July Patch Warden Booster Pack Preview

114 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 11:30 AM

MechWarrior Online July Patch Warden Booster Pack Preview

Matt, Daeron, Mark, and Francois take a look at the Warden Pack Content and a temporary graphical change in Canyon Network.

Time Stamps

• Intro 00:00 - 01:00
  • Warden Mech Skins and Bolt-ons 01:01 - 03:41
  • Service Restart 03:42 - 03:59
  • Break dancing Bolt-ons 04:00 - 05:27
  • Canyon Network Temp Change 05:28 - 05:50
  • Warden Pack Cockpit Items Preview 05:51 - 08:59
  • Not revealing the Quirks 09:00 - 09:36
  • The Batchall 09:37 - 09:52
  • Creepy Clowns 09:53 - 10:43

QUIRKS! Many of you have reached out asking for us to preview the quirks, prior to the patch notes. We hear you, so here they are!

Timber Wolf TBR-BH(S)

Timber Wolf TBR-BH(S)
CHASSIS C-BILL BONUS +30%
TORSO YAW ANGLE +10
BASE ARMOR (CT) +5
BASE ARMOR (LT) +8
BASE ARMOR (RT) +5
Set of 8 Bonuses
PULSE LASER HEAT GEN. -7.5%
TARGET INFO GATHERING +30%
SENSOR RANGE +100
XP BONUS +2.5%

Dire Wolf DWF-C(S)

Dire Wolf DWF-C(S)
CHASSIS C-BILL BONUS +30%
JUMP JET BURN TIME +6%
BASE ARMOR (CT) +6
BASE ARMOR (LT) +10
BASE ARMOR (RT) +15
JUMP JET CAPACITY +3
Set of 8 Bonuses
VELOCITY +10%
TORSO YAW SPEED +10%
TURN RATE +10%
XP BONUS +2.5%

Preorder the Warden Pack here

Warden Pack Delivery Date: July 20th

EARLY ADOPTER BONUSES EXPIRE:
AUG. 17TH 23:59:59 (PDT) (AUG. 18TH 6:59:59 UTC)

REMINDER!
There will be a Warden Pack Challenge Event once the pack is delivered.
DO NOT sell your Standard Variants until the event has concluded!

#2 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 11:33 AM

#3 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 11:46 AM

What are the quirks. All I care about is the quirks.

Give me the quirks Mark.

#4 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 401 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 15 July 2021 - 11:48 AM

omg these elementals are cute.

nice job PGI <3

#5 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 15 July 2021 - 11:52 AM

Wow, gotta say, I really like the little bit of flavor added to Canyon Network!

#6 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 July 2021 - 11:53 AM

Got partway through the video, and had to stop to point out: "POINT"!!! These 'mechs have a POINT of Elementals bolted to them. Not a Star. That is all. Posted Image

Oh, that's not all. The other thing (which has been said before) is noting the irony of putting elemental boltons on the Bounty Hunter, who was an Inner Sphere pilot who fought AGAINST the Clans, and just happened to salvage a Timber Wolf after he was shot out of his Marauder.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 15 July 2021 - 12:02 PM.

#7 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 15 July 2021 - 12:28 PM

I was happy with the purchase before seeing those elementals. But now ... Posted Image Posted Image

#8 nuttyrat

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 94 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 15 July 2021 - 12:44 PM

Yeah I'm going to need like .... 600 of those war horns and standing cockpit items so i can outfit my mechs properly. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#9 shazui

Rookie

• The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 12:52 PM

Must say I am appreciating the informality in the videos, nice to know not all things are always perfect.
Do think that the elementals are awesome.

#10 RJF Daniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 12:58 PM

Is each elemental a separate bolt-on?

#11 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 01:07 PM

The quirks, Mark.

View PostMark Nicholson, on 15 July 2021 - 11:33 AM, said:

So, given that I was involved in this pack end-to-end, I figured everyone here might enjoy a bit more of what went into it. But first, I found that old creepy clown banshee jack in the box we talked about in the vlog.

Posted Image

We better be getting that. I'd totally buy it, its kind of neat.

Edited by My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, 15 July 2021 - 01:07 PM.

#12 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 15 July 2021 - 01:12 PM

Love the elementals! I hope we can buy them seperately as well, wouldn't mind putting one or 2 on some of my other mechs to have a little buddy come with me into battle. Also, I would like to toss out my support to make the water in Canyon Network a permanent addition to that map. I think it adds a nice touch to an already well designed map.

#13 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 01:22 PM

#14 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 01:25 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 15 July 2021 - 01:22 PM, said:

I won't be posting Quirks here, but it's my suspicion they'll be up with the patch notes.

Shame, I wanted to see the quirks before I committed to a purchase.

And there's already a much better Javelin-in-the-box, which was made from this thing. you should go check that out instead.

I like it because it looks so bad.

#15 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 01:27 PM

#16 Kurt the Merc

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 01:54 PM

Thanks you guys this all looks awesome. Also great idea putting water in the canyons

Do the torso elementals fit with the double missle TBR-S torso pods, or is there clipping?
I love my quad srms

#17 Daneel Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 173 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 July 2021 - 01:59 PM

This is the most righteous thing I have seen in a long time.

Activate enhanced imaging.

(Turkina pls!)

Edited by Daneel Hazen, 15 July 2021 - 02:00 PM.

#18 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 15 July 2021 - 02:05 PM

Are the C-Bill variants of the TBR and DWF going to get quirks similar to these? Because right now those quirks are better than the existing quirks on the chassis, even though the hardpoints are already decent on their own merits. This isn't like the Stryker pack where they had inferior hardpoints so they needed extra quirkage to be viable.

Edited by FupDup, 15 July 2021 - 02:06 PM.

#19 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 July 2021 - 02:30 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 15 July 2021 - 11:33 AM, said:

But first, I found that old creepy clown banshee jack in the box we talked about in the vlog.

Posted Image

An interesting object... and very distinctly different from the Javelin-in-the-Box too. Maybe it happens that I'm crazy, or perhaps I wonder who all would want this in their cockpits... but I think you and the others should make a final version of this Clown-Banshee-in-the-Box item for release. If nothing else, it would make a great reward for an Event Challenge whenever the ol' April Fools' Day stuff comes around. Can you imagine someone pairing it with the Fools' WarHorn in their own personal cockpit setups? :D

Also, please pass along to Francois (or as Matt told me to call him, Frank) that I think he may have an absolute hit in adding all that extra water zoning to the Canyon Network terrain for increased interesting gameplay. I will very much look forward to this upcoming change to the map, and the overall visual effect which it may have upon battles. :)

This does come with one question worth asking, which someone else decided to mention to me. With all that added water on the terrain, is there also the ability to get increased cooling from standing in it? Or are those Mechs which equip Single Heat Sinks (or for the Clans, their version of the Double Heat Sink systems) in the legs completely out of luck on getting extra cooling on the lower terrain? Or was that whole "cooling bonus for legs with Heat Sinks in water" thing never a part of MWO during all these years? :o

And not to forget, between seeing this preview of the Warden Pack items, the Quirks (Likely defined as Set-Of-Eight in nature, right?) that are being shown as possible for release, those special cockpit items (in particular, that WarHorn which looks like Night Vision Goggles being hard-mounted), and the Clan Elemental Bolt-Ons, those Mechs are going to be something to enjoy too. I will also look forward to seeing all of it emerge on the battlefields. Hey, even this emoji fits right now... B)

View PostFupDup, on 15 July 2021 - 02:05 PM, said:

Are the C-Bill variants of the TBR and DWF going to get quirks similar to these? Because right now those quirks are better than the existing quirks on the chassis, even though the hardpoints are already decent on their own merits. This isn't like the Stryker pack where they had inferior hardpoints so they needed extra quirkage to be viable.

Hello there... I would personally like to ask you to not overreact so much as of yet about those Quirks which have been listed for the Warden Pack's Mechs which are incoming. Why? Because it's more than likely that most (as in, all the ones between "Chassis [C-Bills] Bonus" and "Base Armor" Bonuses in particular) of those Quirks have a deadlock of requiring the Set-Of-Eight being completely undisrupted. Otherwise, if those aren't so "Set-Of-Eight deadlocked" as I happen to think they are, you might have something going on there... at which point, then please start panicking unless The Cauldron is swinging through with some kind of Crazy Quirk Pass that I am unaware of. ;)

~D. V. "thinks that Mark Nicholson should implement the Clown-Banshee-in-the-Box....... and some other thoughts" Devnull

#20 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 15 July 2021 - 02:35 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 15 July 2021 - 02:30 PM, said:

Hello there... I would personally like to ask you to not overreact so much as of yet about those Quirks which have been listed for the Warden Pack's Mechs which are incoming. Why? Because it's more than likely that most (as in, all the ones between "Chassis [C-Bills] Bonus" and "Base Armor" Bonuses in particular) of those Quirks have a deadlock of requiring the Set-Of-Eight being completely undisrupted. Otherwise, if those aren't so "Set-Of-Eight deadlocked" as I happen to think they are, you might have something going on there... at which point, then please start panicking unless The Cauldron is swinging through with some kind of Crazy Quirk Pass that I am unaware of. Posted Image

My point isn't that they're OMG OP, because they objectively are not at all; My point is that it feels like the preexisting variants have been neglected for a long time.

Also I'm looking more at the armor quirks which are not locked to set-of-8 and which both chassis sorely needed across all variants (perhaps excluding DWF-UV). The TBR's set of 8 isn't any sacrifice because the hardpoints are good, but the DWF does at least sacrifice ballistics for it.

Edited by FupDup, 15 July 2021 - 02:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users