#61 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 07 May 2022 - 02:02 AM

View PostMrVaad, on 07 May 2022 - 12:17 AM, said:

Although if you've set the particle setting to LOW in the game, you already have e_ParticlesQuality=1.

Indeed. But he asked for the tweak so I didn't add in the ingame setting. Both of course do the same thing.

Also are there any more commands not used in your tweaker to get even more quality out of the game engine?

Just upgraded to a 3080 12gb and it eats that preset I posted at 4k for breakfast. So I have lots of headroom to add in even more bling. Posted Image

Edited by Meep Meep, 07 May 2022 - 02:06 AM.

#62 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 06:33 AM

I want to give a report on the NVIDIA Driver.
With the most actual drivers the games gets very clumsy after 1 hour or so.

I have to restart.

I went back to the STD W10 Drivers and the games stay stable, also the set variable for openssl seems to make the client under AMD more stable.

May it help some one else too.

Special Regards too MrVaad and MEEPMEEP :)

#63 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 07 May 2022 - 01:24 PM

Yeah I downgraded from the latest nvidia driver because it was screwing up streaming video and causing odd random crashes in certain games. Mwo has been fine for me though.

#64 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 21 May 2022 - 09:33 AM

I not used this stuff so far but it could scan my system\hardware config and offer me the best fitting settings? Or need I manually try (and fail thus repeat) to set everything?

#65 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 23 May 2022 - 04:02 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 21 May 2022 - 09:33 AM, said:

I not used this stuff so far but it could scan my system\hardware config and offer me the best fitting settings? Or need I manually try (and fail thus repeat) to set everything?

If your current hardware runs mwo on all very high settings with stable frames then you can use this tweaker to get some extra visual bling without issues. In most cases its only forcing the game to use higher quality texture and lodding at mid to long range which for most semi modern systems isn't going to be too much of an extra load and can actually stabilize your fps when it was dipping before.

My old gaming rig of 4th gen i5 and gx 960 can use that script I posted for maxing out the lodding and bling with no issues at 1080p keeping a steady 60 everywhere. The same cpu with a 1080ti can run it 4k without issues and my current 10th gen i5 and 3080 eat it up.

#66 Sarogath

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 08:37 AM

thank you very much for all the tweaks and especially the documentation for the parameters that can be used in user.cfg.

i suffered greatly from the HUD eating up almost 50% of my game performance.

for other users who might be having the same problem as me, you can try to alleviate your problems by adding the parameters:

sys_flash_curve_tess_error=10
sys_flash_edgeaa=0

to your user.cfg.

The first parameter controls tesselation on the HUD, it is set to 1 by default which seems to be rather resource hungry. I put it on 10 and received quite a hefty FPS boost when the HUD is active. Values >10 do degrade the visual quality of the HUD but it is still playable.
The second parameter is the anti-aliasing for the HUD by default it is set to 1 (meaning on) switching it off gained me a *little* extra performance aswell but wasn't quite as noticable as with the tesselation tweak. Visual degradation is most noticable on the textbits and weapon cooldown bar borders.

Edited by Sarogath, 27 May 2022 - 08:54 AM.

#67 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 27 May 2022 - 11:52 AM

View PostSarogath, on 27 May 2022 - 08:37 AM, said:

thank you very much for all the tweaks and especially the documentation for the parameters that can be used in user.cfg.
i suffered greatly from the HUD eating up almost 50% of my game performance.

for other users who might be having the same problem as me, you can try to alleviate your problems by adding the parameters:

sys_flash_curve_tess_error=10
sys_flash_edgeaa=0
to your user.cfg.

Can you tell me your system specs ? A lot of people have fps problems with the hud.
I have a ryzen 2600 and a GTX 1080, and i can't measure a 1% difference when disabling the hud.

#68 Sarogath

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2022 - 08:12 AM

i'm kind of embarassed to tell. my system is a pile up of hardware people had spare ontop a system i built like 10 years ago.

AMD Athlon II X4 600e, 6GB RAM,Geforce GTX 970 and it's a gigabyte motherboard of which i'm too lazy to look for the production serial but it's about as old as the processor. as you can see i'm lacking in performance a lot and CPU and RAM are my biggest bottlenecks. also still running on Win7.
i can not quite say how much of a percentage increase it brought on my system but i am now getting a somewhat decent and playable framerate around 30FPS with HUD on (small dips in FPS on some effects/explosions still tho).

Edited by Sarogath, 28 May 2022 - 08:14 AM.

#69 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 28 May 2022 - 11:22 AM

Holy carp.. The gpu is more than fine and 6 gb ram is also fine at least for this game but the cpu. Yeow I'm surprised its still supported because it's missing many modern graphics api in its chipset. If you can find a way to upgrade the cpu and mobo then you can allow that 970 to fully perform and beat the poop out of mwo. Dunno what your budget is but ebay has great deals on used cpu and mobo and if you can afford say a 4th gen i7 and mobo it will pair perfectly with your gpu.

edit;

Here is a $63 i7 4770k and a nice $52 msi h81m mobo to stick it on that will allow for a mild overclock to get a bit more performance out of it.

Mobo: https://www.ebay.com...0%7C2500%7C3000

Cpu: https://www.ebay.com...rIAAOSwQnRij5Fg

$40 16 gb ram kit as you probably do not have the correct type.

https://www.amazon.c...nkCode=ogi&th=1

Add in your gpu and other components and that will game perfectly at 1080p with near any game and wipe the floor with mwo.

Edited by Meep Meep, 28 May 2022 - 02:02 PM.

#70 Sarogath

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2022 - 01:45 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 28 May 2022 - 11:22 AM, said:

Holy carp.. The gpu is more than fine and 6 gb ram is also fine at least for this game but the cpu. Yeow I'm surprised its still supported because it's missing many modern graphics api in its chipset. If you can find a way to upgrade the cpu and mobo then you can allow that 970 to fully perform and beat the poop out of mwo. Dunno what your budget is but ebay has great deals on used cpu and mobo and if you can afford say a 4th gen i5 and mobo it will pair perfectly with your gpu.

i agree, sadly i'm not and haven't been in a financial situation to spend money on PC upgrades for quite some time as you can see by the age of my components. also upgrading my CPU will probably force me to upgrade my power supply unit too. suffice it to say even though it's components are horrificaly outdated for 2022 it still manages to run some other gaming gems like W3 or ARMA3. yet updates aren't really planned but rather happen as old hardware breathes its' last. ;D

#71 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 28 May 2022 - 02:06 PM

If your current psu can handle the 970 its more than enough for a newer cpu especially a 4th gen intel as they were low power models. Guess its down to budget.

#72 Snake2208

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 11:40 AM

Haven't seen this or the config, it has work pretty good in the last month out of the box and with a bit of tinkering it stays at 60fps, well almost :P cryengine being cryengine... Thanks for this!

#73 Gunfighter1964

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 07:08 PM

I am using an HP Laptop with the following:

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Graphics Controller Intel UHD 620
Display Memory: 8260 MB
Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
Shared Memory: 8132 MB

Is there anything your config mod can do with this? I am experiencing random "app terminated unexpectedly" crashes and
already determined it is not my processor overheating, Adjusting power options did nothing to stop the problem.
I did change my Attributes.xml files to the fix in the older "integrated graphics card" thread and that has helped.

#74 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 June 2022 - 06:51 AM

View PostGunfighter1964, on 10 June 2022 - 07:08 PM, said:

Is there anything your config mod can do with this? I am experiencing random "app terminated unexpectedly" crashes and
already determined it is not my processor overheating,

Hi,
You can try a few things with MWOConfig :

1 . In the cache tab, disable the cache options (click add for each setting, then uncheck the checkboxes).

2. In the rendering tab, set r_BatchType to 0

3. Click the "install settings" button to install your selected settings in MWO
(this will create two files in mwo's folder: user.cfg and tuning.cfg).
If you have problems, click the "uninstall" button, this will delete the two files from mwo's folder.

4. You can also try to replace MWO's stock shader cache with empty files
Get these from the link below (ShaderCache.pak and ShaderCacheStartup.pak to copy in [MechWarrior Online install directory]\Engine )
https://github.com/M...O-MrVaad-Tweaks
-> This will make MWO generate only the shaders you need

Edited by MrVaad, 11 June 2022 - 07:17 AM.

#75 Gunfighter1964

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 11:23 AM

View PostMrVaad, on 11 June 2022 - 06:51 AM, said:

Hi,
You can try a few things with MWOConfig :

1 . In the cache tab, disable the cache options (click add for each setting, then uncheck the checkboxes).

2. In the rendering tab, set r_BatchType to 0

3. Click the "install settings" button to install your selected settings in MWO
(this will create two files in mwo's folder: user.cfg and tuning.cfg).
If you have problems, click the "uninstall" button, this will delete the two files from mwo's folder.

4. You can also try to replace MWO's stock shader cache with empty files
Get these from the link below (ShaderCache.pak and ShaderCacheStartup.pak to copy in [MechWarrior Online install directory]\Engine )
https://github.com/M...O-MrVaad-Tweaks
-> This will make MWO generate only the shaders you need

Excellent. Thanks very much.

#76 Gunfighter1964

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 02:13 PM

OK, now I get "error while installing to MWO folder".

Lord, what I go thru to play this game.

#77 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 June 2022 - 02:47 PM

View PostGunfighter1964, on 11 June 2022 - 02:13 PM, said:

OK, now I get "error while installing to MWO folder".

1. Don't install MWOConfig where you have installed MWO. You can put it anywhere but not in the MWO folder.

2. Is the correct MWO folder displayed in the top left of MWOConfig ?
If MWO is in "c:\program files\", some windows do not authorise to write files there.
You can try to start MWOConfig with admin rights.

Edited by MrVaad, 11 June 2022 - 02:55 PM.

#78 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:37 AM

Could this be added so MWOConfig autoincludes this line?

Posted Image

#79 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 28 June 2022 - 03:50 AM

Did Navid just post that recently as I thought this was already known?

Also just updated my custom user config from the second page. Now all entities should be rendered at all ranges. Load up alpine peaks without it then use the custom config and try it again. Something to note is that recent maps redone by francois seem to already have their core lodding values upped greatly over the original maps as they benefit very little from these changes. It's the older maps that haven't gotten a refresh that get the most improvement.

#80 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 04:31 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 28 June 2022 - 03:50 AM, said:

Did Navid just post that recently as I thought this was already known?

Thought this was a recent post. I only learned about this today.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users