107 replies to this topic

#41 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:18 PM

I love the accompanying image, but am I the only one that immediately noticed how unintentionally and hilariously easy it would be to PhotoShop it into something truly grand? :D

Thanks for the updates though, looking forward to MWO in 2021! Cheers!

Edited by Rip Snorgan, 24 November 2020 - 12:19 PM.

#42 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:33 PM

One simple question - is it so hard to find a one or two hours per week and call 3-4 of PGI for "play with devs" ?.. All those "make MWO great again!" posts and so on and still on stage "...we will keep looking on discussion and share our plans..." instead one simple thing, that will show you're really are BACK in MWO...
P.S. There was someone known as "Tina Benoit"... Game shows that last time that cute lady was in game … 16 January!..

Edited by Pz_DC, 24 November 2020 - 01:40 PM.

#43 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:41 PM

I remember PSR
They asked the community
And picked something else

I see the same thing, Except Bombadil is asking the community instead of Paul
I have no good will or trust left for PGI

#44 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 02:17 PM

This looks horrible on PGI. Finally we had some sense of change coming from PGI, even if actual content is way off we could at least hope for some very easy stuff being done like balance or at the very least moving cadet tier start from T3 to something lower.

Its been almost 2 months since Daeron has been brought on by PGI and now, two months later of people eager and looking forward to any change we get slapped with "next year stuff changes"

There is stuff that needs to change now, holding off does nothing but let these issues fester.

Edited by justcallme C L O U D, 24 November 2020 - 02:18 PM.

#45 Forgeling

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:42 PM

Why hasn't the thanksgiving event started yet? There's only two days left till thanksgiving.

#46 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 24 November 2020 - 04:17 PM

View PostTordin, on 24 November 2020 - 11:58 AM, said:

MW5 AAAAND Cyberpunk 2077. Im gonna have a frigging blast with both! First one on my laptop the other on console. Gonna occupy me for whatever 2021 have in store.. oh wait, yeah Halo Infinite too. And maybe dabble in MWO and see how it goes.
No shortage of entertainment in this confused and bizzare world we live in, at least for now.

Now, btw I do hope MW5 will support both 3rd party mods AND Steam Workshop.

And Russ apparently have some plans about it: https://twitter.com/...598771177660416

I hope he only thinks of delaying the DLC and still keep base game at Dec 10, else **** it, message clear, they don't want my money so who am I to argue? I ain't picking MW5 anymore.

#47 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 06:17 PM

I would like to tell those people who think that at the moment of the release of MW5 in Steam, many new players will come to the MWO at the same moment - don't wait. The man just bought the MB5, do you really think he'll go to the MWO right now? I believe that these people (not all of course) will first go through the MW5 game, and only then, possibly, will enter the MWO game. Yes, of course, a certain number of these people will probably want to get to know the MWO much earlier, but this acquaintance will be quick and fleeting. After which they will again return to the passage of MW5.
Therefore, the PGI has a certain amount of time.
But on the whole, I agree with you. Beginners have nothing to do at high levels. Give them back their sandbox. Return it as soon as possible. In principle, it should never have been taken away from newbies.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 24 November 2020 - 06:45 PM.

#48 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:19 PM

Hmm ...
The more I read Daeron's reports, the less I begin to understand.
It turns out that the managment can literally implement destructive actions for the game with a snap of the fingers, and in order to roll back these unsuccessful decisions, it suddenly becomes necessary to have 3-4 months?
Combined solo and group queues - in an instant.
Putting new players in the same cage with old lions - in an instant.
Break the matchmaker to hell - in an instant.
To fix these errors - you need to wait, look, study, make a decision. As if half a year of experience is not enough, you need a few more months.
MWO - is an amazing game. Managment - miraculous people.

Daeron, this stone is thrown into not your garden.
I still wish you the good luck and hope you can push some really positive change for the game.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 24 November 2020 - 09:54 PM.

#49 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:32 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 November 2020 - 05:51 AM, said:

Looks like these updates have gone into 'maintenance mode' just like mwo..

Maintenance mode wasn't officially named but the noticeably slowed development was very apparent even before the 2016 world championship. It just got much-much worse after. And sadly there's lots of games that are decades old doing better with bigger playerbase because those other devs are willing to roll back bad changes er... "features". To reverse the broken customer confidence will take effort by PGI and time, neither appear to be in Russ's vocabulary over the years.
I've years of premium time rolling past every day whether I play or not and with no way to bank that time.
I've hundreds of mechs so I certainly don't want MWO to get worse, or go belly up like other games.

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 24 November 2020 - 11:33 AM, said:

This in fact happened a couple of years ago, in a particularly vile way, with Tier 1 trolls re-rolling alt accounts and not only seal-clubbing cadets and new players, but also stinking up up the in-game chat and VOIP with racist garbage. Those accounts were reported and banned, but with no real affect on the trolls, who just re-rolled new ones, and so on and so forth. The whole sorry exercise was not to benefit their pilots but to embarrass and troll the company and new players. That's why PGI is hesitating, because there is a history of that happening.

I remember this happening at least 4 years back and warnings+bans afair were only on those alt accounts.

#50 Stone Wall

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:13 PM

Come on now Tom. I think the boys have enough feedback.

There are solo and 3 man groups running circles around you guys making content like mods and reverse engineering old games. They aren't even getting paid for their side hobby.

#51 Lurm God

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 12:39 AM

https://news.cision....s-inc-,c3243066 is this true about PGI sale or elaborate troll? The extreme fluffing makes more sense now if so haha.

Edited by Lurm God, 25 November 2020 - 12:47 AM.

#52 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 01:11 AM

View PostLurm God, on 25 November 2020 - 12:39 AM, said:

https://news.cision....s-inc-,c3243066 is this true about PGI sale or elaborate troll? The extreme fluffing makes more sense now if so haha.

Big if true.

Unfortunately, it says it's not for publishing in Australia, so I will report myself to the authorities for having read it.

#53 RRAMIREZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 183 posts
  • LocationIn the Blob

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:12 AM

Solaris reward announcement makes me wonder...
Wasn't this decision part of the "game mode discussion" ?
Was it already decided on Monday? If so, why not dropping a line:
"We are already preparing for the 2021 run, and try to spare most ressource for what comes out frmo the town hall, so we decided that blablabla"

Not judging the decision itself, but the communication process... or the decision process.
???

#54 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:33 AM

Nice work Daeron.  Mech-cellent!

see you in 2021

https://www.gematsu....r-piranha-games

31.7 mil, I think Enad overpaid personally.

Mech-cellent!

Edited by Mr D One, 25 November 2020 - 02:36 AM.

#55 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 424 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:49 AM

Wow! That escalated quickly ... now I am eager to hear about the upcoming news / consequences! No ****?

#56 0IOIHIOI0

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:06 AM

Enad Global 7 to acquire MechWarrior series developer Piranha Games

Excellent! Hopefully soon we will see more powerful rockets for my LRMs in the store. And double power air strikes.

#57 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:21 AM

Wow, someone became rich...

"The Acquisition

Piranha Games is an old and well-established Canadian game developer. The studio has done several “work for hire” projects with EA including Medals of War and Need for Speed. For the past ten years the studios has however successfully focused on developing games for the franchise MechWarrior. Microsoft owns the electronic rights of all BattleTech games including MechWarrior. The studio currently has 65 employees.

The initial payment of Piranha Games is approximately SEK 207 million (cash and shares). The last 12 months (TTM) Piranha has revenues of SEK 150 million and an EBITDA of SEK 56 million. The EBITDA-multiple is therefore 3.7x based on the initial payment."

EG7: Lower than Expected Net Sales Compensated by Great Acquisition (redeye.se)

Edited by Thorqemada, 25 November 2020 - 03:28 AM.

#58 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 November 2020 - 04:28 AM

View Post0IOIHIOI0, on 25 November 2020 - 03:06 AM, said:

Enad Global 7 to acquire MechWarrior series developer Piranha Games

Excellent! Hopefully soon we will see more powerful rockets for my LRMs in the store. And double power air strikes.

I hope this becomes a change for the better for PGI.

#59 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:40 AM

I hope they did their homework before making the purchase. PGI/IGP have had a rough history. Posted Image

#60 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:01 AM

How will Enad Global 7’s acquisition of PGI affect these plans?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users