Help Me Guide

29 replies to this topic

#1 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 April 2022 - 11:56 AM

Can all UAC's double tap?

I was using an IS uac/5 and I dont exactly remember, but I dont think it would double tap.

I am thinking about new builds and the answer would be helpful.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 13 April 2022 - 12:10 PM

Yes, every UAC can fire faster than its recycle time, unless it jams. (Which they do annoyingly often.)

When fielding a UAC, pay attention to the mech's quirks. Anything that reduces cooldown, jam chance, or jam duration time makes the mech that much stronger with that armament. There are some ridiculously well-quirked IS mechs for this!

#3 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 April 2022 - 01:46 PM

Also, the higher caliber UACs have a higher chance of jamming. I'm looking at you, UAC 20. The Clan ACs fire multiple pellets while IS fires a single one, so there's a difference in the mechanism there but the clan ones can double tap just the same.

#4 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 April 2022 - 03:37 PM

Hmm dear pilot the jamming is related to a RAMDOM number, first thing you go is REBOOT your computer, its based on month DATE and time or something like that, i test this in the test grounds, if they jam all the time even with chain fire or grouped you probally have a ONE number out of ten.

OK now LEARN that chain fire jams less, so use that when some stands still, and use group fire with no DOUPLE tap, it will shoot normal, with no jamming, just do not douple click all the time.

SAWK--- try some testing, just make sure your computer is totaly OFF, the ramdom number is started by your microsoft programs, no restart --- i''l say again no restart shut it down.

GOOD LUCK

#5 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts

Posted 13 April 2022 - 04:03 PM

Chain firing UAC's results in not double tapping at all, which also completely bypasses the main strength of the weapon. I would NOT recommend this.

And the random number thing... I've never heard that before, nor do I think that sounds even plausible. SAWK, do you have evidence for this that is not anecdotal?

#6 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 April 2022 - 05:11 PM

You can check MechDB for which mechs have these quirks:
~UAC Jam Chance
~UAC Jam Duration

1. Goto MechDB
https://mwo.nav-alpha.com/mechs

2. Bottom left corner [Quirks]
~Type in "UAC"
~Select for [UAC_Jam_Chance], and/or
~Select for [UAC_Jam_Duration]

3. Selected results from yours truly:
NSR-10P
NSR-9P
MAL-2P
MAD-IIC-A
DWF-Prime
etc. etc.

Edited by w0qj, 13 April 2022 - 05:12 PM.

#7 Phemto5

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2022 - 09:21 PM

I have been doing a lot of testing, it seems that if you wait 10ms after the cycle time it resets you chance to jam after a double tap. but that is only resetting the chance it might just do it any way. Chain fire does help but it also defeats the power of double tapping unless you spam click and then you are not going to time the clicks right to not make a 3rd click on a gun jamming it.

PGI Please help make jamming a violation of the mechanic not a part of the mechanic. Remove random jams for good double taps.

#8 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 05:02 AM

They actually just buffed the UAC/5. try it on a mech with some good quirks and you'll see it got rather nasty.

#9 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 06:02 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 14 April 2022 - 05:02 AM, said:

They actually just buffed the UAC/5. try it on a mech with some good quirks and you'll see it got rather nasty.

Yeah. Better cooldown, less jamming. Nice range.

#10 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 03:45 PM

there you go,, TEST to make sure you are not on a bad number, after a day and few reboots i bet you understand, quirks work on my TIMBERWOLF has a small percent of jam resist, i run 2 ultra 5 1 ultra 2 and 2 med lazer, as a test platform, on frozen city very easy path to learn kill 4 mechs, no more then 4 jams, and 1 overheat for top 10 of ramdom : )

SAWK PS i love to run 3 LBX 2, and 4 med lazers on timber wolf, with some jump jet skills, and hunt those little DUDES,, TRY an take break from testing : )

#11 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 16 April 2022 - 11:38 AM

Can we send this Post to ghost town? So much wrong Info, that will just confuse new players.

#12 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 April 2022 - 08:43 AM

Since weapon firing is server-authoritative, that would mean jamming is too. Jamming is random based on some kind of algorithm and can be different across mechs and decreased with skill nodes, but rebooting your computer is not going to change your chances of jamming. That's just not how it works.

#13 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 05:52 PM

HMMM sure it is, it is based on TIME, and maybe date, then divide or may add 17, read up on it ---- but it always changes is mondays better then fridays ??????????????????.

SAWK

#14 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 09:33 PM

No.

#15 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 April 2022 - 06:17 AM

actually a UAC can jam even when you don't double tap. i can't even count the number of times i go to fire only to have them jam on the first trigger pull. i don't run them on any mech that doesn't have a UAC jam chance quirk.

#16 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 27 April 2022 - 09:14 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 27 April 2022 - 06:17 AM, said:

actually a UAC can jam even when you don't double tap. i can't even count the number of times i go to fire only to have them jam on the first trigger pull. i don't run them on any mech that doesn't have a UAC jam chance quirk.

I strongly suspect these cases are caused by poor network connectivity where due to desyncronization client doesn't get the package telling it that a gun jammed. Later, when you try to fire again, the server updates the information and tells the client that no, you can't do that.

#17 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 April 2022 - 11:41 AM

nope i have had it happen on the first pull of the first shot of the match. its just a random number generator choosing when to jam em with an increased chance the faster you fire double taps back to back. most of the time i have decent connection (not as good as it used to be since i started using a VPN but rarely does my ping go over 80 usually more in the high 60s. not bad considering i live in podunk nowhere)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 28 April 2022 - 11:42 AM.

#18 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 08:22 PM

A UAC can only jam if it is on cooldown, hence you'll never experience a jam without shooting first. What is possible is that the server registers a second click right after the first one. This can happen due to connection issues or due to the dreaded doubleclick issue of a dying mouseswitch. Logitech mice were once particularly known to have these.

#19 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 03:11 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 28 April 2022 - 08:22 PM, said:

A UAC can only jam if it is on cooldown, hence you'll never experience a jam without shooting first. What is possible is that the server registers a second click right after the first one. This can happen due to connection issues or due to the dreaded doubleclick issue of a dying mouseswitch. Logitech mice were once particularly known to have these.

This!

#20 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 11:34 AM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 27 April 2022 - 06:17 AM, said:

This. Recently had both guns jam on a dual UAC20 build on the first single firing of the match, leaving me helpless. Yuck...

Edited by An6ryMan69, 09 May 2022 - 11:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users