#101 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 22 June 2021 - 02:44 PM

View PostSable Dove, on 22 June 2021 - 02:08 PM, said:

Also, I see flamer talk, and people saying they're fine as is. But are they ever useful in any situation other than bullying an isolated PPC sniper? Unless they're all alone, trying to flame someone who's not alone generally just gets you annihilated by their teammates.

Yes. They're great in the brawl. Just one flamer is a heat neutral advantage that'll either stop one mech from firing a salvo, or'll shut that mech down at argueably the worst time.

~Leone.

#102 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 02:51 PM

View PostSable Dove, on 22 June 2021 - 02:08 PM, said:

Was honestly hoping they'd cut the dimensions down on Polar by a third or more. The worst part about it was/is that it takes about 2-3 minutes of walking before you could possibly even see an enemy.

Also, I see flamer talk, and people saying they're fine as is. But are they ever useful in any situation other than bullying an isolated PPC sniper? Unless they're all alone, trying to flame someone who's not alone generally just gets you annihilated by their teammates.

You are my hero for this post. Thank you! No amount of flamer can beat a whole team and rarely has unless they suck...period.

#103 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 22 June 2021 - 03:58 PM

StormCrow is broken. Turns in turbo.
New Polar is Hibernal Re-Hashed. JumpJets will win the day. It's only redeeming quality is its still large.
LRM cry won that "re-imagining".

#104 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 22 June 2021 - 06:08 PM

Any word on new mech chassis? Gib Hauptmann, bring us IS Omnis.

#105 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 22 June 2021 - 06:41 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 22 June 2021 - 01:14 PM, said:

In the absence of any reason not to, every match on every map will be "go to centre and rotate". Trying to hold a perceived advantageous position of any sort just means you split the team and are destroyed in detail. Ergo, recon is a waste of time. Just follow the team to the middle and rotate as normal.

That's pretty pessimistic even if it's backed by time-tested logic and reason.

SHAME ON YOU!

#106 DangerousOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 08:50 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 22 June 2021 - 06:08 PM, said:

Any word on new mech chassis? Gib Hauptmann, bring us IS Omnis.

You won't gonna like IS Omnis in this game.

#107 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 09:07 PM

View PostDangerousOne, on 22 June 2021 - 08:50 PM, said:

You won't gonna like IS Omnis in this game.

You should not focus on the Owens and and Strider. There are lots of IS Omnis that would actually be quite good in this game.

#108 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 11:15 PM

I just played my first match on the new Polar Highlands. 1,078 damage done in my LRM boat. Woo Hoo! I love this new map! LRM Boat paradise!!!!!!!

#109 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 23 June 2021 - 12:33 AM

Too many 0-100 damage players in my team, unable to play with my Tier 2.

#110 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:35 AM

View Postgritty181, on 22 June 2021 - 02:07 PM, said:

Night Gyr?

It was updated in May.

Refer to May Patch Notes for more details

#111 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 23 June 2021 - 02:49 AM

It was too many camping already. New camping map.

Thats why night mode could help... Too many snipers and potato camping.

#112 Krow-Magnon

Rookie

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 6 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery

Posted 23 June 2021 - 03:14 AM

Having a bug with the Stormcrow Prime. Standing still and turning is way to fast. Didnt know where to post this

#113 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 03:15 AM

once again mainfocus on IS side....
Nice new map just watched it in testingground, still waiting for goodies for Clan or nerf for IS side.
Still no work on Clan ssrm. so Vulcan and Quickdraw still OP, Cyclops still stronger then counterpart on Clan. best movings on IS side....should i say it again and again? where is the work on balancing? AGAIN just the nonplusultraselfsaying Pro get their stuff done.

#114 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 03:24 AM

View PostRizzi Kell, on 23 June 2021 - 03:15 AM, said:

once again mainfocus on IS side....
Nice new map just watched it in testingground, still waiting for goodies for Clan or nerf for IS side.
Still no work on Clan ssrm. so Vulcan and Quickdraw still OP, Cyclops still stronger then counterpart on Clan. best movings on IS side....should i say it again and again? where is the work on balancing? AGAIN just the nonplusultraselfsaying Pro get their stuff done.

Please read Page 2.

#115 byter75

• PipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 08:12 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 22 June 2021 - 01:04 AM, said:

It helps it by giving some of its lost punch back... your calculation falls apart the moment you lift your finger off the trigger. In a realistic case, you are not holding down trigger, for 40 seconds with no delay, loss of lock and/or any other interruptions. Due to that any dps-based advantage just goes away as simple as that.

Well... yes and no.
When talking about just the alpha strike then sure, the damage over time doesn't matter much. However we shouldn't look to just one aspect of a weapon when trying to balance it (otherwise why are we even bothering with adjusting its cooldown and heat?).
Damage over time does matter to streaks because you will need to use the weapon against a variety of opponents during a match and because the weapon isn't exactly great at peaking (due to needing locks) or focusing damage (lots of splash damage), which means you do often want to damage your opponents over time.

As a general rule, streakboats want both mobility (to get good positioning) and tubes (to kill with).
Whilst it's true that many players crudely focus on just the alpha strike with as many tubes as possible, please don't forget the players who can capitalize on good positioning to leverage the dps of streaks over time (which can easily encompass engage times of 20-40 seconds).
If we want to address large numbers of tubes clans can boat, we really should just change ghost heat mechanics, rather than messing with the dps, dph & ammo ecconomy whilst also being relatively flippant to the times these factors actually matter.

#116 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 08:43 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 22 June 2021 - 12:59 AM, said:

Imagine all the complaints about motion sickness! Posted Image

Most games have a On/Off switch for "Head bobbing" as they call it : Why not also in MWO ?! Posted Image

#117 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 23 June 2021 - 09:00 AM

So, now that Polar Highlands rework is (mostly?) done, what maps will be next?
My votes would be on cutting both forest colony classic "maps" (both awful) first and then see which remaining maps need some updates.
btw: loving the new spawn points for conquest on Tourmaline Desert (haven't played other modes there yet), way better dynamic for everything that way.

#118 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 09:43 AM

All vs all mode ;)

#119 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 04:39 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 23 June 2021 - 09:00 AM, said:

So, now that Polar Highlands rework is (mostly?) done, what maps will be next?
My votes would be on cutting both forest colony classic "maps" (both awful) first and then see which remaining maps need some updates.
btw: loving the new spawn points for conquest on Tourmaline Desert (haven't played other modes there yet), way better dynamic for everything that way.

HPG Manifold is next.

#120 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 04:47 PM

View PostSlightlyMobileTurret, on 23 June 2021 - 04:09 AM, said:

Great! Are you considering anything similar for Heavy PPCs?

Not at this time. Removing min-range entirely across all PPCs did come up in conversation, but more as a "testing the mood of the group" sort of thing.

The PPC family has a very delicate internal balance. The reason PPCs are getting damage fall-off is because it's hard to justify taking them instead of HPPCs for mid range and because there are straight-up-better PPCs for short and long range. Light PPCs have their own niche as filler weapons. So we're going to try giving PPCs an additional boon to offset the extra ton and hardpoint they consume over HPPCs and see if this makes them palatable.

I'm not really sure these two need that much help. They double the regular IS lasers in damage, deal excellent damage per tick, and have raised the alpha strike damage of many mechs considerably already.

Why consider buffing them?

Heavy Mediums are seldom used; they have exactly one niche on the Black Lanner. The duration, cooldown, etc. are all too much for the range they operate in to be competitive against IS Medium Lasers despite their increased damage.

Heavy Larges are currently completely out-classed by C-LPL, especially now that you can fire 3x C-LPL with only a minor inconvenience in the ghost heat (i.e. a MAD-IIC with 2HLL+6CERML = 77 alpha, 3CLPL+6CERML = 78, the latter is dramatically superior). They are more broadly useful than Heavy Medium Lasers, though, I will grant that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users