265 replies to this topic

#241 UMPA Viper

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 12:35 PM

View Postmartian, on 09 October 2022 - 09:05 PM, said:

Anybody claiming that cheating is "widespread", "common", "MWO is full of cheaters" or "happening on some scale" - or using any similar phrase - must first collect tons of verifiable proofs (screenshots, videos, etc.) showing such cheating in the current game.

Saying "google such proofs" does not cut it. If somebody shows up with the claims of a wide existence of something, then it is his obligation to have proofs ready. After all, it should be a very easy task for him.
That's how discussions work. Telling other people to find proofs for somebody else's theory is not the correct approach.

Also, stating "The game is full of cheaters. Prove me that it is not so." is not the correct approach. See above.

Also, complaining "Somebody killed me in the game. Therefore, he must have been cheating" does not count as proof. Many players have excellent piloting and gunnery skills, map knowledge and situational awareness.

Ahhh ,, opinions are like buttholes , everybody has one.

Maybe PGI should concentrate more on banning the cheaters and less on tweaking weapons to this old game. I believe they have given up on it. I have seen way to many lately. Yes , its my opinion , but when you have been playing these types of games along with FPS games for over 25 years , they aint hard to spot.

#242 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 October 2022 - 04:14 PM

View PostUMPA Viper, on 16 October 2022 - 12:35 PM, said:

Ahhh ,, opinions are like buttholes , everybody has one.

Maybe PGI should concentrate more on banning the cheaters and less on tweaking weapons to this old game. I believe they have given up on it. I have seen way to many lately. Yes , its my opinion , but when you have been playing these types of games along with FPS games for over 25 years , they aint hard to spot.

Well, record some matches and talk us through the cheaters you spotted and how you spotted them, Mr. Expert.

Put up or shut up.

#243 UMPA Viper

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 11:59 AM

View PostEscef, on 16 October 2022 - 04:14 PM, said:

Well, record some matches and talk us through the cheaters you spotted and how you spotted them, Mr. Expert.

Put up or shut up.

Aweee , have i offended your delicate sensitivities ?? LOL. If you deny there aren't cheaters in this game , then you are either in denial or just plain uneducated.

#244 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 October 2022 - 06:29 PM

View PostUMPA Viper, on 17 October 2022 - 11:59 AM, said:

Aweee , have i offended your delicate sensitivities ?? LOL. If you deny there aren't cheaters in this game , then you are either in denial or just plain uneducated.

As I've said repeatedly, I do not deny the existence of cheats/hacks. Nor do I deny that some people employ them. However, I've been playing this game since early open beta, and I've found cheating in MWO to be vanishingly rare.

So, if you are done trying to misrepresent my position, put up or shut up. Show us this rampant cheating you claim is out there. I mean, if it's rampant, it shouldn't take you long to document suspicious gameplay. Right?

Prove to me the sky is falling and I'll be amongst those hounding PGI for solutions. Until then, all you have are unsubstantiated claims. You remind me of a couple people in the community (who we mercifully don't see around much anymore), let's call them "Thinks He's a Bear" and "Impoverished Housing Fight-Guy". They both swore up and down that cheating was rampant. However, what it really came down to is that they were players of, at best, middling skill that refused to believe that they could be defeated by anyone that wasn't cheating.

#245 Pixel Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 372 posts
  • LocationTraverse City, MI

Posted 20 October 2022 - 06:23 PM

View PostCurccu, on 12 October 2022 - 11:38 PM, said:

Yes but something developer whiteflags cannot be called even questionable IMO.
Macros can do stuff more precise than human but is there really any real advantage in those? I have used macros to build AC2 chainfire build to jager back in the day which was fun but less effective than alphaing all 6 of them at once. And tried to do ERLL group chainfires to precisely evade ghostheat but didn't get it to work as well as I wanted so I ditched that also.

is something can do it more precisely than a human, especially on a very repeatable basis then yeah it's an advantage, especially when used to dance around mechanics like ghost heat.

#246 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 09:51 PM

View PostPixel Hunter, on 20 October 2022 - 06:23 PM, said:

is something can do it more precisely than a human, especially on a very repeatable basis then yeah it's an advantage, especially when used to dance around mechanics like ghost heat.

In theory or should I say on paper yes they are, but writing that macro so it actually works better ALWAYS in every situation isn't that easy IMO, or maybe I'm just ****** macro writer with pretty good internal clock.

#247 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 10:28 PM

View PostEscef, on 17 October 2022 - 06:29 PM, said:

So, if you are done trying to misrepresent my position, put up or shut up. Show us this rampant cheating you claim is out there. I mean, if it's rampant, it shouldn't take you long to document suspicious gameplay. Right?

It's weird this thread has been allowed to go on this long. Usually they get stamped on real quick. If we pretend there's no exploits then there's no exploits.

There absolutely are MWO exploits in the wild. Some of the youtubes are a bit ambiguous, some not so much. The only saving grace for the game is almost no one cares, so no one really bothers cheating. Most of the cheating accuations are actually just potatos not understanding mechanics, or skill.

My main interest in posting though is as a marker for this thread wondering why it hasn't been axed like every other cheating thread.

#248 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 11:10 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 20 October 2022 - 10:28 PM, said:

It's weird this thread has been allowed to go on this long. Usually they get stamped on real quick. If we pretend there's no exploits then there's no exploits.

There absolutely are MWO exploits in the wild. Some of the youtubes are a bit ambiguous, some not so much. The only saving grace for the game is almost no one cares, so no one really bothers cheating. Most of the cheating accuations are actually just potatos not understanding mechanics, or skill.

My main interest in posting though is as a marker for this thread wondering why it hasn't been axed like every other cheating thread.

Because while we're not allowed to talk about specific available cheats and we're not allowed to post evidence of cheats, we're still allowed to say that cheats exist.

(This makes demands to record cheats to share as evidence here laughable, since they get moderated.)

#249 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 October 2022 - 01:09 AM

View Postmartian, on 16 March 2022 - 11:26 PM, said:

Accusing other players of cheating is probably easier that admitting that one's gunnery skills are not as good as one thinks.

Needed this as a username while getting Guillotine last month lmao

#250 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 22 October 2022 - 01:38 AM

View PostOrion_, on 22 October 2022 - 01:09 AM, said:

Needed this as a username while getting Guillotine last month lmao

Congrats! Posted Image

#251 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,834 posts

Posted 22 October 2022 - 02:30 PM

View PostEscef, on 15 July 2022 - 02:36 AM, said:

Fun fact: We don't have the Firemoth/Dasher because it is so fast it would break the netcode.

As for an assault going over 100, the Skokomish hero Zeus can do that. You don't see anyone playing it, because the tonnage outlay necessary for a 400XL + MASC on an 80 ton mech leaves it with a weapons payload of a mech 25 tons lighter.

not too sure i buy the 'cant do the firemoth' line anymore. eq did an event which could get a light mech with a speed boost, and some of those squirrels were flying with nay an impingement on the net code that i could discern.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 October 2022 - 02:34 PM.

#252 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 October 2022 - 01:14 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 October 2022 - 02:30 PM, said:

not too sure i buy the 'cant do the firemoth' line anymore. eq did an event which could get a light mech with a speed boost, and some of those squirrels were flying with nay an impingement on the net code that i could discern.

Dude, you spouted the same idea in response the same day I posted that... You feelin' ok?

#253 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 02:41 AM

ever wonder why the flea20 in particular is so hard to hit? a large part of it is that it goes 177 with masc. 180kph isnt a hard cutoff. the closer you get to it the worse the hit reg gets. 180 works, its just the point were it became so bad that pgi decided it wasnt worth it.

#254 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,834 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 04:41 PM

View Postevil kerensky, on 23 October 2022 - 02:41 AM, said:

ever wonder why the flea20 in particular is so hard to hit? a large part of it is that it goes 177 with masc. 180kph isnt a hard cutoff. the closer you get to it the worse the hit reg gets. 180 works, its just the point were it became so bad that pgi decided it wasnt worth it.

i doubt it. 177kph is still pretty slow as far as physics engines go and some of these guys dont know how to lead.

#255 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 09:53 PM

View Postevil kerensky, on 23 October 2022 - 02:41 AM, said:

Some players have problems with estimating the needed "lead" of the target when firing their ACs or PPCs, or holding their lasers on the small Flea.

The piloting skill of the Flea's pilot is also a factor. Not running in straight lines, but switching to zig-zagging helps them to survive.

#256 Pixel Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 372 posts
  • LocationTraverse City, MI

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:11 PM

View PostCurccu, on 20 October 2022 - 09:51 PM, said:

In theory or should I say on paper yes they are, but writing that macro so it actually works better ALWAYS in every situation isn't that easy IMO, or maybe I'm just ****** macro writer with pretty good internal clock.

being bad at writing a macro doesn't mean it's not okay.

#257 r4plez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 812 posts
  • LocationFoundry

Posted 12 November 2022 - 06:16 AM

I had already two times a situation that my mech was stuck in rewerse while in match, W key was not working for 10-15 seconds, i could shoot and move camera normally :/

Edited by r4plez, 12 November 2022 - 06:16 AM.

#258 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 November 2022 - 06:23 AM

View Postr4plez, on 12 November 2022 - 06:16 AM, said:

I had already two times a situation that my mech was stuck in rewerse while in match, W key was not working for 10-15 seconds, i could shoot and move camera normally :/

That sounds like sticky keys or language switching.

I disable both in windows

#259 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,834 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 05:59 PM

no there is a reverse key to invert the throttle, in case you want a one way throttle (makes it easier to zero throttle). my cat knows where it is but i think its on the keypad somewhere.

Edited by LordNothing, 14 November 2022 - 06:00 PM.

#260 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 892 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 15 November 2022 - 12:34 AM

I think PGI (partly) not wish to give us Firemoths because they foresee a forum full of cries whole rivers 'till flood... A Flea run about ~170-180 kph and bloody hard to hit. A Firemoth, since it has MASC, could speed up to 216 kph (~250 for the G variant). It means it could run around a running Flea and r@pe it into pieces.
Without doubt that would be cool and dreadfull in the same time and also bring the sensitive topic of "proper mech movements" like squat, step aside, bend the torso toward the side in angles, lift or push arms forth... Stuffs what help killing fast light buggers but developers would say and reject with a big "NO HELLBRED *******! BE CONTENT WITH WHAT WE GIVE YOU!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users