Patch Notes - 1.4.242.0 - 22-June-2021

220 replies to this topic

#81 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 07:54 AM

Cauldron has rescale recommendations already done, but rescale is a labor-intensive task and PGI has not yet committed any resources to doing it at this time.

#82 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 09:19 AM

View Postw0qj, on 21 June 2021 - 09:14 PM, said:

Desperately need Smurfy.net to update weapons stats, or another website to do the same.
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/equipment

And no, MechDB does not even come close to the visual representation needed to make MechLab choices for my mech layout selection. (How many weapons for IS Large Laser vs Large Pulse Laser before ghost heat? What is optimal/max range? What is total damage of 4xLL vs 3xLPL? And what total heat output for each? Cooldown time? etc. etc.
http://mech.nav-alpha.com

MechDB can do most of that though? If you highlight a weapon it will tell you the cooldown time, optimal/max range, damage, heat, etc. It will even tell you both the base numbers as well as what the numbers will be on that mech once quirks are applied. It doesn't tell you ghost heat limits, but that will likely be included in the update that Navid mentioned.

#83 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 22 June 2021 - 10:10 AM

Im totally against buffing mobility rates of piranhas, locusts and fleas. Those things are already hard to trade against, because they manage to get behind cover before 1/2 of your laser beam burns out, or before you charge up gauss.

Im not saying they need to be slower, but absolutely not faster.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 22 June 2021 - 10:11 AM.

#84 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 22 June 2021 - 10:14 AM

My hope is that the agility buff to the mechs in this patch makes their ability to fight back against lights possible.

#85 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 22 June 2021 - 10:29 AM

View PostY E O N N E, on 21 June 2021 - 05:46 PM, said:

These values are not finalized, Cauldron is meeting later today on Wednesday to have one last debate and reach consensus about them.

Any talk of dropping the IS LBX20 to 10 slots? As of right now it is pretty much only used in assault mechs that can carry two of them. It would be a great weapon in Highlander/Victor arms (esp once JJ get some love) and other jumping mechs like Marauders if it didn't require a STD engine. IMO HG requiring STD makes sense but LBX20 does not.

Thank you for all the great work BTW. This game is actually fun again :)

#86 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 10:47 AM

Quick question on the rules here. Is playing an Invasion Stormcrow considered an exploit?

Edited by MechWarrior177013, 22 June 2021 - 11:11 AM.

#87 Serenna187

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 10:48 AM

View PostY E O N N E, on 21 June 2021 - 05:46 PM, said:

These values are not finalized, Cauldron is meeting later today on Wednesday to have one last debate and reach consensus about them.

Any words about ATMs being made usefull again?As is they literaly are just LRMs,within optimum range that is, with a deadzone

#88 FailMK

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 10:58 AM

Hey guys. Am playing the new patch, seems like Uziel has bugged acceleration/deceleration. Anyone else having this issue? Maybe a dev can look into the mech's values?

Edited by FailMK, 22 June 2021 - 11:05 AM.

#89 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 22 June 2021 - 12:29 PM

View PostSockSlayer, on 21 June 2021 - 08:51 PM, said:

Can anyone actually say they are fine the way they are?

Yes. Yes I can. I flame often. In fact I was trying to convince my unit to include a flamer cheetah in every wave during CW back afore they fixed the brokenness.

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 21 June 2021 - 09:10 PM, said:

Looked at the video given by you. Frankly speaking, in this video I did not see that at least one flamethrower broke. You lost four Flamers in your arms because your arms were destroyed...
Or I just didn't understand what you are talking about due to poor automatic translation (I'm not an English-speaking person).

Fair. English is weird and annoying sometimes. Broken as in unbalanced. The flamers, when chain-fired failed to ever ramp up heat on the firing mech, meaning that Artic Cheetah could fire forever from the arms without worry, overheating everything. For that mech torso mounts were for extra heat and arms were always on when an enemy was about.

~Leone

Edited by Leone, 22 June 2021 - 12:50 PM.

#90 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 12:42 PM

https://clips.twitch...AGIVRcaIPwFIIFk

I mean, it's not really an advantage, still would like a ruling on this

#91 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 12:49 PM

#92 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 12:53 PM

I have a different patch related question - Anyone know if there will be another "Sale for Science" given the wide changes to all mechs? Feels like there should be something soon... please? Posted Image

#93 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 22 June 2021 - 01:02 PM

For all the hate on Blake, please run around the new PH map in testing grounds before a real match. And use a jumper lol.

Proper preparation prevents poor performance.

#94 DeltaWhite

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 22 June 2021 - 01:13 PM

Cant pass thru this 2 structures with heavy mech and the space is enough to do it
<blockquote class=[color=#FFFFFF]Posted Image[/color]

#95 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 01:14 PM

View PostBolo Atari, on 22 June 2021 - 01:02 PM, said:

For all the hate on Blake, please run around the new PH map in testing grounds before a real match. And use a jumper lol.

Proper preparation prevents poor performance.

In the absence of any reason not to, every match on every map will be "go to centre and rotate". Trying to hold a perceived advantageous position of any sort just means you split the team and are destroyed in detail. Ergo, recon is a waste of time. Just follow the team to the middle and rotate as normal.

#96 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 01:55 PM

FYI, the Uziel's sluggish accel/decel is a known bug. Sounds like there are likely at least a few others.

View PostNavid A1, on 22 June 2021 - 11:20 AM, said:

Known issue,... typos in data entry on PGI side (example 281 was typed 21).
Other mechs are also affected in other ways

#97 gritty181

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 02:07 PM

Night Gyr?

#98 Sable Dove

• Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 02:08 PM

Was honestly hoping they'd cut the dimensions down on Polar by a third or more. The worst part about it was/is that it takes about 2-3 minutes of walking before you could possibly even see an enemy.

Also, I see flamer talk, and people saying they're fine as is. But are they ever useful in any situation other than bullying an isolated PPC sniper? Unless they're all alone, trying to flame someone who's not alone generally just gets you annihilated by their teammates.

#99 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 June 2021 - 02:13 PM

Err...what's so special about the Invasion Stormcrow, and is it: SCR-Prime(I) ?
Nothing special about its quirks...

View PostMechWarrior177013, on 22 June 2021 - 10:47 AM, said:

Quick question on the rules here. Is playing an Invasion Stormcrow considered an exploit?

#100 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 02:15 PM

View Postw0qj, on 22 June 2021 - 02:13 PM, said:

Err...what's so special about the Invasion Stormcrow, and is it: SCR-Prime(I) ?
Nothing special about its quirks...

just watch the clip

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users