• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:20 AM

"Hurt"
"Angry"
"Upset"

This whole discussion is accusatory, divisive and honestly reeks of a witch hunt.

#82 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:21 AM

View PostTENTACLE BOSS, on 04 October 2021 - 06:19 AM, said:

PGI needs consistent standards. Allow anyone to advocate any political view or ban all of it. No weird weaselly in-betweens where some people have free speech and others do not based on what is in-vogue on social media to support right now.

Last thing I say in this post, peoples human rights is not a political view

Have a great Night/Day

Edited by live1991, 04 October 2021 - 06:22 AM.

#83 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:22 AM

View PostFar Reach, on 04 October 2021 - 06:20 AM, said:

"Hurt"
"Angry"
"Upset"

This whole discussion is accusatory, divisive and honestly reeks of a witch hunt.

I'm sorry people were mean to you because they saw through your "I actually care about trans people, really, honest!" schtick for what it actually is

#84 Der Kopfsammler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:26 AM

This whole thread has been entretaining tbh, I just want to see the irony of destroying, or getting destroyed by "trans rights" in game. Posted Image

Edited by Der Kopfsammler, 04 October 2021 - 06:26 AM.

#85 TENTACLE BOSS

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:27 AM

View Postlive1991, on 04 October 2021 - 06:21 AM, said:

Last thing I say in this post, peoples human rights is not a political view Have a great Night/Day

The politics comes through the form of the additional/unique rights you demand. You have the same human rights as the rest of us. When you ask for special privileges in addition with regards to speech, in work places, governance, and the ability to enter sex specific fields/spaces then that is a matter for political consideration, this game is not the place for it. You will not shove your propaganda in my face during matches.

#86 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:35 AM

View Postpattonesque, on 04 October 2021 - 06:22 AM, said:

I'm sorry people were mean to you because they saw through your "I actually care about trans people, really, honest!" schtick for what it actually is

"Saw through my" Yeah, enough with your disingenuous backhanded sleights.
You entire argument hinges on your assumption that you are hated.
I guess nothing I can say will sway you of this "evil me" image but it's a good thing I'm mature enough not to become that just to spite you.
But what of others?
You drive away/insult potential allies, telling them - telling them that they do/will hate you.

Can you not reconcile your behavior with its outcome?

#87 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:36 AM

View PostFar Reach, on 04 October 2021 - 06:35 AM, said:

I guess nothing I can say will sway you of this "evil me" image but it's a good thing I'm mature enough not to become that just to spite you.
But what of others?
You drive away/insult potential allies, telling them - telling them that they do/will hate you.

I'm not trans so this assumption does not apply to me. You're also not a potential ally so I feel no need to appeal to you. Again, you hate trans people, but you couch your hatred in pretending to care about them, because you don't want to be called out for it.

#88 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:37 AM

The dumb discussions going on here make GMP's decision to stamp out any discussion look like the sane and reasonable choice.

I will expand upon my point, both sides are dumb.

Edited by My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, 04 October 2021 - 06:58 AM.

#89 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:39 AM

Does this mean MWO is becoming a SJW battlefield like so many other games, comics, movies, franchises, and who cares about the flag? I'm not white and I couldn't care less how people pimp their mechs.

#90 Beet Wagon

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:39 AM

View PostFar Reach, on 04 October 2021 - 06:35 AM, said:

But what of others?

I'm not sure why you think you'd strike anyone as a "potential ally" tbh

#91 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:41 AM

View Postpattonesque, on 04 October 2021 - 06:36 AM, said:

I'm not trans so this assumption does not apply to me. You're also not a potential ally so I feel no need to appeal to you. Again, you hate trans people, but you couch your hatred in pretending to care about them, because you don't want to be called out for it.

You are lost.

I'm thrilled that I somehow become a focal point for this horsepucky.
And beatwagon on the bandwagon.
Classic.

#92 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:43 AM

View PostFar Reach, on 04 October 2021 - 06:40 AM, said:

You are lost.

View PostFar Reach, on 04 October 2021 - 05:19 AM, said:

Any post editing was for specificity, not to be more biting.

Surgery and hormones cannot change your gender.
If the internet did not exist these fad crises wouldn't either.
I do not hate any of you.
Regardless of the fences and foils you throw up - It is indeed all in your mind.
I want you to understand that there is nothing abnormal/wrong with any of you.

I sincerely promise you that a year or two with no net, living in the sticks would cure all these maladays.
No, I guarantee it.

explain to me what about this makes you a potential ally to trans people. again, you hate them and prefer they not exist so you don't have to jump over a hurdle that's about an inch off the ground. you're just too much of a coward, personally, to actually come out and say just that, so you pretend like you care about them. you don't.

#93 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:45 AM

View Postpattonesque, on 04 October 2021 - 06:43 AM, said:

explain to me what about this makes you a potential ally to trans people. again, you hate them and prefer they not exist so you don't have to jump over a hurdle that's about an inch off the ground. you're just too much of a coward, personally, to actually come out and say just that, so you pretend like you care about them. you don't.

You're making an excellent case for me to start hating them. And I get the feeling that's the whole purpose of this charade.

#94 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:46 AM

Glad to see PGI correcting this decision. I'm happy to see the MWO Comp team making such a clear statement in support of trans folk and human rights in general.

Trans rights are human rights.

#95 Dogmeat1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 123 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:47 AM

View Postrafamarafa, on 04 October 2021 - 05:45 AM, said:

basically the team name was changed because they dont want to get cancelled on twitter by a bunch of children who cant take a joke. If you are trangender and cant accept yourself for who you are and then yell at others to accept them for what they are not maybe look at yourself instead of demonizing everyone else most people just want to be left alone , get woke go broke

we dont hate trans people , trans people hate themselves and want to be what they arent , we mostly just want to be left alone lol

So basically the team name got changed originally because a bunch of soft skinned children got offended by the word "trans" and then mass reported them in order to get moderators to ban them. So based on that I can only assume you are a supporter of cancel culture because that sure seems like cancel culture to me and you seem to be in favour of PGI's original decision.

Personally I'm not a fan of trying to get someone cancelled who holds a legitimate opinion or stance different from my own. So being that I am against cancel culture, I completely agree with PGI's decision to reverse their ban and apologize. So which side are you on?

Edited by Dogmeat1, 04 October 2021 - 06:48 AM.

#96 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:51 AM

View PostFar Reach, on 04 October 2021 - 06:45 AM, said:

You're making an excellent case for me to start hating them. And I get the feeling that's the whole purpose of this charade.

I'd prefer you not hate them, actually, and if someone being mean to you on the internet is enough to make you hate them then it sounds like you made up your mind already.

Put it this way. You claim you don't hate trans people -- you just think they're mentally deluded, make light of their concerns as something invented by the internet, and want them to change to suit you. If you don't hate them, you're certainly doing a good impression of someone who does.

I'll ask you this, then. What about trans people leads you to insist upon all these things rather than accepting them?

#97 TENTACLE BOSS

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:55 AM

View PostDogmeat1, on 04 October 2021 - 06:47 AM, said:

So basically the team name got changed originally because a bunch of soft skinned children got offended by the word "trans" and then mass reported them in order to get moderators to ban them. So based on that I can only assume you are a supporter of cancel culture because that sure seems like cancel culture to me and you seem to be in favour of PGI's original decision. Personally I'm not a fan of trying to get someone cancelled who holds a legitimate opinion or stance different from my own. So being that I am against cancel culture, I completely agree with PGI's decision to reverse their ban and apologize. So which side are you on?

I'm not the guy you're replying to but I dislike cancel culture as well. I think PGI should have an absolute standard, where any political cause can be advocated for, or none can be advocated for. Consistency, equal treatment, expression for everybody or nobody. No in-betweens. You agree, right?

View Postpattonesque, on 04 October 2021 - 06:51 AM, said:

I'd prefer you not hate them, actually

If you don't want him to hate them, then you should maybe stop othering him, and insisting that he must. What that does is drive people away from your worldviews, and into the company of your enemies.

#98 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:58 AM

View Postpattonesque, on 04 October 2021 - 06:51 AM, said:

I'd prefer you not hate them, actually, and if someone being mean to you on the internet is enough to make you hate them then it sounds like you made up your mind already.

Put it this way. You claim you don't hate trans people -- you just think they're mentally deluded, make light of their concerns as something invented by the internet, and want them to change to suit you. If you don't hate them, you're certainly doing a good impression of someone who does.

I'll ask you this, then. What about trans people leads you to insist upon all these things rather than accepting them?

Well, your not helping here. It feels like you are cornering people, seeing how they'll react when pressed. Heinous behavior tbh.
This is how atrocities start, once you're certain the other side is just hiding their hate, once you insist.
You become no better than that which you pretend to hunt.

#99 Beet Wagon

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:58 AM

That guy was never and is never going to be a "potential ally" lol

#100 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts