Patch Notes - 1.4.249.0 - 14-December-2021

147 replies to this topic

#101 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 09:57 AM

just give me the Crusader, then I'll give you money again. Everything else is just useless noise.

#102 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 11:12 AM

View PostSaved By The Bell, on 13 December 2021 - 08:38 AM, said:

Jagermech was one of my best mechs, until they did its body weak. No need arms when your torso is made of glass.

My interpretation of the Jagermech changes is that the Cauldron seems to be trying to overall buff them without making them overpowered. I expect that they'll see a slight drop in performance instead, but if that is the case they'll just undo some of the torso nerfs later.

This won't be the last patch they make, so some trial and error changes are fine. You won't be able to make improvements if you're too afraid of making a mistake to change anything. There are several chassis and variants that got buffs in previous patches that are still pretty awful; they'll be looked at again and hopefully be closer to being viable. And if those changes aren't enough to make them viable, or go too far and make them overpowered, then they can be altered again.

#103 Doc Cernunnos

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 11:21 AM

Not too excited about the changes to the jagers. Love getting ammo quirks, but really dislike getting forced to use a specific weapon system with variants to take advantage of the bonus. This is a disincentive to experiment with different load outs, which is half the fun in this game.

Of the jager builds currently occupying my bays this pass makes the viability of one of them questionable, and slightly benefits two others. . We will see how the armor / structure (it is an overall net loss) changes work out. . .

Overall, not too happy with this pass.

EDIT TO ADD:

Thank you for the new map!!

EDIT AFTER UPDATE:

I was wrong. The extra ammo is worth it (can now do 4 AC 5s without ammo limitations) and my guilty pleasure dual gauss build I thought would be ruined just moved from the S variant to the A variant and is EVEN BETTER NOW! Faster cooldown and more range. . . Now, if only we could get more gauss ammo for jagers. . .

Edited by Doc Cernunnos, 14 December 2021 - 04:52 PM.

#104 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 13 December 2021 - 01:37 PM

View PostCh_R0me, on 13 December 2021 - 05:45 AM, said:

Looks like very low-res textures.

Are you aware, what you're asking? Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You mech-jock, count me in! Posted Image

This would only work well if the SRM pods were gyroscopically stabilized to keep them level and not point skyward or in the dirt while moving.

#105 Appuagab

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 04:40 PM

Dual AC-20 Jager is finally back? Nice.

#106 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 13 December 2021 - 11:53 PM

View PostCyrilis, on 12 December 2021 - 04:48 AM, said:

Just to double check:
Any news on the missing AMS Hardpoint UM-R80, right shoulder? Announcement post https://mwomercs.com...rewards-program
states there will be one, but it's missing ingame.

So, I contacted support on this (thanks to martian for the hint). AMS hardpoint on UM-R80 is in queue for fixing!

#107 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 December 2021 - 05:17 AM

View PostWid1046, on 13 December 2021 - 06:08 AM, said:

The buff to the MLX-Prime LT should be moved to the LA or So8. Right now it'll just buff the meta B RA, ED LA missile build. This gives no reason to break away from that meta and is just a straight buff to it since no other LT has any quirks other than armor (and the Prime LT has the same armor quirk as all the others).

I could whistle you a tune on this one, which would probably get interrupted by my being surprised in several ways... Want to know why? Because it happens that I had already suggested this Extra 25% Missile Ammo Quirk @ https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/281797-patch-notes-142480-23-november-2021/page__view__findpost__p__6434986 as a Left Arm thing, albeit that it looks like it might have met with a "Corrupt-A-Wish Genie" of some kind... I had no idea that they would see it as something to make open to more OmniPod combinations, particularly when I was trying to avoid causing an OverPowered Build situation and maintain some respectful give-and-take to design choices. But, it looks as though I might not have foreseen something which caused The Cauldron to broaden the effect beyond that singular OmniPod's scope. Let's hope that since the change could partially be blamed on me, then it might work out for the best, eh? :huh:

And as for adding the Extra 25% Missile Ammo Quirk to the So8 pack alone, it happens that I would not recommend doing such. That kind of action would actively punish people for not limiting their Build in rather detrimental manners, and I think we want to avoid landing most of the MLX's Variants back into obscurity through what Quirks are being allocated. The trick here is to promote Build Variety instead of restricting things, but without making an OverPowered Meta start appearing. :(

Although it leaves me to wonder, what would those of The Cauldron end up doing if the "MLX-I" got introduced into MWO's available options? We certainly do not want to end up back in an era of Negative Quirks ever having need of presence. :o

~D. V. "Gets how 'Wid1046' feels on some MLX LTs getting the 25% Extra Missile Ammo" Devnull

[Minor Edit by the Post Author due to a Formatting Flub-Up happening...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 14 December 2021 - 05:19 AM.

#108 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 14 December 2021 - 07:46 AM

Yay new map day!

#109 The Testiclops

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 252 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 14 December 2021 - 10:56 AM

Leave CERLL's alone or buff the ShadowCat.. I'm so tried of my favorite build sucking *** then doing well and back and forth we go.

Edited by The Testiclops, 14 December 2021 - 10:58 AM.

#110 Duskwing

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 12:38 PM

Great job with the new map, I like it! It's like Hellebore Springs in a natural state, before someone installed a big gun emplacement and terraformed the place to make it into a more defensible area. Far more vertical a place for jumpjetting, but also has deeeeep canyons which to fall to your death if you're not careful. ^^

Noticed that there's a map boundary thingie in C7 corner, where you go out of bounds before hitting the redline... Just when you get up on those orange pools of water up there. Also in B3 there's the old gate generator hanging in air, but that's easy to spot and probably know thingie.

Beoynd that... Seen just small scrubs of grass hanging a bit in air, but all in all looks really good. : )

#111 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 14 December 2021 - 12:38 PM

Well, new map is hard.

#112 Lifeblight

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 02:16 PM

So the Summoner only gets the extra ammo with a set of 8?

#113 BigBadVlad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 02:53 PM

Hellebore OutPost C8/C7 there's like some waterfall pools that are in bounds on the map but if jump up there out of bounds, boom! Took me less than 10 minutes to find...... Posted Image

Edited by BigBadVlad, 14 December 2021 - 02:54 PM.

#114 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 02:59 PM

New map is brilliant! Thanks PGI

#115 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 05:14 PM

New map looks Beautiful and dynamic thanks PGI! (Still fix the bugs tho, I want to snipe from on top of the waterfalls)

#116 VLADIVOSTOK DV

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 18 posts
  • LocationRUSSIA

Posted 14 December 2021 - 05:33 PM

Карта великолепна. Это потрясающе.
The map is great. It's amazing.

#117 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 12:20 AM

View PostSaved By The Bell, on 14 December 2021 - 12:38 PM, said:

Well, new map is hard.

Some effort will be needed to learn this map.

#118 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 01:00 PM

STOP THIS STUPID BUFFING ONE SIDE PREFERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS FOR KILLING FACTIONPLAY

#119 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 01:18 PM

View PostRizzi Kell, on 15 December 2021 - 01:00 PM, said:

STOP THIS STUPID BUFFING ONE SIDE PREFERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you could add some more details, please.

#120 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 01:28 PM

View PostRizzi Kell, on 15 December 2021 - 01:00 PM, said:

which side is hard buffed in your opinion and why

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users