#641 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 January 2022 - 11:50 AM

View PostHawk819, on 14 January 2022 - 11:36 PM, said:

Quite honestly, I don't think we'll get anything new added to the game. New Tech, or even new `Mechs.

However it doesn't hurt to ask.

Hell, I want the Firemoth for crying out. It took them over 6-7 years to release the damned Flea!

Everyone wants the Firemoth, but PGI apparently picked the wrong graphics engine for that...

#642 James Nostra

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 4
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 12:03 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 20 January 2022 - 11:50 AM, said:

Everyone wants the Firemoth, but PGI apparently picked the wrong graphics engine for that...

Yea, Apparently so. Maybe Microsoft can buy out EG7, and then maybe we can ask them to get things rollin.' We can only dream right now.

#643 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 21 January 2022 - 03:29 PM

View PostJames Nostra, on 20 January 2022 - 12:03 PM, said:

Yea, Apparently so. Maybe Microsoft can buy out EG7, and then maybe we can ask them to get things rollin.' We can only dream right now.

Not going to happen.

#644 Z01

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 05:10 PM

Debuting in 3069, the Celestial series of OmniMechs are engineered to be used by the elite Word of Blake Manei Domini troops. The Archangel is the largest of these. Designed to be an "anchor" for Word formations, the 'Mech is known as a "zombie" because of its ability to take extreme amounts of damage and continue operating. The Archangel features a compact fusion engine, compact gyro, a small cockpit, and nineteen and a half tons of standard armor, which frees up a large amount of internal space, while an Endo Steel frame opens up free tonnage, making heavier components possible. A C3i Computer helps direct and coordinate fire.

The Invictus, or primary, version of the Archangel carries a Guardian ECM Suite to allow the 'Mech to disrupt enemy electronics and targeting systems. For ranged combat, the Archangel Invictus carries a Plasma Rifle and Heavy PPC, both of which are slaved to an advanced targeting computer. The Invictus also includes jump jets, allowing the 100-tonner to hop 90 meters. Finally, a Retractable Blade gives the design added defense in close combat situations.

Edited by Z01, 21 January 2022 - 05:12 PM.

#645 Trepmal

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 02:52 AM

I already made a post, but a friend of mine and I were playing and realized there's something very underrepresented; stealth capable lights with ballistic slots. It's the pirate's bane locust hero. That's it. not a single other variant, and it can only carry two. Would really appreciate at least a couple stealth mechs that can bring machine guns.

#646 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 04:58 PM

hmm its easy-- go look at clan mechs, artic cheeda, put 3 med lazars and 4 guns, piranna can run 12 guns, good luck to you.

SAWK CLANNER

#647 GTRPrime

Rookie

• Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 8 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis Missouri

Posted 03 February 2022 - 06:50 PM

I'm back boyz!

#648 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 299 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 15 February 2022 - 10:01 PM

View PostHawk819, on 14 January 2022 - 11:36 PM, said:

Quite honestly, I don't think we'll get anything new added to the game. New Tech, or even new `Mechs.

However it doesn't hurt to ask.

Hell, I want the Firemoth for crying out. It took them over 6-7 years to release the damned Flea!

well they have 3 more years left on the license agreement it would be a total waste for this franchise to just sit and have nothing added to is same with mech 5.

of the mechs i want added i think its time to move the timeline up for both mech 5 and this one into the jahad era

i have a list of a bunch of mechs i would like to see added into the game (keep in mind my list is inner sphere

Lights:
Thorn
Wight

Medium:
Ghost
Osprey

Heavy:
Crusader
Penetrator

Assault:
Thug
Templar

#649 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 16 February 2022 - 01:51 AM

View PostMadPaladinDuke88, on 15 February 2022 - 10:01 PM, said:

well they have 3 more years left on the license agreement it would be a total waste for this franchise to just sit and have nothing added to is same with mech 5.

of the mechs i want added i think its time to move the timeline up for both mech 5 and this one into the jahad era

i have a list of a bunch of mechs i would like to see added into the game (keep in mind my list is inner sphere

Lights:
Thorn
Wight

Medium:
Ghost
Osprey

Heavy:
Crusader
Penetrator

Assault:
Thug
Templar

I`m thinking ...We can be happy that Eg 7 can keep the old MWO alive for 4 more people, while they all deducted for MW5 and use it for their own projects like LoTR, so the license shouldn't matter much to EG 7, just like the future of MWO or PGI.
The Logic from EG7 is simple..its give enough Profit or dies
I myself would love to see new Mechs, but I'm not interested in any technical aspects, just artistic and how great Alexis has implemented designs again.while with the MWO each Loadout is with the chassies Today to build.

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 16 February 2022 - 03:01 AM.

#650 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 299 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 17 February 2022 - 09:38 AM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 16 February 2022 - 01:51 AM, said:

I`m thinking ...We can be happy that Eg 7 can keep the old MWO alive for 4 more people, while they all deducted for MW5 and use it for their own projects like LoTR, so the license shouldn't matter much to EG 7, just like the future of MWO or PGI.
The Logic from EG7 is simple..its give enough Profit or dies
I myself would love to see new Mechs, but I'm not interested in any technical aspects, just artistic and how great Alexis has implemented designs again.while with the MWO each Loadout is with the chassies Today to build.

see this is where i have HUGE issues.... i DO NOT understand when a game that is beloved by people is just cancelled because its license is up...

why wouldn't they just transfer the game to new holders... that is my BIGGEST fear about mechwarrior online that they are just oging to can it when alot of people STILL play this game. Why wouldn't they just transfer the game back to microsoft as they are the video game rights holders in the first place...

now i am no fan of microsoft i have huge issues with them, but considering where i can give credit where credit is due... love PGI or hate them... it was PGI that brought back this franchise after MS let it sit idle for 20 years

and this EG7 i don't know who or what they are so i don't know why you are even mentioning them

#651 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 06:21 AM

View PostMadPaladinDuke88, on 17 February 2022 - 09:38 AM, said:

and this EG7 i don't know who or what they are so i don't know why you are even mentioning them

Because EG7 is now the owner of PGI and it's at their discretion when the plug is pulled on MWO.

#652 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 February 2022 - 12:23 PM

View PostMadPaladinDuke88, on 17 February 2022 - 09:38 AM, said:

why wouldn't they just transfer the game to new holders... that is my BIGGEST fear about mechwarrior online that they are just oging to can it when alot of people STILL play this game. Why wouldn't they just transfer the game back to microsoft as they are the video game rights holders in the first place...
Because that's not how copyrights work and both sides would have to agree to the transfer. Which likely won't happen because the side that produced the game would want payment for it and the side that holds the license likely would not be interested in supporting it.

#653 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 299 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 01 March 2022 - 10:52 AM

View PostHorseman, on 21 February 2022 - 12:23 PM, said:

Because that's not how copyrights work and both sides would have to agree to the transfer. Which likely won't happen because the side that produced the game would want payment for it and the side that holds the license likely would not be interested in supporting it.

you ARE aware that you CAN transfer copyrights? i hope so

#654 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 March 2022 - 12:13 PM

View PostMadPaladinDuke88, on 01 March 2022 - 10:52 AM, said:

you ARE aware that you CAN transfer copyrights? i hope so
Why, I've actually addressed that in the post you quoted. Have you read past the first sentence or actually understood that I'm talking about the separation between the license and copyrights? While the license would revert to Microsoft and could be licensed to another party at an unspecified future date, PGI would not just hand over the game without being compensated for it. Which, chances are, MS is not interested in at all to begin with.

Edited by Horseman, 01 March 2022 - 03:48 PM.

#655 Geckozattack

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 01:52 PM

Personally I would say these as ideas: Argus, Owens, Guillotine or Exterminator. All of which would be probably possible and still unique

#656 suum74

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 76 posts
  • Location»Hoho! Afraskai kuku!«

Posted 30 March 2022 - 03:11 PM

How about bringing all the new Hero Mechs from MW5 to here like the PXH-KB "Kobold", ARC-AGC "Agincourt", DRG-SDW
"Sidewinder", ON1-YAJ "Yad al-Jauza", RFL-DNA "Diana", KGC-CAR "Carapace" and VTR-BSK "Basilisk" for some cool new camo patterns. https://mw5mercs.com...he-inner-sphere
Also the new variants like the QKD-4P and VL-2P that both have ecm!

#657 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 March 2022 - 01:17 AM

View Postsuum74, on 30 March 2022 - 03:11 PM, said:

How about bringing all the new Hero Mechs from MW5 to here like the PXH-KB "Kobold", ARC-AGC "Agincourt", DRG-SDW
"Sidewinder", ON1-YAJ "Yad al-Jauza", RFL-DNA "Diana", KGC-CAR "Carapace" and VTR-BSK "Basilisk" for some cool new camo patterns. https://mw5mercs.com...he-inner-sphere
Also the new variants like the QKD-4P and VL-2P that both have ecm!

I'd love to see those in the game, personally.

#658 IvanIight

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 05:17 PM

Can someone help me to understand this line from sarna.net that says "[color=#000000]While Inner Sphere and Clan components are generally mutually incompatible, the Inner Sphere developed the technology by reverse-engineering Clan OmniTechnology after the Battle of Luthien, resulting in systems that used the same OmniPod interface. Inner Sphere and Clan Omnis can thus mount either Inner Sphere or Clan OmniPods, or both interchangeably. ". Does this mean that IS omnimechs can equip clan omnipods and use the clan equipment? This could allow IS players to equip clans weaponry on their mechs like in other mechwarrior games but but in this case only for IS omnimechs that have clan omnipods equiped.[/color]

#659 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 May 2022 - 09:37 PM

View PostIvanIight, on 09 May 2022 - 05:17 PM, said:

[color=#000000]Does this mean that IS omnimechs can equip clan omnipods and use the clan equipment? This could allow IS players to equip clans weaponry on their mechs like in other mechwarrior games but but in this case only for IS omnimechs that have clan omnipods equiped.[/color]
Yes.

#660 Trepmal

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 08:46 AM

View PostSawk, on 03 February 2022 - 04:58 PM, said:

hmm its easy-- go look at clan mechs, artic cheeda, put 3 med lazars and 4 guns, piranna can run 12 guns, good luck to you.

SAWK CLANNER

those aren't stealth capable mechs. Clan can't get stealth armor.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users