147 replies to this topic

#121 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 15 December 2021 - 02:03 PM

I like the new map. Still need to play it more to learn my way around, but I've found different areas that work well for sniping or brawling. The verticality is a bit of a problem for mechs with torso mounts.

I also think that some of the pathways are problematic because you can only go up/down on 1 path which means non-JJ mechs will be forced into certain lanes that are easily choked being 1 mech wide.

Overall a strong map though and has a lot of positives. Well made.

#122 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 04:17 PM

Collision-transparent trees on the new map are something new for 2021 ...
I played only three games on new map. At the moment, I have no opinion about the new map except for trees, which I wrote about at the beginning of my post.

#123 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 05:16 PM

View Postpattonesque, on 15 December 2021 - 01:28 PM, said:

which side is hard buffed in your opinion and why

just see my posts in the last patchnotes.from aprilpatch and may june.....

#124 NanoLeviathan

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 08:33 PM

Not a fan of Hellbore. I know map making is difficult but this is one of the laziest maps. Not only is it an eyesore where there is no colour variation at all, it's a confusing maze of corridors and no way back up if you don't have jump jets.

Floating grass everywhere. Not to mention the pipes with "clutter" inside trying to hide the painfully obvious fact that it's a cylinder stuck to the side of a mountain.

#125 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 16 December 2021 - 05:42 AM

View PostNanoLeviathan, on 15 December 2021 - 08:33 PM, said:

Not a fan of Hellbore. I know map making is difficult but this is one of the laziest maps. Not only is it an eyesore where there is no colour variation at all, it's a confusing maze of corridors and no way back up if you don't have jump jets.

Whn you learn the map, everything will be all right. Posted Image

#126 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 16 December 2021 - 05:54 AM

View PostWid1046, on 13 December 2021 - 06:08 AM, said:

The buff to the MLX-Prime LT should be moved to the LA or So8. Right now it'll just buff the meta B RA, ED LA missile build. This gives no reason to break away from that meta and is just a straight buff to it since no other LT has any quirks other than armor (and the Prime LT has the same armor quirk as all the others).

I dont this buff is that game breaking. Its nice to be able to something else thats actually viable on a mist lynx other than machine guns and lasers. The mech is capable of doing 1k damage max. Pretty reasonable imo.

#127 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 December 2021 - 04:40 AM

View PostTrashtier, on 16 December 2021 - 05:54 AM, said:

I dont this buff is that game breaking. Its nice to be able to something else thats actually viable on a mist lynx other than machine guns and lasers. The mech is capable of doing 1k damage max. Pretty reasonable imo.

Only 1000 Damage from an MLX at most? Does this include Artillery being used? :o

~D. V. "trying to make sense of the MLX Damage Limit Claim which you specify" Devnull

#128 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 05:44 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 17 December 2021 - 04:40 AM, said:

Only 1000 Damage from an MLX at most? Does this include Artillery being used? Posted Image

~D. V. "trying to make sense of the MLX Damage Limit Claim which you specify" Devnull

No this does not include artillery. This would be landing 75-85 percent of your srm shots on target.
https://mwo.nav-alph...76b420ef_MLX-ED

Edited by Trashtier, 17 December 2021 - 06:11 AM.

#129 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 06:13 AM

View PostRizzi Kell, on 15 December 2021 - 01:00 PM, said:

STOP THIS STUPID BUFFING ONE SIDE PREFERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS FOR KILLING FACTIONPLAY

I'm starting to agree, clans are getting too powerful again.

#130 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 04:45 AM

I like the new map so far, but the Domination piss stain is totally invisible on the minimap.

#131 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 10:00 AM

View PostJohn Bronco, on 17 December 2021 - 06:13 AM, said:

I'm starting to agree, clans are getting too powerful again.

is probably a little joke on the edge

#132 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 19 December 2021 - 02:16 AM

View Postsuffocater, on 18 December 2021 - 04:45 AM, said:

<<< snip >>> ... but the Domination piss stain is totally invisible on the minimap.

Not totally, but that yellow circle is insanely hard to see. Perhaps a green/blue/purple outline around the circle's edge for emphasis on any Map that can do the Domination Game Mode would help? :o

~D. V. "trying to constructively think of some way that Domination circle can visually be better indicated" Devnull

[Slight Edit by the Post Author for better selection of what Quote which they were responding to...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 19 December 2021 - 02:17 AM.

#133 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 December 2021 - 01:08 PM

View PostRizzi Kell, on 15 December 2021 - 05:16 PM, said:

just see my posts in the last patchnotes.from aprilpatch and may june.....

Myself and others have very clearly outlined why your Clan bias viewpoint is incorrect and additionally have provided many mechlab examples that you seemed unaware of.

I assume by your comments that you are still unwilling to adapt? I'd suggest re-reading past posts, give the builds a try, they are very strong and is why Clan mechs featured the majority of mechs in the World Champs that just completed.

Clan mechs being "under powered" is quite simply - wrong.

#134 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 19 December 2021 - 01:10 PM

wait he thinks clan mechs are underpowered? dozens of A+ clan options out there right now!

#135 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 02:09 AM

Okay... I think I've just hit another bloody BUG during my use of Patch v1.4.249.0 so far. :(

Upon going to the MAD-IIC-2 Mech in the In-Game Store and seeing the "Heavy Laser HSL +1" Quirk on it, it happens that I tried to fit 5 Heavy Medium Lasers in there. But, I'm getting a Warning saying that it's limited to 4 Heavy Medium Lasers before the Ghost Heat will jump me. WHAT THE HECK GIVES?!?!? :angry:

~D. V. "A tad frustrated that the 'Heavy Laser HSL +1' Quirk is not behaving as has been worded..." Devnull

#136 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 10:08 AM

This seems to be, at best, a pretty "meh" monthly patch at best.

Clan ERLL's being penalized is no fun, but at least its not a total smackdown on them.

Its nice to see clan LPLas not getting another beat down, for now.

The changes to the Jaegermech seem AWFUL to me; I love these mechs and rarely lose arms, and always run XL engines so blown torsos are death, so...yep...just awful as far as I can tell.

I know lots of guys think XL engines are a specialty engine for scout mechs but I totally disagree, especially with the newer "fast or dead" meta in the game. XL's are the only engines that aren't so horrendously overweight that they actually allow for decent weapons or speed. On my mechs I run 90% XL's, and 10% LT engines on brawling assaults only. Standard engines may have been of some use in the past when there was some bit of a stand-and-fight energy in the game, but that's history. Standards are boat anchors now and I don't see them coming back.

My SNV-1 taking a hit on it's laser buff doesn't make me happy.

The new Hellebore map. I think it looks amazing and is a bit of a piece of art pretty much, so kudo's on that. However, the gameplay still embodies many aspects of the new maps that I don't like at all. Clearly anti-missile structure all over the place, definitely geographically challenging for anything without significant jump jets, and despite the map being of large size, the actual combat takes place if a very small portion at the center of the map generally shielded from long range attack, this map design continues on with past maps pressure to have outcomes determined by brawlers and ambushers hugging each other to death. So if you like long range combat, or group strategy, you're basically out of luck, pretty much as usual. If you can barely plan out how to make a grilled cheese sandwich, but you're great with surprise mech buttsecks then this map may be for you. I'll keep voting for Canyon Network, Grim Plexus, and Tourmaline Desert, personally.

I do need to thank the MWO team for all the very cool events going on right now, even though that's not directly related to the patch! My mostly map related gripes aside, it is a great time to play MWO! Posted Image

Edited by An6ryMan69, 20 December 2021 - 11:13 AM.

#137 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 02:04 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 19 December 2021 - 01:08 PM, said:

Myself and others have very clearly outlined why your Clan bias viewpoint is incorrect and additionally have provided many mechlab examples that you seemed unaware of.

I assume by your comments that you are still unwilling to adapt? I'd suggest re-reading past posts, give the builds a try, they are very strong and is why Clan mechs featured the majority of mechs in the World Champs that just completed.

Clan mechs being "under powered" is quite simply - wrong.

Oh well

Clann Erll nerv a litle
Ani STD Erll buff 6 Erll Alpha
you can come up with other thoughts

#138 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 December 2021 - 06:20 PM

View PostStaude, on 20 December 2021 - 02:04 PM, said:

Oh well

Clann Erll nerv a litle
Ani STD Erll buff 6 Erll Alpha
you can come up with other thoughts

I would not for a second say the Anni 1E, with 6 ERL all located in low-slung arms, is even worth bringing up. It was not even used in Worlds once.

However lets look at the SNV with the HSL+1 quirk is stronger by a significant margin and 10T lighter and JJs... Which saw significant use in most matches.

I can't really come up with any other thoughts because once again your comparisons are wildly inaccurate and not reality, not close.

#139 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 03:34 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 20 December 2021 - 06:20 PM, said:

I would not for a second say the Anni 1E, with 6 ERL all located in low-slung arms, is even worth bringing up. It was not even used in Worlds once.

However lets look at the SNV with the HSL+1 quirk is stronger by a significant margin and 10T lighter and JJs... Which saw significant use in most matches.

I can't really come up with any other thoughts because once again your comparisons are wildly inaccurate and not reality, not close.

This is how I can tell that you are not playing FP,what concerns the Ani

Furthermore, Comp Play can be compared with FP in the same way as QP and FP the comparison hung

if you're already comparing, also compare the burning time and heat development of the two 'Mechs

JJ can only be used to a limited extent for the burning time of the laser

10 tons lighter is also a bit less armor

IS 265 T vs Clan 250 T I can also confidently take the Ani,

but I will submit to your explanations because you are right as always have Posted Image

Edited by Staude, 21 December 2021 - 03:37 AM.

#140 Yllirion

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 04:25 AM

View PostStaude, on 21 December 2021 - 03:34 AM, said:

This is how I can tell that you are not playing FP,what concerns the Ani

You know me, Staude, and i am plaing FP a lot. Mostly on clanside last two months, and i have no problems with clantech:
laser vomits are great again (like ebj/tmb/new sunspider hero with 2lpl/6erml builds), new poptart meta is great (ac10/ac5+ERPCC combo). 3 ERPPC vapor eagles outtrade slow and big annies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users