#141 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 06:59 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 June 2021 - 06:48 AM, said:

Most of these weapon buffs are unnecessary and all these buffs in general are getting ridiculous. You won't be happy until every loadout is a one-shot kill smh

More intentionally baiting posting from you, seeking arguments and disruption.

Reported.

#142 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:05 AM

View PostK19, on 21 June 2021 - 05:47 PM, said:

Nice see game not change. End never move out beta... :S thank kill my best map PH :S make new maps not remake old maps you kill this map joke mod "Domination" make ramdom more fun... no never like use you players make this game best. like see next map dead Viridian Bog and Tourmaline Desert . like meel work. Show desert map never show... artly use in mech more funny... this game PVP only fun new players. you Chenge in Canyon Network vrs2 bugs in map not chenge. Map more easy play need use Skilll "Jokes" make game wors ouhter players Simic you see all move all spot jump LRM use same never chenge make game more skill use map help players use skill make LT mech win more money in scouting not fire *** big mech.... see arrond. Posted Image dont like GT Posted Image

Yep, making dom circle random would add new life to the mode.

View PostMcGoat, on 24 June 2021 - 06:59 AM, said:

More intentionally baiting posting from you, seeking arguments and disruption.

Reported.

You can't take criticism? Is everyone supposed to enjoy all your changes without complaint?

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 24 June 2021 - 06:59 AM, said:

Ah yes LPPC and SNPPC doing 0.5 more damage and 0.25 higher CSSRM missile damage will make every single mech turn into nuke as soon as they hit them.

Yes cuz heavy lasers really needed buffing.. and erl's.. among others.. really? Where do they come up with these?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 24 June 2021 - 07:06 AM.

#143 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:07 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 June 2021 - 07:05 AM, said:

You can't take criticism? Is everyone supposed to enjoy all your changes without complaint?

I can take criticism fine. What you do is of zero benefit to anyone in the community.
(Also, I have stated previously that I am not a member of the Cauldron and these changes are not "mine".)

Instead of blatantly causing disruption in open communication why do you not offer alternative solutions with proper data to support them?

Everything with you is just cancer, period.

Also, stop editing your damn post constantly.

#144 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:09 AM

Yes cuz heavy lasers really needed buffing.. and erl's.. among others.. really? Where do they come up with these?

Again to quote you "You won't be happy until every loadout is a one-shot kill smh" when only 3 weapons will recieve almost minimally possibly incrimental buffs possible indicating either your inability to read or more likely just wanting to spew **** as per usual. They come up with this by actually playing the game and knowing how it works and then discussing it for hours on end until they are certain with proposed numbers.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 24 June 2021 - 07:10 AM.

#145 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:10 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 24 June 2021 - 06:59 AM, said:

Ah yes LPPC and SNPPC doing 0.5 more damage and 0.25 higher CSSRM missile damage will make every single mech turn into nuke as soon as they hit them.

It's cumulative.. this is going to be the second round of mainly buffs. I'm sure by the time the patch is released, they'll have added even more buffs..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 24 June 2021 - 10:33 AM.

#146 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:11 AM

Going "me no like >: (" isn't criticism.

Edited by Monke-, 24 June 2021 - 07:12 AM.

#147 Armchair General

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:13 AM

Guys, please don't start a fight about weapon changes in this thread. This thread is meant for patch feedback/discussion and not about potential still-in-discussion future changes. If you must then create a new thread under General Discussion. Thank you!

#148 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:20 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 24 June 2021 - 07:09 AM, said:

Again to quote you "You won't be happy until every loadout is a one-shot kill smh" when only 3 weapons will recieve almost minimally possibly incrimental buffs possible indicating either your inability to read or more likely just wanting to spew **** as per usual. They come up with this by actually playing the game and knowing how it works and then discussing it for hours on end until they are certain with proposed numbers.

Damage isn't the only way to buff a weapon.. adding range, decreasing cooldown, and adding health are all part of weapon buffing too; and these 'increments' as you say, add up.

But i'll stop talking about weapon buffs.. and how TTK and match times will go further down. I only brought it up because it was brought up by someone else.

#149 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:20 AM

View PostKuaron, on 24 June 2021 - 05:14 AM, said:

I’d had wished to see attempts to optimize the gameplay towards something more, let’s say, simulationistic and less torso-twisting, which sadly already seems to be the main skill attribute of this game.

Why would you want to reduce torso twisting?

#150 Daneel Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 173 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 June 2021 - 08:07 AM

View PostMonke-, on 24 June 2021 - 07:20 AM, said:

Why would you want to reduce torso twisting?

It's the speed. It's worth mentioning that even before this patch this game had a fast torso twist relative to MW5 that is out right now and other games in the past. I see on streams that a lot of upper tier players jerk to the site immediately after firing so I understand why they would want that to be maxed out.. any pilot would. It just needs to be balanced and somewhat realistic to feeling you are in a giant machine's cockpit rather than simply wearing a suit of armor. So the answer as to why would be to make it more authentic. Certainly any test pilot warrior would demand from engineering as agile of a mech as possible, but generally speaking MWO was already very fast. This is not to say it isn't fun by any means, because it is. It's just I'm not sure I want to press on with this trend. If anything I would walk it back to something like MW5. Or maybe in the future we could even have sim mode and arcade mode. You know, when we grow the player base by 100k, right?

Edit: or rather classic and alpha strike mode ha

Edited by Daneel Hazen, 24 June 2021 - 08:10 AM.

#151 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:46 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 June 2021 - 06:33 AM, said:

Nah it's fine.

Too late. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Y E O N N E, 24 June 2021 - 09:47 AM.

#152 MechNexus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:50 AM

Well, I for one think this was a lovely patch - Mechs feel better, Polar Highlands is now a genuinely good map, and i'm now even more confident that the game is heading in the right direction. Looking forward to those proposed balance changes too.

#153 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:10 AM

View PostY E O N N E, on 23 June 2021 - 04:39 PM, said:

HPG Manifold is next.

Ah, nice to know. Will be interesting to see what gets changed there. I hope the crawl spaces for small mechs remain - speaking of which, I also hope the rescaling doesn't mess with that :D

#154 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:10 AM

View PostY E O N N E, on 24 June 2021 - 09:46 AM, said:

Too late. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's the one of the most voted for maps.. but you guys live in your own little world. Hope you don't screw it up like you are the weapon systems with the power creep..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 24 June 2021 - 10:11 AM.

#155 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:42 AM

So...after more testing on flamers, I find they really don't need anymore heat damage to enemy mechs, and that once range is at least 100 m from skills, its halfway decent.

Yeonne, I kind of see the point a little from playing more matches, it can get overpowered if you can keep a whole team shutdown, granted it takes skill and timing to do so.

That being said, after playing dozens of matches, I feel like one change is needed...the damage output for flamers is just so dismal. I think at most it could be 0.4 damage, 0.35 would make it half of light mg, but I would be satisfied if it was just 0.2...

Edited by SockSlayer, 27 June 2021 - 05:06 PM.

#156 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:48 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 June 2021 - 10:10 AM, said:

It's the one of the most voted for maps.. but you guys live in your own little world. Hope you don't screw it up like you are the weapon systems with the power creep..

You do know that the people suggesting mobility changes, and the person rebuilding maps are different, right?

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 24 June 2021 - 10:49 AM.

#157 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 24 June 2021 - 11:10 AM

View PostDaneel Hazen, on 24 June 2021 - 08:07 AM, said:

It's the speed. It's worth mentioning that even before this patch this game had a fast torso twist relative to MW5 that is out right now and other games in the past. I see on streams that a lot of upper tier players jerk to the site immediately after firing so I understand why they would want that to be maxed out.. any pilot would. It just needs to be balanced and somewhat realistic to feeling you are in a giant machine's cockpit rather than simply wearing a suit of armor. So the answer as to why would be to make it more authentic. Certainly any test pilot warrior would demand from engineering as agile of a mech as possible, but generally speaking MWO was already very fast. This is not to say it isn't fun by any means, because it is. It's just I'm not sure I want to press on with this trend. If anything I would walk it back to something like MW5. Or maybe in the future we could even have sim mode and arcade mode. You know, when we grow the player base by 100k, right?

Edit: or rather classic and alpha strike mode ha

One thing to bear in mind is that whilst we all want something that conveys big stompy robots, we also want to reward players who don't stare, and actively work to try and survive for as long as possible by making the most of the damage transfer mechanics. It's a key factor in making deadside builds useful, as well as allowing players to survive as long as possible during a match.

In short it increases TTK by rewarding smart play, without penalizing weapon systems to the point where you feel like your only hope to kill an opponent is by giving the player an epileptic seizure via tag lasers on chainfire. Mistakes should be painful but not immediately fatal, and this is a good means to achieve that.

#158 Poseidolon

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 11:54 AM

View PostLeone, on 24 June 2021 - 10:48 AM, said:

You do know that the people suggesting mobility changes, and the person rebuilding maps are different, right?

~Leone.

But Francois is basing much of his changes on what those people are saying, is he not? I believe he mentioned that in a video.

#159 Daneel Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 173 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 June 2021 - 01:53 PM

View PostDaidachi, on 24 June 2021 - 11:10 AM, said:

In short it increases TTK by rewarding smart play, without penalizing weapon systems to the point where you feel like your only hope to kill an opponent is by giving the player an epileptic seizure via tag lasers on chainfire. Mistakes should be painful but not immediately fatal, and this is a good means to achieve that.

I can appreciate that, and I could be mistaken but I believe the prevailing wisdom of the time from the original slow down tweaks years ago was to increase time to kill.I hope you're right though!

#160 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 01:55 PM

View PostDaidachi, on 24 June 2021 - 11:10 AM, said:

In short it increases TTK by rewarding smart play, without penalizing weapon systems

I’d rather penalize weapon systems if needed. At least I’d not be buffing them. To create some, so to call, skill sink for more depth in using your giant multi-ton war machine, allow something like fixing the torso location and move the arms separately (solving the problem of unpopular arm mounts compared to torso mounts at the same time) instead encouraging the pre-buff already borderline silly torso twisting even more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users