo some are doing it intentionally like this fellow below.

I give less help than I used to but in rare moments I try.

I get into a Terra Therma match, there's a Trebuchet Trial on the team shooting LRMs since spawn at....nothing.
I figure high chance of new player, not 100% because I know there are not new people who run trials for reasons. But I try to be nice and make a non-hostile helpful comment.

This happens and it is back to not being nice:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users