Bloodname Booster Pack Preorder Available Now!

99 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 02:41 PM

Bloodname Booster Pack Preorder Available Now!

#2 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 02:44 PM

Kitfox omni pods doesn't look very interesting for reals...
Summoner torsos can be pretty good for SRM bomber.. total 10x SRM4/6 with B arms Posted Image

Edited by Curccu, 28 January 2022 - 02:49 PM.

#3 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:05 PM

yay, again clan omni mechs Posted Image

Kit Fox KFX-P and Summoner SMN-G

Kit Fox: Unique RA, RT, LT, LA
Summoner: Unique RT, CT (forgot that, no pod though), LT, LA (but there are left arm pods with more than a single energy hardpoint)

Edited by Buenaventura, 28 January 2022 - 04:15 PM.

#4 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,573 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:06 PM

Oh. I thought PGI was going alternating order for Mech Pack faction and was expecting IS one next up.

#5 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:10 PM

QOL request: You've got the Summoner image on the left, and the Kit Fox on the right, but when you open the specs sheet, the KFX is on the left, and the SMN on the right. Any chance of consistency? I knew what the SMN loadout was supposed to be and was REALLY confused when it wasn't right, only to realize I was looking at the KFX, instead.

Thanks! :)

#6 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:13 PM

I'm in. This looks like a couple more fun mechs. Plus I like the new cockpit stuff/colors.

#7 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:25 PM

View PostCycKath, on 28 January 2022 - 03:06 PM, said:

Oh. I thought PGI was going alternating order for Mech Pack faction and was expecting IS one next up.

Next pack is IS ;)

View PostC337Skymaster, on 28 January 2022 - 03:10 PM, said:

QOL request: You've got the Summoner image on the left, and the Kit Fox on the right, but when you open the specs sheet, the KFX is on the left, and the SMN on the right. Any chance of consistency? I knew what the SMN loadout was supposed to be and was REALLY confused when it wasn't right, only to realize I was looking at the KFX, instead. Thanks! :)

OK getting the web dude to flip those.

#8 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:36 PM

Is there Mist Lynx in these images hinting at something? Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:43 PM

As an IS pilot the summoner scares me

View PostMatt Newman, on 28 January 2022 - 03:25 PM, said:

Next pack is IS ;)

OK getting the web dude to flip those.

Can we get like an IS 90+ toner with 10 laser hard points like a psyclops or something? That would be pretty cool since there are no IS mechs with 10 or more energy hard points.

#10 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:50 PM

The colors and bonus goodies are 100% my favorite so far. THANK you for black and red, these will match the rest of the colors in my mech bay perfectly.

SMN-G is great.

KFX-P looks a little dry to me, think there are better options (MDD-F, GAR-J, NCT-G, and more) but obviously a buy from me.

View PostCycKath, on 28 January 2022 - 03:06 PM, said:

The problem is the community keeps asking for garbage IS content that doesn't sell well, while the community asks for Clan content that is actually interesting and therefore sells, and they gotta keep the lights on.

#11 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:54 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 28 January 2022 - 03:25 PM, said:

Next pack is IS Posted Image

ETA? Posted Image

#12 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 28 January 2022 - 04:07 PM

My guess is the Warden pack probably sold the best so far out of these packs, so they are revisiting the concept again.

#13 Swagna

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 04:41 PM

A red Summoner? Nicolai Malthus approves

#14 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 January 2022 - 05:03 PM

I'm also curious to learn the rationale behind making up a new -PGI variant vs adding an existing one that's missing? It's not like we needed a new Kit Fox, specifically... The Adder-E could have added dual energy hardpoints to the side torsos, for example... Or the MLX-F (seemingly hinted at in the Elemental previews) would give us an 8x Energy MLX with ECM in the torso, instead of sacrificing an entire arm to equip it. Etc...

Edited by C337Skymaster, 28 January 2022 - 05:17 PM.

#15 Krovakon

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 05:32 PM

Summoner looks like it'll be tons of fun, kit fox on the other hand looks like worthless garbage. With that being said, if you moved that AMS from the right arm to literally anywhere else you'd sell significantly more packs. The only thing it looks like that kitfox lets you do is run 2 extra MG's at the cost of 2 laser hardpoints. So you can do a 6 ERMED 4 MG build which isn't bad I guess but isn't exactly something to really talk about, unless I'm missing something of course. This seems to be a recurring theme for these packs where one mech is garbage and the other is fantastic, except for the warden pack which had two fantastic mechs.

With all that being said, from a cosmetic standpoint I think both look phenomenal. That Opfor red looks gorgeous on them and the bolt-ons are just great. If I could put those cosmetics on my SO8 kitfox/Summoners It'd be an immediate buy for looks alone.

#16 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 05:50 PM

#17 PeteZonee

• PipPip
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 28 January 2022 - 06:05 PM

The summoner is excellent. Gives much more, super fun options for the mech. 10 missile hardpoint, 7 energy hardpoint, as some examples.

But the kitfox on the other hand is really disappointing. It's pretty bland in the scheme of things with the only special thing is its 2B+2E in the torsos and the possibility of making a 5 ballistic and 4 energy hardpoint kitfox. You'd need to save this variant via quirks imo.

Also even though we liked the warden boltons and camo a lot. It would've been awesome to see completely new designs and boltons rather than it being rehashed.

Edited by PeteZonee, 28 January 2022 - 06:06 PM.

#18 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,603 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 28 January 2022 - 07:08 PM

Me and my brother are going absolute Ape Crazy!

Finally. . . . the Summoner G! I wonder how the heck are you guys going to get the Missile Hardpoints to work?

Still, can't wait to get this baby into my `MechBay.

#19 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 07:30 PM

I'm not crazy about Summoners, but I like the look of 7E+JJs or 10M. That's a good addition to what clan heavy omnimechs can do. I would have preferred to see a new clan heavy or assault Battlemech though from a variety standpoint. Surprised we haven't seen a Madcat Mk II, Marauder IIC, or Warhammer IIC yet. (or an Ebon Jaguar if it had to be omni, but that's just because those are my favorite :P)

Agree that the Kitfox looks a bit dry. Guess it'll depend on quirks.

I'm not so hot on another neon camo or the elementals either. But I recognize that a lot of people really liked those from the warden pack, so I can't really blame PGI for going that route :P

So overall I'm not as excited about this as I was for some of the other packs, but I am gonna grab it for the Summoner and to keep supporting.

#20 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 08:26 PM

How hard would it be to put this color palette on the Warden Pack special variants?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users