Breakfast Of Champions Event And Sale

168 replies to this topic

#61 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 12:11 AM

And another stupid event by people who don´t know their own game, cause they don´t play it.

"but at least Matt is trying to keep the game alive"
And he is making the same mistakes over and over and over for years. How often did we have these trial mech events now? With outdated builds? Kill or KMDD with a 1xERLL Spider and 4xMGs? Kill or KMDD with a 2xPPC Panther?
Why make it 200 damage when you can annoy the community? Posted Image
Get a victory? With 11 ******** people running around like headless chicken, trying to get that kill in their trial mech? Are you serious?

Matt is promising to do it better next time ... every time ... for years ...

#62 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 02:47 AM

And done!
Most pain in the *** was by far the Jagermech. The dps is so low there is no chance to support a ****** team to get a win. Took me 10 games.

#63 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 09 August 2020 - 03:40 AM

It's doable. Skills make one a little lazy :P

#64 TomatoTyson

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 03:54 AM

View PostBolo Atari, on 09 August 2020 - 03:40 AM, said:

It's doable. Skills make one a little lazy Posted Image

Doable, yes. But painful, yes as well. I spent maybe 12 or so hours on the event and had no fun whatsoever. Like seriously, it's not even that hard or time consuming compared to the loot bags event, but it was so much more boring and frustrating. It would've been cool if there was a trial mech exclusive 8v8 queue or something, but there wasn't. Whichever team had the least trial mechs won most of the time. You can make an event hard, and the community won't complain but if you're event is frustrating, boring and something people loathe doing, they'll complain away. The event has good intentions but was poorly executed.

#65 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 04:01 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 08 August 2020 - 11:30 PM, said:

We don't have to go back to the hard 3/3/3/3 (or 1/1/1/1 for a 4-man group) draconian system that there once was,

Just throwing out that 3/3/3/3 featured some of the most balanced and tactical matches ever seen in MWO with a variety of tactics and the tonnage to make each weight class necessary for a role and a positive contributor to the team.

Its removal is another example of the playerbase being complicit in the circlewalk championships we have today.

Edit: Also

Unskilled mechs versus fully skilled mechs is unfun, frustrating, and severely limits natural skill?

Welcome to the new player experience as seen by the few players who are still discovering this game and could be shoring up the population.

Perhaps we could use this as a chance to push for an improved experience for Cadets (and a longer lifespan of the game) instead of solely considering how we personally were mildly inconvenienced for a short time.

...but that might be too much like teamwork and i know how the people left feel about that particular concept.

Edited by OneTeamPlayer, 09 August 2020 - 04:06 AM.

#66 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 06:08 AM

Would 3... even still work today with the low playerbase in terms of matchmaking times?
Nothing against bringing it back, question is how will it impact wait times.

Beside that, are cadets still thrown into T3 from the start or do they start in T5 as they should?

#67 StasRn

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 06:46 AM

top **** event, please dont do it again

#68 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 10:04 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 09 August 2020 - 07:30 AM, said:

Guys if you don't like the event, dont play it.
I looked at the rewards and decided my PSR and staying Tier 2 is more imporant to me than MC, some Cbills etc.
It's not like you will be at a huge disadvantage if you dont do the event.

Yes, because it's far too much to ask for PGI to make events that are actually fun. This event in particular is just stupid. It requires you to be a burden to your team many times over in order to complete it. The team with the least amount of trial mechs wins. I'll never understand how they think up this nonsense.

#69 Liushing

Rookie

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 09 August 2020 - 11:36 AM

Would you also add an armor/heatsink/structure upgrade sale to phase two? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.

Edited by Liushing, 09 August 2020 - 11:37 AM.

#70 Dirt Devil1

• PipPipPip
  • Major
  • Major
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCoquille, OR

Posted 09 August 2020 - 11:59 AM

Why is there no clan missile challenge in phase 2 of the event?

#71 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 09 August 2020 - 02:18 PM

Where this event causes comedic issues is when you see pepople with the trial mechs in faction....

#72 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 09 August 2020 - 02:25 PM

Phase 2 of this event is quite new-player friendly, that's a good thing.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#73 Plato J

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 03:28 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 07 August 2020 - 08:52 AM, said:

This event could easily be sub-titled “The Tank Your PSR Challenge”

Totally this. While the mech's aren't totally terrible, there's a few there that I would never want to run. But hey, if you down tier then the challenge becomes easier to do :P

I am having fun running mech's with a different style than I normally play.

#74 SoulRcannon

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 04:51 PM

All champion (C) variants could have vastly improved builds, and have at least the whole survival tree unlocked (and some sensors, especially for ecm variants) when they're on the trial mech rotation. The latter could be massive to helping newer players out (the few that there are these days); why not sell the benefits of the skill tree by implementing their (limited) use on trials? Those builds + no skill tree implementation on trial mechs = a bad time, for people during this event and any new player.

A change would be most welcome :)

#75 Casual Potato

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 05:15 PM

The GSP and mech bay rewards make some of the challenges worthwhile, but it's admittedly painful when you need a victory but your team is mostly trial mechs and the enemy team has a lot of meta mechs.

Then there's the mad rush to get a killing blow with a woefully undergunned trial mech, often requiring a suicide run into the middle of the enemy pack because damn it, you're finishing the Spider challenge this time for real!

#76 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 10:07 PM

View PostDirt Devil1, on 09 August 2020 - 11:59 AM, said:

Why is there no clan missile challenge in phase 2 of the event?

Because there are no Clan trial mechs involved that run missiles. As it is, most of Phase Two of this event can be done with trial mechs, like Phase One has to be done with trial mechs.

#77 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 09 August 2020 - 10:20 PM

The trial mechs really need a revisited after several weapon adjumstments over the time.

Edited by DeadWeight18, 09 August 2020 - 10:21 PM.

#78 Plato J

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 10:49 PM

View PostTomatoTyson, on 08 August 2020 - 07:22 PM, said:

I wouldn't be surprised if player numbers take a dive. Once I'm done with this event, soon hopefully, I'm not playing til the second phase, then I'm taking a break. This event is an absolute joke and the trial mechs, especially the lights (except the panther), are horrendous. And sure you could not play the event but then what's the point of it. It should be fun, challenging and rewarding. This is just boring.

Thats interesting, I have the hardest time with the Panther, the rest are fine for me. How do you do well in the Panther?

My recommendation for the other three, look for a wounded or distracted mech - close in and then savage their back. Go for the ones more isolated.

#79 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 02:49 AM

View PostPlato J, on 09 August 2020 - 10:49 PM, said:

Thats interesting, I have the hardest time with the Panther, the rest are fine for me. How do you do well in the Panther?

Same i did with every low dps mech, go for the KMDD. Focus 1 enemy, hit him as often as you can and hope that someone kills him.

#80 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:42 AM

Sure, trial mechs can be a pain. They could have some nodes unlocked or a better armor distribution. But what i consider pretty amazing: Even with lots of "barely playable" green Cs on the field the match quality rather improved compared to average. The matches seem to run longer, the deathballs are not hat relentless and the nascaring is just as as bad the map itself dictates. I even witnessed pretty succesful attempts of map control (!) in some matches. A part of the game that has been buried for a long time. Sure, the meta tryhard BS is ripping everything apart as usual. But that's what has been offered to players to keep the lights on for such along time i guess. Higher TTK makes a whole different game, i like it. Tier system is still a joke though (Tier 1, 2 and even cadets in one match), but that's unavoidable with such a small playerbase. The event is fine, especially for new guys. And it offers a taste of what could have been for the others.

Edited by zzoxx, 10 August 2020 - 04:43 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users