Patch Notes - 1.4.241.0 - 18-May-2021

334 replies to this topic

#241 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 06:54 PM

Good job PGI, you're finally moving in the right direction.

#242 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 May 2021 - 07:02 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 19 May 2021 - 11:54 AM, said:

I dunno why speak tweak even exist if we just stuck to TT speeds we'd be fine especially for Omnimechs who can't change their engine.

Engine Desync occurred at the same time as the Skill Tree change in May 2017. Prior to that, the original Skill Tree, once filled out was the same selections for everyone..

The original generic Skill Tree. And the Speed Tweak was reduced either once or twice before the Skill Tree update/changed.

Posted Image

Then December 2015, PGI reduced several of the Skill Tree percentages, Kinetic, Hard Break Twist Speed, Arm Flex, Anchor Turn and Speed Tweak. Speed Tweak was dropped to 7.5%. iirc STweak originally maxed out at 15%...

https://mwomercs.com...38-01-dec-2015/

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 19 May 2021 - 07:05 PM.

#243 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 May 2021 - 07:25 PM

Holy crap! You've got a screenshot of that! Ain't that a blast from the past!! Back when you unlocked a single skill once, and you got the whole thing, rather than unlocking a skill in 5 or 15 small increments...

Man, talk about 20/20 hindsight... Skill Tree seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I miss the old leveling system, even if it did have that crappy "rule of 3". I'd still have modules to spend CB on, instead of having nothing left to buy...

#244 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 May 2021 - 07:55 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 19 May 2021 - 07:02 PM, said:

Engine Desync occurred at the same time as the Skill Tree change in May 2017. Prior to that, the original Skill Tree, once filled out was the same selections for everyone..

The original generic Skill Tree. And the Speed Tweak was reduced either once or twice before the Skill Tree update/changed.

Posted Image

Then December 2015, PGI reduced several of the Skill Tree percentages, Kinetic, Hard Break Twist Speed, Arm Flex, Anchor Turn and Speed Tweak. Speed Tweak was dropped to 7.5%. iirc STweak originally maxed out at 15%...

https://mwomercs.com...38-01-dec-2015/
that brings back memories

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 May 2021 - 07:25 PM, said:

Holy crap! You've got a screenshot of that! Ain't that a blast from the past!! Back when you unlocked a single skill once, and you got the whole thing, rather than unlocking a skill in 5 or 15 small increments...

Man, talk about 20/20 hindsight... Skill Tree seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I miss the old leveling system, even if it did have that crappy "rule of 3". I'd still have modules to spend CB on, instead of having nothing left to buy...
i still remember getting refunds for all those modules i bought...

#245 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,570 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 19 May 2021 - 08:53 PM

We wanted a new map, right?

This is a newish map... new map, yet feels somewhat familiar...
and with unexpected battles going on in multiple areas on the map!
Also highlights the need for AMS.

I like this map!

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 19 May 2021 - 06:29 PM, said:

...I also managed to take part in three battles in the New Canyons. The first fight was terrible.
My expectations were met.
1) The game begins with the widest NASCAR on low terrain, because the top of the map is perfectly shot by snipers and covered lurmwarriors.
2) Now this map is intended for trench wars, at least at the initial stage of the battle, while there is a rapprochement with the enemy and until a significant advantage of one of the opposing teams is achieved.
But now I'm not ready to say whether I like the new map or not. More battles need to be fought. Perhaps over time, routes will be developed that will allow teams to get closer, without being exposed to the fire of snipers and brave Lurm Warriors. But now, battles are tied up haphazardly in the most unexpected places, simply because the players are not yet familiar with the new terrain.
I really liked the large number of new ramps. They give a lot of freedom of maneuver. True, all of them, one way or another, lead to the top of the map under the fire of snipers and lurmwarriors.
Anyway, thanks for updating the map. These are new experiences.
Interested in the fate of the old version of the map. Will it be available in the game or should we forget about it?

Edited by w0qj, 19 May 2021 - 09:56 PM.

#246 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 09:55 PM

View PostPaladin IIC, on 19 May 2021 - 06:54 PM, said:

Good job PGI, you're finally moving in the right direction.
Generally i still disagree with a couple of things...

#247 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 493 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 10:14 PM

View Postw0qj, on 19 May 2021 - 08:53 PM, said:

We wanted a new map, right?

This is a newish map... new map, yet feels somewhat familiar...
and with unexpected battles going on in multiple areas on the map!
Also highlights the need for AMS.

I like this map!

With all due respect to you.
First, I emphasize again, I have not yet said that I don't like this map. In order to form my final opinion, I need more fights, more time.
Secondly, the society did not ask for a new map that would exclude the old one. Therefore, I and many other players are waiting for an answer, will the old map remain available for playing in QP? Posted Image
Thirdly, unexpected battles in several areas of the map are typical for any new map. Most recently, this was with the Rubellite Oasis, the new Terra Therma, the Solaris City, it will be so even if the old Terra Therma suddenly returns to the game. I assure you, a little time will pass, people will study the routes, paths, passable and impassable places, places where it is better for snipers to stand, places where it is better for lurmwarriors to stand, places where you can hide. And then the battles on the New Canyons will be proceed in the same way as on the any other maps: in two, maximum three possible locations Posted Image
Fourth. Is the need for near-useless AMS highlighted? Is that what you wanted to say? Well, it's very funny that you yourself emphasized with this phrase that this map is for lurmwarriors. After all, we all lacked one more Polar Highlands or Alpine Peaks Posted Image

#248 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 10:16 PM

this patch is a joke, well done, you turned MWO in to Hawken

#249 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 19 May 2021 - 10:50 PM

Huh, never heard of that one before. May hafta give it a go sometime when CW's slow if it's as good as MWO.

~Leone.

#250 VLADIVOSTOK DV

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 18 posts
  • LocationRUSSIA

Posted 20 May 2021 - 02:12 AM

The patch is very good. The map is super. Thanks to the PGI team. Патч очень хорош. Карта просто супер. Спасибо команде PGI.

#251 KRZZPFFF

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 02:21 AM

Thanks Guys,

I am very much enjoying the new map and the new mobility :-)

#252 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 May 2021 - 03:23 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 19 May 2021 - 10:14 PM, said:

Fourth. Is the need for near-useless AMS highlighted?

As someone who enjoys LRMs in small quantities (between 10 and 40 tubes, vs these 80-100 tube behemoths), I would hardly call AMS "near useless", when it can eat an entire 40 missile salvo, effectively shutting down my entire participation in a match unless I switch to a backup weapon system or try to pick of stragglers who stray too far from the AMS umbrella.

View PostRakiaTime, on 19 May 2021 - 10:16 PM, said:

I've seen videos of Hawken. This game is by no means "Hawken". Even if it gets ANOTHER doubling in speed, it still will be only half the pace of Hawken.

That said, I grow more and more interested by the day in a Private Lobby toggle box which will set all the mobility and weapon stats to their TT values. All heat and damage back to TT. All cooldowns to 10s, and all movement profiles reduced to what they would have been if lifted directly from TT (Annihilator with 200 engine turns at 18 deg/s. Dire Wolf turns 270 deg/s. Warhawk, Marauder, Thunderbolt, Hunchback, all turn 36 deg/s. etc). It's my expectation that the increased weapon cooldown combined with nothing being able to turn quite as quickly that will minimize the sudden-death syndrome that we got ourselves into previously with similarly low mobility but super-high weapon reload rates, so you could get five or ten shots off while a target was lumbering back into cover, instead of just one.

To be certain, as soon as I have a copy of MW5, I plan on modding it in a separate install to reflect that, although I'll be bummed there won't be Clan 'mechs to fool around with (I love me a Dire Wolf)

#253 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 May 2021 - 11:36 AM

i think there are many good elements with the new canyon map.
all the ramps and the bridges.
but i don't like that nearly all the top cover has been removed.

so overall i don't think its as good as the old version.

#254 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 941 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 20 May 2021 - 11:41 AM

Anyone else noted the texture errors of this new canyon map? Certain parts of the map sometimes just do not get textured (big, plain grey areas). Usually only a few such squares occur but met larger amounts of them once. Someone need to have a look on that for sure...

Generally, the patch not really changed things. Some mechs got faster and done, the rest of the noted things hardly affects the matches...

#255 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 12:06 PM

View PostFlanking Boy, on 20 May 2021 - 11:36 AM, said:

i think there are many good elements with the new canyon map.
all the ramps and the bridges.
but i don't like that nearly all the top cover has been removed.

so overall i don't think its as good as the old version.
to me it seems the exact opposite of before now you WANT to be at the bottom level so you don't get spotted for lurms

#256 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 12:40 PM

View PostRakiaTime, on 19 May 2021 - 10:16 PM, said:

I doubt you ever played Hawken, if that's your position.

#257 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 May 2021 - 12:45 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 20 May 2021 - 12:06 PM, said:

to me it seems the exact opposite of before now you WANT to be at the bottom level so you don't get spotted for lurms

Uhm, at least every time I played, you wanted to be at the bottom level, anyway, for the same reason. The top spikes just provided someplace to run to if you happened to be up top.

#258 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 01:23 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 20 May 2021 - 12:45 PM, said:

Uhm, at least every time I played, you wanted to be at the bottom level, anyway, for the same reason. The top spikes just provided someplace to run to if you happened to be up top.
Well people were whining about how before if you fell down as an assault or something slow you were pretty much dead but now you kinda want to be on the lower level.

#259 DeathDream

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 05:04 PM

Liking the update to the map, nice job!

#260 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 20 May 2021 - 07:13 PM

Looking forward to more mech mobility passes and rescale. The mobility has made the Firestarter, Atlas and Hunchy (the ones I tried so far) fun to play again.

I still favor 8v8 from back in the day (armor doesn't matter in TTK its number of weapons on the board)
I still want the LBX20 to be 10 slots so it can be arm mounted (like in TT) on jumpy highlanders and victors
The invisible hit boxes on maps are still BS and need to be patched out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users