• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:04 PM

OK, so did a quite productive run yesterday, and what's left...

Earn 5000 Ballistic Weapon Damage -  2743 / 5000
Earn 5000 Missile Weapon Damage - 2802 / 5000
Earn 5000 Energy Weapon Damage - 4496 / 5000
Accumulate 9500 Match Score - 8092 / 9500
Earn 1500 Damage with Clan ER PPC - 1217 / 1500
Earn 1000 Damage with IS SRM 4 - 672 / 1000
Earn 1500 Damage with IS Medium Lasers - 805 / 1500

Pretty much a smooth ride Posted Image

#82 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 881 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:43 AM

So I unintentionally started to accomplish this event. I had some cSRM6s in my inventory and a blanks SNV-A. Five match and the SRM6 part were done. But the IS part is something buggering. SRM4 to deal 1500 damage?! With what mech? Trial Commando? Forgottable for sure... With my lagging connection I evade light mechs as much as it is possible... But hey! Is there a decent medium SRM-boat under 3.500.000 C-bills?
Or at least drop us some engine sales, pretty please!
Also, in many cases caused damages not show up on the event screen without re-logging. Is this some new feature like the grey squares on the canyon map?

#83 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:52 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 10 June 2021 - 11:43 AM, said:

But the IS part is something buggering. SRM4 to deal 1500 damage?! With what mech? Trial Commando? Forgottable for sure... With my lagging connection I evade light mechs as much as it is possible...

As far as I see on my table above - just 1000 DMG. 1500 DMG is for IS Medium Laser (not ER). You should have plenty of these. Posted Image

But hey! Is there a decent medium SRM-boat under 3.500.000 C-bills?

Jenner came to my mind... But still gonna be above that limit. Unless you would consider the UrbanMech R68. Should fit all needed gear for this event.

Edited by Ch_R0me, 10 June 2021 - 11:53 AM.

#84 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 12:04 PM

So I unintentionally started to accomplish this event. I had some cSRM6s in my inventory and a blanks SNV-A. Five match and the SRM6 part were done. But the IS part is something buggering.With my lagging connection I evade light mechs as much as it is possible... But hey! Is there a decent medium SRM-boat under 3.500.000 C-bills?

Assassin is a good medium SRM-boat and it costs 3.500.000 C-bills. The problem is that you must spend additional 7.000.000 C-bills on upgrades. Other IS medium 'Mechs (capable of running multiple SRMs) cost even more. There are some good Hero 'Mechs, but they must be bought for .

Honestly, I do not think that it would be wise to buy a new 'Mech just to complete that SRM-4 part of the challenge. Just take any IS 'Mech you own and use SRM-4s as your secondary weapons.

SRM4 to deal 1500 damage?!

No, just 1000 damage.

With what mech? Trial Commando?

You can use any IS 'Mech that you own. That Trial Commando is here just to make sure that everybody can complete the challenge.

Friendly advice: Do not try to complete the challenge on one go. You still have more than three weeks available. Drop a few times in your SRM-4 armed 'Mech (or even in that Trial Commando) and once you get bored, switch to a different 'Mech.

#85 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 June 2021 - 02:00 PM

So I unintentionally started to accomplish this event. I had some cSRM6s in my inventory and a blanks SNV-A. Five match and the SRM6 part were done. But the IS part is something buggering. SRM4 to deal 1500 damage?! With what mech? Trial Commando? Forgottable for sure... With my lagging connection I evade light mechs as much as it is possible... But hey! Is there a decent medium SRM-boat under 3.500.000 C-bills?
Or at least drop us some engine sales, pretty please!
Also, in many cases caused damages not show up on the event screen without re-logging. Is this some new feature like the grey squares on the canyon map?

I'll second the advice to not try it all in one go. I managed to accomplish the SRM 4 part of the challenge with a stock Orion-VA (including the single heat sinks). It took a few days, and four or five drops per day, but again: there are still three weeks left. One drop per day over three weeks is 21 matches. Using a pair of SRM 4's, and a pair of medium lasers, you'll whittle away at the challenge until it's complete in that time.

#86 Katrina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 10 June 2021 - 02:47 PM

IMHO....For the SRM4 portion of the event I just ran an Archer 5W. You can shove 9 SRM4s in it and be done with that part of the event pretty quick. For the medium lasers, a Grasshopper or Hunchback should complete that.

#87 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:02 PM

View PostKatrina Steiner, on 10 June 2021 - 02:47 PM, said:

IMHO....For the SRM4 portion of the event I just ran an Archer 5W. You can shove 9 SRM4s in it and be done with that part of the event pretty quick. For the medium lasers, a Grasshopper or Hunchback should complete that.

Or one could do a FireStarter for the I.S. Medium Lasers part, and then a BushWacker for the I.S. SRM4 part... Just some alternate interesting choices there... B)

~D. V. "Sometimes, a shorter Mech is perhaps a better choice?" Devnull

#88 evlkenevl

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:24 PM

We're this far into the event and the 0-dmg +Artemis problem is still going?

#89 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 June 2021 - 07:01 PM

View Postevlkenevl, on 10 June 2021 - 06:24 PM, said:

Artemis equipment will not count towards the event. The game registers artemis-equipped missile systems as a separate and distinct weapon, and won't combine standard and augmented SRM launchers, even if they have the same number of tubes.

#90 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:42 PM

View PostKatrina Steiner, on 10 June 2021 - 02:47 PM, said:

I took the Black Knight for a few games. After I got bored, I switched to the Shadow Hawk and to the Griffin, so I could work on those energy/missile requirements in one drop.

View Postevlkenevl, on 10 June 2021 - 06:24 PM, said:

The problem is not SRM-4/SRM-6 with or without Artemis IV. This is absolutely immaterial and it can be completed in a few drops.

The real problem is that neither Daeron Katz nor Matt Newman have bothered to go, edit the event page with just one sentence (Artemis IV-enhanced SRM-4/SRM-6 racks do not count towards the "1000 damage with SRM4/SRM-6" goal.) and save it, even though they can see that there is some confusion among the players.

#91 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:30 PM

View Postmartian, on 10 June 2021 - 08:42 PM, said:

The real problem is that neither Daeron Katz nor Matt Newman have bothered to go, edit the event page with just one sentence (Artemis IV-enhanced SRM-4/SRM-6 racks do not count towards the "1000 damage with SRM4/SRM-6" goal.) and save it, even though they can see that there is some confusion among the players.

Yes. Or just adding

Earn 1000 Damage with SRM 4/6 or SRM 4/6 with Artemis IV

along with proper backend adjustment.

Both would then count easily.

Edited by Ch_R0me, 10 June 2021 - 10:32 PM.

#92 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 11 June 2021 - 08:13 AM

Hello all,

I wonder how long it takes for a high skill/tier player to complete this event. I'm an entirely average player and it took me around eight hours (46 matches).

Just curious...

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 11 June 2021 - 08:59 AM.

#93 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 11 June 2021 - 08:30 AM

Not been timing it but the ballistic part always takes me the longest because I dont typically use ballistic mechs. Looks like everyone else has reached the 5k missile damage part though, the sky is blotted out with LRMS once more :P

#94 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 08:52 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 11 June 2021 - 08:30 AM, said:

Not been timing it but the ballistic part always takes me the longest because I dont typically use ballistic mechs. Looks like everyone else has reached the 5k missile damage part though, the sky is blotted out with LRMS once more Posted Image

I used a Frenzy for the SRM4 challenge, and the free Huntsman I earned from a previous event for the C-SRM6 portion. The rest I did with MRMs. Didn't take very long.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#95 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 10:21 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 11 June 2021 - 08:13 AM, said:

Hello all,

I wonder how long it takes for a high skill/tier player to complete this event. I'm an entirely average player and it took me around eight hours (46 matches).

Just curious...

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

I am just an ordinary player, but I needed a few hours on Saturday. The challenge is not as difficult as many people say it is.

View PostCFC Conky, on 11 June 2021 - 08:52 AM, said:

I used a Frenzy for the SRM4 challenge, and the free Huntsman I earned from a previous event for the C-SRM6 portion. The rest I did with MRMs. Didn't take very long.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

I used various 'Mechs that let me work on two goals simultaneously. So I used MAD-9M Marauder for energy/missile damage and the old Hero "Killya" for energy/ballistic damage.

Oh, those sentinental feelings - it used to be a real powerhouse ... years ago. Posted Image

#96 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 881 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 11 June 2021 - 11:16 AM

After a few minutes of examination among the IS mechs I have and I may buy... Well, I took my Hatamoto and rearmed it with 4xSRM4s and 3xMLs. Looks really strange now but adequate to accomplish the event (and have a speed of 70kph what surprising for an assault).
The 1500 damage with C-ER PPC took me three matches to fulfill. With my Executioner (armed with 4 PPCs) it were a challenging but funny task. An average ~520 damage per matches (but only 1-2 kill and KMDD? The heck?!).

#97 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,403 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 11 June 2021 - 11:57 AM

Folks, as experienced players it might "take a few games" to achieve SRM/ML/ERPPC damage goals.

For new players still stuck on freely-available unskilled Champion mechs, with suitable skilled-up mechs of their own, it is a *major* endeavor for them to achieve SRM/ML/ERPPC damage goals. No CBills to buy standard variant mechs, and no 1+ Million CBills to upgrade engine, and no CBills to buy weapons. Heck, it takes 600,000 CBills to buy each Clan ER-PPC Weapon, and you need multiples of them!

New players would be better off to stick with freely-available unskilled Champion mechs and grind them out.

At least they have 1 month, which is achievable in that timeframe.
Especially those total 5,000 damage goals.

Enough time? Yes.
Painful? Yes, it's a painful grind for them.

Some are still asking "how to shoot down an UAV", as an indicator of their MWO skills right now.

Personally, I wish that MWO has some sort of Team Store, where a Team (with Team leaders' appropriate permissions) an allow trusted new Team members to buy engine/weapon/components with Team Credits from the Team Store. One obtains/grinds Team Credits only by playing with the Team in MWO, either in QP or FP. This would entail a major expansion of the Team system, but doable IMHO. A meaningful social aspect of MWO Team play.

Edited by w0qj, 11 June 2021 - 12:26 PM.

#98 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:23 PM

View Postw0qj, on 11 June 2021 - 11:57 AM, said:

Folks, as experienced players it might "take a few games" to achieve SRM/ML/ERPPC damage goals.

For new players still stuck on freely-available unskilled Champion mechs, with suitable skilled-up mechs of their own, it is a *major* endeavor for them to achieve SRM/ML/ERPPC damage goals. No CBills to buy standard variant mechs, and no 1+ Million CBills to upgrade engine, and no CBills to buy weapons. Heck, it takes 600,000 CBills to by each Clan ER-PPC Weapon, and you need multiples of them!

New players would be better off to stick with freely-available unskilled Champion mechs and grind them out.

Enough time? Yes.

Some are still asking "how to shoot down an UAV", as an indicator of their MWO skills right now.

Personally, I wish that MWO has some sort of Team Store, where a Team (with Team leaders' appropriate permissions) an allow trusted new Team members to buy engine/weapon/components with Team Credits from the Team Store. One obtains/grinds Team Credits only by playing with the Team in MWO, either in QP or FP. This would entail a major expansion of the Team system, but doable IMHO. A meaningful social aspect of MWO Team play.

PGI gives free mechs away every month so I would suggest that new players shouldn't worry about it too much. The two light mechs given away this month, while useful, are not worth giving yourself aggro over.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 11 June 2021 - 12:32 PM.

#99 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:17 PM

For new players still stuck on freely-available unskilled Champion mechs, with suitable skilled-up mechs of their own, it is a *major* endeavor for them to achieve SRM/ML/ERPPC damage goals. No CBills to buy standard variant mechs, and no 1+ Million CBills to upgrade engine, and no CBills to buy weapons. Heck, it takes 600,000 CBills to buy each Clan ER-PPC Weapon, and you need multiples of them!

Enough time? Yes.

They come out of the academy/cadet bonus with enough money to buy and fit out 3-4 mechs as long as they don't go buying clan assaults. Complaining for the sake of the bottom few percent of the population doesn't really help anything.

#100 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 11:57 PM

For new players still stuck on freely-available unskilled Champion mechs, with suitable skilled-up mechs of their own, it is a *major* endeavor for them to achieve SRM/ML/ERPPC damage goals. No CBills to buy standard variant mechs, and no 1+ Million CBills to upgrade engine, and no CBills to buy weapons.

The last month PGI gave away the Champion Timber Wolf. This 'Mech is pretty good and it needs no upgrades to engine, structure, armor or cooling system.

As for the money needed to buy weapons, each cadets leaves the introductory phase with ... dunno ... 30 million C-Bills?
The last month's challenge even rewarded players with seven days of Premium time (useful for making C-Bills).

This Madcat alone is so good that one can go through the entire challenge with it, with the exception of those IS SRM-4/IS Medium laser requirements.

Clan ER PPCs? Clan Ultracannons or Gauss Rifles? Clan SRMs, Streaks, ATMs or LRMs? The Madcat can accept them all.

Posted Image

They can go to the Training grounds and train shooting down UAVs for hours, if needed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users