313 replies to this topic

#261 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 04:24 PM

Hello PCHunter
I wanted to add something more to what you said, first off i am tier level 4 the lower end of tier 4 even, 2 things there are alot of very good dangerous folks in tier 4, that were former tier 2 or even tier 1 folks, and guys that start new accounts, and only play lights with there buddies, so the tier group you take with grain of salt.
2 the different time zones, will effect how the drop goes, i been able over the years to drop in certain time zones, like 1 am in the morning 4 years ago, eastern time, i was working till midnight, for 6 months, amazing pilots. i also for about year got to play at 2 PM eastern with the european guys, amazing team work was alot of fun, i think for most of that i was tier 3 under the old system, so i got to see both sides, and then there was SATURDAY morning 7 AM eastern, its was SEAL clubbing time, i TIMBER WOLF with 4 er lasers, and as many heat sinks i could muster, that was just before they nerfed large lasers, and the timber wolf, geez i got like 2 to 7 kills in some matchs.
So maybe, once week try a different time zone, if you can, i am stuck in my 2 3 hour window, hope you can find that5 time zone, and that mech.

SAWK Clanner blood line Mongoose

#262 Shielenvar

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 March 2021 - 08:40 AM

So, I just wanna know.. When are you gonna fix the matchmaking?

Played a Medium mech and four times in a row I ended up in teams with each having ONE assault mech and ONE 75 ton 'mech. The rest being 60 tonners, Mediums and lights. Always against assault heavy teams.

Then I get sick of that, so I naturally play assault mechs and now, two times in a row I end up in a team with five assaults each?

I am very sorry, but this is the absolutely biggest joke I have ever seen in any kind of matchmaking. Seriously, get this stuff together. I've spent 5 years with this game and you really, REALLY need to get it together ASAP.

#263 Elfcat

• PipPipPip
  • Tai-i
  • Tai-i
  • 59 posts
  • LocationYay Area

Posted 15 March 2021 - 08:06 PM

When you get to considering new chassis, I hope you'll consider the Naginata and the Longbow.

- Your frisky LRM-hucker, mrrrrREOOWWW!

#264 Tin Box

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 06:15 AM

Is there any chance that MWO is going to use DirectX12 or Vulcan?

#265 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 539 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 06:19 AM

You should put on the roadmap undo weapon and masc changes from march 16th patch.

#266 Solarrus

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 18 March 2021 - 07:15 AM

4k support? No.
Mech types balance? No. Assaults are too weak, lights too strong.
Storm shields? Aditional armor plates? No.
Enable physic. Strong collision damage for light vs heavy? No.
Game engine optimisation? No. 8 yo game, have impudence to slows down at 1080 ti even in 2k.
Tons of new maps? No.
Allow to do something while match making? NOOOO!!!!111 Don't even dream of it! Look to the circle. It's fine. It's modern.

What to do?... What to do?.... We will remove Time of Day Change in Matches, increace PPC damage from 10 to 12, but increase colldown and heat. And... We will update our vlog TWICE per MONTH! That's what our players realy want.

And ofcourse more mech packs for 40$. No regional prices ofc. For gold too.

You are killing the franchise. You don't allow it to proceed. If you ar too old. If you are tired. If you have no new ideas. Had fired programmers, who developed this engine. Just sell it to thouse who want to proceed this franchise. Don't kill it please.
We already have dead Starwars, Aliens. Battletech is next?

Steam online 600-1200. It's not because game is bad. Game is good. Game optimisation is bad, and game designer is bad. Fix both.

Edited by Solarrus, 18 March 2021 - 08:38 AM.

#267 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 18 March 2021 - 09:10 AM

View PostSolarrus, on 18 March 2021 - 07:15 AM, said:

Mech types balance? No. Assaults are too weak, lights too strong.

Wat?

#268 Kosyachella

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 09:34 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 18 March 2021 - 09:10 AM, said:

Wat?

He means that a light mech cannot kill an assault in open combat in the Battletech lore.

Assault literally kicks a lighter opponent with his feet, perhaps even with his hands. In the game, there is no melee, which it greatly lacks.

Perhaps Sollarus overdid it, but in form he is right, playing for periods of a month or two with long breaks for many years, every time I came back, I saw only new mechs, and nothing more. Yes, we have reworked the system for pumping and obtaining chests, removed some modes. I have not seen any global innovations in the game, except, of course, solaris 7, but who plays it?

The game really lacks something fresh, and this developer may have outlived himself, take a look at mechwarrior 5, this is just a stripped-down version of MWO!

I really want something fresh from one of my favorite fantastic universes, but it looks like it will soon slide either into oblivion or into a universally tolerant state bordering on insanity.

Spiritual impulse, translated by google from Russian.

P.S. How about localization?

#269 Commissar Farzi

Rookie

• The Warden
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 11:23 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 29 January 2021 - 06:29 PM, said:

• Possible New Mech Chassis

If this ends up being a thing-I'd love to see the Mackie put into the game, if just to see the Granddaddy of all mechs stomping around showing these new upstarts, particularly the clanners, how it's done.

#270 Haddedam

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 06:12 AM

As someone who just returned to the game after 5 years, I find the UI could do a lot more lifting when it comes to explaining things to new players.
It took me a while to figure out why I can't reque to quick play with same mech, cause there wasn't any popup saying "mechs in use". If there was, it was easy to miss. I also have no idea what any of the gamemodes mean, so a quick info on the gamemodes when you vote for them would do wonders for helping new and returning players.

Assault conquest skirmish? I have no idea except for skirmish being no objectives.

#271 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 02 May 2021 - 10:32 AM

View PostHaddedam, on 30 April 2021 - 06:12 AM, said:

As someone who just returned to the game after 5 years, I find the UI could do a lot more lifting when it comes to explaining things to new players.
It took me a while to figure out why I can't reque to quick play with same mech, cause there wasn't any popup saying "mechs in use". If there was, it was easy to miss. I also have no idea what any of the gamemodes mean, so a quick info on the gamemodes when you vote for them would do wonders for helping new and returning players.

Assault conquest skirmish? I have no idea except for skirmish being no objectives.

Agree on the "mech ingame"
Well, if you click "select mech" there are RED squares "invalid" which means mech is not fully equiped. and the SAME RED squares saying "mech ingame". So if you have tons of mech, its ****
It would be perfect to just change the square for BLUE, when mech is in game. It will be visible perfectly.

#272 AlphaStrikeFire

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 07:51 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 29 January 2021 - 10:54 PM, said:

Alright alright at risk of getting my hopes up I read all the quarter updates.. some good stuff.. but it's still just talk.. also I didn’t see any mention of making mech quirks viewable in mech lab (without having to go to the store).

There is already a button in the mechlab for that. It’s next to “Mech Stats”, and looks like an arrow in a box. It will show you quirks + skills on the mech.

Edited by AlphaStrikeFire, 03 May 2021 - 08:06 AM.

#273 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 03 May 2021 - 08:12 AM

View PostAlphaStrikeFire, on 03 May 2021 - 07:51 AM, said:

There is already a button in the mechlab for that. It’s next to “Mech Stats”, and looks like an arrow in a box. It will show you quirks + skills on the mech.

Thanks but what I and hundreds of others would like to see is the mech quirks to show separate from the skill tree quirks and not as a jumbled mess..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 03 May 2021 - 08:18 AM.

#274 AlphaStrikeFire

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 08:26 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 03 May 2021 - 08:12 AM, said:

Thanks but what I and hundreds of others would like to see is the mech quirks to show separate from the skill tree quirks and not as a jumbled mess..

The quirks are separate from the skills, they are first.
It looks like this:
[loadout]
[quirks]
[skills]
If you can see the lines between them, you should be fine.

Edited by AlphaStrikeFire, 03 May 2021 - 08:26 AM.

#275 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 03 May 2021 - 08:41 AM

View PostAlphaStrikeFire, on 03 May 2021 - 08:26 AM, said:

It looks like this:
[loadout]
[quirks]
[skills]

I gave it another look and I still don't know what you're trying to explain.. maybe i'm dumb, maybe i don't care enough to figure it out.. regardless.. Knowing a mechs native quirks is such a basic thing that it shouldn't take any effort at all to figure them out. It's an easy fix and there is no excuse for the current set up.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 03 May 2021 - 08:45 AM.

#276 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:59 PM

It looks like this:
[loadout]
[quirks]
[skills]

Yeah, as someone who has actively tried to figure out the native quirks and wound up just looking in the store, the native quirks do NOT just "stay at the top". LBX Spread defaults to the top position. After that, any ammo skills. I'm not actually sure what's after that. I'm quite certain any armor quirks default to the BOTTOM of the list, but they aren't clustered together with any other quirks that are native to the 'mech. And PGI, in their infinite efforts to make things "easier", decided to cluster all similar quirks together, so if a 'mech comes with a native range quirk, that stacks with the skill tree, so instead of "range +10" and "range +15" as separate lines, you just see "range +25" and you're left to your own devices to determine the actual split on that.

#277 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 01:19 PM

View PostCommissar Farzi, on 22 March 2021 - 11:23 PM, said:

If this ends up being a thing-I'd love to see the Mackie put into the game, if just to see the Granddaddy of all mechs stomping around showing these new upstarts, particularly the clanners, how it's done.

Actually it would be a pile of crap that nobody would buy.

#278 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 01:22 PM

It looks like this:
[loadout]
[quirks]
[skills]

This is false. They are constantly mixed up, and if you have a general range quirk plus range skills it will just add them together and show them on the same line. (as in Range +25% rather than 10 and 15 from skill tree)

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 03 May 2021 - 08:41 AM, said:

I gave it another look and I still don't know what you're trying to explain.. maybe i'm dumb, maybe i don't care enough to figure it out.. regardless.. Knowing a mechs native quirks is such a basic thing that it shouldn't take any effort at all to figure them out. It's an easy fix and there is no excuse for the current set up.

You aren't dumb and for once I agree with you.

Having the mechlab split up quirks and skills would be a HUGE QoL feature. Its a shame the fastest way to check is to check a third party website. That shouldn't be the case.

#279 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 May 2021 - 01:41 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 May 2021 - 01:22 PM, said:

Having the mechlab split up quirks and skills would be a HUGE QoL feature. Its a shame the fastest way to check is to check a third party website. That shouldn't be the case.

Depending how fast your game loads it, the in-game store is a viable alternative to alt-tabbing to a different screen. However, that's where my disagreement ends. It should totally be a thing to be able to see the native quirks on a skilled out 'mech.

#280 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 02:24 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 03 May 2021 - 01:41 PM, said:

Depending how fast your game loads it, the in-game store is a viable alternative to alt-tabbing to a different screen. However, that's where my disagreement ends. It should totally be a thing to be able to see the native quirks on a skilled out 'mech.

I have a second monitor so its pretty easy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users