42 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 04:31 PM

MAP UPDATE

Greetings MechWarriors!

The new Quick Play map (pictured below), which is based off of the Faction Play map Vitric Forge, needs a bit more time in the oven for it to be ready for your enjoyment. Because of this, we will be moving its release to next month's patch on June 21st. We're very excited to bring you this new creation from Level Designer Francois, but we all want it to be as positive an experience as possible when it happens. Sorry for the inconvenience, but now that the bad news is out of the way, let's talk about the exciting stuff! Although the new map is delayed a month, the May patch is HUGE! Not only do we have the big 3, i.e. the Quirk Display and Information Update, the Skill Tree Improvements, and the Event Mode Queue, we also have a host of other updates including Weapon Adjustments, Equipment Adjustments, 'Mech Adjustments, Quirk Pass 10, adjustments to previous Quirk Passes, and more! Then in June we'll have the new map release, even more map updates (see below), and of course the release of the first new 'Mech chassis in over 3 years, the Crusader! May Patch notes will be available this Friday, so check that out for more details, and of course the June Patch notes will include the above-mentioned content and more.

Now for some previews of the new map, as well as some updates to existing maps, coming in June. Here are a few images of the new map that Francois was kind enough to share with me:

CAUSTIC VALLEY
  • Removed the fog completely
  • Increased spawn point cover for both sides
  • Added new central structure to provide cover for domination

VIRIDIAN BOG
  • Removed floating assets
  • Moved Theta capture point

TOURMALINE DESSERT
  • Modified the skirmish spawn point (grouped together) to match conquest and assault modes

With much excitement,
The MWO Team

#2 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 04:50 PM

Well, I'd rather have it delayed and working than delivered and broken. Take your time, don't rush it, and aim to entertain.

Silly question though, when can we expect the patch notes for the 24th's big update?

#3 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 04:50 PM

the spawns on frozen city classic i think it was skirmish mode needs to be addressed where team 1 Charlie spawn is pretty much instantly thrown if team 2 rushes them because they spawn in the low ground.

#4 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 04:53 PM

I'm going to be in the minority here, but I liked the fog on Caustic. Now, Endor Fog Forest Colony, on the other hand...

New Vitric looks good, doesn't seem too big but the scale is hard to tell from here

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 18 May 2022 - 04:53 PM.

#5 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 04:58 PM

View PostClay Endfield, on 18 May 2022 - 04:50 PM, said:

Well, I'd rather have it delayed and working than delivered and broken. Take your time, don't rush it, and aim to entertain.

Silly question though, when can we expect the patch notes for the 24th's big update?

I'll have them out Friday PST.

View Postzudukai, on 18 May 2022 - 04:50 PM, said:

the spawns on frozen city classic i think it was skirmish mode needs to be addressed where team 1 Charlie spawn is pretty much instantly thrown if team 2 rushes them because they spawn in the low ground.

I'll forward this to Francois, thanks for the feedback.

#6 Nishivion

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 05:08 PM

Are there going to be high-heat zones returning to Caustic Valley? Like the old caldera having a very warm area made the conflicts there interesting.

#7 SniperFury

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 05:15 PM

Thank you.

#8 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 05:21 PM

Getting Caustic fixed up is well worth the new map being delayed!

#9 McGrizzled

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 05:44 PM

I miss Caustic Valley at night. Everything softly lit by the warm glow of burning chemicals and weapons fire...

#10 cybex

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 18 May 2022 - 06:55 PM

Nice!Posted Image

#11 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 May 2022 - 07:42 PM

We really appreciate your personal touch + followup, Daeron!! ;)

View PostDaeron Katz, on 18 May 2022 - 04:58 PM, said:

I'll have them out Friday PST.

I'll forward this to Francois, thanks for the feedback.

#12 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 18 May 2022 - 07:52 PM

Looking forward for the forge.

#13 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 18 May 2022 - 09:15 PM

Looking forward to it...

#14 Be Rough With Me Plz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 247 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 09:35 PM

Stargate: Atlantis approves the new map.

#15 cazeral

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 01:21 AM

A big thank you for getting rid of the "fog" on Caustic. As someone who is partially sighted, this makes the map playable again.

It also removes the advantage (?) of certain 3rd party software that modified vision, without stepping over the threshold of using a map or wall hack, local solution that has been picked up and even discussed in the forums before. This allowed some players who used it to get locks and track targets well beyond a 1.5k range and through total obscuration. People are on the same footing again, so a big thumbs up.

Looking forward to the new map and a big shout out to delaying publishing it until further snagging is completed. I asked not to disappoint and kudos in putting the extra care into polishing the map; looking forward to playing on it.

#16 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 03:58 AM

Can't we just SHIFT+DEL or rm -rf the whole Caustic Map ?! Posted ImagePosted Image

Never liked it, never will, and I am talking about all of the versions/revisions it has had so far! ;)

#17 TunaFist88

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 May 2022 - 04:49 AM

On old caustic I LIKED the rain/bad weather on the cockpit glass. In new caustic, I LIKED the fog, though it was thicc pea soup. I LIKE the rising from underwater splash on my locust. It's all adding to immersive gameplay.

pressing F for all maps with climate historically removed vs adjusted.

Even if players cannot manipulate the various vision modes to adapt, A player can turn off glass entirely. Decreasing graphics settings removes visibility of gauss sparkles. Could weather and such be changeable in settings?

#18 Armsracer

• PipPip
  • The Juggernaut
  • The Juggernaut
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 05:33 AM

Great more time to play emerald before people go nuts over the new map. Man there's allot of work going on very proud of you guys.

#19 Lepestok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 19 May 2022 - 06:04 AM

My attitude towards the removal of fog from the caustic valley is STRONGLY negative. What a long-suffering card. Why are you doing this to her? Now you are removing the atmosphere from it, and not solving the problem of its unpopularity.

#20 CL4M

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 06:11 AM

R.I.P. Caustic Valley? YES!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users