168 replies to this topic

#141 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 01:37 PM

How is part 2 treating everyone?
You guys getting those damage numbers or what?
Its almost been a day who is finished part 2?

#142 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 02:20 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 August 2020 - 01:37 PM, said:

Yeah that 50 damage with SRM6 really slowed me down for a while. I'm still working on the IS medium lasers too, it's just really hard to hit stuff with lasers.

#143 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 August 2020 - 04:11 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 18 August 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

Yeah that 50 damage with SRM6 really slowed me down for a while. I'm still working on the IS medium lasers too, it's just really hard to hit stuff with lasers.

FFS, get good noob

#144 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 04:35 PM

View PostHiten Bongz, on 18 August 2020 - 04:11 PM, said:

FFS, get good noob

Sorry man.I'm still learning. Can you help with the gauss ones? When I press the button to shoot it doesn't acually fire, it just makes a funny sound. I have ammo, I'm not sure why they aren't working. I'm really stuck on that part of the challenge for both clan and IS.

#145 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 06:30 PM

I was the first to finish the Clan Missile Challenges.

#146 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 06:40 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 18 August 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

You really could've given these trial mechs some love ...

In 2020 there's 3 parts to configuring a MWO mech :
- The equipment/armor/weapons.
- The consumables.
- The skill tree.

Now that MWO has that skill tree, maybe players could be able to use their own equipment/armor/weapons and the default consumable slot on trial mechs, and only require to purchase a mech to unlock it's skill tree.

As for MC mechs (Hero...), maybe they could have access to a handful more then the default 91 skill tree nodes, instantly transforming most of them them from useless to valuable.

Then even a trial mech event would no longer be such a pain.

Edited by Warning incoming Humble Dexterer, 18 August 2020 - 06:44 PM.

#147 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 10:33 PM

Hi Matt

Hopped into the pilot seat last night and after 2.5 hours it was all done. Many thanks for the warhorns (and popular ones at that).

As I was wrapping things up I noticed more and more trial mechs on the field and the quality of games tanked significantly. This vindicated my decision to avoid the game during part. 1. I'll be returning to playing battletech now.

Daily challenges would probably hold my attention longer and encourage more frequent visits to the game.

Hope this feedback is of some value.

Thanks again and respect for engaging with community.

Z.

#148 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 10:39 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 18 August 2020 - 04:35 PM, said:

Sorry man.I'm still learning. Can you help with the gauss ones? When I press the button to shoot it doesn't acually fire, it just makes a funny sound. I have ammo, I'm not sure why they aren't working. I'm really stuck on that part of the challenge for both clan and IS.

Gauss rifles have a charge up mechanic. Means when you pull the trigger you have to keep it pressed for a bit, then release it before you overcharge and the weapon goes on cooldown again.
Best try it on the training grounds to get a feeling for it.

I haven't used gauss in a while, I think you need to press and hold for a second until you release it to fire. Not sure what the timing was.

#149 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 11:01 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 18 August 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

I haven't used gauss in a while, I think you need to press and hold for a second until you release it to fire. Not sure what the timing was.

It also seems like you haven't used sarcasm for a while Posted Image (Hint: crazytimes is a seasoned player)

#150 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 02:04 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 18 August 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

Gauss rifles have a charge up mechanic. Means when you pull the trigger you have to keep it pressed for a bit, then release it before you overcharge and the weapon goes on cooldown again.
Best try it on the training grounds to get a feeling for it.

I've said it before- as a community, you dudes are legitimately the nicest people I have come across in 20 odd years of online games. Not just here, but on other platforms as well. I feel bad for being mean to the other guy now,

#151 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 03:01 AM

Yah definitly missed that...just read someone dosn't know how to use Gauss between breakfast and preping for an job interview...my mind was a bit somewhere else.
Next time I should take a second to look at his Tier...might have noticed something ^_^

Still, while its quite rare, I have encountered some new players lately. Something I thought extinct in MWO...anyway when I read someone has questions I try to help. Every new player counts towards keeping this game alive and I like MWO beside all its flaws.

#152 Volume

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 08:50 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 16 August 2020 - 04:50 AM, said:

I haven´t checked, but aren´t the trial mechs useable in Solaris?

They are not.
Solaris does have trial mechs, but they are not applicable to this event. A player can get some credit towards the weapon challenges, though, because their loadouts happen to have some weapons that are in the event (e.g. get 100 medium laser damage)

Current Solaris trial mechs are:
  • D1: NSR-9P(C) - 2x UAC/5, 2x UAC/10
  • D2: MDD-C(C) - 2x c-LB20
  • D3: RGH-1A(C) - 1x LB20, 3x HMG, 2x MRM20
  • D4: BSW-S2(C) - 3x MRM20, 2x ML
  • D5: ASN-101(C) - 4x SPL, 2x SRM6+A
  • D6: UZL-3P(C) - 2x Snub PPC, 1x LB5
  • D7: OSR-1V(C) - 4x ML, 3x RL10
I am not sure if Solaris has ever had trial mechs rotate in or out. I believe these are the same as they've always been since Solaris launched. Posted Image

Edited by Volume, 20 August 2020 - 02:36 PM.

#153 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 09:13 AM

So how is phase 2 Matt?
I don´t get why phase 2 was all about trial mechs weapons and started days later.
Nevermind.
It´s not just the events, which can sometimes be fun (not this one, it was boring and a pain in the *** to play), MWO is in it´s final stage to death. If MWO was a horse you would shoot it right now.
I´m just playing the events for the rewards. Besides of that, no more MWO for me.
It took me 8 games to shoot down 1 UAV.
Why? Because nobody launched a UAV and my team got stomped 8 times in a row.
I´m TIER 1 (60%) and there are people in Assaults doing less than 50 damage in my team. 50% of my team doesn´t even reach 100 damage.
With people struggling with this extremly easy event ... i´m not surprised.
According to jarls the playerbase has gone up from 10.000 to 15-17.000.
Why do i have to play with the noobs?
The new PSR is a joke.

#154 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 09:41 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 19 August 2020 - 09:13 AM, said:

It took me 8 games to shoot down 1 UAV.
Why? Because nobody launched a UAV and my team got stomped 8 times in a row.

LOL

My experience was totally different. I deployed with the intent to destroy at least one UAV. During the mission the enemy team launched UAV after UAV, seven or eight if not more. Every time I saw one and I had a good shooting angle, I hit it with my PPCs. Boom!

After the game I found out that I destroyed four UAVs. Posted Image

I´m TIER 1 (60%) and there are people in Assaults doing less than 50 damage in my team. 50% of my team doesn´t even reach 100 damage.

Well, sometimes everybody has a bad day.

With people struggling with this extremly easy event ... i´m not surprised.

Perhaps because they are using unskilled Trial 'Mechs that they are not accustomed to? Plus, some Trial 'Mechs have less-than-ideal armament that was designed years ago.

According to jarls the playerbase has gone up from 10.000 to 15-17.000.
Why do i have to play with the noobs?
The new PSR is a joke.

Every single player was moved to mid-Tier 3 a few weeks ago.

Some of those players - who would belong to Tier 5 - have had played not enouh games to actually drift from Tier 3 to Tier 5. So you can meet them in Tier 1 games, since they are in Tier 3 currently.

By the way, you said that "MWO is in it´s final stage to death. If MWO was a horse you would shoot it right now." and now you are saying: "According to jarls the playerbase has gone up from 10.000 to 15-17.000."

So is the game dying or is it gaining new players?

#155 Jimi Hendrixs Stratocaster

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 19 August 2020 - 01:08 PM

I finished.

Quick question @Matt Newman, it says all weapons on sale 50% off on the event page. But only some of the weapons show as 50% in the store??? Yet all shown in store has a countdown clock as if part of the event. Just no 50% off on over half of them????
Am I missing something?

Breakfast of Champions Sales Part 2
Starts : Aug 15th 00:00 UTC
Ends : Aug 25th 00:00 UTC
C-Bill Item Sales
  • All Weapons 50% off

Mech Pack Sales 30% off
  • Piranha and Javelin
  • Black Lanner and Bushwacker
  • Linebacker and Thanatos
  • Supernova and Cyclops

Edited by Jimi Hendrixs Stratocaster, 20 August 2020 - 05:25 PM.

#156 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 August 2020 - 04:52 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 19 August 2020 - 02:04 AM, said:

I've said it before- as a community, you dudes are legitimately the nicest people I have come across in 20 odd years of online games. Not just here, but on other platforms as well. I feel bad for being mean to the other guy now,

Lol are you referring to me (the "other guy")? If so, I was being sarcastic as well, so no harm no foul.

#157 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 August 2020 - 06:45 PM

View PostVolume, on 19 August 2020 - 08:50 AM, said:

They are not.
Solaris does have trial mechs, but they are not applicable to this event. A player can get some credit towards the weapon challenges, though, because their loadouts happen to have some weapons that are in the event (e.g. get 100 medium laser damage)

Current Solaris trial mechs are:
  • D1: NSR-9P(C) - 2x c-UAC/5, 2x c-UAC/10
  • D2: MDD-C(C) - 2x c-LB20
  • D3: RGH-1A(C) - 1x LB20, 3x HMG, 2x MRM20
  • D4: BSW-S2(C) - 3x MRM20, 2x ML
  • D5: ASN-101(C) - 4x SPL, 2x SRM6+A
  • D6: UZL-3P(C) - 2x Snub PPC, 1x LB5
  • D7: OSR-1V(C) - 4x ML, 3x RL10
I am not sure if Solaris has ever had trial mechs rotate in or out. I believe these are the same as they've always been since Solaris launched. Posted Image

Not to nitpick, but you only WISH the Nightstar could run Clan-tech Ultra Autocannons. :) Might have given it a little more room for heat sinks.....

#158 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 12:02 PM

@D V Devnull: If you are still reading this thread, a small after action report of sorts. IS wins are now secured, but that *PIIP* Phoenix Hawk was a pain AGAIN. I spent more time on it than the 7 others combined. It overheats like crazy and has silly weak legs. I actually lost count on how many times Locusts, Fleas and Piranhas sawed both of my legs off... :/ Clan assault wins are also done. Going to stop for tonight and try the remaining six tomorrow or Saturday.

@Mr. Newman: The weapon challenges are ok with one minor exception. Short range weapons (in the torso especially) suck at shooting down UAVs. I have not had many chances and the UAV kills for both accounts still elude me. No biggie, just letting you know. Have a nice and safe weekend!

#159 Volume

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 02:35 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 August 2020 - 06:45 PM, said:

Not to nitpick, but you only WISH the Nightstar could run Clan-tech Ultra Autocannons. Posted Image Might have given it a little more room for heat sinks.....

Hahaha honest mistake I swear. Editing for correction now.

View PostJimi Hendrixs Stratocaster, on 19 August 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

I finished.

Quick question Matt, it says all weapons on sale 50% off on the event page. But only some of the weapons show as 50% in the store??? Yet all shown in store has a countdown clock as if part of the event. Just no 50% off on over half of them????
Am I missing something?

[/font]
[/list]

I was also wondering about this. What gives?

#160 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 August 2020 - 02:45 PM

Hmm... it's a B.O.C. (Breakfast Of Champions) Forum Thread catch-up for me...

In my case, I'm glad that you made this 'Phase/Part 2' for the B.O.C. Event playthrough. ^_^

Unfortunately, I'm way behind due to things outside of MWO repeatedly yanking me away with a vengeance. It makes me feel like I got turned into being breakfast for someone else. Is there any chance the Event could run until August 28th (Friday after this one) @ 17:00 PDT (August 29th @ 0:00 UTC) to help those who are late bloomers, currently including myself? :wacko:

View PostERescue, on 20 August 2020 - 12:02 PM, said:

@D V Devnull: If you are still reading this thread, a small after action report of sorts. IS wins are now secured, but that *PIIP* Phoenix Hawk was a pain AGAIN. I spent more time on it than the 7 others combined. It overheats like crazy and has silly weak legs. I actually lost count on how many times Locusts, Fleas and Piranhas sawed both of my legs off... :/ Clan assault wins are also done. Going to stop for tonight and try the remaining six tomorrow or Saturday.

Ah, the need for using jumpjets and sticking close to the Team around you... I know how it feels, because the Trial Phoenix Hawk is severely nerfed on the ECM by comparison with how it was before the New Skill Tree System went into effect. Good luck on getting the rest of those Victory/Win points! :)

View PostERescue, on 20 August 2020 - 12:02 PM, said:

@Mr. Newman: The weapon challenges are ok with one minor exception. Short range weapons (in the torso especially) suck at shooting down UAVs. I have not had many chances and the UAV kills for both accounts still elude me. No biggie, just letting you know. Have a nice and safe weekend!

I don't know what our ever-friendly Mr. Matt Newman is going to have to say on this one. However, try to concentrate more on those UAVs when you're either in a Mech you own, or a Trial Mech that's got a reasonable number of Arm-Mounted Weapons to use. It works a lot better. ;)

...and now for me to finally try to get back into the game after being trapped away from getting there as much as has happened recently! I just hope I haven't gone rusty... :(

~Mr. D. V. "far shorter on time than they like to be... and this B.O.C. Event can really get pressuring..." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users