• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:26 PM

Little suggestion about SNPPC - why you don't make it work like LBX-AC, as shown in HBS BT?

#42 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:28 PM

Great update to the agility (finally) and armor redistribution! Looking forward to playing on the Canyon!

Last weeks just feel like riding on a train and you wish that it just goes on... :)

A big Thank You to everyone involved in making this train gooooo!

Go team MattKatz!!!!

#43 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:40 PM

I will give one more part of my message, which I left yesterday, since the LRMs were not changed in the past patch (april) and the current patch also ignores them:

In some previous patches, LRM received direct buffs (for example, a flat trajectory of missiles if the target is in line of sight of the LRM boat).
There were also indirect LRM buffs:
1 )The ECM was dealt with in a generally strange way. When building a mech with an ECM, you need to spend 1 (or 2) critical slots in the mech, 1 (or 1.5) tonns of available tonnage, but this ECM will not work, so that it would start working, need to spend another 13 skill points.
2) With the introduction of the skill tree, the Radar Deprivation module has been torn to pieces. Now, in order to take a full Radar Deprivation, you need to spend 16 skill points. It is important, do not forget that the Radar Deprivation works only if it was possible to hide from all enemys and, importantly, the enemy's UAV.
3) At the same time, the LRM boat needs to spend only 10 skill points in order to take the full Target Decay. Nobody notices anything (ECM 13 sp, Radar Deprivation 16 sp)? Maybe in this place it is worth somehow a little more fairly to treat LRM boats and other mechs?
4) With the combination of the group and solo queues in a quick play (which I personally have always opposed), LRM boats got the opportunity to create pre-made groups, including NARC-mechs in their composition.
Are you thinking of turning your attention to the effectiveness of the LRM boats and the ability of the other Mechs to effectively withstand them?

#44 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:42 PM

This is the patch I was waiting for.

#45 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:48 PM

Since I've seen people are confused by the SN-PPC damage.
it's 1.5 + 8 + 1.5
it's not 8 +1.5

#46 IanDresarie

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:50 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 17 May 2021 - 10:40 PM, said:

I will give one more part of my message, which I left yesterday, since the LRMs were not changed in the past patch (april) and the current patch also ignores them:

In some previous patches, LRM received direct buffs (for example, a flat trajectory of missiles if the target is in line of sight of the LRM boat).
There were also indirect LRM buffs:
1 )The ECM was dealt with in a generally strange way. When building a mech with an ECM, you need to spend 1 (or 2) critical slots in the mech, 1 (or 1.5) tonns of available tonnage, but this ECM will not work, so that it would start working, need to spend another 13 skill points.
2) With the introduction of the skill tree, the Radar Deprivation module has been torn to pieces. Now, in order to take a full Radar Deprivation, you need to spend 16 skill points. It is important, do not forget that the Radar Deprivation works only if it was possible to hide from all enemys and, importantly, the enemy's UAV.
3) At the same time, the LRM boat needs to spend only 10 skill points in order to take the full Target Decay. Nobody notices anything (ECM 13 sp, Radar Deprivation 16 sp)? Maybe in this place it is worth somehow a little more fairly to treat LRM boats and other mechs?
4) With the combination of the group and solo queues in a quick play (which I personally have always opposed), LRM boats got the opportunity to create pre-made groups, including NARC-mechs in their composition.
Are you thinking of turning your attention to the effectiveness of the LRM boats and the ability of the other Mechs to effectively withstand them?

Oh hell no. The Cauldron has proven and even aqknoledged in private that they don't use lock-ons. Given how much they messed up streaks and over-nerfed ATMs I pray they stay away from LRMs which are currently in a really good spot.

#47 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:55 PM

View PostIanDresarie, on 17 May 2021 - 10:50 PM, said:

Oh hell no. The Cauldron has proven and even aqknoledged in private that they don't use lock-ons. Given how much they messed up streaks and over-nerfed ATMs I pray they stay away from LRMs which are currently in a really good spot.

Nope, atms are fine, they just suck at close range. Lrms are still a bad weapon unless you have a tag/spotter
, narc or you boat them.

Streaks are still good against lights, they suck against heavies and assaults. Thank Kerensky we still have srms.

#48 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 17 May 2021 - 11:07 PM

View PostJohnny Slam, on 17 May 2021 - 10:26 PM, said:

Obviously the metabois agenda trumps everything

If it wasn't the Cauldron it would be someone else you'd be ragging on, let's be honest, and someone from the "metabois" already addressed your previous topic long ago, not sure why you're still on about it;

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6393349

View PostIanDresarie, on 17 May 2021 - 10:50 PM, said:

If their April patch wasn't enough of a indication that they feel that LRMs don't need an immediate change, I wouldn't think there would be a need to change them now. ATMs got blasted with changes simply because of what they had become, and SSRMs got changed because of how they played.

Edited by Scout Derek, 17 May 2021 - 11:10 PM.

#49 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 17 May 2021 - 11:09 PM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 17 May 2021 - 10:55 PM, said:

Streaks are still good against lights, they suck against heavies and assaults. Thank Kerensky we still have srms.
Streaks role should be anti light defense for larger mechs that have a spare missile slot or two and a ton of ammo. The problem I see with them when spectating is that most try to boat them and that just doesn't work. Smashes lights to bits that get too close but otherwise almost completely useless vs anything else even if its in range unless its particularly squishy or already opened up.

#50 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 17 May 2021 - 11:42 PM

View PostDithmenos, on 17 May 2021 - 09:07 PM, said:

tbh I still don't understand why you wanted to change one of the most played maps. people loved it the way it was. changing it is asking for negative backlash basically.

perhaps concentrate instead on maps players are avoiding so far?

Exactly this.
Why changing one of best maps ?
On the other hand realy stupid maps like terma, polar, and caustic = nothing.

#51 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 17 May 2021 - 11:56 PM

View PostSpeedy Plysitkos, on 17 May 2021 - 11:42 PM, said:

Exactly this.

Probably because it was easier to do the changes to plug up some of the nascar routes and impassible terrain for some mechs than it would be to totally overhaul those maps.

#52 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 17 May 2021 - 11:57 PM

View PostSpeedy Plysitkos, on 17 May 2021 - 11:42 PM, said:

Exactly this.

That is your opinion. Terra therma is unpopular because of high heat, a bad visibility, people who cant use any vissions and like to run in circles like bunch of ******* surely dislike it. I personally love it, especially for that last reason. Polar is fine for people who can utilize terrain to their advantage, use ecm radar dep etc. I agree though making some of its valleys deeper wouldnt make it worse.

Caustic is the same failure design like hpg and canyon, concentrating everyone into center. I hope that after hpg, caustic is next in line.

#53 Kaukas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 12:01 AM

good work people - thankyou , make more new maps and show love for Faction Warfare

good luck in real and virtual world

Edited by Kaukas, 18 May 2021 - 12:04 AM.

#54 StasRn

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 12:14 AM

View Postimhoopjones, on 17 May 2021 - 07:35 PM, said:

Give us an update on the stryker pack early adopter countdown please

Now we will do outer ring Zimbabwe nascar.

#55 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 May 2021 - 12:29 AM

Those Jenner quirks should have happened years ago. "CT too big! Side torsos getting shot off! Quirk it with armor? No, we'll do cartwheels to fix it!"

Well, better late than never. Posted Image

#56 Teemo41

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNew Hope, Minnesota

Posted 18 May 2021 - 12:50 AM

Is the Centurion-NCIX getting any changes?

#57 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 01:05 AM

View PostTeemo41, on 18 May 2021 - 12:50 AM, said:

Is the Centurion-NCIX getting any changes?

Well, it's a CN9-A base variant, so I guess it will share the values of its non-NCIX brethren.

Edit:

View PostLockheed_, on 18 May 2021 - 01:02 AM, said:

Just took a longer look at the new center of canyon. I could see where people would still nascar. If people nascar on polar around that little hill in the center, they can probably do it on the new center on canyon too.

People nascar on polar without any cover-providing terrain feature between them and the enemy. The point is that there will be less incentive to do so on Canyon Network.

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 18 May 2021 - 01:07 AM.

#58 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 18 May 2021 - 01:06 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 18 May 2021 - 01:02 AM, said:

Just took a longer look at the new center of canyon. I could see where people would still nascar. If people nascar on polar around that little hill in the center, they can probably do it on the new center on canyon too.

Agreed. I think nascar will still be a thing on this map, but whole center is now even more vulnerable to long range coming from all sides.

#59 Agyar30

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 01:18 AM

Patch is nice overall. I am eager to see canyon!

Poor jenner has proper arms now to wave while getting cored. Look it is a giant ct with armored arms! We are doomed! :)
Without rescale this is kinda pointless guys. I hope it happens soon.

#60 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 01:34 AM

NASCAR is a working tactic in a game there:
  • the teams are made of random solo players who don't know each other and their teammates loadouts
  • the match type is mostly deathmatch (even in conquest: kill the enemy first, cap later)
  • and the players have only one spawn (don't risk your only mech)
So changing the maps to prevent NASCAR don't work.

What would work to prevent NASCAR:
  • clear Attacker / Defender roles like in Siege (one Team attacks, one defends), not 2 teams try 2 things (attacking and defending) the same time
  • make victory by capping (like in Domination & Conquest) easier than victory by kiling the enemy (limited spawns & time limit)

Edited by Alreech, 18 May 2021 - 01:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users