#201 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 February 2021 - 10:59 AM

View PostBlaizerP, on 02 February 2021 - 10:54 AM, said:

Absolutely, that's why I want to see new reasons to play some of the ~500 mech variants that do nothing unique.

Sounds like you only run meta or standard builds.. and are bored.. happens to most.. Break that habit and you can see how many different ways you can build a mech. My builds have huge variety.. here's a tip for clan.. try to use original omni's to take advantage of group of 8 quirks. This will force you to use builds you wouldn't normally build..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 February 2021 - 11:07 AM.

#202 RAGE PRO

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 11:21 AM

Thx for roadmap. Finally MWO back.

#203 soylentgreenfood

Rookie

• The People's Hero
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 04:55 PM

I'd love to random map/mode selection return and get rid of this map/mode voting. We need more variety in the map selection and the voting system tends to drop us into the same maps over and over again.

And can we remove incursion? Almost everyone votes against it unless they are trying to pad their multiplier lol.

#204 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 05:37 PM

View PostRAGE PRO, on 02 February 2021 - 11:21 AM, said:

Finally MWO back.

It's too early to talk about it.
At this stage, we have received only promises. Moreover, for some issues, developers promises not to undertake something specific, but only to consider the requests of the community. Nothing has been done yet.
Although I'm probably lying. As I can see from this discussion, for many players this blurry roadmap is already a huge achievement from developers.
Well, yes, a few people from the development team have finally dedicated a few hours to their game. This is something really incredible (this is sarcasm, if someone did not understand himself).

View Postsoylentgreenfood, on 02 February 2021 - 04:55 PM, said:

I'd love to random map/mode selection return and get rid of this map/mode voting. We need more variety in the map selection and the voting system tends to drop us into the same maps over and over again.

And can we remove incursion? Almost everyone votes against it unless they are trying to pad their multiplier lol.

Perhaps something is wrong with my head in this new world... But I always believed: for greater diversity is needed more variety (in this case, maps). And not a ban on choice.
Either your logic is lame on both legs, or something really wrong with my conception of logic.

Incursion not bad mode. Not perfect, yes. But shouldn't remove it.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 02 February 2021 - 05:39 PM.

#205 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 06:17 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 02 February 2021 - 05:30 AM, said:

Look at Q2 Intel gathering

One thing I've learned the hard way with PGI, don't believe what they tell you until you see it in game.

And them "discussing" it in Q2 (because it reads "Discussion New Item Ideas") doesn't mean diddly squat.

They've "discussed" things before. And then it's turned to vapor and smoke.

Remember these are the same folks that threatened to ban a player's account for even looking into a color blind mod to help us out. So instead of them (PGI) taking up the banner for the cause, looking into a fix to help us, they THREATENED the player who tried to help. He even offered to turn over the code sections he found/was working on to PGI so they could do it themselves. They were more interested in crushing the movement than working on a fix.

Yeah, I'll remain skeptical.

Edited by Unnatural Growth, 02 February 2021 - 06:25 PM.

#206 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 03 February 2021 - 07:12 AM

I wait for the walk before I get excited about the talk.

#207 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 03 February 2021 - 09:19 AM

View Postsoylentgreenfood, on 02 February 2021 - 04:55 PM, said:

EXCUSE ME?!?!? :angry:

I actually WANT to play Incursion, but can NEVER seem to get it! When it happens that I finally do, somebody tries to ignore the PGI's Rule about keeping one Enemy alive in order to be allowed to raid the base, and the whole Team gets denied any chance at doing any of it. Did you know those Base Parts are worth a rather lucrative 10 TIMES a dang lame Killing Blow in earnings?!?!? It actually makes a Killing Blow not worth it when it gets down to the final Enemy remaining. I would love to play the Incursion Mode repeatedly, and blow those bases away entirely on my own without anyone disturbing me since the rest of the Team is so bloodthirsty... of course, that's provided my Mech was not getting too beaten up... but, I savor the idea of getting those useful (C-Bills) & XP chunks so I can properly enjoy working on my Mechs and their designs without feeling strapped for funds! This game is a freaking grind at times, and the Incursion Mode is one of the things which I look forward to the possibility of. <_<

~D. V. "NOT everyone is merely trying to 'pad their multiplier' with choosing Incursion before playing!" Devnull

#208 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 09:35 AM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 02 February 2021 - 08:34 AM, said:

with a New Engine and Content not only Kids and "First PC game Players" plays MWO.

The Kids play Fortnite or Overwatch, not MWO.
Same goes for new PC Gamers, they play Fortnite too or whatever fancy game their friends invited them (CoD, Battlefield,....) during the corona lockdown.

Most MWO players are fans of the old Mechwarrior Franchise or the Battletech Tabletop & Books, with some new players get into MWO by their friends or a youtube video.

So MWO players are gaming since 1996 (Mechwarrior 2) or 1984 (Battletech Tabletop). It's an old franchise for Boomers & Gen X, and most of the kids playing it just because their dad or granddad fixed the up with old storys about 1996 Mechwarrior Clanwars or giving them 25 year old Battletech novels to read.

The most important way to get new customers is a good playerbase that recruit friends to play. A game like MWO with mostly solo players who don't recruit new players is dying, a no new engine will prevent that.

with no new Engine ,PGI can not make new Content, no fixing of the Collisions Model,The climb Hill system, no return of IK and many other and new things like Weapon ammo Changes and MWO dies with a map all 2 Years and only fixing and rebalancing Tools from the litte repair Team

No MWO player who has left due the state of the game (NASCAR in Quickplay, no group balance in Faction Play) will return just because the Mechs feet are physically correct aligned to the ground thanks inverse kinematic.
The remaining MWO players who like the NASCAR don't give a dam about their Mechs feet.

And they also don't give a dam about new features that may come with a new engine, because most of those features won't work in MWOs NASCAR.
  • procedural generated maps, with lot's of variation? No thanks, the typical MWO players want's a small map with the same gameplay in each match (everyone loves Canyon Network).
  • AI Mechs, Tanks, VTOLs, Infantery? No thanks, not in my quickplay.
  • New content like new Mechs? Nope, most new Mechs (20 ton Wasp?) won't be better than the existing Mechs.
And let's talk about what new engine PGI could use:

Updating MWOs CryEngine to a new version of the CryEngine would be one option.
Rebooting MWO for PC using the Unreal Engine of Mechwarrior 5 would be the other option.

Updating the CryEngine without fixing NASCAR & Faction Play won't bring back old players, Rebooting would afford to rebuild all of MWOs functions (Ingame store, Faction Play menues, Group functions, ect...), game modes (just solo quickplay, or also faction play & solaris?) in the new engine.

In either way the big Elephant in the room remains: What kind of game should MWO be?
  • A simple CoD like shooter for solo players with short matches, skill based matchmaking and no factions (like quickplay now)?
  • A tactic shooter like the old Battlefield games or ARMA, Squad, Hell let loose, Rainbow Six with coordinated teams (groups) and longer matches?
  • A MMO titel with factions, Faction Wars, Guilds (Units)?
I don't think that players who don't like Nascar would play Nascar just because a new engine.

Maybe it would a good idea to do a market research why players left MWO, and that they want from a multiplayer Mechwarrior Game.

Edited by Alreech, 03 February 2021 - 09:40 AM.

#209 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 10:47 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 February 2021 - 10:49 AM, said:

I can't tell but I hope you're being sarcastic..

This game needs new content.. needs to give players a reason to play..

I care about new content less than
I care about matchmaking
And unmerging soup que

And hitreg, And polish
I don't care about buying a mech pack while these issues exist

#210 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:20 AM

Why no talk about unit based events/achievements? It's so easy to implement.. GIVE A PURPOSE TO BEING IN A UNIT!

Example: As a unit, in one week:

Get 100 kills per unit member, earn X amount of MC each.
Get 500 kill assists per unit member, earn X amount of MC each.
Get 400 components per unit member, earn X amount of GSP each.

Note that not each unit member would have to get the 100 kills/assists/etc but rather as a unit you must achieve the calculated number of kills/assists/etc based on your unit size.. and the prizes don't have to be big.. 25mc.. maybe a bigger prize for completing all achievements..

A PURPOSE WILL MAKE MORE PEOPLE PLAY

MMGA! MAKE MWO GREAT AGAIN!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 03 February 2021 - 11:39 AM.

#211 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:42 AM

View PostGeneral Solo, on 03 February 2021 - 10:47 AM, said:

I care about new content less than
I care about matchmaking
And unmerging soup que

And hitreg, And polish
I don't care about buying a mech pack while these issues exist

We can't unmerge soup queue and make MM work unless we get more population.. and how will that happen? .. with new content..

Personally I agree about no new mech packs.. but you know what.. it seems MANY players want to see their favourite mechs injected into this game so i'm thinking PGI would be foolish not to keep making packs.. even if they aren't 'better' or 'different' than other mechs in game.. its about being able to pilot those famous mechs that makes them special.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 03 February 2021 - 11:48 AM.

#212 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:49 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 03 February 2021 - 11:20 AM, said:

Why no talk about unit based events/achievements? It's so easy to implement.. GIVE A PURPOSE TO BEING IN A UNIT!

Example: As a unit, in one week:

Get 100 kills per unit member, earn X amount of MC each.
Get 500 kill assists per unit member, earn X amount of MC each.
Get 400 components per unit member, earn X amount of GSP each.

Note that not each unit member would have to get the 100 kills/assists/etc but rather as a unit you must achieve the calculated number of kills/assists/etc based on your unit size.. and the prizes don't have to be big.. 25mc.. maybe a bigger prize for completing all achievements..

Haha, no one is doing this. 100 kills per unit member in a week for 25MC? I'd do 5 kills per unit member for 25MC. Not everyone wants to put in a 40 hour MWO work week to get piddly rewards.

#213 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:51 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 03 February 2021 - 11:49 AM, said:

Haha, no one is doing this. 100 kills per unit member in a week for 25MC? I'd do 5 kills per unit member for 25MC. Not everyone wants to put in a 40 hour MWO work week to get piddly rewards.

You're not getting it.. it's a unit based event.. you don't have to literally get 100 kills yourself but as a unit.. also the 25mc is just one prize among ideally.. 20 prizes at least.. so it adds up..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 03 February 2021 - 11:51 AM.

#214 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:56 AM

Sure, I don't have to get 100 kills, but if I do 50 the rest is spread out to the unit to fulfill. Each member below that number puts more pressure on the rest. This promotes loads of small units. The goal should be bigger units not smaller ones. Base it around units having active numbers in matches and PGI gets a win by having more players playing.

Play X matches a week type stuff where MORE members decreases the burden.

#215 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 03 February 2021 - 12:34 PM

View PostKodan Black, on 03 February 2021 - 11:56 AM, said:

Sure, I don't have to get 100 kills, but if I do 50 the rest is spread out to the unit to fulfill. Each member below that number puts more pressure on the rest. This promotes loads of small units. The goal should be bigger units not smaller ones. Base it around units having active numbers in matches and PGI gets a win by having more players playing.

Play X matches a week type stuff where MORE members decreases the burden.

Agreed.. theoretically if you're in a smaller it's supposed to be more difficult in that each member would have to pull more weight. To perfect my suggestion maybe a mathematician out there can make a formula that would discourage the creation of small units just to achieve events.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 03 February 2021 - 12:35 PM.

#216 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 February 2021 - 01:17 PM

View PostAlreech, on 03 February 2021 - 09:35 AM, said:

• procedural generated maps, with lot's of variation?
  • A MMO titel with factions, Faction Wars, Guilds (Units)?

Implementing these two lines would get me and so many people I know back in the game.

And would make me more than willing to pay a good subscription fee every month.

Edited by Mycroft000, 03 February 2021 - 01:18 PM.

#217 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 03 February 2021 - 01:26 PM

View PostAlreech, on 03 February 2021 - 09:35 AM, said:

• AI Mechs, Tanks, VTOLs, Infantery? No thanks, not in my quickplay.

MWO has a lot of problems, but lack of infantry ain't one of them. Infantry in the Battletech universe are almost completely useless against Battlemechs. The best weapon they can carry (that I know of) is a one-shot SRM2 that has a max range of 90 meters. They'd have to have ungodly numbers to pose any threat, and even then you could just set some Medium Lasers to chainfire and sweep over them from outside the 90 meter max range (and since they move so slow, even a Daishi moving in reverse can kite them).

Battle Armor might be worthy, but even they are a bit overrated. Plain unarmored infantry, though, have no real point other than fodder.

#218 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 06:02 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 03 February 2021 - 11:42 AM, said:

We can't unmerge soup queue and make MM work unless we get more population.. and how will that happen? .. with new content..

Personally I agree about no new mech packs.. but you know what.. it seems MANY players want to see their favourite mechs injected into this game so i'm thinking PGI would be foolish not to keep making packs.. even if they aren't 'better' or 'different' than other mechs in game.. its about being able to pilot those famous mechs that makes them special.

If they cannot unmerge queue
I cannot open my wallet
ez

Can't make population grow with current MM and merge queue
Game could decline further before the road map has a chance to improve the game

Once population drops below a certain level even road map will not be viable

Edited by General Solo, 03 February 2021 - 06:07 PM.

#219 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 03 February 2021 - 07:18 PM

View PostGeneral Solo, on 03 February 2021 - 06:02 PM, said:

If they cannot unmerge queue
I cannot open my wallet
ez

Can't make population grow with current MM and merge queue
Game could decline further before the road map has a chance to improve the game

Once population drops below a certain level even road map will not be viable

Game already grew since merge and was dying before merge.. even now the numbers on steam show growth in last 3 month view.. sorry you didn't like the merge but it was a necessary, albeit temporary measure to allow people to drop with friends and unit mates. Game cannot survive with just solo queue/solo droppers.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 03 February 2021 - 07:19 PM.

#220 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:38 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 03 February 2021 - 07:18 PM, said:

Game already grew since merge and was dying before merge.. even now the numbers on steam show growth in last 3 month view.. sorry you didn't like the merge but it was a necessary, albeit temporary measure to allow people to drop with friends and unit mates. Game cannot survive with just solo queue/solo droppers.

It was not "Necessary" for players to drop with friends and unit mates.
There was FP and everybody and their brother Sync drops with the Twitch Streaming crowd.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook