63 replies to this topic

#41 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:44 AM

View PostZ Paradox, on 18 November 2020 - 08:34 AM, said:

Ok, since my english sucks and I didnt post in right place you just delite post? ok I wont give any sugestions in future, ty bro

Send the stuff to me in a PM, Paradox. Will gladly revise it (though I think your english aint that bad - in case it is german, I will translate) and send it back to you to place it into the right sub-forum again. Don't want your feedback to fall aboard.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 18 November 2020 - 10:45 AM.

#42 RRAMIREZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 183 posts
  • LocationIn the Blob

Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:58 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 16 November 2020 - 07:27 PM, said:

I'm working on the cadet starting tier issue, and will update as soon as I have an answer or some info on it.

I really appreciate that more detailed feedback were given on that point in the Beard Cast

But mixed feeling cause I fear that the milestone of "potential" new comers spike due to MW5 steam + gog launch could be missed. Hope I'm wrong.
[edit: I made a longer post about common sense in the decision and support on "avoid a potential problem by enforcing a real problem" but lost it]

Maybe Process Agility should be prioritized before mech agility.
Specialy for a "rebirth"

Once again, thx for the more detailed feedback in the cast.

Edited by RRAMIREZ, 18 November 2020 - 11:52 AM.

#43 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:18 AM

"The goal is to make the game more fun to play, to bring players back, and to make it less punishing for new players so they stick around longer."

I really hope PGI staff finds a way to exactly do that !

We´ll see... Posted Image Posted Image

#44 Z Paradox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts
  • Locationozz

Posted 18 November 2020 - 01:13 PM

I wish Pgi (MWO) could have 1% of CCP (eveonline) player communication protocols, since 2004 till today I had so much communication with dev-s it is crazy, and I dont get how they manage to do so considering they have ~500k players. and yet they implemented some of my ideas after testing them in test server, when I sugested change in probe usage they even found someone from my country to translate for them so we could have a talk on skype. Eve is older then Mwo, and it is still a good game with lots of players, I wonder why...

#45 Zarrahtass

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 01:19 PM

I mean, jokes aside.. What was the goal before?
Don't get me wrong, I am really willing to help and would love to see the game grow, but presented with the input until now, it seems like a hopeless case. It seems a bit helpless and confused..
Let´s see.

#46 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 18 November 2020 - 02:41 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 17 November 2020 - 04:12 AM, said:

I'm one of the 10 people. So my contribution should better be worth it.

Here too. I see more potential for a Steam/ GoG even Win 10 store release than the epic release last year. Sure they got epics needed cash infusion and such. But there are TONS of more potential sales EVEN with the % cut ( which are imo for a good reason, htough could lower it with 5% at least? ).

Millions of users. Dont be afraid of review scores all I can say. I mean. MWO and Battletech on Steam have pretty decent reviews. I CANT see how MW5 get lower than those. Especially having MW5 with mods and for Batttletechs sake, Steam workshop mod support * drools *. im sure Navid1 among others can use that for their mods, for example :)

Alot of potential for newcomers to the Battletech series, through not only MW 5 but the alredy released BattltechTgame and MWO aswell ( not to mention Mech Commander Gold etc too ).

That opportunity is something this franchise surely needs. And vets in the games, loremaster, tabletoppers among others, we have a responsibility to ease newcomer into it all.
Spreading the word of Battletech as best we can. It might not be so niche as it once were/ is. Avoiding oblivion to put it very on point. Less niche franchise though, then we only need to keep the core of the franchise and what makes it what it is, intact and not be watered down.

* cough *

So, yeah. Cant wait.

Cyberpunk and MW 5. This year didnt turn out so bad after all regarding entertainment at least..

#47 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:45 PM

the Modtools licensed from Epic, and so ,MW5 have no Modsupport in Steam .

#48 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 02:40 AM

Is there anything going to happen in MWO. I am waiting for an event! Playing MWO for fun is not cutting it, I need something to do pls. Been waiting for weeks now.

#49 Edeljoker

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:03 AM

Undo the changes that made many players quit and many might return:
  • reduce ghost heat for laser boats
  • reduce srm spread, it must be possible to hit a side torso, without spreading damage all over the mech)
  • no groups in solo queue - FW should be the only group mode - maybe with 10 people
  • much more FW rewards - so steamrolled players get al least something for the wait and the one sided slaughter

other important things:
  • the hit detection was much better in the past - improve it
  • new engine is really needed - you have ue4 programmers, so change mwo to an engine, where your people are capable of programming it (at the moment i have the impression, that even making a leaderboard for FW that works, is a challenge too big for your cry engine programmers, if you have such people at all)

Edited by Edeljoker, 19 November 2020 - 07:05 AM.

#50 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:16 AM

Please go to Command Chair for directed feedback on what you want to see in 2021 for MWO!
See Monday Mechwarrior Update With Daeron #02
for a detailed overview on the topics.
Thanks!

#51 Abu619

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 04:10 PM

I would like to see BALANCED DROPS AGAIN! There's too many matches with teams full of assaults or lights..etc.

#52 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:44 PM

View PostEdeljoker, on 19 November 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

Undo the changes that made many players quit and many might return:
  • reduce ghost heat for laser boats
  • reduce srm spread, it must be possible to hit a side torso, without spreading damage all over the mech)
  • no groups in solo queue - FW should be the only group mode - maybe with 10 people
  • much more FW rewards - so steamrolled players get al least something for the wait and the one sided slaughter

other important things:
  • the hit detection was much better in the past - improve it
  • new engine is really needed - you have ue4 programmers, so change mwo to an engine, where your people are capable of programming it (at the moment i have the impression, that even making a leaderboard for FW that works, is a challenge too big for your cry engine programmers, if you have such people at all)

The most and Leading Staff Cry Programmers (Karl Berg as Senior Engineer for example ,now by Amazon,other goes to Relic) thats coded and Modified the MWO Engine leaves the Party 2015 after heavy internal Wars

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 19 November 2020 - 09:45 PM.

#53 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 19 November 2020 - 11:27 PM

Well Daeron, looking forward to next Monday's communication and hopefully an event.

#54 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 November 2020 - 07:41 PM

1. How about for newcomers, they get a free mechbay when they reach:
(Assuming that newcomers start at PSR 4.5 as MWO/Daeron suggested):

~Achieve PSR Tier 3: earn one (1) free mechbay, max once per account
~Achieve PSR Tier 2: earn one (1) free mechbay, max once per account
~Achieve PSR Tier 1: earn one (1) free mechbay, max once per account

They get a big fat carrot dangling in front of them, motivate them to stick around and actually learn how to improve gameplay!

2. OK, before everyone else gets upset: may I suggest that everyone else also get above (1) bonus above!

Edited by w0qj, 20 November 2020 - 07:42 PM.

#55 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 20 November 2020 - 07:57 PM

View Postw0qj, on 20 November 2020 - 07:41 PM, said:

They get a big fat carrot dangling in front of them, motivate them to stick around and actually learn how to improve gameplay!

2. OK, before everyone else gets upset: may I suggest that everyone else also get above (1) bonus above!

Step 1: Reach T1
Step 2: Lose to return to T2:
Step 3: Reach T1 Again
Step 4: Profit

Hows about just put these on achievement? You know, the achievements you can only earn once?

#56 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 November 2020 - 03:39 PM

They tried to do this in faction play. They kept giving more and more stuff away but it never worked. If the game was good , new players would spend a few bucks and buy a dozen mech bays.

Please understand I wouldn't care if they did do this but the "reward to play" system doesnt work in the long run.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 21 November 2020 - 03:40 PM.

#57 Z Paradox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts
  • Locationozz

Posted 21 November 2020 - 05:17 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 21 November 2020 - 03:39 PM, said:

Please understand I wouldn't care if they did do this but the "reward to play" system doesnt work in the long run.

ohh, it works in QP, cadets get rewarded by learning from T1 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#58 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:17 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 November 2020 - 06:48 PM, said:

Posted Image

Greetings, MechWarriors!

Things are getting extra busy at MechWarrior HQ (remotely for the most part). With the release of MW5 DLC "Heroes of the Inner Sphere" next month and our increased efforts towards the future development of MechWarrior Online, I've barely had time to admire my new minis from Catalyst. Fret not, I do make the time for my Alpha Lance (as pictured below).

Posted Image

Last Monday I posted an outline, a starting point, towards both addressing some of the current issues with MechWarrior Online, as well as considering new content and features that would enhance the game further. The goal is to make the game more fun to play, to bring players back, and to make it less punishing for new players so they stick around longer.

This week I have posted each main topic (New Player Experience, Features, Maps, et al.) in the Command Chair section of the Developer's Corner. I am continuing to work through the rest of the forum feedback from the weekend, as well as email, Discord, and social media. Please take this time to really focus the discussion on each individual topic, see what sticks, and hash out any potential major differences so that we can further the development of the plan and establish a solid roadmap. I've already added a few suggestions to the lists from additional feedback, and will continue to do so when applicable. At the same time, I will begin the technical reviews, and update the threads as I get feedback from developers.

We're looking to have a townhall-style livecast sometime in early December, where you will be able to address PGI directly with your questions and concerns regarding the final direction of this initiative. Stand by for more details on that, and more information on this entire process, as we continue further down this path towards MechWarrior Online in 2021 and beyond.

Where is the section about fixing existing bugs with the game?

#59 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 November 2020 - 02:07 AM

If MWO wishes to retain many new players quickly:

Here's the rationale for MWO to consider for new payer retention: The lack of an easily accessible 4-mechbays for newcomers is yet unnecessary obstacle to surmount. 4-mechbay stable is minimum for newcomers to get a feel for MWO (4 mechbays, one for each weight class Light/Medium/Heavy/Assault.
In fact, there should be a "newcomer banner" when starting the MWO game, specifically to let newcomers know that they can get up to total of 3 new mechbays by achieving PSR Tiers 3/2/1. Again, once per account. Perhaps through the "Achievements" mechanism as another poster had already suggested.

IMHO, the MWO grinding curve is far too steep for casual new players. Many if not most casual players would drop out of MWO before they grind/achieve this minimum benchmark of 4-mechbay stable of mechs.

Should newcomers then decide stay around after achieving this minimum benchmark of 4-mechbay stable of mechs, they may well be tempted to buy some MC to buy more mechbays, and grind for even more mechs.

There are other steep obstacles to MWO newcomers besides this 4-mechbay stable issue, which are also being discussed elsewhere in this Daeron #3 thread.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rhetorical questions:

Q1: How many mechbays does MWO newcomers get when they start off?
And newcomers typically do not see any way of getting new mechbays without paying for MC.
In short, they see no hope of getting a 4-mechbay stable of mechs without paying.
(I myself only found out about "free" mechbays from Faction Play after two months of playing MWO, and heavily browsing MWO Forums. Sorry, from my personal "newcomer" experience, most newcomers simply won't know about Faction Play "free" mechbays).

Q2: Can newcomers participate in Faction Play (FP) quickly?
They might mistakenly think they need 4 mechbays of their "own mech to play!
I thought that also not enough mechbays, no FP. A chicken-and-egg dilemma.
Not enough mechbays = cannot grind for "free" FP mechbays.
There was no explanation anywhere that you get a free "Dropdeck" for FP.
(No explanation, get the drift?)

Q3: Would newcomers after achieving a 4-mechbay stable of mechs be more likely to stay around in MWO, and perhaps even pay for more mechbays with MC?
Yes! I would like to think so.

Q4: Would this above proposal help in MWO new player retention?
A: Yes! Hence the rationale for MWO to consider, as above.

Q5: What are you to know about this new player retention business?
A: I'm a new player in MWO, so I'm giving my opinion as an avid MWO newcomer's point of view.
(Only started seriously playing since July 2020, right after the PSR reset.)

View PostMonkey Lover, on 21 November 2020 - 03:39 PM, said:

They tried to do this in faction play. They kept giving more and more stuff away but it never worked. If the game was good , new players would spend a few bucks and buy a dozen mech bays.

Edited by w0qj, 22 November 2020 - 04:16 AM.

#60 selfish shellfish

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:27 AM

View Postw0qj, on 22 November 2020 - 02:07 AM, said:

Q1: How many mechbays does MWO newcomers get when they start off?

New players start with 4 free mech bays.

I'm a new player in MWO, so I'm giving my opinion as an avid MWO newcomer's point of view.
(Only started seriously playing since July 2020, right after the PSR reset.)

That is interesting. You have the "Legendary Founder" title so presumably your account was created in the early days. I think originally new players started with just 1 mech bay but that was changed to 4 at some point.

specifically to let newcomers know that they can get up to total of 3 new mechbays by achieving PSR Tiers 3/2/1

Not a good idea. Tiers are not achievements or rewards under the new system. They are a way to place players in skill brackets in order to provide more enjoyable matches. Play normally and enjoy the matches at the Tier you are supposed to be in is how the system works.

That said it's a counter intuitive system. If you are not supposed to advance in Tier then why show it to the player at all? The way this should have been done would have been to leave the old Tier/exp. bar system in place and have the PSR matchmaking calculation running hidden in the background.

Edited by selfish shellfish, 22 November 2020 - 06:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users