Bloodname Booster Pack Preorder Available Now!

99 replies to this topic

#61 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 06:21 AM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 30 January 2022 - 10:00 PM, said:

The trend lately has been that the quirks are released with the patch notes, usually the friday before the patch release tuesday. Preorder bonuses remain available for 1 month after release.

Hey Mark, is there any specific reason PGI won't let us gift new player packs (IS- and Clan) via the webshop despite us having asked for that revenue-related feature via forums, discord and support-mail multiple times now? Would be a very appreciated to have or are you folks that close to the edge in terms of workload at the moment?

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 31 January 2022 - 06:21 AM.

#62 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 09:20 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 30 January 2022 - 09:19 AM, said:

King Crab: "I shall call him... mini-Me" *holds claw to cockpit*

The Adder is the Mini Me of the Dire Wolf so it's not a crazy idea to give the King Crab it's own Mini Me too! :D

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#63 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 10:11 AM

I guess it's the old can't please everyone. When the warden pack came out people were begging to use get the camo on other clan mechs, but as most know it is not that easy to just add a camo to every clan mech these days as there are so many. PGI decides lets make another pack with that camo! Players.. Lame.. rehashed camo can't we get something new?

I would like to see some more unique clan bolt on's though, what you did with the thunderbolt was awesome. Stalker was pretty solid too.

Count me as one that loves the summoner but I'm scared what this one is gonna be. A heavy armored ACW? yikes! I was thinking about getting one too, might just have to get this instead. So far you have been picking mechs i really enjoy, the stalker pack really had me tempted as well. Hmm what to get.

Edited by JC Daxion, 31 January 2022 - 10:13 AM.

#64 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 10:26 AM

Hopefully this pack breathes life into the Summoner mech overall.

You rarely see them around, and I don't own a single one. Played around quite a bit in the mechlab and testing grounds *trying* to like them, but damn if the paltry weapons loads don't just cripple this thing. A 70 tonner with the weapons of a 50 tonner doesn't exactly have people lining up to get one, period.

As others have suggested, this Summoner will almost surely thrive or die based on perks, and if a booster pack Summoner can't breathe life into the chassis, it's a bit of a goner. If the CT had some very solid perks that you didn't lose by swapping omnipods, that would help a lot. It might be a good trend to start across the board with Clan Omnimechs to be honest.

I'm still not decided on this purchase, and I've bitten on everything that's come out in the last year within about thirty seconds of seeing it.

#65 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 10:32 AM

Would be nice to bring back the à la carte option. No one wants to pay for filler content, like that Kit Fox.

Edited by Paladin IIC, 31 January 2022 - 10:33 AM.

#66 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 31 January 2022 - 02:31 PM

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 31 January 2022 - 10:26 AM, said:

Hopefully this pack breathes life into the Summoner mech overall.

You rarely see them around, and I don't own a single one. Played around quite a bit in the mechlab and testing grounds *trying* to like them, but damn if the paltry weapons loads don't just cripple this thing. A 70 tonner with the weapons of a 50 tonner doesn't exactly have people lining up to get one, period.

As others have suggested, this Summoner will almost surely thrive or die based on perks, and if a booster pack Summoner can't breathe life into the chassis, it's a bit of a goner. If the CT had some very solid perks that you didn't lose by swapping omnipods, that would help a lot. It might be a good trend to start across the board with Clan Omnimechs to be honest.

I'm still not decided on this purchase, and I've bitten on everything that's come out in the last year within about thirty seconds of seeing it.

LRM 5+ Artemis Spam. . . incoming.

#67 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 03:49 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 28 January 2022 - 03:25 PM, said:

Next pack is IS Posted Image

OK getting the web dude to flip those.

If we are getting IS pack after this, I would LOVE if we got the Vindicator 5L. A laser vomit vindicator to spice up the vindicator line

#68 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 February 2022 - 05:38 AM

View PostRhaelcan, on 31 January 2022 - 03:49 PM, said:

If we are getting IS pack after this, I would LOVE if we got the Vindicator 5L. A laser vomit vindicator to spice up the vindicator line

A more likely alternative would be the 4L. The 5L has Triple Strength Myomer and a Sword, which requires a lot of rejiggering by PGI. The 4L has ECM and Stealth Armor, both of which already exist and require no graphical modeling. The remaining weapons load is already doable on existing Vindicators, meaning the only graphical work required is whatever special camo they decide on.

Combine that with the Victor 10L, and you've got yourself a nice Liao Jumping Stealth pack.

#69 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 February 2022 - 09:26 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 01 February 2022 - 05:38 AM, said:

A more likely alternative would be the 4L. The 5L has Triple Strength Myomer and a Sword, which requires a lot of rejiggering by PGI. The 4L has ECM and Stealth Armor, both of which already exist and require no graphical modeling. The remaining weapons load is already doable on existing Vindicators, meaning the only graphical work required is whatever special camo they decide on.

Combine that with the Victor 10L, and you've got yourself a nice Liao Jumping Stealth pack.

Marauder 9S instead????

#70 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 02 February 2022 - 05:22 AM

View PostPaladin IIC, on 31 January 2022 - 10:32 AM, said:

Would be nice to bring back the à la carte option. No one wants to pay for filler content, like that Kit Fox.

Indeed I would have used 10$ to buy RGH-BLT (BOLT) but zero interest to buy this trash called SNS-AMB (AMBUSH).
Same with this Summoner, looks nice could use 10$ to get it but again this kitfox is rubbish... it doesn't have enough new USEFUL hardpoint options compared to purifier and other existing variants and will not play ever if I buy this set.

At the moment 50/50 if I want to spend 20$ for Summoner.

Edited by Curccu, 02 February 2022 - 05:22 AM.

#71 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 February 2022 - 05:27 AM

View PostLionheart2012, on 01 February 2022 - 09:26 PM, said:

Marauder 9S instead????

I'd love that one, too. Ironically, when I look through Sarna, it seems as though, of the 10 or 20 variants, only three equip Jump Jets, and we have all three of those in MWO. Conversely, at least 10 (of 20) have ECM, and we've finally added ONE of those. So it seems as though we're currently a bit backwards by having more JJ options of the Marauder than ECM options.

View PostCurccu, on 02 February 2022 - 05:22 AM, said:

Indeed I would have used 10$ to buy RGH-BLT (BOLT) but zero interest to buy this trash called SNS-AMB (AMBUSH).
Same with this Summoner, looks nice could use 10$ to get it but again this kitfox is rubbish... it doesn't have enough new USEFUL hardpoint options compared to purifier and other existing variants and will not play ever if I buy this set.

At the moment 50/50 if I want to spend 20$ for Summoner.

Except that, based on previous a la carte pricing, that'd be $15 for the single 'mech, if $20 for a pack. Or maybe $12. A la carte always makes it more cost-effective to just buy the pack.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 02 February 2022 - 05:28 AM.

#72 KS Highlander

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 02 February 2022 - 07:00 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 28 January 2022 - 05:03 PM, said:

I'm also curious to learn the rationale behind making up a new -PGI variant vs adding an existing one that's missing? It's not like we needed a new Kit Fox, specifically... The Adder-E could have added dual energy hardpoints to the side torsos, for example... Or the MLX-F (seemingly hinted at in the Elemental previews) would give us an 8x Energy MLX with ECM in the torso, instead of sacrificing an entire arm to equip it. Etc...

Until PGI puts a dev team on this, I doubt we will get a new mech type. We are getting general maintenance items and a new map even. But nothing outside of that until PGI devotes more resources (my opinion).

#73 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 February 2022 - 07:23 AM

View PostKS Highlander, on 02 February 2022 - 07:00 AM, said:

Until PGI puts a dev team on this, I doubt we will get a new mech type. We are getting general maintenance items and a new map even. But nothing outside of that until PGI devotes more resources (my opinion).

I wasn't saying new chassis. I was saying "why that chassis" for a new variant. They must have REALLY wanted to do a Kit Fox, because they went to the trouble of inventing their own hardpoints, vs adding an existing variant that's been missing from MWO (like the Hellbringer-C, or something), so I'm curious why the Kit Fox was so important to this pack, and why it couldn't have been an Adder, or Mist Lynx, or something.

#74 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 02 February 2022 - 09:54 AM

that summoner looks damn scary.

I like it

#75 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 02 February 2022 - 12:31 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 02 February 2022 - 05:27 AM, said:

Except that, based on previous a la carte pricing, that'd be $15 for the single 'mech, if $20 for a pack. Or maybe $12. A la carte always makes it more cost-effective to just buy the pack.

10, 12 or 15 is better than 20 for the mech that I wanna play one that I don't wanna play, not sure why there always have to be **** mech and cool mech in these bundles of two.

#76 Ch1r0n

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWhere the Devil Dances

Posted 02 February 2022 - 12:59 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 28 January 2022 - 03:50 PM, said:

The problem is the community keeps asking for garbage IS content that doesn't sell well, while the community asks for Clan content that is actually interesting and therefore sells, and they gotta keep the lights on.

See, I find this the exact opposite, so much clan tech is getting added in now that I and my running buddies have stopped playing till theres more IS content.

#77 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 02 February 2022 - 01:57 PM

I don't care... I welcome any new variants, but my heart is wanting new chassis!

Although, owning almost 700 mechs, I'm a bit biased... :D

Edited by Big-G, 02 February 2022 - 01:58 PM.

#78 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 February 2022 - 03:14 PM

I only buy IS, packs.

#79 NanoLeviathan

• PipPip
  • Little Helper